Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What have you seen?

peacelover

Maybe this is a question better suited for the chat room. No one seems to be there right now, so I will ask here. I am looking for books on Witness Protection, scary themes, mysteries etc. . What was the last best scary movie anyone saw? If anyone is interested in films of the scary nature but committed to film back in the black and white days. There was a film called: "The Other", I saw with my parents when I was twelve. I remember it as being scary and filled with a philosophy I call "magic". "If you really believe it can happen". Anyway I recommend the film for all of us scary movies buffs. Has anyone attended a particularly interesting lecture? Can you believe it, I still have not yet seen "Cold Water Creek"?

Thanks

Peacelover thumbsup.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Krow

• ambyglam

• peacelover

• crosswarrior

wha? im tired so i didnt really understand what ur asking but ill tell u my scary movies? i dont often get scared in movies because im immune to it all and the fact that there's music in the background and sound effects just spoils it for me. so in saying that, one of the only movies thats terrified me was the blair witch project. so many people didnt even get scared in that because of the shaky camera etc, but thats why it scared me so much. it was so real! its sometimes what u dont see which is the scary part.

i dont know if that was even on topic?

ahh well

If you want a black and white scary movie try the atmospheric Nosferatu, starring Max Schreck as Dracula.

To watch F.W. Murnau's ``Nosferatu'' (1922) is to see the vampire movie before it had really seen itself. Here is the story of Dracula before it was buried alive in cliches, jokes, TV skits, cartoons and more than 30 other films. The film is in awe of its material. It seems to really believe in vampires.

(BY ROGER EBERT)

Well I never get scared by any movies

but my current favorite scary movie is Freddy VS Jason. It's actually not scary, but it's very good. ph34r.gif

F vs. J is not scary at all...you cant even really call it a horror movie...

I do not get the oppertunity to see many movies so i am pretty much confined to books. Right now I am reading the counterfactual book "What If" Tom Clancy's

"Patriot Games," and Bram Stokers "Dracula." Along with becoming slightly addicted to this Forum grin2.gif

dont bother with dracula, its outdated and crap.

try anne rice, vampires at their best in my eyes.

oh and for scary films, try the original version of the haunting that'll make your neck hairs stand to attention!

ph34r.gif