Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion and shame

Sherapy

Texas possibly Gw struck close to home???? If there is something in her message that speaks to you then explore it and see if you can apply it if her message has no meaning to you then let it go...

Sheri, possibly something in the average person's need of medicinals to understand your world stuck close to home for YOU and HER and yall should BOTH let it go if it has no meaning for you...

Everyone here has put up with GW's mocking for so long, and whenever something is said about it, it is attempted to be put aside and treated as of no value... I don't think so... You've created a backlash for yourself GW... How do you like that...

Sorry, ladies, go back to the drawing board.

Not putting up with it tonight.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• truethat

• MissMelsWell

• Shadow_Hill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sheri, possibly something in the average person's need of medicinals to understand your world stuck close to home for YOU and HER and yall should BOTH let it go if it has no meaning for you...

Everyone here has put up with GW's mocking for so long, and whenever something is said about it, it is attempted to be put aside and treated as of no value... I don't think so... You've created a backlash for yourself GW... How do you like that...

Sorry, ladies, go back to the drawing board.

Not putting up with it tonight.

perhaps we will let a mod decide :tu:

For someone who's got a ridiculous parody of a faith as her signature, you certainly would be right about being able to imagine shame!

And if mocking my faith consistently and ignorantly is your idea of how an atheist behaves in a thread, then you are clearly exampling that you don't understand a thing about tolerance.

Hmm. Perhaps this is one of those backlashes you're always talking about?

If you loved yourself, you wouldn't think you were a very good atheist to mock and make fun of people YOU can't understand. :hmm:

You lend your example that helps me understand what being a christian means, to you. :)

And that's why the PSP sends it's own message. It's just as easy to believe one shall win one if they simply believe, as it is to believe one shall enter heaven, even as they believe it's ok to imply someone they can't understand is on drugs, and others may need some to better read them too.

Backlash!? Lash away (like I have to tell you that), because I don't have to live what you claim to hold in faith and christ like, as you do. :)

How is it you can not participate in a thread about religion, without usually thinking there's something to be defensive about!? It's unfortunate. But I'm going to stop now. Because I refuse to let this thread be baited by the drama that enters into threads and starts that garbage, because some people are incapable of engaging in adult, respectful conversations. So instead, they bait to hate, and then whine to moderators because the attitude they give, isn't well received. And ultimately, if the thread is closed because the flamers outnumber the decent conversation, they win what they sought in the first place. A thread they don't have to deal with anymore. When maturity would say, if one doesn't like the topic they can simply not enter into the discussion. Because otherwise, flaming attitudes are of the same value as if one said nothing, at all.

Edited by GoddessWhispers

Its interesting that you would start a thread about Shame Sheri, because I have long thought some of the posters on this site are debilitated by shame that was imposed on them as young people about religion.

I have noticed that most of the people that are Christianphobic on this site are people who felt shame as a young person with regard to religion.

Very interesting.

It's like, hey junior, where's your mom?

She's in the bedroom whipping herself because she's married to daddy.

:

Sometimes, that's what I feel like doing after 15 years of marriage to my hubby !!!!!!!

:lol::rofl::w00t::P

You know, come to think of it..........never mind.....lil ones out and about..... :innocent:

You lend your example that helps me understand what being a christian means, to you. :)

And that's why the PSP sends it's own message. It's just as easy to believe one shall win one if they simply believe, as it is to believe one shall enter heaven, even as they believe it's ok to imply someone they can't understand is on drugs, and others may need some to better read them too.

Backlash!? Lash away (like I have to tell you that), because I don't have to live what you claim to hold in faith and christ like, as you do. :)

How is it you can not participate in a thread about religion, without usually thinking there's something to be defensive about!? It's unfortunate. But I'm going to stop now. Because I refuse to let this thread be baited by the drama that enters into threads and starts that garbage, because some people are incapable of engaging in adult, respectful conversations. So instead, they bait to hate, and then whine to moderators because the attitude they give, isn't well received. And ultimately, if the thread is closed because the flamers outnumber the decent conversation, they win what they sought in the first place. A thread they don't have to deal with anymore. When maturity would say, if one doesn't like the topic they can simply not enter into the discussion. Because otherwise, flaming attitudes are of the same value as if one said nothing of value, at all.

Actually I think its increasingly apparent that people who rag on and on about religion have unresolved issues with it..

So I'm not sure who you are talking to in this thread. Yourself perhaps?

How is it you can not participate in a thread about religion, without usually thinking there's something to be defensive about!? It's unfortunate. But I'm going to stop now. Because I refuse to let this thread be baited by the drama that enters into threads and starts that garbage, because some people are incapable of engaging in adult, respectful conversations. So instead, they bait to hate, and then whine to moderators because the attitude they give, isn't well received. And ultimately, if the thread is closed because the flamers outnumber the decent conversation, they win what they sought in the first place. A thread they don't have to deal with anymore. When maturity would say, if one doesn't like the topic they can simply not enter into the discussion. Because otherwise, flaming attitudes are of the same value as if one said nothing of value, at all.

I don't know whom you are referring to but I do not go whining to mods I handle my own business.

And I think you're just mad because you don't have a monopoly on being assertive tonight.

Edited by texasgirlheather

Sometimes, that's what I feel like doing after 15 years of marriage to my hubby !!!!!!!

:lol::rofl::w00t::P

You know, come to think of it..........never mind.....lil ones out and about..... :innocent:

linked-image Whatr ya sayin!? :P:w00t:

Actaully the thread was going fine, Texas, you are responsible for the outcome you intended..there was no reason to flame bait or attack....

i agree with GW if one doesnt like the thread starter don't post here...must we have dramas on every thread????

Actaully the thread was going fine, Texas, you are responsible for the outcome you intended..there was no reason to flame bait or attack....

i agree with GW if one doesnt like the thread starter don't post here...must we have dramas on every thread????

No flame baiting, no attacking, just saying what I feel needs to be said like everyone else.

I'll post where I see fit to post.

Sometimes we don't like getting a taste of our own medicine, do we?

Sorry, had to step away for a while.

OK, Sheri, so guilt and shame are learned, I agree with that. But why have they been taught for millennia? Could it be because without some personal controls we would not know how to be good? How will you be a considerate being if you feel no guilt for the improper things you do?

I think true has provided an interesting insight. Do you think maybe you decided not to feel guilt because at one point you were basically taught to feel guilty for everything and so now you have decided the only thing you can do to get away from that abuse is to tell yourself you don't feel guilty about anything?

()()() I can imagine you do feel shame Texasgirl! Implying someone is on hallucinogens just because they hold to a personal world view, that you disagree with, says a lot about your personal world view of how a christian behaves in a thread, as they example they quite haven't gotten that bit about love thy neighbor as thyself. Because if you loved yourself, you wouldn't think it was christian to make fun of people you can't understand.

You do realize, for all that you say to what you believe being christian means for you, also means that all that you do is scrutinized by others as they read you as you lend your example of what a christian does. ()()()

she was giving the pills to me, not sheri.lol

I am well aware, thank you. :)

Sorry, had to step away for a while.

OK, Sheri, so guilt and shame are learned, I agree with that. But why have they been taught for millennia? Could it be because without some personal controls we would not know how to be good? How will you be a considerate being if you feel no guilt for the improper things you do?

I think true has provided an interesting insight. Do you think maybe you decided not to feel guilt because at one point you were basically taught to feel guilty for everything and so now you have decided the only thing you can do to get away from that abuse is to tell yourself you don't feel guilty about anything?

son, I posted about having a conscience, its a natural part of being human....if left to develop it works very well all by itself...You can't possibly think religion is the only philosophy let alone the most effective its a way but there are many paths to the same path ...

i do agree i understand religion intimately as i expereinced it, Let me help you out here son on one hand you agree that shame and guilt are learned as they are.....i do not partake of guilt or shame as they aren't natural behaviors its not any more profound then that...

I read just fine, thank you

she is telling me to take them and in a little while sheri will make sense to ME.

Bumble there is no point they have decided that I accused Sheri of being on drugs. Obviously the mod didn't agree and now they want to bury it.

By the way if they wear off I've got more if you decide to continue reading.

Edited by texasgirlheather

son, I posted about having a conscience, its a natural part of being human....if left to develop it works very well all by itself...You can't possibly think religion is the only philosophy let alone the most effective its a way but there are many paths to the same path ...

i do agree i understand religion intimately as i expereinced it, Let me help you out here son on one hand you agree that shame and guilt are learned as they are.....i do not partake of guilt or shame as they aren't natural behaviors its not any more profound then that...

But religious people are not the only ones who feel guilt and shame. I think all peoples feel shame and guilt whether religious or not. Did you ever feel guilt or shame?

Edited by IamsSon

Well I got something to say about this.....and it goes like this!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gaoYu6jOoug

Thanks for that clip true..... :tu:

I love Stevie Wonder and he got me rocking in my chair..... :wub: