Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird video - "rubber johnny"

supervike

Earlier this week a poster had linked a very bizarre YOUTUBE link. It was a purported alien, but it looked like a deformed person in a wheelchair, and then another one with a strange voice asking for 'mamma;. I can't find the link and would like to see it again. Anyone recall that?

Much thanks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supervike

• Saru

• Pandora7321

• The Carnivore

Earlier this week?

I don't remember that.

You sure it was this section and not the ET section?

You know, I posted that link for you and then I got to thinking. Anyone know the story behind this video? I mean, I don't think it's real for reasons you'll see when you watch it. (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it) But, who made it? I think they did a damn good job. I mean it is freaky and disturbing as all get out.

Turn the lights off and the sound up!!

Yup, that was it, or at least part of it.

Very creepy.

The other post contained a youtube link that just had the alien/monster/mutant sitting in the wheelchair, and then the interview with the therapist.

Apparently, the whole story it is a 'experimental' short film.

Here some more info I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_Johnny

It's rubber Johnny. The title and music video sort of give it away.

There was a link just recently, it had a strange video from youtube of what was claimed to an bizarre alien.

Anyhow, I went looking for the link the next day, and it seemingly disappeared.

I made a post here on this particular forum stating as much, and some kind soul linked the strangeness (although his link was from ebaums)

Anyhow, it answered what the weird video was, it was some sort of experimental film for a music band called Rubber Johnny, but stranger still, is now THAT post has gone missing.

Are they being deleted by a mod for some reason?

I know I posted my initial question of the missing post June 8, around 9-10ish am. I can remember ColdEthyl replied to my thread, but I can't find it at all now.

There was a link just recently, it had a strange video from youtube of what was claimed to an bizarre alien.

Anyhow, I went looking for the link the next day, and it seemingly disappeared.

I made a post here on this particular forum stating as much, and some kind soul linked the strangeness (although his link was from ebaums)

Anyhow, it answered what the weird video was, it was some sort of experimental film for a music band called Rubber Johnny, but stranger still, is now THAT post has gone missing.

Are they being deleted by a mod for some reason?

I know I posted my initial question of the missing post June 8, around 9-10ish am. I can remember ColdEthyl replied to my thread, but I can't find it at all now.

Hmmmm... Thats strange.

Maybe it got deleted because it was fromthe government?

Found it, i've merged the topic you are referring to with this one and renamed it.

I've always wondered what this video was about, looks like an experimental music video, very creepy.

Found it, i've merged the topic you are referring to with this one and renamed it.

I've always wondered what this video was about, looks like an experimental music video, very creepy.

Ah Good work Saruman!!

I really searched for it, but couldn't find it.....

Thank you very much.

Rubber Johnnys are condoms in the UK.

Yep.

The vid could be considered disturbing, so that's most likely the reason it's being deleted.

I would agree with that, this video skates the borders of suitability on here and I wasn't sure if should be allowed, but it is a valid topic and I know a lot of people have seen it on Youtube or other sites and wondered what it was, which is how my interest in it came about.

Remember it is a fake video and is in no way genuine; I think it's rated as a 15.

Granted, it is a disturbing video. But it's no more disturbing than some of the other things I've seen here. The dead alien baby in the trash heap, the devil stuff, etc. etc. I've no problem if it was deleted because of being inappropriateness, but seeing how it kept disappearing, I thought more sinister forces were at work! (not really, but everyone loves a good mystery)

If it crosses the line, by all means, zap it. The mystery is solved as far as I am concerned.

The "Rubber Johnny" video which can be found on various sites around the Internet is an abstract short film created by Chris Cunningham.

The film itself is difficult to describe in ordinary terms, but it is commonly summarized as follows:

Rubber Johnny documents a 16-year-old, inbred mutant's solitary existence, locked in a pitch-black basement by his ashamed parents. They are TV addict rednecks who occasionally feed Johnny and yell at him for making noise. Johnny's only company in the basement is his little dog. His dog's I.Q. far outstrips Johnny's, who is a completely insane, bi-polar imbecile.

Featuring music by Aphex Twin

http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/rubber.html

Edited by rob lester

Right, Cunningham developed Rubber Johnny as a character to use in a short promo spot for an album by Aphex Twin, and Cunningham was so taken with the character that he wound up spending a whole lot of time making this full-length video. It sure is macabre.

I refuse to touch a link from ebaum's world.

I refuse to touch a link from ebaum's world.

Grr. Ebaums world. :angry:

Yeah, disturbing, but cool. But then again I find disturbing stuff cool. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

The start of the clip is abit "odd" but after a couple of minutes passes, It look's like nothing more than some kind of Music video :huh:

Yes, it's certainly nothing paranormal. It's the band aphex twin. Brilliant music!

Remined me of that dude from The Hills Have Eyes....

creepy lil freak.