Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Investigating The Sallie house this Weekend

Lolipopkid

I have seen a couple of you post on the Sallie house, has anyone ever done an investigation there? I am scheduled to do one this up coming weekend and am very much looking forward to it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lolipopkid

• JustNormal

• Veliska

• Regency

Welcome to UM! Love reading about that experience. Hope you have great success this weekend. Didn't know they were allowing people in to do investigations. Please keep us updated.

I have seen a couple of you post on the Sallie house, has anyone ever done an investigation there? I am scheduled to do one this up coming weekend and am very much looking forward to it.
I am not familiar with the "Sallie House" .....is it the site af an alleged disturbance?......and old abandoned houses are usually haunted by alot more that ghosts btw ....the living are much more dangerous than the dead remember!.......B

edit:googler...

The photo at the right is alleged to be that of "Sallie", the famed "Heartland Ghost" who appeared on the television show Sightings in the mid-1990's. The location of the house was long kept secret by the program... but we know today that it is in Atchison, Kansas.

Photo copyrighted by Sightings

linked-image

http://www.prairieghosts.com/sallie.html

halfhandshuffle:barek VS greenday 94

Edited by Barek Halfhand

I've heard the story about Sallies house, don't really know much about it though. I thought the story was very sad, and it's interesting about the other ghosts that are supposed to haunt the house, as well as Sallie. The house is in a town that's meant to one of the most haunted in America, isn't it? I'm sure theres lots more places worth investigating there too.

Looking forward to hearing about how your invesigation goes.

Yes it is sad when a child is haunting a place. I'm not sure if it's possible to do or not but aren't you supposed to be able to "see them to the other side" - cross them over. Also, isn't the other ghost who is supposed to be with Sallie a malevolent one that she's afraid of? :(

WOW That is my favorite "ghost" story I would love to go there..What will be investigated the same house or land?

Yes it is sad when a child is haunting a place. I'm not sure if it's possible to do or not but aren't you supposed to be able to "see them to the other side" - cross them over. Also, isn't the other ghost who is supposed to be with Sallie a malevolent one that she's afraid of? :(

The other one who was the violent one, turned out to be Sallie's Mother. The people who live there now outright deny any paranormal activity. A doctor lived in that home, and little Sallie died in the house. Sallie never left the house, so when people moved in, Sallie had fun with them, but if they didnt pay enough attention to Sallie that is when Mom would attack. Sallie is not afraid of her mother, but any resident should be.

The other one who was the violent one, turned out to be Sallie's Mother. The people who live there now outright deny any paranormal activity. A doctor lived in that home, and little Sallie died in the house. Sallie never left the house, so when people moved in, Sallie had fun with them, but if they didnt pay enough attention to Sallie that is when Mom would attack. Sallie is not afraid of her mother, but any resident should be.

I didn't know that JN - well I'm glad to hear it anyway, at least she's with her Mum. I always thought she was trapped there with some monster.

I'm watching the youtube episodes now...part 4 features the attack on medium Peter James that almost knocks him down ....then scratches Tonys' back....pretty violent entity....B

according to Peter James:

"the woman was a servant and a mistress to the owner of the house.... sallie was their 7 year old daughter ....sallie contracted pnemonia".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlLy4DVsY0A...ted&search=

Edited by Barek Halfhand

I didn't know that JN - well I'm glad to hear it anyway, at least she's with her Mum. I always thought she was trapped there with some monster.

No Actually Sallie is happy as a clam, but when the couple that lived there had a baby, Sallie became the protector of the child. The husband was sick of his wife paying so much attention to Sallie, buying her toys and givin her the space she needed to play. But as husband/daddy became annoyed with all of Sallie's antics, it was Mom who began to attack him viciously, causing scratches that were very deep and would bleed. That part was on the news years ago when it took place. But many of the pics they took showed a very dark, entiity and everything escalated from there..It was actually Peter James that came in and tried to resolve the problems, but the family moved out, and Sallie remained. The recent owners were just interviewed like a month ago, but the woman refused to let investigators go into certain rooms, and denied any activity, but she seemed a bit strange herself. The doctor who lived there years ago, was taking care of Sallie who died in one of the beds, and she never left. This is on the best true stories ever told as far as I am concerned and I would love to go to Kansas and find her.

I'm watching the youtube episodes now...part 4 features the attack on Medium Peter that almost knocks him down ....then scratches Tonys' back....pretty violent entity....B

according to Peter James:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlLy4DVsY0A...ted&search=

I think I have watched that movie 20 times and I still love it..Peter James is an amazing man..

I am really looking forward to the entire experience. I have read all sorts of things about the house, such as it's front door is actually the back door. There have been numerous reports of activity in the house including a possible possession. We are also going to the haunted park in Atchison while there, but it is just not as thrilling as this place.

I haven't a lot of equipment, what I do have are voice recorders, a video camera, and a digital camera. I also am considering taking a toy of some sort to coerce Sallie out. Not sure how that will go over.

I suspect Sallie may have been or still is a special child. Her "mother" I suspect is not her mother but a keeper of sorts to keep her where she is and not let her pass on. To exact those kind of attacks her "Mother" would have to have been a strong and gifted Psychic in life. I think "Mother" is used to make it less scary.....Demon maybe more appropriate. But never having been there I will never know for sure and I cant see me going to Kansas ......ever :P

I suspect Sallie may have been or still is a special child. Her "mother" I suspect is not her mother but a keeper of sorts to keep her where she is and not let her pass on. To exact those kind of attacks her "Mother" would have to have been a strong and gifted Psychic in life. I think "Mother" is used to make it less scary.....Demon maybe more appropriate. But never having been there I will never know for sure and I can't see me going to Kansas ......ever :P
I dont buy the "mother theory" myself ....and Kansas has bad tornados....B

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Is the house empty now? or are you going in with the owners permission?

Let us know how you get and if you can, please post some photos.

Is the house empty now? or are you going in with the owners permission?

Let us know how you get and if you can, please post some photos.

I watched a recent update on the house and the new owner denied activity, and only allowed the crew into one or two rooms for some reason. She was a bit strange and evasive..I cant wait to hear what the OP's results .JN

She is only a monster IF people dont pay attention to her daughter. The man Tony who lived there got angry that his wife made room for Sallie, bought her toys etc..So Mom is the one who scratched him and invaded his thoughts. She is very nasty.

No Actually Sallie is happy as a clam, but when the couple that lived there had a baby, Sallie became the protector of the child. The husband was sick of his wife paying so much attention to Sallie, buying her toys and givin her the space she needed to play. But as husband/daddy became annoyed with all of Sallie's antics, it was Mom who began to attack him viciously, causing scratches that were very deep and would bleed. That part was on the news years ago when it took place. But many of the pics they took showed a very dark, entiity and everything escalated from there..It was actually Peter James that came in and tried to resolve the problems, but the family moved out, and Sallie remained. The recent owners were just interviewed like a month ago, but the woman refused to let investigators go into certain rooms, and denied any activity, but she seemed a bit strange herself. The doctor who lived there years ago, was taking care of Sallie who died in one of the beds, and she never left. This is on the best true stories ever told as far as I am concerned and I would love to go to Kansas and find her.

Of course, if you ever make it to Kansas, you will have to stop and see me!

I dont buy the "mother theory" myself ....and Kansas has bad tornados....B

linked-image

I was all set to post that we don't have that many tornados, then I remembered Greensburg. I guess all it takes to wipe out a town is one HUGE tornado. Really, I have lived in Kansas since 1966, and have never seen a tornado, or actually had one touch down in this town. Basements are a necessity though.

Of course, if you ever make it to Kansas, you will have to stop and see me!

I would LOVE TO, how close are you to Atchinson? :rolleyes:

I would LOVE TO, how close are you to Atchinson? :rolleyes:

About a 3 hr drive. My sister-in-law lives there.

I found some interesting pictures on this thread from the Sallie house (if I understand the OP, it's the sallie house- she calls it bed and breakfast )... I found pics from post #6 & #7 eery.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...cture+breakfast

Edited by Sunni

About a 3 hr drive. My sister-in-law lives there.

COOL I am so there, when I take a well needed vacation.. :yes:

I found some interesting pictures on this thread from the Sallie house (if I understand the OP, it's the sallie house- she calls it bed and breakfast )... I found pics from post #6 & #7 eery.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...cture+breakfast

VERY eery. I watched the entire movie twice on "A Haunting" and they showed the real photos, and I was shocked. There are many names for it such as "Sallie in the Homeland" things like that. It is an amazing story!!