Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do You Believe in a Higher Power?

irish_princess

It's simple give me your take do you think there's a higher power & tell me your beliefs if you want?

personaly for me I'm a logical thinking person I only believe what I see with my own two eye's.If I don't then I refuse to believe.I'v dealt with evil things so I know there's evil out there that I need to rid the world of & I do it everyday even if I don't want too :innocent:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Jor-el

• Mattshark

• glorybebe

HMMMMMMMMMM you should have made a poll. Anyway, yes I do believe in God. It's always important to keep an open mind.

It's simple give me your take do you think there's a higher power & tell me your beliefs if you want?

I believe in a Creator. If you want to read more about what I believe there's an entry in my blog here ... I'm in a lazy mood and can't be bothered to type it all out. :sleepy:

Yes, I believe there is a higher power.

It's simple give me your take do you think there's a higher power

yes I believe that there is a higher power..

Not just a higher power, but a Supreme Creator of the universe, one who can be called God.

personaly for me I'm a logical thinking person I only believe what I see with my own two eye's.

Why? There are plenty of things that cant be seen by our eyes...

And what if you lose an eye? Will you then disbelieve everything?

Not just a higher power, but a Supreme Creator of the universe, one who can be called God.

I believe in a higher power, but not God. Nature, not just of this Earth, the whole Universe is my higher power.

HMMMMMMMMMM you should have made a poll. Anyway, yes I do believe in God. It's always important to keep an open mind.

Hi Lonely; I agree. I believe in God, but feel it's so important to keep an open mind, as new things about our origins and the universe are being uncovered as time goes on.

linked-image

personaly for me I'm a logical thinking person I only believe what I see with my own two eye's.If I don't then I refuse to believe.I'v dealt with evil things so I know there's evil out there that I need to rid the world of & I do it everyday even if I don't want too :innocent:

Absolutely!

One of the main reason's I believe in a higher power is because of the absence of transitional species in the fossil record. If Darwin's theory is correct there should be a superabundance of transitional species in the fossil record...there are none.

http://www.alternativescience.com/shatteri...f-darwinism.htm

One of the main reason's I believe in a higher power is because of the absence of transitional species in the fossil record. If Darwin's theory is correct there should be a superabundance of transitional species in the fossil record...there are none.

*Sigh*

You really have no clue what a "trasitional species" is, do you? I'd debate with you, but I really dont feel like debating against a website, because I'm quite sure all you'll do is copy and paste text from some website with a name similar to "www.darwinism-is-crap.com" and claim it to be fact, and unfortunately you wont learn a single thing from my effort.

Let me ask you, what evidence do you have of a higher power?

An omnipotent sentient being (or beings) that created or manages the universe? Absolutely not.

An unintelligent, abstract force that surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the universe together? Possibly.

An omnipotent sentient being (or beings) that created or manages the universe? Absolutely not.

An unintelligent, abstract force that surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the universe together? Possibly.

Awesome way of putting it! :tu:

I believe in a higher power, but not God. Nature, not just of this Earth, the whole Universe is my higher power.

I could simply say that you are wrong but that wouldn't get us anywhere.

Each of us must seek truth for ourselves and then live by that truth. The truth I arrived at, allows me to take that extra step and come to the conclusion that we aren't dealing merely with a higher power but with a Being of ultimate power and intelligence.

*Sigh*

You really have no clue what a "trasitional species" is, do you? I'd debate with you, but I really dont feel like debating against a website, because I'm quite sure all you'll do is copy and paste text from some website with a name similar to "www.darwinism-is-crap.com" and claim it to be fact, and unfortunately you wont learn a single thing from my effort.

First off, before I answer your question, you need to understand that new strains are not new species. There is absolutely zero evidence for macroevolution in the fossil record.

In regard's to evidence for a higher power? The fossil record.

"The only evidence I need for the existence of a higher power is to look at a beautiful woman."

~ Blake

Hi Lonely; I agree. I believe in God, but feel it's so important to keep an open mind, as new things about our origins and the universe are being uncovered as time goes on.

linked-image

Yup but I doubt they're ever going to find anything related to God.

wow you guys are really into dabating aren't u

Edited by irish_princess

Awesome way of putting it! :tu:

You didn't see Star Wars, did you?

I would say that those words are quoted verbatim...

Interesting though, the force in Star Wars is almost what is being discussed indirectly by many of the "higher power" advocates, as long as that force doesn't have a will of it's own, you are all ok with the concept.

I could simply say that you are wrong but that wouldn't get us anywhere.

You're right it wouldn't get us anywhere, because I believe what I believe, you can believe what you believe. this discussion was started for us to say what we believe in, and I did.

Each of us must seek truth for ourselves and then live by that truth. The truth I arrived at, allows me to take that extra step and come to the conclusion that we aren't dealing merely with a higher power but with a Being of ultimate power and intelligence.

Good for you. I've seen things that bring me to MY truths and my opinion is what I will base my life on.

I think we should just agree that our opinions differ.

*Sigh*

What evidence of a higher power would make you reconsider your current ideas?

Wasn't exactly verbatim father of Kal-El. ;) It was however the most concise way to describe the greater possibility (IMO) without resorting to mysticism and metaphysics.

Wasn't exactly verbatim father of Kal-El. ;) It was however the most concise way to describe the greater possibility (IMO) without resorting to mysticism and metaphysics.

Yeah, ok. But the most concise way of putting it was used by Obi-Wan Kenobi, and he was pushing a faith of his own. Do you know that there are real actual to goodness followers of the "Force"?