Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is death life

undeadlizard

There is no life without death.

If there is no life there is no death.

You live once you die once.

Life=death +death =life

Help me guys here i am confused

Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• Kismit

• reese2

• undeadlizard

Top Posters In This Topic

You live once you die once.

We can't be sure of that. I've seen some very compelling cases of people claiming to have lived before, even though I find it hard to come to terms with the subject.

Anyway, what you have here is a philosophy question. And those just lead to arguments.

What's confusing about the relationship between life and death? Death is simply the end of life...

Let's say you have a glass of water. If the water's poured out, you're hardly still going to call it a glass of water, are you tongue.gif There's no more reason to call death life. It's like calling the adverts after a movie part of the movie.

The little equation you put is meaningless...just because one thing is nesicary for the other, does not make them the same. Is your nose the same thing as whatever it's smelling?

As Cufflink and Sera have already stated, there is no real area up for discussion here... Philosophical questions aren't usually what we look into on the forums, for obvious reasons.

Just a little tip for posting in the future.

And by the way, welcome aboard original.gif

--FireFrog

I think you need to lie down in a cool dark room wink2.gif

Are you quoting something someone wrote? As adding a comma makes things a lot more sensible: You live once, you die once.

If you're not then I think you've drawn a false conclusion - sorry.

There is no life without death. - sort of, if a being is eternal does that mean it hasn't lived? No.

If there is no life there is no death. - yeah

You live once you die once. - No - this conclusion is false as it totally contradicts the 2nd line. Life is precursor to death, so how can you die without having lived? So the entire statement becomes a dichotomy. Put it this way how can you have drunk a glass of water without first having the glass of water.

However:

You die once you live once would be perfectly fine.

Now I'm going to have a lie down in a cool dark room wink2.giflaugh.gif

Philosophical questions aren't usually what we look into on the forums, for obvious reasons.

What made you think that? I love philosophical questions, so keep them coming. original.gif

so if there are people that have lived

more than once.

Death is the beginning of life ( in some cases i would say )

Thank you very much for your honest opinions

I don't really believe in past lives...I think some people just convince themselves or certain things to try and distance themselves from a fear of dying. They'll read things into dreams, unrelated thoughts, or just about anything...

The same is pretty much true of my opinion of the afterlife (or lack thereof). I believe you've only got once chance at life.

Let's say you have a glass of water. If the water's poured out, you're hardly still going to call it a glass of water, are you  There's no more reason to call death life. It's like calling the adverts after a movie part of the movie

Seraphina- Now, that is a great analogy.... Another prime example of why I like MOST of your posts... tongue.gifwhistling2.gifwink2.giforiginal.gif

Reese

And yours is a prime example of why I like SOME of yours cool.gif

But I think it's a perfectly good analogy, if a slightly basic one...the proposition was that life and death were one and the same, just because death always follows life. Well...and empty glass always follows a full one. Doesn't make them identical, does it? tongue.gif

Oh my , this is quite a touching moment crying.gif I'm all kinda choked up ... You two are just wee softies on the inside arn't you ? grin2.gif

So that i'm not completely off topic but still pretty much covering the same ground as Seraphina , it's simply the different names for the cycles . Life and Death kind of like menstrating and not menstrating , two different stages in exsistence ...

EDIT: edited becuase mine is a really crap analogy thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kismit

Kind of depends on whether you think their is an afterlife or not . Its something that we can never know about for sure untill of course we are dead wink2.gif

. Life and Death kind of like menstrating and not menstrating , two different stages in exsistence ...

wow i like how you think, Life and Death are kind of like doing stuff and not doing stuff:D

I'm just teasing:P

Kind of depends on whether you think their is an afterlife or not . Its something that we can never know about for sure untill of course we are dead wink2.gif

either way, they are just ways to differentiate between the two different stages of exsistence .. original.gif

Isn't part of the equation missing here? What about birth? You can't have life without first being born, the same as you can't have death without life. I would even say you can't have an afterlife (if it exists) without first being born, since you would have to live and die before being reborn.

Everything needs a beginning. Seraphina's glass had to be filled by someone or something before it was emptied, and kismit had to reach a certain age before she... well, you get the point. whistling2.gif

For my money, I would rather ponder the miracle of birth, since at times it really can be miraculous. Birth comes first...all else follows. thumbsup.gif