Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any connection between Atlantis and Agharta?

Adama

alright history is mostly based on some bodies memoir or account, Archeology is a fairly recent study which barely grazed the surface of history. Now History might have more then one source which would make it more credible, but that does not mean if only one person accounts for the story that it is not credible (it could be but that conjecture), Plato was not a random person he was a scientist of his time he not only Philosophised about politics but about existance and other topics, he was respected and admired then and now, if he was talking about an Island in Greece we would have commentaried about his work with refrence to such events as they would have been known to other Greek thinkers and population.

Please if your going to respond do so with Logic against my arguments, saying Plato is not an authority on history is your opinion and is not backed up by facts.

alright history is mostly based on some bodies memoir or account, Archeology is a fairly recent study which barely grazed the surface of history. Now History might have more then one source which would make it more credible, but that does not mean if only one person accounts for the story that it is not credible (it could be but that conjecture), Plato was not a random person he was a scientist of his time he not only Philosophised about politics but about existance and other topics, he was respected and admired then and now, if he was talking about an Island in Greece we would have commentaried about his work with refrence to such events as they would have been known to other Greek thinkers and population.

Please if your going to respond do so with Logic against my arguments, saying Plato is not an authority on history is your opinion and is not backed up by facts.

Okay: as a historian -- These days, science and history are not the same thing; in the same way, literature and history are not the same thing. The Greeks, quite simply, didn't make the same distinctions between these subjects that we do. Don't believe me? Pick up a copy of Aristotle's Poetics.

Plato was not an authority on history.

Plato existed several hundred years before our modern concept of history. To call him a historian in the same way we call Kenneth Clark or Edith Hamilton a historian is a bit misleading.

Be careful about hauling out 'the facts', dude. Any historian will tell you 'the facts' are only valuable in proportion to the context you put them in.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Yes the story of Atlantis could be about the destruction of a local greek city but wouldnt the greek readers know about them as well. Why would he get the story in Egypt? If he didnt get in Egypt why make it up? Again he used Athens to bring the story closer to Greek hearts. Answer me this why couldnt Atlantis exist as Plato said explain in Logical terms this impossibility.

There is no evidence at all that the story came from Egypt. Plato made the story up as a vehicle for his political and social beliefs. And in terms of "scratching the surface" of history, I think as a civilisation we know quite a bit thank you very much.

• Like 1

Okay: as a historian -- These days, science and history are not the same thing; in the same way, literature and history are not the same thing. The Greeks, quite simply, didn't make the same distinctions between these subjects that we do. Don't believe me? Pick up a copy of Aristotle's Poetics.

Plato was not an authority on history.

Plato existed several hundred years before our modern concept of history. To call him a historian in the same way we call Kenneth Clark or Edith Hamilton a historian is a bit misleading.

Be careful about hauling out 'the facts', dude. Any historian will tell you 'the facts' are only valuable in proportion to the context you put them in.

--Jaylemurph

If History did not exist as a science then how do we know anything is true in history? Again Plato is not Aristotle just because both were greeks does not make them the same person. Second how do you explain the Ancheint greeks lack of connection between Atlantis and the Greek Islands catastrophies, if he was talking about them wouldnt the anchient greeks pick up on the connection but we have no documentation of the kind. Third since most historians and Platos Contemporeries respected him, why would we doubt him at his word that he got the story from Egypt. Do you have evidence that Plato lied before or after?

theres plenty of evidence that Plato was a philosopher

Philosophers in case you didn't realise it teach moral lessons by the use of parables

whats the moral for atlantis ?

its got to be either "respect the Gods if you live on an impossible island" or "don't believe everything you read"

:w00t:

If History did not exist as a science then how do we know anything is true in history? Again Plato is not Aristotle just because both were greeks does not make them the same person. Second how do you explain the Ancheint greeks lack of connection between Atlantis and the Greek Islands catastrophies, if he was talking about them wouldnt the anchient greeks pick up on the connection but we have no documentation of the kind. Third since most historians and Platos Contemporeries respected him, why would we doubt him at his word that he got the story from Egypt. Do you have evidence that Plato lied before or after?

History /still/ isn't a science, nor will it ever be.

--Jaylemurph

Did Atlantis exist? Maybe in another form. Human beings on this earth may have existed in another form. That is not an unbelievable statement, but you cannot prove that. You can study and see what happens when Deuterium (heavy hydrogen) is present in large quantites in our atmosphere. Now your statement on what you think about scientists disqualifies you from any scientific answer.

• 12 years later...
On 6/12/2007 at 7:27 AM, Adama said:

lol, your american and your from texas, that explains all, and everything ive said are known by many people, people that are different from you kinds of people, thats why so many things are kept from the public.

Don’t keep trying convince yo. He’s closing his mind by thinking he’s open minded and logical. I’ve been asking the same question about agarta and Atlantis . I just started learning about archons and how our reality is being hijacked by them. I think they are the ones who made contact with humanity around the time of Atlantis. What the ppl in your comments don’t realize is there’s truth to every myth or it wouldn’t exist at all. To not exist is still existing funny how life is a big paradox. **** sounds crazy but it won’t once you look into it. Google the criminal elite and their secret alliance with artificial intelligence (archons)

30 minutes ago, JoelTheOne said:

Don’t keep trying convince yo. He’s closing his mind by thinking he’s open minded and logical. I’ve been asking the same question about agarta and Atlantis .

You just answered a 13 year old post.....Oh yes, they're both fictional.

I just started learning about archons and how our reality is being hijacked by them. I think they are the ones who made contact with humanity around the time of Atlantis.

AI made contact with people during the time of Plato? 

What the ppl in your comments don’t realize is there’s truth to every myth or it wouldn’t exist at all. To not exist is still existing funny how life is a big paradox. **** sounds crazy but it won’t once you look into it. Google the criminal elite and their secret alliance with artificial intelligence (archons)

Atlantis isn't a "myth". It was a "fable" invented by Plato. There's a big difference. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, JoelTheOne said:

Don’t keep trying convince yo. He’s closing his mind by thinking he’s open minded and logical. I’ve been asking the same question about agarta and Atlantis . I just started learning about archons and how our reality is being hijacked by them. I think they are the ones who made contact with humanity around the time of Atlantis. What the ppl in your comments don’t realize is there’s truth to every myth or it wouldn’t exist at all. To not exist is still existing funny how life is a big paradox. **** sounds crazy but it won’t once you look into it. Google the criminal elite and their secret alliance with artificial intelligence (archons)

Welcome to UM Joel. Reading your post I would suggest you might be more interest in this sub-forum:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/forum/11-conspiracies-amp-secret-societies/

• Thanks 3

Why are we rebooting such an ancient and stale thread about two places that never existed? Come on, folks. I love locking necro threads. Convince me why I should back off and let it lurch back to life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Why are we rebooting such an ancient and stale thread about two places that never existed? Come on, folks. I love locking necro threads. Convince me why I should back off and let it lurch back to life.

Harte's starved to death and started eating Hans' toes. :o

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

"Agartha" rhymes with "386 and Encarta".   Just saying....:devil: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

487AC510-E535-4E73-B6A2-B3486D3D85C7.jpeg.8c2cfdbf12e1302292885f8fbc600663.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

b47tu1t.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, Piney said:

He only had ten - all were lean

Now toeless, he knows what that means.

My hunger not sated

I seem to be fated

To open that chili (no beans.)

Though Rupert deserves some respect

I'm sure that he wouldn't reject

Being eaten by me

For it would set him free

From his prison of cumin and dreck.

Harte

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Harte said:

He only had ten - all were lean

Now toeless, he knows what that means.

My hunger not sated

I seem to be fated

To open that chili (no beans.)

Though Rupert deserves some respect

I'm sure that he wouldn't reject

Being eaten by me

For it would set him free

From his prison of cumin and dreck.

Harte

And what do Han's toes taste like? Chicken, I'd guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

And what do Han's toes taste like? Chicken, I'd guess.

Like the finest Venetian veal, fed on hummingbird's milk (very rare) and positively and gently killed by being read poetry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Like the finest Venetian veal, fed on hummingbird's milk (very rare) and positively and gently killed by being read poetry.

And you know this how ... ?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Windowpane said:

:unsure2:......Well......it happened right after Harte ate Rupert after smothering him with cumin.......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Windowpane said:

I'm sensitive

• Like 1
  • Haha 2