Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Stone Archway a Time Portal?

pappagooch

There was another thread, sometime back, on this topic of a mysterious arch in the southwest. The OP, as I recall, was being coy about knowing it's location but not revealing it for some farcical reason.

Has anyone ever heard of the mysterious stone archway in Southeastern Arizona?

According to this article, it was originally discovered in the early 1800’s by a trio of Indians playfully chasing each other in the mountains of southern Arizona. One of them ran through the archway, but did not emerge from the other side. They freaked out and advised the tribe’s medicine man of this place and a bunch of them went to the location. They threw rocks through it and nothing happened. Finally a live animal was thrown through the thing and poof, it disappeared. They decided to name the structure "Doorway to the Gods”.

In the forties, a local Indian named "John" visited the site. There was a storm headed his way but when he looked through the archway he saw blue skies. He made his way AROUND the structure and sure enough it was dark all around him. He freaked out and bolted.

“Some believe John was looking into another time period through the portal.”

One theory presented in this article is that “Perhaps an enormous deposit of geodes beneath the surface might be effecting time in some mysterious manner. When all the natural elements --the vibration of the crystals, the electricity in the atmosphere and the magnetic fields in the earth--come together at the precise moment, laws of nature are turned topsy-turvy, and things occur beyond our understanding. It could be like dropping a stone into a pool of calm water--the archway being the stone and the waves expanding outward could be the natural forces. These might reach anywhere from several yards to a mile. Depending upon the activation, everything within this radiating circle could be thrown into a different period of time. When it fades, things return to normal.”

<a href='http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/currents/Content?oid=oid:47018' target='_blank'>Link to this intriguing story</a>

Thanks for sharing the stories. I was out west exploring the areas of Tuscan and Mexico. There were several natural arches and windows I came across and walked around. They were very intriguing and gave a magical feeling to the imagination. Had I heard the tales I would have walked through it. The part that interested me from the story was was the geonod eggs of quartz because at one arch I saw some. It seemed weird to me for them to be there in the open. I took one as a souvenir. I'm not a geologist so I don't know how or if it is even common for those to appear above ground like that.

Why is always a bunch of Indians messing around that find things?

President Trump will build a wall around it to stop time-traveling Mexicans coming through.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

This is a common thread in a number of stories i have read. I tend to think the fictional stories stick in people's memories over the years and become remembered as historical stories. On the other hand, the stories go back quite a way. Try googling, " He walked around the horses" which is a SF story written about 1948 and based on a supposedly true event in 1809 As a young person I had numerous dreams which involved not just space portals but time portals. Some were natural artefacts like an arch or a pool of water or a cave. Others were alien constructs and a few were even hidden in normal doorways in houses etc. This was back in the 1950s and i read a lot of sf from pre war and also new age material. ER Burrough's john carter of mars stories had a very similar device (Only it was a cave) by which a US cavalry man was transported to barsoom(mars)

Edited by Mr Walker

You will never believe what I saw!

I plan on going thrgh the arch, I will post my discoveries afterwards.....

• Like 1

Ive been there... no such phenomena. But i have seen a similar effect through a big rainbow in the sky it was crazy how the sky was red and stormy on one side and blue and calm on the other we actually ended up driving through it and it was a surreal feeling.

• 3 years later...

This is now my fourth attempt to find the "doorway" *(Quinn calls it a doorway, not a arch).  

If someone can email me or post on my youtube page a comment i can respond with coordinates and further information.  I seriously question if anyone has actually found the site.  I am positive i know where it is.  To  date there is not a single photograph of the doorway or the columns (or rubble) anywhere online...just stories and claims. Anyone serious please contact me and lets solve this mystery.  I am absolutely positive i know exactly where it is at after this last trip.   This was my 4th attempt to the locate the portal. I have another youtube video out there of my failed 2nd or 3rd attempt...  Like i said i know exactly where Ron Quinn was when he took some very specific photos of the plateau and arch surroundings.  I was VERY VERY close this trip, but took a wrong turn, and the sun fell.

Edited by skinwalkerranch
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, skinwalkerranch said:

If someone can email me or post on my youtube page a comment i can respond with coordinates and further information.  I seriously question if anyone has actually found the site.  I am positive i know where it is.  To  date there is not a single photograph of the doorway or the columns (or rubble) anywhere online...just stories and claims. Anyone serious please contact me and lets solve this mystery.  I am absolutely positive i know exactly where it is at after this last trip.   This was my 4th attempt to the locate the portal. I have another youtube video out there of my failed 2nd or 3rd attempt...  Like i said i know exactly where Ron Quinn was when he took some very specific photos of the plateau and arch surroundings.  I was VERY VERY close this trip, but took a wrong turn, and the sun fell.

This you?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@skinwalkerranch: If I post on your YouTube video it will probably be with a thumbs down! 

Post the coordinates and info here please. :tsu:

Well, the boxwire in the one scene looks like it was maintained. Which means there are outriders and line riders, and a outrider who doesn't know every square inch of his "work area" is a lousy one. Somebody knows every square inch of that patch.

Geodes come from a volcanic eruption. they are all over a strewnfield from one. Most of them have been well investigated. Which means a geologist knows the area also.

Finally, unless that peashooter he has on is hip is full of ratshot for snakes. It's useless. Coyotes are too slick for anything but a rifle and a rustler's point man would have him glassed and his head blown off before he noticed him.

This whole "adventure" was a joke. At least from a dumb Indian ranchhand's point of view.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Pee shooter? Its a 9mm with hollow points.  Same as used by the police unless they just carry them for snakes and mice...?  It will kill a cougar, a wolf, coyote, or a human.  Why was the "whole adventure a joke", please explain i would love to hear...?  Odd and emotionally charged comments to make.

Timothy I have the coordinates, i know where Ron Quinn took all the photos that he posted in his book.  I took a right atop the plateau when i should have gone right, and ran out of sunlight to continue.  I am positive i now know where the site is. 

Piney yes that is me and my video, i go all over the country exploring mysteries. This however is perhaps one of my favorites as it has a actual tangible artifact to document and examine. There is not a single photograph or GPS coordinate of the site online.  Jerry Wills claims he knows the location and even offered to give me the coordinates, however his location is a very natural stone archway found near Dick's Peak. The description and photo (I have it and can share) look nothing like Ron's depiction nor location. 

On 12/10/2003 at 4:25 PM, PurpleStuart said:

To add to that (and to go off on a bit of a tangent), i'm a great believer that 'Timeslips' (for want of a better name) account for quite a few ghosts sightings.

The reason behind this is an experience a good friend of mine has a few years ago - i know her well and i know she wouldn't make this sort of thing up:

Nearly a decade ago my friend was living with her boyfriend (another friend of mine) in an old vicarage (in suffolk i believe). One afternoon he was sorting out the garden and she was having a lay down in the bedroom before going out for the evening, when the bedroom door opened and a man and a woman dressed in victorian clothes walked straight in! My friend immediately got up to confront them, but the man seemed totally oblivious to her. The woman on the otherhand, saw my friend get up, and with an expression of wide eyed horror, left the room as fast as she possibly could, followed puzzledly by the man.

My friend followed them out, but there was no sign of them outside the room. She checked with her boyfriend who was still in the garden, and he hadn't seen anyone and wasn't expecting anyone...

What amuses me, if this woman from an earlier time really did see my friend, the reason she looked so scared was probably because 1) if there was no bed in that position at the earlier timeframe my friend would of appeared to be levitating and 2) My friend is a screaming goth - wears black dresses, is close to 6'0" in her boots, never seen without full white face make up and black face veils - she must of though she saw death herself!!

Interesting story.  My grandson and my daughter have a story of a teenage girl that he found sitting on his bed a few times.  Once she looked up and seemed to see him before she disappeared.  He told his mother but she didn't believe him until one day she took some clothes in to his room and saw the girl sitting on the bed.  It only lasted a few seconds before there was no one sitting on the bed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Interesting story.  My grandson and my daughter have a story of a teenage girl that he found sitting on his bed a few times.  Once she looked up and seemed to see him before she disappeared.  He told his mother but she didn't believe him until one day she took some clothes in to his room and saw the girl sitting on the bed.  It only lasted a few seconds before there was no one sitting on the bed.

Humans are extremely fallible. That’s the answer!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skinwalkerranch said:

Pee shooter? Its a 9mm with hollow points.  Same as used by the police unless they just carry them for snakes and mice...?  It will kill a cougar, a wolf, coyote, or a human.  Why was the "whole adventure a joke", please explain i would love to hear...?  Odd and emotionally charged comments to make.

Our cops use 40s. 9s don't stop dope fiends. Nor cougars, that's if you can hit them.  I carried a 45LC as a cop and a cowboy.

Nothing charged about it. I told you how I felt as a former ranch outrider. Somebody knows that territory well. Whether it's cowboy, rock hound or geologist. Those are valuable geodes and that fence looked well treated. 

Next question. On the Apache Cave video. When did we start using acrylic enamel?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A common choice for law enforcement agencies, this 9mm ammo has scored well in FBI and independent ballistic tests. The HST LE bullet is designed to expand to create a large wound cavity. The ammoprovides a good combination of expansion consistency, penetration and reliability for self defense use.

Next question. On the Apache Cave video. When did we start using acrylic enamel? 

No idea, i just document what i find. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So this has devolved into a p***ing contest about which weapon is more lethal?   :lol:  I guess I like that better than the devolution of many other threads arguments about religion and what is true in the bible and what isn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never was a debate over what weapon is more lethal ...a 45 is.  He made the statement that I carry a peashooter, unless we start with the premise that the majority of America's police force uses "peashooters", then I take issue with his false and topic de-railing troll comment(s).  I assumed this forum was for a serious discussion of the portal site and attempts to locate it.  I will move on.

58 minutes ago, skinwalkerranch said:

Never was a debate over what weapon is more lethal ...a 45 is.  He made the statement that I carry a peashooter, unless we start with the premise that the majority of America's police force uses "peashooters", then I take issue with his false and topic de-railing troll comment(s).  I assumed this forum was for a serious discussion of the portal site and attempts to locate it.  I will move on.

You could just ignore it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinwalkerranch said:

No, the debate was the fence was well maintained and the location was a volcanic strewnfield full of geodes ( very valuable to rock hounds) which means the area is well known and well mapped. How can you not find it?  

Your going off tangent with the gun.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

No idea, i just document what i find. 

Just saw this. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

So this has devolved into a p***ing contest about which weapon is more lethal? 

giphy.gif

I win.:lol:

• Haha 2

Maybe this will help. I use it for guiding all the time. Topography is the key to finding natural arches. 

https://www.usgs.gov/core-science-systems/national-geospatial-program/topographic-maps

On 5/24/2019 at 3:06 PM, Piney said:

No, the debate was the fence was well maintained and the location was a volcanic strewnfield full of geodes ( very valuable to rock hounds) which means the area is well known and well mapped. How can you not find it?  

Your going off tangent with the gun.

Not find it?? I show me finding it in the video... pretty clear actually.  Begins at 6:18 timestamp in video

• Haha 1