Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Adama

Any connection between Atlantis and Agharta?

71 posts in this topic

Adama

Hello, im a new user on this website, and ive always had my theories, on certain unexplained places and happenings.

What i want to know, are versions of your theoires, becuase you cant just trust other sources like documentries and scientists. In fact scientists dont do there job very well, and even if they do find a breakthrough, they are paid to shut up or they are silenced. For example, scientists dont even know what gravity is, i mean duh everyone knows what gravity is, but do we? But lets stop talking about these things, lets focus on Atlantis and Agharta.

So please, plz reply back with a few paragraphs or sentances, which ever suits you best. and tell me what you think the connection is all your theory.

thx

itsnotoutthere

Um Atlantis didn't existing, it is base in pure mythology. (its been covered here before)

And with regard to your statement:- 'For example, scientists dont even know what gravity is' are you joking?

Duality

Atlantis:-

Mythical (until proven otherwise) prehistoric city destroyed in a cataclysm. Original reference by Plato, it is not proven either way if Plato was writing fact or fiction at the time.

Agharta (According to Wiki):-

Agharta (アガルタ, Agaruta?) is a manga by mangaka Matsumoto Takaharu serialized in Young Jump. So far 9 collected volumes have been published in Japan by Shūeisha.

Summary

After the earth becomes an immense desert following a cataclysm and life has become a struggle of the survival of the fittest. The story centers around Juju, a teenage boy who belongs to the one of the gangs which prevail on behalf of the new organizations, and Rael, a girl who will be able to perhaps save humanity.

Unless you are referring to another usage of the word "Agharta" then the only connections i an see are that they both involve cataclysms, and at least one is fictional, and both may be.

Emma_Acid
In fact scientists dont do there job very well, and even if they do find a breakthrough, they are paid to shut up or they are silenced.

The world record in ignorance has been broken. You may now collect your prize.

• Like 2

Adama

lol, first of all, there is a lot of evidense that atlantis existed, and second of all, scientists dont know anything about gravity. all they know is that it a force that pulls towards earth. thats all they know, all the rest are theories, and im talkign about the Hollow earth Agharta.

But still thx 4 commenting.

Bosanchero
lol, first of all, there is a lot of evidense that atlantis existed, and second of all, scientists dont know anything about gravity. all they know is that it a force that pulls towards earth. thats all they know, all the rest are theories, and im talkign about the Hollow earth Agharta.

But still thx 4 commenting.

Did Atlantis Exist ??? YESSSSSSSS

Was It A Great Civilization ??? YESSSSS

Were They Defeated by NOMAD Greeks ??? YESSSS

Did The City Sink ???? YESSSSS

Where did all this happen ??? IN PLATO'S MIND.... (ITS JUST A STORY)

As For EVIDENCE of Atlantis Existence.... here is the thing other than PLATO there is NONE !!!

Now let me answer the question asked at the start of this topic....

from what i gather you are trying to get the connection between ATLANTIS and some Nation/city thats Inside the Earth ???

here is my answer :)

Only Connection between these two is

1. Only "Kids" believe that either exists

2. No Evidence Supporting Existence of Either

3. Santa Doesn't Visit On Christmas

and finally

4. They Are Both Made Up...

scientists dont even know what gravity is, i mean duh everyone knows what gravity is, but do we?

well from the way you said that it seems like you do .... ??? enlighten us please ???

Bosanchero

American classical scholar Daniel Dombrowski:

'Atlantis was only a powerful literary device invented by Plato, which was to act as a means of highlighting the fate of the ideal state created in Plato's mind's eye. The only place in which Atlantis can be found, in addition to the writings of Plato, is in the minds of those with an imagination as vivid as that of Plato.'

Adama

lol, your american and your from texas, that explains all, and everything ive said are known by many people, people that are different from you kinds of people, thats why so many things are kept from the public.

• Like 1

Bosanchero
lol, your american and your from texas, that explains all, and everything ive said are known by many people, people that are different from you kinds of people, thats why so many things are kept from the public.

<<< not Amarican (my name should give that away)

and what does that have to do with anything ... ???

US government is hiding stuff from people ??? and Australian isnt ??? okkkkk... even if that was true i have this thing called INTERNET it provides me with all kinds of information :) ...

i suggest you take some time.. read into "Helike" .... "Earthquake war" and "Peloponnesian Wars" you might learn something....

P.S. UM is full of members that have been here for ages... read every topic and heard 95% of theories... dont feel bad if your "Dreams" are brought down by "Facts" just realize that its much better to look at all the FACTS before making/creating a theory

TYPO

Edited by Bosanchero

Adama

ok ok you win

Adama

so what do you study about, and do you believe in any myths or stories and if so, what is the evidense?

Duality
American classical scholar Daniel Dombrowski:

'Atlantis was only a powerful literary device invented by Plato, which was to act as a means of highlighting the fate of the ideal state created in Plato's mind's eye. The only place in which Atlantis can be found, in addition to the writings of Plato, is in the minds of those with an imagination as vivid as that of Plato.'

Plato

Plato (Greek: Πλάτων, Plátōn, "wide, broad-shouldered") (428/427 BC[a] – 348/347 BC), whose original name was Aristocles, was an ancient Greek philosopher, the second of the great trio of ancient Greeks –succeeding Socrates and preceding Aristotle

Daniel Dombrowski

Daniel A. Dombrowski (born 1953) is an American philosopher. He is currently professor at Seattle University in the United States. He works in ethics, theology, classics, and literature.

As Mr Dombrowski appears to have been born some 2000 odd years after Plato i suggest we could conclude that Mr Dombrowski is stating his opinion on what Plato was writing about rather than stating fact.

I am sure those UM members who have "been here for years" would understand the difference between theories and fact.

To the OP:-

Do you have any more info in "Agharta"?

Bosanchero
so what do you study about, and do you believe in any myths or stories and if so, what is the evidense?

i study history and art ...

and i believe in FACTS ....

Myths are Great... but truth is much better :)

if you believe in atlantis i suggest u start researching the TIME of PLATO...

beeing that he is the one that came up with the story you look into the things happening around him during his lifetime... pretty soon you realize that everything that is writen in "Atlantis story" happened to Greeks in/around Mediterranean area...

Island did sink (Atalante)

Athens did go to war with their Allie (Sparta)

City did get destroy in one night (Helike)

if you read into Helike you realize how similar it is to atlantis... it was the capital of the Achaean League meaning it had a strong Political Power...It was a place where people came to worship Poseidon (same as Atlantis) ... in one night it was hit by earthquakes and Tsunamis... and next day it was gone... all the people Dead... City Completely Destroyed....

Once again i suggest you look into the writings of Greeks Historians... Might learn Something

P.S. Its Not about wining ... i am just trying to share some informations with you lol

• Like 1

louie
Did Atlantis Exist ??? YESSSSSSSS

Was It A Great Civilization ??? YESSSSS

Were They Defeated by NOMAD Greeks ??? YESSSS

Did The City Sink ???? YESSSSS

Where did all this happen ??? IN PLATO'S MIND.... (ITS JUST A STORY)

As For EVIDENCE of Atlantis Existence.... here is the thing other than PLATO there is NONE !!!

Now let me answer the question asked at the start of this topic....

from what i gather you are trying to get the connection between ATLANTIS and some Nation/city thats Inside the Earth ???

here is my answer :)

Only Connection between these two is

1. Only "Kids" believe that either exists

2. No Evidence Supporting Existence of Either

3. Santa Doesn't Visit On Christmas

and finally

4. They Are Both Made Up...

well from the way you said that it seems like you do .... ??? enlighten us please ???

Now you see, that proves Atlantis did not exist, because no great civlisation coud be defeated by a bunch of wandering geeks. maybe they could do thier homework for them but not defeat them. lol. :rofl:

Bosanchero
Plato

Plato (Greek: Πλάτων, PlátÅn, "wide, broad-shouldered") (428/427 BC[a] – 348/347 BC), whose original name was Aristocles, was an ancient Greek philosopher, the second of the great trio of ancient Greeks –succeeding Socrates and preceding Aristotle

Daniel Dombrowski

Daniel A. Dombrowski (born 1953) is an American philosopher. He is currently professor at Seattle University in the United States. He works in ethics, theology, classics, and literature.

As Mr Dombrowski appears to have been born some 2000 odd years after Plato i suggest we could conclude that Mr Dombrowski is stating his opinion on what Plato was writing about rather than stating fact.

I am sure those UM members who have "been here for years" would understand the difference between theories and fact.

To the OP:-

Do you have any more info in "Agharta"?

I dont Understand Your Post One Bit lol....

I happen to Agree with Mr.Dombrowski's Quote... and thats only reason i posted it...

if Plato was posting Facts... how is it that none Of the Historians of His time Happen To Mention Anything about Atlantis ?

also please do NOTE what I have quoted in BOLD letters it might be an Eye opener ;)

Greek philosopher not Greek HISTORIAN i take it you know the difference between two :)

Edited by Bosanchero

Bosanchero

yeah lol i love that part...

atlantis is often portrayed as a city with flying machines and laser weapons and so on ..... yet they were Defeated by ATHENS ??? who has none of these Great Things lol ???

Spartans On The Other Hand were forced to FLEE HOME during Peloponnesian War due to a great number of earthquakes (400+bc i think)

making them the army in the myth lol

Edited by Bosanchero

Bosanchero

DP

Edited by Bosanchero

Duality
I dont Understand Your Post One Bit lol....

I happen to Agree with Mr.Dombrowski's Quote... and thats only reason i posted it...

if Plato was posting Facts... how is it that none Of the Historians of His time Happen To Mention Anything about Atlantis ?

also please do NOTE what I have quoted in BOLD letters it might be an Eye opener ;)

Greek philosopher not Greek HISTORIAN i take it you know the difference between two :)

The only one spouting "FACTS" was yourself, it is actually irrelevant if you agree with Dombowski or not, it does not make his THEORY any more FACTUAL.

As for Greek historians not mentioning Atlantis, i have no idea, as i was not there at the time. There could be many reasons, lost documentation etc. It COULD also be that Plato was writing fiction at the time AS I STATED ON MY FIRST POST.

By the way, putting smilies on your posts in no way makes it any less sarcastic.

Adama

exactly, thx duality, i mean you should never rely or believe in secondary sources of information(infromation collected by someone else). If you know the truth or if you have evidense that you have discovered, present it to us or keep your opoinions to yourself.

Duality
exactly, thx duality, i mean you should never rely or believe in secondary sources of information(infromation collected by someone else). If you know the truth or if you have evidense that you have discovered, present it to us or keep your opoinions to yourself.

Well, i don't agree with one element of your post Adama, i am more than happy to read othe peoples opinions on things, thats why i read (and occasionally post) on this forum.

What i find tiring is people spouting theories as if they were fact.

Anyway still waiting on this Agharta info if you have any more?

Bosanchero

first of all this is DISCUSSION BOARD meaning my opinions are worth just as much as yours

second of all Are you asking me to get you some first hand facts for something that happened 2000+ years ago ? what are you on i want some !

I was Born In The Area.. I Have been all Over Greece Countless times... so from where i stand i have Better understanding of the region and its history than you do ...

looking at this topic i have actually supplied you with information... i have given you reasons why your theory is invalid... reasons with Facts backing it up... only thing you have contributed to the discussion is your theory and lack of acknowledging the difference between FACT and OPINION...

come back when you have done some research... ;)

Adama

lol theres too much info about agharta for me to type on here and some are too like classified for the public, but i will be happy to send personal messages to ya. but not of eveything, and for you basonchero, your just another one of em online bullies.

Bosanchero
lol theres too much info about agharta for me to type on here and some are too like classified for the public, but i will be happy to send personal messages to ya. but not of eveything, and for you basonchero, your just another one of em online bullies.

hahah

i have been called much worse :)

but what can i say i like to share my knowledge with people ... if thats bulling than i am sorry you feel that way :)

P.S. if you think i am bully way till later when USA wakes up ....

soel
For example, scientists dont even know what gravity is

Names such as Newton, Hawking and others have enabled science to understand many of physics' biggest mysteries by discovering many aspects of gravity. The applications of their works are numerous in the fields of astronomy, space flights (one of the greatest achievements of the human race), molecular and quantum physics. I find it outrageous that you speak of some of the greatest thinkers and scientists of all human history like if they didn't know anything.

all they know is that it a force that pulls towards earth. thats all they know, all the rest are theories

Gravity can by no means be reduced to "a force that pull towards earth". It explains with astonishing accuracy the formation of the stars, the galaxies, and the nature of black holes. Gravity is a form of acceleration, by the second principle of Newton, which establishes a connection between mass, acceleration (gravity), and force. It is also a fundamental element of relativity, which itself explains many things. None of these are only theories, as they have practical applications. By the way, let me ask you how you came to think that scientists know nothing about gravity. How many books have you read on the subject?

Adama

lol, funny, well you really dont know your scientists, becuase they actually admit that they dont know hardly anything about gravity and many other things, everything is thoeries, and if you can find proof that im wrong, plz do, becuase im not. but its good to see other peoples opinions.