Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

About Madeleine...

LittleIrishVampiress

Going out to eat for an hour and leaving three helpless children alone just boggles the mind.

If they were anyone else they would be arrested. A three year old child can barely speak let alone communicate if she were to be lost.

AND what about the two year old twins? What if the room had caught on fire?

Here's an interesting article about it so apparently LIV isn't the only one to have brought it up.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/18/...in2824842.shtml

a quote

While Stein said laws often don't specify the age at which it's safe to leave children alone, she said she didn't know any child protection expert who would consider 4 an acceptable age. She said the professional wisdom is generally that children should not be left alone before the "age of reason," which psychologists put at about 7 or 8 years old.

"Children 4 and under should not be left alone," she said, noting that Children's Services has a campaign called "Take Good Care of Your Baby" that urges parents to never, under any circumstances, no matter how briefly, leave their children alone. "It's not good parenting. It's just not safe," she said.

other similar stories where parents were arrested

http://www.kcci.com/news/13400890/detail.html

http://cbs11tv.com/local/local_story_138194335.html

I'd also like to point out that this is a class issue as well. You cannot tell me that if these two people were in their 20's and it was a single mother on the welfare roll who popped down to the pub below her apartment that she wouldn't be treated differently.

These people should have been arrested for child endangerment and their other two kids should be taken away pending an investigation.

Edited by truethat

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LittleIrishVampiress

• Bill Hill

• truethat

• SeaMare

thank you truethat, i will certainly check them out :tu: ...but in the morning im kinda sleepy!! :sleepy: hehe, summer is dangerous pour moi, very bad sleeping habits :lol:

oh and i realised i've been referring to you as 'he' and 'his'!!! so sorry! my mistake! :blush:

Edited by LittleIrishVampiress

and i don't think there is anything wrong with me regarding it as unusual, and you not :P

You are quite right to regard me as a little bit unusual but I prefer the word eccentric if it's all the same to you ;)

Dude if it were my kids I would not let them out of my sight but life is cruel and unpredictable, to be on the safe side it might pay dividends to investigate all avenues of investigation and that means the parents would not be exempt from questioning, compromise?

Ah, now...you won't get off that easily...

Please show me where I've said that "Madeleine is only getting attention because she is young white and cute."

I get the impression you support 'White Child Syndrome' as a concept in this case? Could be wrong..but in the past you've always supported the most clichéd dizzy liberal arguments. Based on observation of your previous posts.

I haven't. Anywhere.

I see you're not commenting on your other post:

This got nothing to do with "sounding like racism"; you're directly accusing me of it.

I haven't made any reference to Madeleine's or her parent's ethnicity anywhere. Your comment is totally unfounded and hence prejudiced.

C'mon now seamare you're becoming boring... racism is a form of prejudice judging someone on nothing more than person appearance.

And as horrible as this sounds, in some "celebrity" cases, the parents really seem to lap up the attention. In this case, Madeleine's mother. Every time I see her on TV, I observe her- there is a strange vibe going on, something just doesn't feel right.

See you're judging on appearances- when questioned what doesn't feel right about Mrs McCann- you posted this-

I expressed an opinion, based on a personal impression. Could my impression be wrong? Of course. I don't know the woman. That's why I stated it as an impression, not as a dead cert fact. If you want to criticize my in that contect, I accept that.

Ooh now it's merely an 'impression'. Where before you didn't state it as a impression. Still, good to see you 'backed down' for the misunderstanding.

You are quite right to regard me as a little bit unusual but I prefer the word eccentric if it's all the same to you ;)

Dude if it were my kids I would not let them out of my sight but life is cruel and unpredictable, to be on the safe side it might pay dividends to investigate all avenues of investigation and that means the parents would not be exempt from questioning, compromise?

oh, woops...did it sound like i called you unusual?! :o

yikes no! i didnt mean that :lol: i meant (i'll try better this time :P ) there's nothing wrong with you thinking the case not unusual, and i thinking it is...i think we can both agree to disagree, as its not that personal and different opinions will obvioulsy be formed until we all know the facts.

no need to compromise i have no problem with you having another opinion to mine! :tu:

I get the impression you support 'White Child Syndrome' as a concept in this case? Could be wrong..but in the past you've always supported the most clichéd dizzy liberal arguments. Based on observation of your previous posts.

C'mon now seamare you're becoming boring... racism is a form of prejudice judging someone on nothing more than person appearance.

she is becoming boring because she resents you accusing her of racism?? :huh: strange logic that....

Ooh now it's merely an 'impression'. Where before you didn't state it as a impression. Still, good to see you 'backed down' for the misunderstanding.

am i the only one who finds this makes absolutely no sense???? :blink:

yes, she got an impression. is there something actually wrong with that? aren't impressions, when we don't actually know the person, based on appearances?? :mellow:

she never stated it as a fact, she said she'd observed her, and so obviously, when one 'observes' someone, they get an 'impression'.

Is this thread about Madeline or Billyhill

Sorry I even bothered to contribute. Never mind then.

Tips hat and walks out whistlin'

i wanted it to be about madeleine :hmm: ...

interesting article i found says this...

"The couple said they could see their apartment from the restaurant.

You can not.

I went to the same Tapas bar and the view to the McCann apartment is completely obscured by a six-foot white wall, on which another four foot of hedging has grown."

hmm...why the lie? :hmm:

link

also..."ridiculous media hype " :yes:

i'm not the only one who says it...

Well then why did you make it about billyhill?

Sigh.....

i was trying to defend myself, and others' rights to express their opinions...

...but you are right. i will ignore all critisizims to concentrate on the subject matter :tu:

please do not be discouraged, continue to add your input if you will i do appreciate it :)

she is becoming boring because she resents you accusing her of racism?? :huh: strange logic that....

am i the only one who finds this makes absolutely no sense???? :blink:

yes, she got an impression. is there something actually wrong with that? aren't impressions, when we don't actually know the person, based on appearances?? :mellow:

she never stated it as a fact, she said she'd observed her, and so obviously, when one 'observes' someone, they get an 'impression'.

Thanks for your support, LIV. But as you can see, it's pretty pointless. There are always some people who will never admit that they've been wrong or that they've crossed a line. It's better just to ignore them.

Sorry I even bothered to contribute. Never mind then.

Tips hat and walks out whistlin'

Now you're being a bit unfair, Truethat. I've read through dozends & dozends of threads on this forum, where people have felt personally attacked or treated unfairly by another poster, and felt the justified need to address the issue, you amongst them, and the thread momentarily went off subject. I think there should be space for that within a thread.

They probably did this as a chance to sell the child. And now, they will have to just kill the child and bury her somewhere because the parents have plastered her picture everywhere.

I think the media hype killed their daughter. Their cavalier attitude and desperate need for tapas outweighed the safety of their child.

Do you have any facts to support his opinion? Why couldn't the publicity help to save the child because she is so well known? How about other people spotting her and notifying the police? These options are just as valid as your assumption that she will be killed because of the publicity. What about the Amber Alert system? Should we get rid of that safety system because too many people will know the child is missing and kill them instead? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Currently, the Amber Alert system has a remarkable recovery rate. Follow this link to get the specifics: http://codeamber.org/ca_2004.html

i found these two opposing views on the case quite interesting...both make good points...

link

what do you think?? :unsure:

oh and, seriously, i can't understand why the mccanns have lied about things like times they checked the kids, and being able to see the apartment from the restaurant...it makes no sense... :wacko:

Do you have any facts to support his opinion? Why couldn't the publicity help to save the child because she is so well known? How about other people spotting her and notifying the police? These options are just as valid as your assumption that she will be killed because of the publicity. What about the Amber Alert system? Should we get rid of that safety system because too many people will know the child is missing and kill them instead? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Currently, the Amber Alert system has a remarkable recovery rate. Follow this link to get the specifics: http://codeamber.org/ca_2004.html

Why do I need facts to support my opinion. Its my opinion.

And the result of course could have been that the child was found right away. Except she wasn't and now I think its going to work against the child.

If you were her abductor what you do? I could only hope that the person gives up and leaves her somewhere but as the days go on I don't think its very likely.

I do think that this is a tragic mistake for what boils down to an irresponsible mistake on the part of the parents. But to me they are clinging to the victim role and lashing out at the police when in fact they themselves are the number one reason the child was abducted.

There was a pool and a wall and a hedge between the room and the restaurant and they were IN the restaurant. They make it sound like they were sitting outside the door to their room.

There are discrepancies from the waiters in the restaurant who said they never left to check on the kids.

And the weirdest one to me really is that they only took Madeline. There were two other babies right there? Why not take more than one or take a younger one that would be easier to pass off as someone elses child?

There are just so many aspects of this that seem off and most likely its just the way it unfolded but it does seem odd to me that the mother ran out of the room screaming she's been taken when the other two children were right next to her in the bed. I would think my first instinct would have been that the child woke up and went looking for mommy and daddy.

It's Missing White Girl Syndrome. She's photogenic, blonde, blue-eyed, and from a well-off family.

As the Daily Show's America the Book put it: MinutesofCoverage = FamilyIncome * (AbducteeCuteness / SkinColor)2 + LengthofAbduction * MediaSavvyofGrievingParents3

In the uK it's usually the other way around, i.e. if a black person gets murdered by a white or sometimes another black person it's on the news 24-7 for months if not years, Memorials, building's and parks are named after them, Two Turkish Guys are on trial for the rape and murder of a 14 year old white girl, it's believed she was cut up and served in kebabs in thier restaurant, i bet most UK residents on this forum haven't heard of this horrendous crime, a group of Pakistani pedophiles grooming and using white girls as young as 11 in the north of England as gone unreported in the National press, your white girl syndrome doesn't exist in the UK, what you have is a desperate father who knows how to work and use the Press.

If you've ever been to portugal you'll know the Portuguese make a great fuss over young children, crime in portugal is very low, this lead the McCannns into a false sense of security.

He comes across as smarmy and smug, this might be my racism because i don't like scots on the whole, i've never met one who isn't arrogant, but this isn't a crime and you can't blame a father for trying everything to get his wee baby back.

Who is Madelaine?" :unsure2:

I really hope she is found I wouldn't want any child to go through being taken from her parent, the family actually live like a 7 min drive from my house, but i'm getting bored by all the bandwagon jumping and anti portuguese police propoganda created by the media. Its like oh she hasn't been found within an hour of her going missing oh the police must not be doing a good job. Its like if you don't wear a yellow wrist and don't put up posters on every street lamp you don't care.Wearing something doesn't mean you are morally inept.

I don't remember seeing this much for every other kid thats gone missing.

And JK rowling offering 3mil makes me laugh, what does she think the kidnapper is a harry potter fan, I really don't think the capters care about money considering the amount that has already been offered since she was taken.

anyway /rant off, I hope she is found.