Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion and shame

Sherapy

CI these are the common myths held by christianity its no surprise that all of you can't fathom a life beyond guilt or shame...

You have a conscience that will let you know if you have produced an intended result... what a trip so many think you must feel shame or guilt LOL...i didn't beleive it but again I have much to learn....LOL...

anyhoo thanks all for sharing in the discussion... Its been enlightening......

how have you been enlightened? What have you learned? I have a conscience that will let me know if I have done wrong to another being. You act like you have listened, you act like you have learned, and yet you go on to other threads, and say the same things. Over, and over...it's almost like I can predict what you say. You end a debate that you've lost with saying "It's been a great learning experience" or "enlightened" or "understanding" or "peace." Why do children obey their parents? Because they feel guilt. Even a baby. If you say "Don't touch the stove" and the child says "Ok mommy" , after that the child will attempt to touch the stove, and while trying to do so they will make sure your not watching. And it's because of guilt. Guilt is necessary (like fear) for our protection. it's human instinct. When someone looks over the side of a cliff that goes down a far way, they get a tingling saying "Be careful" because it's for their protection. When one takes a gun to go and murder, before hand they contemplate because guilt protects them and others. The only people who don't do this are the Sociopaths and the Insane...take your pick.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• truethat

• MissMelsWell

• Shadow_Hill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually that would explain alot about Sheri and GW because sometimes you guys come across as very cold people.

Perhaps you are just posting without any sort of conscience so it comes across that way.

But ya make us think! So that's always a good thing.

describe god given conscience.

what my conscience and god are fine with are different than yours . you can't slap your conscience of what god thinks on others because each has their own idea.

My God given conscience says god made gay people exactly as they are and wants them to be happy. Yours may not. My God given conscience says that god doesn't subscribe to one religion or belief. Yours may not. My God given conscience says killing/murder for reasons other than self defense ( and Iraq isn't about self defense) is wrong. period. Yours may not. Some believe killing/murder in any context is wrong and goes against their God given conscience.

that is where the problem lies. when one tries to dictate what God given means.

The conscience can be tailored to suit. What it is being tailored to is the problem.

Actually that would explain alot about Sheri and GW because sometimes you guys come across as very cold people.

Perhaps you are just posting without any sort of conscience so it comes across that way.

But ya make us think! So that's always a good thing.

True, I love your posts, and I love you (in the Christ-like way), please keep posting...your posts make me smile. :)

QUOTE(Child-Of-Israel @ May 18 2007, 08:06 PM)

People who do not feel guilt are a danger to society. It means you are devoid of any natural instinct that will alert you that you are doing wrong. It causes a callous lack of compassion, empathy, kindness, and love. Guilt is necessary because it let's you know when you may have stepped over the line. If you've "taught" yourself not to feel guilt than you've learned how to be less than human.

AMEN!.

yet people who have done incredible heinous things have felt guilt and shame - like Jeffery Dahmer. I watched an interview with him and his dad. He felt incredible guilt and shame yet that didn't stop him. he was thankful to be arrested. Guilt or shame for some isn't enough to stop their actions unfortunately.

yet people who have done incredible heinous things have felt guilt and shame - like Jeffery Dahmer. I watched an interview with him and his dad. He felt incredible guilt and shame yet that didn't stop him. he was thankful to be arrested. Guilt or shame for some isn't enough to stop their actions unfortunately.

If the actions happen, and the person feels guilty and is sorry than I forgive them out of love and understanding. If the actions happen, and the person doesn't feel guilty and isn't sorry than I forgive them out of Christly obligation. We can't stop the actions, because you have no reason to feel guilty about something you've yet to do. However, if you feel guilty afterwards, we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

linked-image Whatr ya sayin!? :P:w00t:

:lol:

I love that little whippy one Goddess :tu: .....Where do you get them from ??

I only post for people who love me in the Sting Tantric sex like way.....but for you I'll make an exception!

:innocent:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WBcdm0aCIeE

I could learn, but I am 15 it might not be legal....besides what is Sting Tantric Sex?

I love that little whippy one Goddess thumbsup.gif .....Where do you get them from ??

I have a bunch on my forum (General Earth). If you'd like I could upload some as an attachment...

linked-image

^^^there are more

post-52646-1179545606.gif

post-52646-1179545614.gif

post-52646-1179545620.gif

post-52646-1179545627.gif

post-52646-1179545634.gif

post-52646-1179545639.gif

post-52646-1179545645.gif

post-52646-1179545652.gif

post-52646-1179545658.gif

post-52646-1179545674.gif

post-52646-1179545692.gif

post-52646-1179545698.gif

post-52646-1179545704.gif

post-52646-1179545711.gif

Edited by Child-Of-Israel

OH sorry about that. Go do your homework and be good and never ever think about sex until you are 30.

yeah, right

If the actions happen, and the person feels guilty and is sorry than I forgive them out of love and understanding. If the actions happen, and the person doesn't feel guilty and isn't sorry than I forgive them out of Christly obligation. We can't stop the actions, because you have no reason to feel guilty about something you've yet to do. However, if you feel guilty afterwards, we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

wouldn't you be concerned the action be corrected and not repeated???? this is how a clear unmuddled conscience works, it rarely repeats the same things over and and over....its not guilt that corrects the behavior or shame its the willingness to except responsibility for the outcomes one intends.....your conscience should alert you to correct the situation pronto....not wallow in self pity .....

I could learn, but I am 15 it might not be legal....besides what is Sting Tantric Sex?

dont feel bad, i am 56 and i dont know what it is.

The conscience can be tailored to suit. What it is being tailored to is the problem.

but who decides it's a 'problem' ? You ? the bible? where slavery is fine? where women are treated less than equal ? the condemnation of gays ?

yet in the bible there are stories where God blesses homosexuals.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bmar.htm#rut

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bmar.htm#dav

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bmar.htm#dan

What makes you think it isn't the bible being/has been tailored to suit what society thinks or erronously believes instead of it being Gods 'word' ?

wouldn't you be concerned the action be corrected and not repeated???? this is how a clear unmuddled conscience works, it rarely repeats the same things over and and over....its not guilt that corrects the behavior or shame its the willingness to except responsibility for the outcomes one intends.....your conscience should alert you to correct the situation pronto....not wallow in self pity .....

Deary I said that. The situation should be corrected and ensured not to happen again.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go enjoy a wonderful Southern Style Dinner cooked by my mother. I will be back in...an hour at the least...

Deary I said that. The situation should be corrected and ensured not to happen again.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go enjoy a wonderful Southern Style Dinner cooked by my mother. I will be back in...an hour at the least...

Yeah, enjoy the dinner, buddy.... and try NOT to think about the kinky stuff true was telling you about! ;)

many religious ideas permeate society...no son all people don't feel shame and guilt you may think this as you see through your religion so you assume if you do all must..... these are taught behaviors....

Gw , shadow, hyper, myself do not feel guilt or shame..many have an awareness that its not natural but don't know how to undo it....I don't experince guilt or shame .....

Okay...I can't let this one go...no guilt or shame, keep in mind I don't believe in God...that is HUMANITY and TRUE caring!

Ummmm... wow, this is one of the WEIRDEST threads I've ever read.

Sheri, you say you have a conscience, that just means awareness... there's the other part of that word that means you felt badly about something you did... that's GUILTY conscience.

People who never expereince guilty conscious are looked upon as possibly being psychopaths! Man, you learn that Psych 101!

So this MUST not be what you mean... why don't you try explaining how you can NEVER feel guilty.

I mean come on... if I backed out of my driveway and accidentally ran over the neighbor kid because I couldn't see him... I sure as hell wouldn't throw my hands up and say "Gee, these things happen. When's the funeral!?!" I'd be thrown into Western State Mental Hospital!

Lt Ripley I LOVE that video. It makes me cry every time I see it. Thanks for posting it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3e8axs6kgE

makes me cry too - that 's what I'm doing now. try as I may I can never get past the adopt a granny part. probably because I care for mine in my home - she's 91. abuse and neglect of the elderly is one that burns me up to no end.