Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion and shame

Sherapy

let me make sure I understand you.. is this after you have excepted this forgiveness then after that you live, say as i do not ever feeling shame or guilt, nor do you ever feel sinful or unworthy as its unproductive and a dsyfunctional use of ones life ....

oh no. another one of those threads.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• truethat

• MissMelsWell

• Shadow_Hill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

let me make sure I understand you.. is this after you have excepted this forgiveness then after that you live, say as i do not ever feeling shame or guilt, nor do you ever feel sinful or unworthy as its unproductive and a dsyfunctional use of ones life ....

Oh, I feel shame and guilt, but not constantly only when it is the appropriate thing to feel. I feel guilt when I do something which is incorrect, improper, or hurtful of someone in some way. But I am no longer sinful... I still sin, but I am not sinful since my sins have been paid for. I feel guilt and/or shame when I sin

So, you don't feel shame or guilt?

well it depends on how one is describing remorse, in my world it would seek to make a win win for all it would not require apologies or sorries or feeling bad or any type of punishment it would be used to gain wisdom and this wisdom would be applied and the mis-intended would not be repeated....Acceptance of responsibilty never means taking a fall, or being punished.... it means creating the behavior desired. and how one intends to do this and does this.............

so you never say your sorry?

Don't worry, I got you Bumble.

()()()

;)

Take those, and she'll make sense in a minute.

well it depends on how one is describing remorse, in my world it would seek to make a win win for all it would not require apologies or sorries or feeling bad or any type of punishment it would be used to gain wisdom and this wisdom would be applied and the mis-intended would not be repeated....Acceptance of responsibilty never means taking a fall, or being punished.... it means creating the behavior desired. and how one intends to do this and does this.............

I sure am glad I don't live in your world.

Edited by texasgirlheather

()()()

;)

Is that a hallucinogenic of some sort? :blink:

Is that a hallucinogenic of some sort? :blink:

Kind of by neccesity..... :tu: I believe it actually opens the portals to the world that Sheri lives in.

Oh, I feel shame and guilt, but not constantly only when it is the appropriate thing to feel. I feel guilt when I do something which is incorrect, improper, or hurtful of someone in some way. But I am no longer sinful... I still sin, but I am not sinful since my sins have been paid for. I feel guilt and/or shame when I sin

no shame or guilt , I do have a conscience and as i posted I seek to create a win win no one needs to tell me nor do I require myself to be guilty or shameful. to self correct.......I also put alot of thought into my actions ahead of time as to produce results that I intend...the last time i actually behaved in a manner that required correction I was at the beach on my beach cruiser and i was not paying as close attention as i should of been and i looked away to talk to my hubby and i ran into a man on his roller blades and knocked him down fortunately in the sand, i jumped off my bike and helped him told him i was not paying attention what could i do to help he was not interested in my help but i still offered and learned a very valuable lesson to pay attention and have applied it...i did not feel bad or shameful of guilty , i was simply not paying attention......

Now my hubby and a few others witnessing felt it was an accident and the man was far more upset than warranted and some felt i should of left him to carry on.... but i didn't feel that would be who i am.....i didn't take it personal either his colorful choice words, i sort of understood...LOL.....

Jesus knows he going to be cruxified.. one of his follower said no need to go to jurusilum if that going to happen. But jesus came and he didn't ran away from the things which has to be happen. Jesus save so many pepole from sin.. he beleived they are doing sin, but still because of love he saved them. Because his mind said it is sin. Now his future planed to repay for this sin. Nothing than his own mind planned everything. We beleive what we do is guilt and and our mind remind us that we done guilt. To remove this shame we need some alter or to satisfy ourself that now the guilt is over we undergoing something.

Edited by =Jak=

()()()

;)

I sure am glad I don't live in your world.

Fair enough texas and for the record i do not take drugs of any kind under any circumstances .... .all the best.....

no shame or guilt , I do have a conscience and as i posted I seek to create a win win no one needs to tell me nor do I require myself to be guilty or shameful. to self correct.......I also put alot of thought into my actions ahead of time as to produce results that I intend...the last time i actually behaved in a manner that required correction I was at the beach on my beach cruiser and i was not paying as close attention as i should of been and i looked away to talk to my hubby and i ran into a man on his roller blades and knocked him down fortunately in the sand, i jumped off my bike and helped him told him i was not paying attention what could i do to help he was not interested in my help but i still offered and learned a very valuable lesson to pay attention and have applied it...i did not feel bad or shameful of guilty , i was simply not paying attention......

Now my hubby and a few others witnessing felt it was an accident and the man was far more upset than warranted and some felt i should of left him to carry on.... but i didn't feel that would be who i am.....i didn't take it personal either his colorful choice words, i sort of understood...LOL.....

If you don't feel remorse when you do something wrong, it is not a win-win, it's just a win. For you. Because you have successfully convinced yourself that you do not owe an apology. It is disturbing for one to not feel remorse when something has occurred that is detrimental to the other person. Remorse should be proportionate to the wrong done, not overblown. But when it's not there, there is a serious problem.

I do not believe for a moment that you never do anything wrong.

Especially since you told us you teach your kids to lie. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...p=1677995

A very serious problem.

OK, so because you were being careless you hit some man and knocked him down, and probably hurt him, and since you tried to correct the situation and learned something you don't feel bad about this? Really?

Do you think it's healthy not to feel sorry for doing something which, even if you did not intend to, hurt someone physically, or emotionally, or psychologically?

I would have been embarrassed, and remorseful/guilty for having injured someone through carelessness. I would not have felt that way forever, but I would certainly have felt so at the time.

How do you hurt someone and not feel badly about it?

()()() I can imagine you do feel shame Texasgirl! Implying someone is on hallucinogens just because they hold to a personal world view, that you disagree with, says a lot about your personal world view of how a christian behaves in a thread, as they example they quite haven't gotten that bit about love thy neighbor as thyself. Because if you loved yourself, you wouldn't think it was christian to make fun of people you can't understand.

You do realize, for all that you say to what you believe being christian means for you, also means that all that you do is scrutinized by others as they read you as you lend your example of what a christian does. ()()()

so you never say your sorry?

i demonstrate or verbalize what I intend to do to create a win win for all to ensure it isnt' repeated....i expect to produce unintended results on occassion and allow myself room for this.....don't you??? LOL

()()() I can imagine you do feel shame Texasgirl! Implying someone is on hallucinogens just because they hold to a personal world view, that you disagree with, says a lot about your personal world view of how a christian behaves in a thread, as they example they quite haven't gotten that bit about love thy neighbor as thyself. Because if you loved yourself, you wouldn't think it was christian to make fun of people you can't understand.

You do realize, for all that you say to what you believe being christian means for you, also means that all that you do is scrutinized by others as they read you as you lend your example of what a christian does. ()()()

Oh I see the big guns have been called in!

Psychopathy is a concept subject to much debate, but is usually defined as a constellation of affective, interpersonal, and behavioral characteristics including egocentricity; impulsivity; irresponsibility; shallow emotions; lack of empathy, guilt, or remorse; pathological lying; manipulativeness; and the persistent violation of social norms and expectations (Cleckley 1976; Hare 1993).

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/TOCONNOR/428/428lect16.htm

Turns out I'm not the only one who disagrees with this "world view."

Loving people does not include being a doormat and agreeing with things that are disturbing.

And I imagine you DO know something about making fun of people!!

Indeed. Well said GW. :tu:

You need to go back and read her post GW, because she never implied that. She was offering "aspirin" to someone, I'm the one that made the crack about hallucinogens, and I was not implying Sheri was on them I was insinuating I needed them to understand her point of view... if you're going to get on your high horse at least do so with the right person.

Texas Girl Heather: Don't worry, I got you Bumble.

()()()

Kind of by neccesity..... I believe it actually opens the portals to the world that Sheri lives in.

I read just fine, thank you

Edited by GoddessWhispers

One needs some type of pain-reliever or something to understand Sheri's world.

OK, so because you were being careless you hit some man and knocked him down, and probably hurt him, and since you tried to correct the situation and learned something you don't feel bad about this? Really?

Do you think it's healthy not to feel sorry for doing something which, even if you did not intend to, hurt someone physically, or emotionally, or psychologically?

I would have been embarrassed, and remorseful/guilty for having injured someone through carelessness. I would not have felt that way forever, but I would certainly have felt so at the time.

How do you hurt someone and not feel badly about it?

son... contrary to your view guilt and shame are not natural states of being they are taught....I felt responsible for the result i produced and corrected it, I inquired about his well being and offered to help in any way i could....

You know Texas i saw that post and with intention felt i would pass on replying and this is why there are all kinds of diversity in this world and california.... times l call upon us to blend other wise we alienate ourselves from others, i have taught my kids that their beleifs are not the only ones ...i have taught them social ettiquete and on this we will have to agree to disagree......

i can't help but inquire are there no social situations that you don't bring your beleifs into ???? I worked for the post office we were told not to bring our beleifs into the job as we serve all diversity and want to remain neutral and certainly not alienate anyone.......In the hair industry also this is not something we do as all people are sharing the human experience maybe its different in Texas....isn't that part of the bible belt ??

i was expressing to shadow how as a nb it is called upon us alot to go with the flow., tolerance requires this alot.....

i understand that in your view you have a definite way you see things but I do not share your view. or concerns...

Edited by Supra Sheri

For someone who's got a ridiculous parody of a faith as her signature, you certainly would be right about being able to imagine shame!

And if mocking my faith consistently and ignorantly is your idea of how an atheist behaves in a thread, then you are clearly exampling that you don't understand a thing about tolerance.

Hmm. Perhaps this is one of those backlashes you're always talking about?

If you loved yourself, you wouldn't think you were a very good atheist to mock and make fun of people YOU can't understand. :hmm:

son... contrary to your view guilt and shame are not natural states of being they are taught....I felt responsible for the result i produced and corrected it, I inquired about his well being and offered to help in any way i could....

You know Texas i saw that post and with intention felt i would pass on replying and this is why there are all kinds of diversity in this world and california.... times l call upon us to blend other wise we alienate ourselves from others, i have taught my kids that their beleifs are not the only ones ...i have taught them social ettiquete and on this we will have to agree to disagree......

i can't help but inquire are there no social situations that you don't bring your beleifs into ???? I worked for the post office we were told not to bring our beleifs into the job as we serve all diversity and want to remain neutral and certainly not alienate anyone.......In the hair indsutry aklso this is not something we do as all people are sharing the human experience maybe its different in Texas....isn't that part of the bible belt ??

i was expressing to shadow how as a nb it is called upon us alot to go with the flow., tolerance requires this alot.....

i understand that in your view you have a definite way you see things but I do not share your view. or concerns...

Yes Sheri, we will definitely agree to disagree about TEACHING KIDS LYING AS SOCIAL ETIQUETTE.

For someone who's got a ridiculous parody of a faith as her signature, you certainly would be right about being able to imagine shame!

And if mocking my faith consistently and ignorantly is your idea of how an atheist behaves in a thread, then you are clearly exampling that you don't understand a thing about tolerance.

Hmm. Perhaps this is one of those backlashes you're always talking about?

If you loved yourself, you wouldn't think you were a very good atheist to mock and make fun of people YOU can't understand. :hmm:

Texas possibly Gw struck close to home???? If there is something in her message that speaks to you then explore it and see if you can apply it if her message has no meaning to you then let it go...

CI who has decided these things ??? I am forgiveness and all is forgiven......We create ways out of being punished would you agree , it seems few find it natural to encourage punishment ...

Sweety pie, are you asking me what makes lying, stealing, slandering, and jealousy wrong? Please don't. I am with you about forgiveness. I believe that forgiveness is a key to peace. however, your trying to say that there's nothing that needs to be forgiven, and that's where I draw the line.

Yes Sheri, we will definitely agree to disagree about TEACHING KIDS LYING AS SOCIAL ETIQUETTE.

Sweety pie, are you asking me what makes lying, stealing, slandering, and jealousy wrong? Please don't. I am with you about forgiveness. I believe that forgiveness is a key to peace. however, your trying to say that there's nothing that needs to be forgiven, and that's where I draw the line.

fair enough CI...You are entitled to your opinon....