Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are there any dangerous stuff on a ghost hunt

jonas16

I'm a member of a paranormal society in my city. Been to many of their supernatural tours, so far nothing. But I had been exploring with a few like minded friends before at places at night, and we had some freaky encounters.

I believe it all boils down to respect. Respect spirits, respect the place you're going, respect cultural/religious customs and believes. ;) Remember, we're going into their territory (suppose the place is truly haunted). Respect the place and the 'occupants'. Will you be happy if someone suddenly barges into your house and starts trashing the place? :rofl:

Always 'ask permission' in your head before entering and explain what you will be doing. After that, in the end, 'thank you'. That's what I usually do.

Edited by redstone

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Isis2200

• JustNormal

• jonas16

• redstone

I've never known anyone who had something follow them back from an investigation but I suppose it's possible.

You have to be careful not to be overly sensetive to things happening after an investigation. If your car won't start, you trip on the stairs, you're pet hamster dies - all these things can and do happen all the time w/o being paranormally caused.

As far as danger on the investigation, the others have said to well about being properly clothed, knowing the area, having permission etc. I'd had that I am unware of anyone being seriously hurt by a ghost (inspite of what some Hollywood movies claim). I only know one story and can't find any supporting evidence of it so I take it as urban legend.

I've never known anyone who had something follow them back from an investigation but I suppose it's possible.

You have to be careful not to be overly sensetive to things happening after an investigation. If your car won't start, you trip on the stairs, you're pet hamster dies - all these things can and do happen all the time w/o being paranormally caused.

As far as danger on the investigation, the others have said to well about being properly clothed, knowing the area, having permission etc. I'd had that I am unware of anyone being seriously hurt by a ghost (inspite of what some Hollywood movies claim). I only know one story and can't find any supporting evidence of it so I take it as urban legend.

I'm more worried about getting myself into legal trouble and getting hurt than encountering something odd. :P

Almost being pushed down a flight of stairs or almost being pushed into a pile of asbestos, does that count?

I've seen this vid. I like the Pink lady one to. I've seen a show that was just about the one where the guy gets strangled. It really is worth watching. It had some great orb footage and pics. A very interesting story and in the end, it really creeped me out. :)
I hope to do a investigation one day myself.

explore the area in the daytime and remember where everything is so you dont get lost or hurt in the dark, always have a phone with you and keep in mind that batterys seem to die very quickly.