Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teleportation Theory

Saru

I've heard quite a few "explanations" regarding how human beings will be capable of Teleportation in the future. The most common theory, involves recording every atom in the person who is teleporting, and then recreating that person atom by atom at the other end. The original, is then destroyed.

This to me, sounds totally unlikely. For a start, saving the details of every atom in the human body is an incomprehendably large and complicated task for even the most powerful of computers. Secondly, when you put the atoms together at the other end, it's only a physical representation of the person that is being created. The actual Escence of the person is still at the starting point. This means that when you destroy the original, all you'd end up with is a perfectly replicated corpse.

This method for teleportation could however, be used in the technology of matter replication, but it couldn't be used to transport or replicate living people or animals.

So how would teleportation of humans be achieved ?

Suggestions and comments welcome.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Saru

• Althalus

• SpaceyKC

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the "hows and whys" of why teleportation could be achieved is currently beyond my very meager understanding of science.  But... it could go a long way into answering the UFO puzzle.  teleportation would go a long way into answering the question of how UFO's appear to break many of our laws of Physics, such as materialising , then de-materialising.  And perhaps the answer to how they can achieve travel to our planet from immensely great lenghths.  Just a theory. Good post topic though. Thanks Saruman

I was also thinking along the lines of the movie, "The Fly". Even if they got it figured out, something like that would happen while going through the process!!:o

Maybe that sort of thing would be used to create mutations and hybrids - given the possibility of creating an algomation of 2 species of animal. I can imagine the sort of experimentation that would go on in secret, if such a technology was to ever become available.

• 1 month later...

The first example about duplicating atoms, then destroying the originals would create an artificial duplicate. Just like SaRuMaN stated: a perfectly replicated corps.

How about atom by atom the body is transported through some kind of invisible tunnel linking dimensions or time or something(here we go talking about multiple dimensions and time warps again)almost like a worm-hole?

I dont know about you, but I think thats crazy. Just thought I would mention it, though.

Homer

Actually that isn't so crazy. I think that the only way that teleportation could be achieved through the use of atmoic dematerialisation, would be to move the actual atoms of the subject to the new destination by some means, without destroying them and building new ones at the other end. Then perhaps, when recontructed, both the mind and body of the subject would be recreated, not just the physical part. Of course there's no way of knowing without trying it, but it's certainly a thought. It seems to me like the whole atomic dematerialisation idea is too complicated just to teleport someone from one place to another. There must be an easier way of doing it than that. Perhaps warping between dimensions is not so far fetched after all  :)

My own personal experience, as many others have also related, is that ole blue beam that seems to get us from point A to point B.  

First human understanding of physics of the cosmos has a long long way to go...so there is much yet not known by human mind.

Secondly, the "blue" beam is quite cold.  It had the ability to pull me through a solid wall (as a child and in the presence of my mother who confirmed the event), so there has to be some molecular disengaging.  On one occasion I experienced the ability (as an adult now)of passing through walls and that was that solid isn't really solid!  That the mind is able to "break down" the concept of simply atoms (or molecules--I am not a scientist!) as loosely "clumped" together, ever in motion.  Relaxing allows the molecular structure to disengage long enough to be, well, pliable, to appear to come apart...I wish I had the words to explain how this happened!  As I was going through the wall I became afraid and I could literally feel the molecules (atoms??--say what is the difference anyway) come together and block my going through and I literally could feel the molecules of the wall tightening up around me.  strange feeling, but that's the way it was...once I relaxed and "loosened up" again I passed right on through.

That may sound crazy for many of you readers, but remember also that realities come on all levels.  Right now as I type this I am engaged and the idea of going through the wall impossible, but when I the mind is engaged in the reality that allows the efforts of travel to occur, it does.  That isn't always an easy thing to udnerstand, because these events don't always happen when 3-D realities are in play.

Perhaps someday our human brains will understand the power of thought!!!!

-lori

The difference between an atom and a molecule is an atom(which is smaller than a molecule)is the smallest unit of an element, while still having the characteristics of that element. A molecule is a group of atoms so united and combined by chemical affinity that they form a complete, integrated whole, being the smallest portion of any particular compound that can exist in a free state; as, a molecule of water consists of two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen.

Heres another theory: matter has three states, that we/I know of. Solid, liquid, vapor(or gas). What if the molecules in a solid state, like a person(I know that people are about 70% water), were temporarily turned into vapor for the purpose of going through solid states; and/or the vapor molecules hitching a ride on beams of light for the purpose of teleportation. When the stowaway molecules get off at their destination, they somehow turn back into a solid state(preferrably in the same form as before).

i would like to know how the particles of the object being teleported, once scattered, be transmitted

please tell me...i would be very grateful

cute little faces:

:);):D ;D >:(:(:o 8) ??? ::):P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

i would like to point out that this has no relevance to the topic.

Earth to Dowdy...come in Dowdy...Earth to Dowdy...

Dowdy, your questions were asked as if you never read my previous post. Perhaps you should read it, then feel free to ask a question

If you had read, then please re-read. At any rate, you stated "how the particles of the object being teleported, once scattered, be transmitted"  I wasnt talking about any scattering effect, merely changing from one form to another for the purpose of teleportation. And you asked how the particles would be transmitted ???  As I already stated, on beams of light.

My previous post not only had relevance to original topic, it WAS the original topic. Please read it

anyways, I didnt say it was possible. The topic is teleportation THEORIES

homer,

in regards to your first post which you told me to read.....which i read i just want to ask you something:

if we are going to use worm-holes to transmit the particles, why don't we use the worm-holes to transmit whole objects without scattering them, persuming that a worm-hole could transmit an object of any size and mass.

Dowdy

Because as the term "worm hole" suggest, one cant go through unless their body mass is equal to or less than the body mass of a worm--everybody knows that ;D

Just kidding, obviously. Seriously, Dowdy, I have no idea. I thought you were taking care of the details. ;D

Kidding again. Just throwing ideas out there is all Im doing. Nothing more, certainly nothing less ;D

Homer

I suppose you could say that if the technology existed to move particles through a worm hole, it would be easier to simply move the object in question through the worm hole without changing it at all.

The idea of breaking items down into atmoms however does have another use which I didn't mention earlier, and that is matter replication. Simply recreate the object at the other end, but don't destroy the original. No use for transporting anything thats alive, but perfect for making duplicates of things. Once the pattern of the item in question has been recorded, you could create any number of replicas, that would be indentical to the first one.

Such a technology would give a whole new meaning to the term "Mass Production".

• 10 months later...

The one thing that came to my mind after reading the article was copy, the entire process would send an item as far away as you would want it, but only a copy, as the beam splits it copies each bit and then leaves one bit here and the other bit there.

• 1 month later...

Teleportation is known to most of us who have ever watched Star Trek. But how could the highly complex matter which makes up our bodies actually be broken down and transmitted in this way? Research has taken a step closer in recent months with the announcement that a photon of light has been successfully teleported from one location to another. This is a significant breakthrough to anyone who longs to say those immortal words, 'Beam me up Scotty!'

The researchers involved said they had teleported a beam of light across a laboratory bench. They did not physically transport the beam itself, but transmitted its properties to another beam, creating a replica of the first beam. Such Quantum teleportation allows information to be transmitted at the speed of light - the fastest speed possible - without being slowed down by wires or cables.

The experiment depends on a property known as entanglement, what Albert Einstein once described as "spooky action at a distance." It is a property of atomic particles that mystifies even physicists. Sometimes two particles that are a very long distance apart are nonetheless somehow twinned, with the properties of one affecting the other.

The research was carried out by Kimble who's team created two entangled light beams, streams of photons. Photons, the basic unit of light, sometimes act like particles and sometimes like waves. They used these two entangled beams to carry information about the quantum state of a third beam. The first two beams were destroyed in the process, but the third successfully transmitted its properties over a distance of about a yard.

Quantum physics suggests that matter is capable of existing in two forms either as a particle or a wave. It has been debated for years that it is the act of observation of the matter in the macro world (i.e. consciousness ) that gives matter its actual solid form instead of its fuzziness.

Imagine that you have a refrigerator, inside there are 6 eggs. Where are these eggs? in the door, on the top or bottom shelf? Quantum physics suggests that they could be anywhere and everywhere at once. It is the act of looking into the refrigerator that collapses the waves of energy into localised particles.

Have you understood so far? Yes. Then I'll continue.

Each of us and the are aware of our own existence, and there fore we collapse the particles which make up our bodies into the solid form that they usually take. Now what if we actually had the ability to react with particles at the sub atomic level and collapse them back into a wave form. They would seem to disappear.

This would take them out of normal space-time. Then in this fuzziness of non-existence where space and time do not actually exist one can think oneself to another location. The distance does not matter at all as long as you know where and when you want to be. Then like the entangled photons you simply recreate an exact replica of yourself from the surrounding matter!

Whether we as individuals ever develop these remarkable abilities ourselves or develop technology which transmits our bio-molecular details (including all memory engrams to ensure personality remains intact) I am in no doubt that there will be people out there willing to give up their very existence to be able to say the word 'Energise'.

:sr

:s6

Okay then:  Citing a source is easier than it sounds:  

First, locate the source you wish to ‘cite’ from.

Progress the mouse cursor to the address bar at the top of the page and right click.  

Select copy.  

When you wish to insert your reference to the source, right click again and select paste.  

This method of copy and paste rarely fails to meet the most stringent of source citing standards.  If non-WWW material is used, then perhaps a brief mention at the end of the post would suffice if it’s not deemed superfluous, and so should be used at the author’s discretion.

:sr

Ok Tommy, you lost me. Can you repeat what you said after "locate the source", or do I have to scroll all the way up and re-read it myself ;D

• 2 weeks later...

You were talking about seperating a human being into atoms, well, how do you think that that should go? Imagen that we can do it with somekind of machine and then what? I bet that it has got to hurt! Your brains can only work because of electric charched particles and if you split everything into atoms that electricity is gone, so are your memories and thoughts... You would be a plant-human, capable of nothing....

Odin S. :s9

a new version of Schrodingers Cat was mentioned there.  get a cat put it in a box with a plutonium rod, and seal it up.  is the cat dead or not, only by looking at the cat and seeing for yourself can you be sure.  

Better yet - put Schrodinger in the box!!   >:(

• 3 months later...

i don't think successful human teleportation is possible.well not by humans anytime soon.i agree that inanimate objects could be teleported , although would the properties of that object be left behind rather like the situation with the human teleportation? would lets say a rock..... just crumble into dust?

• 2 months later...

I reckon that we're all barking up the wrong tree thinking along the lines of atomisation and re-combination. At the end of the day if you atomise something you've got the headache of transporting it anyway afterwards and then re-combining the thing in the right order. Chernobl has already created enough mutated species without us helping out.

With regards to the experiment that was carried out relating to the teleportation of light photons I actually heard an update on that on BBC Radio 1 News. One of the interesting effects that wasn't mentioned in the posting was that apparently the photons appeared to have been teleported before they were actually sent?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!

WOW?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Anyhow, with regards to teleportation imagine the following.

In order to teleport something from one location to another it is thought that you must dematerialise an object at one location and re-materialise it at another. What if this is not the case?

Take the experiment above. One of the anomalies in the experiment was that the light "appeared" to have been teleported before it was actually sent. (This couldn't be verified because of the accuracy of the measurement devices at the time. It was an unexpected result. However, this is pure conjecture anyway).

This whole teleportation effect could be explained by somehow forcing the photons to actually travel faster than light (see experiment methodology). Given that the photons travelled faster than light it would appear that they reached their destination instantaneously or maybe even before they were sent. This would create the illusion of instantaneous teleportation. It would also probably point to some sort of a dimensional shift as according to Einstein it is not possible to exceed the speed of light within the physical parameters of our material universe. (Maybe the quantuum vacuum is involved - it generally is :s2)

Therefore the solution to teleportation is to energetically excite the matter to be teleported and send it at greater than the speed of light to its destination so that it apparently arrives there just as it has been sent. The energy used to excite the matter is expended during travel and so the energy collapses back into material form at the destination. It is possible to pass through solid matter on the way as energy sent via the "teleportation", or more likely "matter transfer", process is subject to a dimensional shift into the quantuum vacuum. The quantuum vacuum is responsible for providing the majority of the energy for the transmission process. The initial input energy is merely the "activation" energy to initialise the quantuum teleportation effect and create the initial energy waveform from the source matter.

Blimey. Surprised myself there. I should start up my own website for genuine spinners of bullsh*t. You never know though, there may be some truth in it! But that's my own theory above there you know and you can just tell can't you? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers, Electro.