Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My speech on mythological creatures

Swbf2

well this is my speech i did for school ( grade 7) and dunno if this is wright fourm , but seems most appopiate since its about creatures. enjoy

( only got 78% on it though, needed to look up more...)

If Only Mythological Creatures were real/discovered?

Hello my name is -------- and im presenting my speech today about what if mythological creatures were real/discovered. Now there are a lot of mythological creatures out there , some are basically same thing but with different habits/traits. But today I’m focusing in on 3 of the millions of mythological creatures: Bigfoot/Sasquatch , the megalodon and the dragon. Some of you may have heard of these and may think they don’t exist, I will now go into depth on these 3 creatures and you can decide if you think they exist for yourself.

Okay first up is Bigfoot, Big foot is a name give too him for his large feet ( show pic). His real name is Sasquatch which is Indian for Wild Man. The first time he was officially seen/heard of was when the English came to north carolina. There used to be an Island called Roanoke Island but it has since washed away, and this is the mystery of it. Sir Richard Grenville had established a colony on the island , he then went back to England to get more supplies, when he got there the war with Spain was in full swing , so they couldn’t help him for 8 months. When he got back to Roanoke Island he found the colony deserted and with a perimeter of fallen trees around it and in one tree its bark had been stripped away and carved in it was a single word and it read “Croatoan” which was the Island the Richard had landed on the night before. They searched the whole Island and only found one colonist who would say nothing but two words: “colony” and “wildmen”. Nobody knows if the colony moved to Croatoan Island or if the “Wildmen” attacked.

Next up is the megalodon, it is basically a GIANT great white shark. Scientist estimate it could grow up to 52 feet! This is it compared to a fishing boat ( show pic). This thing was supposed to die out with the dinos , but about 20 years ago Japanese scientist sent a special camera that was designed to withstand lots of pressure into marina trench, which is the deepest part of the world. And when it was half way down it caught on film what seemed to be a 40ft great white shark. Now people say it’s impossible , the megalodon is extinct, but they also said the coelacanth was extinct but it was found in 1938 in the South Africa ocean, so the megalodon could also exist.

Okay last but not least is the dragon, it’s basically a dinosaur with wings and the ability to breathe fire. Now it’s physically impossible for a “dragon” to fly. But it is also physically impossible for the bumble bee and the bird to fly, but they have a trick to it. A bumble bee doesn’t have bones , it has an exoskeleton and a bird has hollow bones.

So what’s the trick with the dragon ? A theory is that their bones are made up of cartilage. Cartilage is lightweight and more flexible then bone AND it also decomposes MUCH faster then bone, it can decompose in aleast a couple of months! Which would explain why no bones are ever found of a dragon.

And how they breath fire is simple, there are a lot of chemicals in this world and if you mix the wright ones together they explode! So all a dragon need s are two glens in the back of the throught like a snake that spit two different chemical and “BAM” they mix and you have natural napalm. So yet with all these things scientist still say “ they don’t exist”.

Scientist have said a lot of things don’t exist, they said that about the platypus when they saw it on film they cried “hoax!” or “fake!” , but it actually existed so could these exist also?

That’s the end of my speech and I hoped you enjoyed it.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thunderbolt

• Marvy

• capoeiranger

• Rosenrot

Don't worry, you posted this in the correct place.

The most intersting thing in your presentation was about the Sasquatch and the Lost Roanoke Colony. I had never heard that story before. Do you have any more info on it?

i think the "wildmen" were really just the Native Americans

Don't worry, you posted this in the correct place.

The most intersting thing in your presentation was about the Sasquatch and the Lost Roanoke Colony. I had never heard that story before. Do you have any more info on it?

Yes, I had never seen that connection, either. I would also like to know more about the video of the 40 ft shark. Where did you get your info?

Yes, I had never seen that connection, either. I would also like to know more about the video of the 40 ft shark. Where did you get your info?

I can get that video for ya.

That story about "Croation" is famous! But still no one knows exactly where they went...

Just ask and I'll get de vid for ya

Here is a topic that was started about the possible Megalodon in the Mariana trench: Click Here.

And I think you may be talking about this video clip:

. That one has been discussed quite a few times on here and I think everyone came to the conclusion it was some kind of basking shark.

But, maybe I am wrong and you have another video clip to show us? That would be cool.

Have a nice day! ^_^

Lorelei

Edited by Lorelei

That story about "Croation" is famous! But still no one knows exactly where they went...

I know about the missing Roanoke Island Colony; I grew up with that story and even have a few theories myself as to what happened to them. But I had never heard about finding one lone survivor talking about "wild men"... It would be a very intersting connection. I mean, there have been a few stories about Sasquatch interacting negativly with humans. There was one tale about a group on hunters that had thier cabin pelted with stones by what was believed to be Sasquatch in the American Midwest. And a few others which I can't remember right now. This story of Sasquatch and the Lost Roanoke Colony would be interesting if more information could be uncovered.

Well, you give a pretty good speech. Work on your public speaking skill and you'll be dissing Obama and Hillary real soon!

Well, you give a pretty good speech. Work on your public speaking skill and you'll be dissing Obama and Hillary real soon!

dude..

dont be a broken record

broken recored

broken recored

recored

recored

recored

Dont forget to mention unexplained mysteries.com on your speech :)

:tu:

can you give link to Lost Roanoke Colony stories ? very interesting!

and link to 40ft shark pls...

And don't forget to mention that all the kool kids are here, and we're not joking!

And don't forget to mention that all the kool kids are here, and we're not joking!

I LOL'ed :D but thats true... nuff said