Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biggest ever wild hog caught

E.B.E.

linked-image

But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50- caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation of doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast with 5- inch tusks decided to charge.

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, which was recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder, who didn't witness the weigh-in, said he was baffled to hear the reported weight of 1,051 pounds because his scale—an old, manual style with sliding weights—only measures to the nearest 10.

"I didn't quite understand that," he said.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 1,050-pound mark, and he thought it meant a weight of 1,051 pounds.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

Link

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoGoGodzilla

• ASOP

• nativechick1989

• mentalman

Top Posters In This Topic

There's already like three threads on this one.

But still damn, the ribs on that thing. *drools*

So where are these massive tusks?

GOOD BOY *dripping with sarcasm*... KILLED A DEER AT 5 YEARS OF AGE. This is a family that can afford to hire two trackers, they cannot even claim that the the things they shoot are out of necessity.

well i for one am glad to see that hunting is still a sport..nothing like the challenge of pointing a gun and pulling the trigger at a scared and clueless animal ;)

how much longer do i need to wait before they pit hunters up against each other in a confined wooded area and broadcast it on public television?

This is why I hope Big Foot is never found.. I'd like to shoot that kid down.. His ass is as big as the Hog.. Then I can take my picture over his dead body..

scared and clueless ? have you ever encountered a wild hog ? i've seen those things tear dogs in two , those types of hogs are not a native species --there domestic hogs that have gone wild .

That's a big PIG! I think it's bigger then a car tire. O_o I would be so scared if I saw something like that. Actually I would be screaming until my throat started to hurt.

That's a big PIG! I think it's bigger then a car tire. O_o I would be so scared if I saw something like that. Actually I would be screaming until my throat started to hurt.

Why does half of it look grey and the other half is a good brown color? The actual hog is somewhat blurrier than the rest of the picture.

And if this is real, it's pathetic. Although wild hogs can be dangerous, you shouldn't have a right to kill it unless it attacks you.

And who the hell lets a kid kill a deer at the age of 5? And HOW did a 5 year old get close enough to a deer to shoot it...and how does a 5 year old take the withdraw from a gunshot? I've a sneaking suspicion that they're stupid lying rednecks.

Also it was apparently kept at a commercial hunting reserve which means the pig was probably no problem. People like to lie even when it's covered by the media. Even an 11 year old prick, err...fat kid, err...redneck...errr...future serial killer...err...I'll stop now, can lie. No one can verify that he ran for 3 hours. No one can verify that the pig didn't die before it was shot...unless they're sending it to get an autopsy. He said he killed it point blank. That thing would have crushed him even if he shot it in its head. I have a hard time believing this 11 year old can keep his wits about him when a 1000 pound hog is standing right in front of him...even if he has a gun.

i would have to agree the the pig doesn't match up with rest of the picture but who knows..it could be real...Anyone find ANY other pics besides this one?

scared and clueless ? have you ever encountered a wild hog ? i've seen those things tear dogs in two , those types of hogs are not a native species --there domestic hogs that have gone wild .

ironically the article states that the wild hog was running away for it's life, and tracked for hours. so, poof.

Damn...thats a huge hog....wouldn't want to see that thing charging at me :o

i saw that on the news , i hate that kid!

I dont know why the title states caught, it was hardly captured :P

That is an unreal sized hog.

Edited by recon_soldier

the kid looks like a tool but thats an impressive size hog... id hate the run into that without a gun.

Why did that punk have to kill it? It was running for it's life away from the little sh*! head. I hate people I mean why kill something so rare? What parents with a normal brain lets a kid 5 years old fire a gun?!

Sorry, but I am not going to side with the anti-hunting establishment here. I applaud the kid. There is an abundance of wild hogs and that is why they are legal to hunt year round. More wildlife starves in the winter than what hunters take. This is why we have Game management. The money derived from legal hunting actually helps our wildlife habitats to continue to thrive.

I'm not against hunting I think that if people are going to hunt and use the animal for food then that's fine. But I was saying this hog was so rare (huge) that why kill it there are more hogs,deer what ever out there to hunt.

i would have to agree the the pig doesn't match up with rest of the picture but who knows..it could be real...Anyone find ANY other pics besides this one?

Of course it doesn't match up with the picture, it's a 1000+ pound hog....

Edited by Pyro Pony

I'm not against hunting I think that if people are going to hunt and use the animal for food then that's fine. But I was saying this hog was so rare (huge) that why kill it there are more hogs,deer what ever out there to hunt.

They eat up the food of the normal animals in the area.

I take this story with a grain of salt. Not all that long ago I watched a show on tv about a hog like this. Turn out to all be an urban legend, Hogzilla. I'm not saying that this is the case, but I'll wait til it's proven. Pictures don't do it any more.

Yes, wild boars can be dangerous/deadly. Don't meet an angry or one with little ones in a dark alley. :ph34r:

i'm being kind of hypocritical, as i eat meat..and i enjoy it..but there's really no reason to kill the "biggest ever wild hog" for sport and entertainment. this family was obviously not hunting to "save money" on food, because that kid looks like he's twice as wide as i was tall at his age.

also, if i had tusks, i'm sure i'd try to gut you with them too if you met me in a "dark alley" with a gun.

Edited by 1dominick1