Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead Man Walking

peacelover

i only did read the first 2 pages and this one

I have some remarks

1. You did stated Pete didn't have a bankaccount or creditcards

2. Did anyone see him after he collected the money? because ... why did he left the money at the house?

3.WHo said he collected 600dollar? it's not because there is 600dollar one his desk, he collected 600dollar that night in some bars ... and 600dollar...by begging in bars ... having my doubts bout that

4.If there are 2 Petes, and the other pete was in the military, and your pete wasn't ... how could the Viet-veteran could have recognised your pete?

this also takes away the possibility for pete being a identity-frauder ... how could the veteran could have recognised the 'new' Pete, when he only knew the 'old' pete (or did he recognised him by his name?)

but it looks like some witness protection , or he was some kind of secret agent

don't search to hard ... you'll only get your self and your fim in troubles !

He'll prolly return

Dear peacelover:

your kids are peruvian? hell yeah! best country in the world, i'd say!

Now, to the real thing: You said that Ron said when he talked to you that when he was still in the army he had heard rumors that stated that Pieter had dissapeared/ran away from the army. Isn't that weird? I mean, maybe he ran away cause something happened and that's why he tried to change his life and go live somewhere else, and then when he dissapeared while he was you it could have been because of two things: a) either he got found out by the military people searching for him and they took him away somewhere, or 2) he realized they were going to get him so he decided to run away.

• 2 weeks later...

He is an alien. Beamed down to gauge human reaction when one close to them vanishes in a conspicuous manner.

Or perhaps he is a demon, eating away at your soul in it's weakened state.

Fake threads deserve fake responses.

Peacelover,

My condolences. My only thought that comes to mind is Witness Protection. Maybe he's in now or was previously. But feeling is that he is in their right now and unfortunately he feels it be safer for you and his daughter if you didn't know anymore. His calls to you are reassurance that he still is alive and watching over you. Sucks... but like i said.. might be the best thing for all of you for other safety reasons unknown.

Best of luck

That's the first thing that came to my mind. Why else would no one show proof of his "death"? He probably isn't, but would be if certain other people knew that.

I wonder if peacelover has found out anything else?

i think the right hand of... is going somewhere with this topic, he could be a demon or a alien who took the real ''pete'' and posed as him .Or as you know demons can change their from to a animal, to a human.so it could be anything :ph34r:

i think the right hand of... is going somewhere with this topic, he could be a demon or a alien who took the real ''pete'' and posed as him .Or as you know demons can change their from to a animal, to a human.so it could be anything :ph34r:

Unless your being sarcastic I was just kidding. Although sure it could be a possibility.

I was basically saying that this topic is a hoax, as it has many changed 'facts'.

:no: so has peacelover disappeared too?

there are indeed many unexplainable questions in this story. and how come peacelover has never entertained this question as to how can her colleague's spouse ron mistaken her pieter for another pieter when they dont look alike at all. so strange! :ph34r:

but i still hope pieter does come back. so the whole mystery can be uncovered.

• 2 months later...

I have been reading this post for a lil while now. I'm currently on page 3. I was wondering, if this lady is being watched and her phone is tapped, could they watch her through her computer too? Like see what she is typing and stuff?

I actually sat and read through this whole thing. Wow. I need a life. Anyway...*clears throat*

Peacelover's posts were very confusing. :blink: Either it was fake, or she was hiding details that would put her in danger. We all know the government would take her out if they needed to. :no:

As for Pete, I also have to say it sounds like Witness Protection. Or the government killed him and staged his death. I am very creeped out. :ph34r:

Sounds most odd.

:offtopic:

I wish to heck people would employ paragraph spacing, surely a not unknown method, to make their writing easier to cope with!!!

Sounds most odd.

:offtopic:

I wish to heck people would employ paragraph spacing, surely a not unknown method, to make their writing easier to cope with!!!

Oh yes. And capitalization. And correct spelling and punctuation. That would make me so happy.

• 2 weeks later...

super fake....if for any reason he had to "disapeer" why would he hang around in the same city he lived in? Also if the dudes car was outside the house, dont you think she would sit and watch it untill someone got in it and drove away? I honestly think it is an author testing the story. Any books come out lately, that resemble this?

Peacelover hasn't returned because her story was false. Plain and Simple.

Agreed, I think she was just testing you guys.

Edited by strangebutsmart

same here with a fake,you could do that just to test it out and just to see if there was some hole in it.If there was you could just not come back for a long time and just to be safe i would get a new name on this place to.lol not a bad story to :D

Agreed, I think she was just testing you guys.

If that's true then that was a looooooooooong test. :P

No death certificate? Does that mean you could file a missing persons report or call the police?

Anyway I read about half of your original post because it was long. When I got to the part about the authorities or whoever it was checking Pete's military records to identify him it reminded me of this episode of the Unsolved Mysteries TV series. This guy went to Vietnam and apparently the government told his family and parents that he had been killed in action. The parents said that they kept seeing their son in public and that he even would call them I think but would hang up. This was all after the military said that their son was dead. Well eventually the parents of the man suppossedly killed kept questioning military authorities about what really happened to their son. The funny thing is the government actually tapped the phones of the parents and tried to make them stop questioning about what happened to their son. It was speculated by the parents that their son was in some top secret military project or special ops assignment and for some reason could not return from Vietnam to live with his family. True Story.

I don't know if this has any relevance to your situation but I found it odd that they initially said that they confirmed Pete's identity through military records even though he didnt serve in the military. My deepest condolences go out to you and your family for the loss of a loved one. God bless you and your family.

• 1 month later...

I live in Muscatine, by Isley Hill and Junction. If Peace would like for me to go to the library and pull up the story about this car being found over the side of the hill I am sure I could do it for her. Apart from that I would not waste my time. I remember the incident and do not recall the name being Pete or there being any mystery surrounding what happened. Basicly a story fabricated from a few truths.

Welcome to UM boash22! With this thread starting back in 2003 and the fact that she stopped posting, I doubt you will hear from her. That is so nice of you to offer to help. Need more of that in this world. Hope you enjoy postings and find a lot of interesting subjects to read. See you around! :tu: