Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Stone Archway a Time Portal?

pappagooch

On 5/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, Piney said:

Maybe this will help. I use it for guiding all the time. Topography is the key to finding natural arches. 

https://www.usgs.gov/core-science-systems/national-geospatial-program/topographic-maps

i'm not looking for a natural arch, a "doorway" as Quinn describes it is a unnatural 90 degree structure. I also know where it is location. I no longer need directions.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, skinwalkerranch said:

i'm not looking for a natural arch, a "doorway" as Quinn describes it is a unnatural 90 degree structure. I also know where it is location. I no longer need directions.

While the Bigfoot Hunters were marching around in a Camden County game park consisting of 4gen regrowth and bemoaning  "unexplored" and paying a suburban hunting club as 'guides". I was taking Mike Argano from the BFRO every place in the Pine Barrens he wanted to go. Free of charge. I just wanted to exercise my camera. 

Most people don't realize that every place in the U.S is known by somebody and many of us will take you someplace without looking for monetary gain or to run a con. I happily take Jersey Devil and Bigfoot hunters out just for the sake of a good hike or horseback ride. I'm sure there is a decent Native who would do the same thing there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2019 at 4:42 PM, Piney said:

Next question. On the Apache Cave video. When did we start using acrylic enamel?  

That struck me as well.  I've done some rock art research and that was modern paint and modern tools making those markings (as in "within the past 80 years and more likely sooner than that."

There's nothing in the designs that match Apache rock art symbols... certainly not the ancient ones, though someone who was Apache might have gone in the dry cave and painted them for his/her amusement or path markers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kenemet said:

That struck me as well.  I've done some rock art research and that was modern paint and modern tools making those markings (as in "within the past 80 years and more likely sooner than that."

There's nothing in the designs that match Apache rock art symbols... certainly not the ancient ones, though someone who was Apache might have gone in the dry cave and painted them for his/her amusement or path markers.

I assumed it was a recent painting done by a native. Was the most interesting thing i found in the cave and felt compelled to video tape and note.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 11:51 AM, skinwalkerranch said:

Hey im in AZ and would love to tag along when you go, shoot me a PM if interested!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skinwalkerranch said:

took alot of digging through old Fate Magazine articles but finally found the only pictures of the arch, not overly impressive. However reveals the location

http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/media/displayimage.php?pid=325&fullsize=1

http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/media/displayimage.php?pid=326&fullsize=1

It looks like a doorway from a collapsed hogan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It looks like a doorway from a collapsed hogan.

So it doesn't look like an arch to me.  It looks like something man made, maybe like Piney said, it looks like the door fo a collapsed hogan.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So it doesn't look like an arch to me.  It looks like something man made, maybe like Piney said, it looks like the door fo a collapsed hogan.

The weird part is the rock looks volcanic but you can see what looks like a circular foundation through the weeds. 

It could be older than the Dine' presence too. Maybe Ancestral Puebloan. 

@Kenemet  The Southwest is your forte. What's it look like to you? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Hey im in AZ and would love to tag along when you go, shoot me a PM if interested!

sounds good!!  or i can give you directions if you keep at least me (and maybe everyone else?) informed of what you find.  I know exactly where Ron took those photos.  I am a bit confused by the description.  I always assumed the plateau was what is in the distance in the photo...(at least it is presented that way in his other books) However in this magazine it implies he is perhaps standing on the plateau?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skinwalkerranch said:

sounds good!!  or i can give you directions if you keep at least me (and maybe everyone else?) informed of what you find.  I know exactly where Ron took those photos.  I am a bit confused by the description.  I always assumed the plateau was what is in the distance in the photo...(at least it is presented that way in his other books) However in this magazine it implies he is perhaps standing on the plateau?

Man ill totally take those directions! Im afraid our beautiful and looooong spring is ending though so I probably wouldnt actually attempt it until this coming fall since ill be on foot. 

Your thread introduced me to the story so I dont have much to draw on but that one caption sure sounds like he is standing on the plateau.

Ive been looking for an adventure for a while. I toyed around with the death valley subterranean stories and maybe doing a trip there, and of course the dutchman but havent yet gotten around to actually doing anything yet.

• Like 1

cool part about this place is I have explored it on multiple occasions, research all of Ron Quinns  comments on the topic like a scholar.  I now know exactly where he took each photograph.  However I always assumed the portal was of the tall plateau in the distance, not the ground he was standing on.    Even the description does not make sense. looking south from that photo would actually be east not south... doesnt make sense.

3 hours ago, Piney said:

The weird part is the rock looks volcanic but you can see what looks like a circular foundation through the weeds. 

It could be older than the Dine' presence too. Maybe Ancestral Puebloan. 

@Kenemet  The Southwest is your forte. What's it look like to you? 

I'm afraid that I'm of no hope here.  I'm more familiar with the Texas material than general Southwest. 

To my eye, it MIGHT be a hogan, though (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogan) -- I see what appears to be the remains of the inner walls -- but I'm not sure about the entrance structure.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

To my eye, it MIGHT be a hogan, though (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogan) -- I see what appears to be the remains of the inner walls -- but I'm not sure about the entrance structure.

If it's "T" shaped it's Ancestral Puebloan. Hard to tell from the pic. Considering the amount of geodes around it could be a Brujo's hut.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, skinwalkerranch said:

He doesn't have a whole lot of common sense........I'm not kidding. He needs a "head saving hat". 

Seriously .....Does he want to stroke out?

8 hours ago, skinwalkerranch said:

the symbols on a rock in the cave near the plateau...

They look very recent. 

Isn't psychedelic perception wonderful?

• Haha 1

On 23/05/2019 at 3:07 AM, skinwalkerranch said:

I am positive i know where it is

Yeah but no but, you are not as you have found nothing

What you should be saying is "i thinksuspect where it might be" 

On 6/8/2019 at 11:22 PM, freetoroam said:

Yeah but no but, you are not as you have found nothing

What you should be saying is "i thinksuspect where it might be" 

No i did not mince my words. I KNOW the exact location of where Ron took the photograph of the plateau is.  Even posted my proof above. Needed that last trip to really survey the area. Yes i now know where he took several different photographs and where he was standing when he took them.  He claims to be AT THE LOCATION.  So unless he is lying about that, then i assume he would be lying about the entire experience. Good luck to everyone out there and reach me on the youtube link if you want further information or directions. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/29/2019 at 2:58 PM, skinwalkerranch said:

I would love to go with either of you the next time you go. @Farmer77 and /or @skinwalkerranch

Bust be a Nether portal