Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flatwoods ‘monster’ might become movie

UM-Bot

user posted image rMove over, Mothman? If the money comes in to finance a movie, you might not be the only weird West Virginia creature memorialized on film. An independent filmmaker in Los Angeles says he would gladly handle a movie about the Flatwoods Monster — provided someone can put up sufficient financial backing for the project.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Register Herald

If it happens, I'd go see it.

• Like 2

I want to know how they'd do the Monster. I damn well hope it's not CGI.

“And that’s not just because of the special effects, but there’s a lot of human drama to it,” he said.

“There’s a love story and a lot of great fight sequences that use stunt people trained in fighting. There’s a message to it."

i'm not surprised the movie is taking away focus from the creature to drama, love & fight sequences.

i guess all movies have to involve that for it to be eaten up by the general movie watching public, even if it has nothing to relate to the "Flatwoods creature".

i'd prefer a documentary instead.

that way there wouldn't be "love stories" to give the impression that everybody needs "love" to feel completed like the characters in the movie.

& i doubt this love story would be anything genuine other than 2 people getting drunk & saying "i love you, i always have, blah kiss me" *childhood memory sequence*

fight scenes only imply that real entertainment is through violence.

oh, & i guess real entertainment is a pretentious softcore celebrity love scene, too.

all completely unrelated to the "Flatwoods creature".

special effects? i'm sure they'll be amazing, at least. :alien:

movies = capitaism = work of idiots, whom coin phrases like "that's hot" = mind control/knowledge stagnation/unrealistic desires/materialism = Illuminati

"The Mothman Prophecies" barely got my approval as worth seeing for relevancy to the mysterious entity.

is this movie just going to waste more of people's time, money & sanity?

if i'm coming off as just rambling, then i'll simply say, "will the movie actually focus on the creature?"

Edited by Anita Cigarette.
  • Like 1

I would love to see it on the silver screen. Not many people in my school know of the Flatwoods Monster, so it could gain some attention if it were featured in a movie.

I don't know. Sounds like it's going to be your typical 70's horror flick. It's bad enough about Hogzilla being in production as it is!

I don't know. Sounds like it's going to be your typical 70's horror flick. It's bad enough about Hogzilla being in production as it is!

Yeah, well the Flatwoods Monster isn't a Hogzilla. I can guarantee that.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, it sounds like a B-movie to me. They could make it a action/thriller instead. A monster turns good to fight for truth and justice, and the American way! :P

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't like the Mothman movie, but I would definetly go to see this movie if it's made. And yes, I too hope they do not make the monster with CGI. It makes movies look extremely fake.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I agree with most of you here, I'd go see the movie if they made it. I have been following the folklore and history behind that area for over twenty five years. I think the Native Americans may have known far more than we modern people have investigated. A main and startling fact is that much of the lush mountain greenery we love and inhabit today, they considered uninhabitable or cursed and stayed well away from. If the movie takes at least a modest stab at this history and the true events, the movie will be much better than "Mothman Prophecies".

EDIT : Did not notice the date, turns out this movie was probably never made.

Edited by OUTSIDER F-XILES