Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion and shame

Sherapy

bm... read the scenario again.

the question was not if i would ignore it all weekend long, but if I would burst into the room to stop it.

I was being very honest about how I suspect I would react in that scenario based on "best guess" extrapolated from my non-violent nature and track record.

It is easy to say you would burst into the room but unless you are a police officer, member of a military force, or some other profession where you are trained to act in such scenarios, your estimate as to what you would do tends to be less than accurate (the closer the hypothetical scenario is to your past experiences, the more accurate your estimate will be). As I stated before, if you think this is not true, why do you think children are so easily abducted in broad daylight in front of several witnesses?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• truethat

• MissMelsWell

• Shadow_Hill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is stupid to blame religion for all the guilt and shame in the world. But I think it is fair to blame organized religion for about 99.9% of it :yes:

Imagine if one of your lil kids were under a rape attack by a dirty rotten sex offender and you knew someone like him was ignoring it all and walked on by without helping the child...im sure you wouldnt be all --> nah not him, he is a trained health pro...

And this would be happening where?...on the sidewalk in front of Hyper's house?...as he was going out to get his mail?

BLIMEY I cant believe what I am reading here...stop the press :angry:

IAMS is bloddy right

you people are making me sick...how can anyone not intervene if the saw a dirty rotten pedophile about to mess with a child..a DEFENCLESS CHILD WTF????

How can anyone live with themselves??

If I saw some rotten good for nothing sex offender hurting and raping a child...I would go straight over nad beat the living crap out of him...and find something sharp to cut his lil john thomas OFF...thank I wouldnt???

Anyone that could say they would not help..should be ashamed of themselves and ...WAIT ...hyper...you aint a parent..goes to show you..you prolly have no time for kids anyhoo

IAMS way to go mate... :tu:

to think that people looked down at you for SPANKING WTF??? iriony at its freakin best

No one has said that..... Not on this board, they haven't.

and for the record, Pedos need to be exterminated & there is NO rehabilitation for these sickos... just to make sure my opinion is VERY CLEAR! :tu:

Geri, for goodness sake's, I don't believe for one moment that hyper would be so cruel and moronic, as to suggest on a public forum, that he would turn a blind eye to that crime, about to happen a few feet away from him ??

C'mon, that would mean he is a cold hearted, ruthless and despicable human being...... :unsure2:

MUM its not the fact that its hyper ...it could have been anyone in here to make the remark...anyone..and I would have reacted the very same way

If anyone ie hyper makes a remark like that...thats enough to set me off...I dont give a monkies if they are trained chimps lol...or mirical workers in real life....you make a remark like that...dont sit there and expect people not to set off on you

put it this way...y'all know I defend gay rights?? all the time right??

What would you think if you read a post from me that read ----> if i saw a gay person get attacked..I would walk on by...

What would then think??...

A ) - Is this the BM that fights constantly for gays?

B ) - What se says on line, may not be what she would do in real life...can't help but wonder? (well you dont know me personally do ya?)

C) - Prolly..asounds just like her

D) - has to be a typo

For all you know MUM I may well be like that in real life.....dont let certain words fool you

I for one couldnt turn a blind eye to any kid getting attacked....neither could you

Edited by Beckys_Mom

He meant it MUM...

Imagine if one of your lil kids were under a rape attack by a dirty rotten sex offender and you knew someone like him was ignoring it all and walked on by without helping the child...im sure you wouldnt be all --> nah not him, he is a trained health pro...

COBBLERS..a trained CHIMP would freakin help the child

Sis, i know hyper the best here and I'm telling you on my childs life this man would help a child, its very unfair to infer otherwise... Geri you know me very well would i lie to you about this??..

MUM its not the fact that its hyper ...it could have been anyone in here to make the remark...anyone..and I would have reacted the very same way

Well, I agree that we don't know anyone here personally but for someone to admit on here that they would ignore this crime, when they can so easily prevent it, is totally incomprehensible to me........ :(

Edited by MUM24/7

Sis, i know hyper the best here and I'm telling you on my childs life this man would help a child, its very unfair to infer otherwise... Geri you know me very well would i lie to you about this??..

Infer means we are implying something, there is NO implying here, it is what he said.

Well, I agree that we don't know anyone here personally but for someone to admit on here that they would ignore this crime, when they can so easily prevent it, is totally incomprehensible to me........ :(

I think some of you are missing the point.

This should be good.

Ok then...im going to ask him OUTRIGHT SIS...

Hyper if you saw a child under attack would you help them

simple answer either a YES...or a NO

I dont want none of that -- well if I accepted this and that..then yea

I am asking for a straight forward YES or no

would you help the child??

and can you explain what this means below....

QUOTE(Sunni @ May 29 2007, 05:37 PM)

Translation:

You live in the United States of America. There, it is immoral for a man to pull down his pants and attempt to sodomize a small child. Because of this fact, because it is a collective agreement that this particular act IS immoral amongst its members, you would intervene....

Yes?

Hyper - if i entered and accepted that role, yes

WHAT only IF you accepted that role?? :blink: so if you didnt accept the role..you would turn away?? wtf??

I for one cant understand why Sheri would back this up.....its beyond me

Why cant you just give a STRAIGHT forward answer YES OR NO...you beat around the bush too long Hyper...with your -> yea but no but, yea but , no but...get to the point

She asked you a simple question...it didnt require a IF!!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I know...I just imagined if it were my own kid...and I knew someone turned a blind eye...that would make matters worse

Your a mother..and I KNEW you would understand

joc, if you go back and re-read my posts, I have said that I don't believe hyper would ignore this or that he has suggested otherwise.....

This isn’t about whether someone agrees with /disagrees with or would help/or not help in any given situation…the whole hypothetical of being in the same place where a pedophile is sodomizing a boy is absurd. How many of you have EVER encountered that situation…right, I didn’t think so…and yet you want to crucify someone for answering your hypothetical in a way ‘different’ from the way you would answer it. You want to crucify for NOT answering a hypothetical and then when someone does you want to crucify them for the answer…what a hypocritical though process some of you have….

He won't give a yes or no answer based on a hypothetical... that would involve faith. :P

This isn’t about whether someone agrees with /disagrees with or would help/or not help in any given situation…the whole hypothetical of being in the same place where a pedophile is sodomizing a boy is absurd. How many of you have EVER encountered that situation…right, I didn’t think so…and yet you want to crucify someone for answering your hypothetical in a way ‘different’ from the way you would answer it. You want to crucify for NOT answering a hypothetical and then when someone does you want to crucify them for the answer…what a hypocritical though process some of you have….

He was answering in a hypothetical way to sugar coat it..water it down..a way of saying .well if it were really none of my business I wouldnt help

- MORALS..who has them??

And tell me how the heck to you expect anyone to be able to see this kind of thing happen on a daily basis??

When a sex offender snatches a child...he sure as hell not going to sexually assult them in public..is he??

If a man drops his pants in public..will be sure to get a hiding from passers by....I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN

I have seen men get the tar knocked clean out of them for so much a hitting a child in public..............

and here you are trying to tell others they may not intervine???

How do you know??

Infer means we are implying something, there is NO implying here, it is what he said.

he clarified what he meant too on more than one post. .....i also have a 2 year on a daily basis freindship with him and besides him speaking on his own behalf i am telling you too in the event or remote chance this was to ever present itslef in his life you bet he would help a child .....he has no children nor intends too nor is around kids ever.. he lives a very private life....this question is no different then some of the other hypotheticals on here...this is highly unlikely as a pedophile generally isn't broadcasting his actions......what hyper was saying to I beleive is vigilante behavior isn't gonna stop the disease it goes deeper than that ..so it would only be a bandaid not a solution.... he was enlarging the understanding of this situation tackling it from an arena he could be of help at the level of prevention...the level few even address..... I think you may be missing the point Son.....

Well joc, as you and I are typing away on our keyboards at this very moment, somewhere in this world a child is being sodomised and of course we couldn't have possibly stopped it from happening......I think the hypothetical situation put to hyper originally, was more specific than that......

What if it happened in front of you ?? Would you intervene ?? He replied, yes I would.....That answers that, thank you very much..... :)

When a sex offender snatches a child...he sure as hell not going to sexually assult them in public..is he??

Most probably not...then the entire hypothetical is a bit ludicrous wouldn't you say? Which is why many here play that hypo game...gottcha...if you do...and gottcha if you don't... :rolleyes:

It is easy to say you would burst into the room but unless you are a police officer, member of a military force, or some other profession where you are trained to act in such scenarios, your estimate as to what you would do tends to be less than accurate (the closer the hypothetical scenario is to your past experiences, the more accurate your estimate will be). As I stated before, if you think this is not true, why do you think children are so easily abducted in broad daylight in front of several witnesses?

One thing that crosses my mind whenever I read this thread-- Something that disturbes me to no friggin end too-- The amount of biological mothers we see that actually choose the step father/father/bf over their own daughters in cases of accusations of child sexual abuse. IT IS AMAZING FOLKS at how many women do NOT stand by their very own daughters, but choose to believe their husbands/bf over their very own children.

As mothers we declare in protective instinct "I will KILL the SOB!" (As I feel convinced I would do without a second thought) but to KNOW the actual HIGH numbers of women who choose security over the protection/belief of their kids who have said the same thing before...

Look up those stats.. see the numbers it's sickening..

my point is we don't know until we get there, all we can do is ASSUME what we will do until then..& pray we never have to face it.

you do not intimidate me, i do not succumb to fear constructs LOL eggy, i was saying your post is your truth not anyone elses it has no revelance except to you as you do not know me or Doc you can only speak from what you would do...

You and your "constructs". Pull your head out of your makebelieve textbook world. It has every bit as much relevance as any of your ramblings, that's for sure. Succumb to common sense.

He won't give a yes or no answer based on a hypothetical... that would involve faith. :P

Its EASY arty....

Goes like this --> YES I would help

OR

No I wouldnt help

plain and simple

Thats like me asking you hypothedically...

Arty.........your mum is crossing the street...you see a truck coming her way...would you run to help her??

and you saying -- aye well see...if i loved my mom I think I might just do that

NOW what kind of p***y answer is that...its a cut and dry question..would you??????? or wouldnt you????

he clarified what he meant too on more than one post. .....i also have a 2 year on a daily basis freindship with him and besides him speaking on his own behalf i am telling you too in the event or remote chance this was to ever present itslef in his life you bet he would help a child .....he has no children nor intends too nor is around kids ever.. he lives a very private life....this question is no different then some of the other hypotheticals on here...this is highly unlikely as a pedophile generally isn't broadcasting his actions......what hyper was saying to I beleive is vigilante behavior isn't gonna stop the disease it goes deeper than that ..so it would only be a bandaid not a solution.... he was enlarging the understanding of this situation tackling it from an arena he could be of help at the level of prevention...the level few even address..... I think you may be missing the point Son.....

So, because it would be a band aid action, I mean heck, it's only one child when there are so many others suffering, why intervene? Is that it? Why intervene to save one child when so many others are suffering? What crock!

BLIMEY I cant believe what I am reading here...stop the press :angry:

IAMS is bloddy right

you people are making me sick...how can anyone not intervene if the saw a dirty rotten pedophile about to mess with a child..a DEFENCLESS CHILD WTF????

How can anyone live with themselves??

If I saw some rotten good for nothing sex offender hurting and raping a child...I would go straight over nad beat the living crap out of him...and find something sharp to cut his lil john thomas OFF...thank I wouldnt???

Anyone that could say they would not help..should be ashamed of themselves and ...WAIT ...hyper...you aint a parent..goes to show you..you prolly have no time for kids anyhoo

IAMS way to go mate... :tu:

to think that people looked down at you for SPANKING WTF??? iriony at its freakin best

Bingo. Welcome to the "Light" side. Gotta love irony, don't ya?

This also speaks to intellectual elitism. This is the type of mindset that leads to a "there can be no wrong" society, in which people expect a population to self-police, self-correct and "learn through love". When the reality is (and not MY reality either, the WORLDS reality) that there are always those who will not do "the right thing".

Ok then...im going to ask him OUTRIGHT SIS...

Hyper if you saw a child under attack would you help them

simple answer either a YES...or a NO

I dont want none of that -- well if I accepted this and that..then yea

I am asking for a straight forward YES or no

would you help the child??

and can you explain what this means below....

QUOTE(Sunni @ May 29 2007, 05:37 PM)

Translation:

You live in the United States of America. There, it is immoral for a man to pull down his pants and attempt to sodomize a small child. Because of this fact, because it is a collective agreement that this particular act IS immoral amongst its members, you would intervene....

Yes?

Hyper - if i entered and accepted that role, yes

WHAT only IF you accepted that role?? :blink: so if you didnt accept the role..you would turn away?? wtf??

I for one cant understand why Sheri would back this up.....its beyond me

Why cant you just give a STRAIGHT forward answer YES OR NO...you beat around the bush too long Hyper...with your -> yea but no but, yea but , no but...get to the point

She asked you a simple question...it didnt require a IF!!

he did answer this he said yes... sis he has the right to be who he is too and answer who he feels is best for the situation.... In all fairness he has answered more than once in many ways...

sis, he is right too a kid can get abdcuted right under your nose it has happened in my neighborhood to our neighbor kid( it turned out to be her Dad) ..no one saw anything... as much as we would like to be heros and I am no exception.... until the situation presents itself we just don't know. and I hope like hell it never does to any child.... i went to school with a peodophile noone knew he was one until it was too late.. i grew up with this guy ...It was the saddest thing.....