Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Galster Park

TRUSTbobmarley

Hey, Ghost Hunters!

Galster Park's new Nature Center has evening events forthcoming, where the park will be open late.

The next one is April 15 at 7:00 PM. The information is:

Start Time: 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM

Ya don't miss the water!

Film and Discussion with

Terry Young, filmmaker and advocate

A documentary film by Terry Young, about the natural history, politics, and issues with water and the San Gabriel River. The 45 minute film will be followed by a discussion with Terry Young about the issue presented in the film. This event is limited to 30 participants, please register early. Free popcorn and other refreshments included.

Presented in a humorous tone, the documentary investigates where our water comes from, who has water rights, who cleans the water, who distributes the water, and who abuses the resource.

The documentary also covers the changing water issues and distributions facing Southern California. Does financial and political power trump equitable distribution and conservation? Can the region add the projected numbers of new Californians and still live a good life - one with enough clean water? And where do the homeless go for a drink? Is there a solution?

The head of the Army Corps of Engineers, Regulations Branch, Mark Sudal; Federal Environmental Protection Agency for Southern California, Wayne Praskins; head of UCLA Environmental Health Sciences Dr. Richard Ambrose, and many others participated in this documentary."

You can register for the event at:

http://www.sgmrc.org/programs

The park will be open until 9:30 PM.

• 9 months later...

Sorry,Janelle,but that's just too much to be believed. Did you or your friend call the cops after any of this?Wouldn't anyone?

does anyone have a update?

• 2 months later...
okay so there is this wilderness park in West Covina called Galster Park whitch is supposedly haunted some guy lives at the top in a shack and hangs kids from the trees and supposedly the KKK kicks it up there and whatnot. Well the point is has anyone gone up there and if so is it really haunted?

Is it really that haunted? i really really wanna go there and see for myself.im a freak for this stuff.but im scared at the same time. update me alil.plz

Is it really that haunted? i really really wanna go there and see for myself.im a freak for this stuff.but im scared at the same time. update me alil.plz

Its a really dangerous area, muggings, rapes and the likes all occur there. If you don't know how to handle yourself in a bad area, I would suggest you don't go.

Hi, my names Lisa and i'm 13. I went to Galster Park, I think about a week ago. It's a beautiful park. It's also very creepy. I went with my current boyfriend(14) and my little brother(12). My boyfriend has been there many time before, but me and my brother, never. We entered on Aroma Dr. It was like you weren't even in West Covina anymore, its big and GREEN. I've never seen anything quite like it. My boyfriend wanted to show us "the haunted restrooms", he said a little girl got raped and murdered there. I'm not sure and neither is he, it just a legend I guess. He said the Ku Klux Klan goes there at night, that another thing we heard, a lot of gangs go there at night. No one really goes to "the haunted restrooms". It's kinda off the trail. But it's infested with tons of bee's and graffiti. There's a big hole in the cement wall. Who knows from what. It doesn't really look scary on the outside, just a normal park restroom with a lot of graffiti and a bunch of bee's. But he said there's blood stains inside, and they haven't cleaned it up much. But we were sitting in front of it, my brother(Jordan) and my boyfriend(Manny) were looking at the view, I looked back at the bathroom and I distinctly remember the screen door saying "HELLS DOORWAY", that really caught my eye. Manny started complaining that his back was hurting really bad, and he felt like a welt on it, so I lifted his shirt and there was a huge scratch on it. We didn't think much about it, but he kept complaining that it really hurts. I don't remember him falling or scratching him self on anything and neither did he. After that we went down a really steep trail, and went the "the haunted playground". People say that they see a little girl sliding down the slide, and when you look away she screams, then there appears to be blood all over the slide, then she disappears into the trees. But we went over to the swings, and there was a little girl with her mom and dad having like a little picnic. She was just playing in the sand. I noticed that in the grass that there are a bunch of pushed up dirt clods and the grass was left with a bunch of little holes in it, I found that very strange. We left after that, and we went to a nearby park in one of the apartments surrounding Galster it had the same little dirt clods as Galster. I don't know what caused that, but it's very weird. Email/reply if you have any questions, i'm going to try to visit there again some time soon. Oh, and i found this picture on www.photobucket.com it right next to "the haunted restrooms".

-Lisa

post-86133-1237750154_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, my girlfriend had looked up Galster Park on Shadowlands.net and thought that it was an interesting place to visit. My girlfriend, believe it or not, seems to be a little keen to spirits, specifically child spirits, which is why Galster Park peaked her interest. So we decided to go there last night around 8:30-9:30 PM. Now when we drove up the hill to the entrance of Galster Park, we did notice that the street light right in front of the entrance was flickering on and off, which is known to be a sign of spirits being present. As she drove up to the entrance, she started feeling really warm, almost to the point of feeling hot, like burning up inside, which freaked her out. As soon as she felt that feeling, she made a three point turn and peeled down the hill. I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about because I didn't feel anything, but I believed her. After we went down the hill and calmed down, she said to me, "I need to go back up there". So this time I drove up the hill and let her take a few pictures of the Galster Park sign and another picture right at the entrance gate, and what she saw made her gasp. Currently, I'm unable to transfer the photo from her camera to my computer, but I kid you not, what we saw in the picture appeared to be the form of a child standing right behind the gate entrance. In the particular picture, it looks as if we are able to see the child's lower and upper body, but we cannot make out a head. Also, the figure looks as if it's wearing an orange or red jacket/sweater, but the color is only on the sleeves, like as if it was a letterman's jacket. Upon further looking at the picture, I was also able to see what appeared to be his shoes, which were the same color as his jacket/sweater. Now, me and my girlfriend don't know if the picture we took caught the spirit of the child or a sign that was partially blocked by a tree or branch in front of it, but let me tell you, when we both agreed on what we both saw, it freaked the both of us out. I want to go back during the day just to see what we might have taken a picture of, but she's so frightened that she doesn't want to go back. She had a nightmare tonight, but she won't tell me what it was at the moment. I can't sleep because I'm worried about her, but for those of you who have been there and have been talking about the park, I will upload the picture as soon as I get the cord, so you all can see what we're seeing...We've both been talking and want to go back, but nothing is for sure at the moment.

So, my girlfriend had looked up Galster Park on Shadowlands.net and thought that it was an interesting place to visit. My girlfriend, believe it or not, seems to be a little keen to spirits, specifically child spirits, which is why Galster Park peaked her interest. So we decided to go there last night around 8:30-9:30 PM. Now when we drove up the hill to the entrance of Galster Park, we did notice that the street light right in front of the entrance was flickering on and off, which is known to be a sign of spirits being present. As she drove up to the entrance, she started feeling really warm, almost to the point of feeling hot, like burning up inside, which freaked her out. As soon as she felt that feeling, she made a three point turn and peeled down the hill. I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about because I didn't feel anything, but I believed her. After we went down the hill and calmed down, she said to me, "I need to go back up there". So this time I drove up the hill and let her take a few pictures of the Galster Park sign and another picture right at the entrance gate, and what she saw made her gasp. Currently, I'm unable to transfer the photo from her camera to my computer, but I kid you not, what we saw in the picture appeared to be the form of a child standing right behind the gate entrance. In the particular picture, it looks as if we are able to see the child's lower and upper body, but we cannot make out a head. Also, the figure looks as if it's wearing an orange or red jacket/sweater, but the color is only on the sleeves, like as if it was a letterman's jacket. Upon further looking at the picture, I was also able to see what appeared to be his shoes, which were the same color as his jacket/sweater. Now, me and my girlfriend don't know if the picture we took caught the spirit of the child or a sign that was partially blocked by a tree or branch in front of it, but let me tell you, when we both agreed on what we both saw, it freaked the both of us out. I want to go back during the day just to see what we might have taken a picture of, but she's so frightened that she doesn't want to go back. She had a nightmare tonight, but she won't tell me what it was at the moment. I can't sleep because I'm worried about her, but for those of you who have been there and have been talking about the park, I will upload the picture as soon as I get the cord, so you all can see what we're seeing...We've both been talking and want to go back, but nothing is for sure at the moment.

wow now i cant wait to see it

• 2 weeks later...

Unless we see pics, it's just another story...

I used to live across Azusa from Galster Park. In fact, in the late 70's, I used to play little baseball there. The Park was closed as they were planning on residential development and forced San Jose little League to move to Shadow Oak. I found it peculiar that they moved us out so quick and it just sat...and sat...and sat. I need to research this and find out what happened. Oddly, this is the first time i have heard of it being haunted.

AK

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman! :huh:

Anyways, here's what I have been able to find on the location.

The West covina Police dept has no record of a murder or rape happening in that area.

The City of West Covina Owns the property and budget meetings discuss renovations and security budget as well as a naature center.

2006-2007 West Covina City Budget with security and renovation plans for Galster Park.

City of West Covina Rehap Plans for Galser Park

The supposed "house" where crazy child rapist/muderer lived, is the nature center the city built to bring in visitors.

The San Gabriel Valley Park Systems Galster Park Site

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman! :huh:

Anyways, here's what I have been able to find on the location.

The West covina Police dept has no record of a murder or rape happening in that area.

The City of West Covina Owns the property and budget meetings discuss renovations and security budget as well as a naature center.

2006-2007 West Covina City Budget with security and renovation plans for Galster Park.

City of West Covina Rehap Plans for Galser Park

The supposed "house" where crazy child rapist/muderer lived, is the nature center the city built to bring in visitors.

The San Gabriel Valley Park Systems Galster Park Site

LOL. Good stuff Paul.

I figured this was all bull a long time ago...

Seriously, some of these "true" stories have more holes than a sponge. Not even *good* ghost stories about this place. LOL

The reason i stoped having birthday parties there was because on the third year my mom was filming when out of nowhere a little girl no one claimed to know was sitting in the slide as she goes to slide down, she screams and theres blood all over the slide, when you go to look the little girl disapears.

So where's the film?

Edited by SCARLET1

• 3 weeks later...

so this last week my boyfriend and his cousins and I went to Galster Park.

I live in azusa so the park was only like 10minutes away and we had just gotten back from his uncles funeral service.

Idk what made them want to go to a scary haunted park but we did. First night we were just all hyped up but we didnt really see or hear anything.

The next night we had to jump the gate and we went walking through a different path and this time we heard a small voice say "help me" twice and we really freaked out so we left.

We went back again and this time we heard a small child scream. We were looking for the shack and I guess whatever ghosts or spirits were there were getting mad. We heard "help me" again but in a more demonic voice.

The last night I didnt go but my bf did and he said that they arrived at the play ground and the swings started to move. everytime they would get closer they would swing violently.

They heard voices again demonic and childlike.

Idk.

• 7 months later...

anybody have any more pictures or video footage?

my friend,her girlfriend and I went there earlier today [it was already getting really dark,there was hardly any light]

We didn't see any thing weird.

But I did feel like someone was following/watching us

Something that wasn't right.

Even our dogs were acting strange.

We might do some more investigating

• 5 months later...

Lets talk about Galister park in West Covina as I grew up there and was perhaps one of the last Recreation Leaders who had a summer program there back in the late 70s there are a couple of things that get this subject going and I will fill you in on what I know

One: In the seventies the city of West Covina had a over night camp out at the park for all children from I think age five and up in those days we would charge them a real small amount for dinner and breakfast and we had a good turn out every year however we wanted to keep the kids on the top of the area there by the rest rooms because there were steep hills and poison ivy there so a tradition that I guess years later started and we would have these games to wear out the kids and would tell them ghost stories about all the bad stuff that happened to kids that wandered off. I guess one year after I left they had a story about a park ranger who got burned pretty bad and did not like kids out in his forest at night. About one AM a recreation leader dressed up like a zombie ran through the camp area scaring the hell out of the kids and the end result was they almost got sued and the over night camp thing was ended. This was before all the fear of child abuse and for a lot of kids (Myself included) it was the first time sleep8ing out under the stars and a good time.. this is where some of the stories came from

Two: The park sit next to what was a chemical dump and god knows what was kept in the dump. So powerful was the lobby that the state closed it one day and the feds reopened it the next day. The toxins from that dump I am sure have come up through the soil and could cause people to see just about anything there was medical waste and very toxic waste from the area an unlike the area with houses it falls under a different code so this can happen

Three: Yes there are some strange things happening there but it is more like drug dealers and other bad elements. The city closed the park down and for years people have been sneaking in and the ones sneaking in at night are a very bad element

Four: There are huge power lines in the area from diamond bar and hacienda park and West Covina itself and this is why phones go crazy when you add to this the toxic area this could make people feel strange and see things there.

The sad thing it was at one time a great place for kids and part of my childhood I hope someday it can be that way again

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I'm 15 and I live in La Puente for 7 years or more, but I've never heard anything about this until today on Facebook.

Why always these haunted location topics get attention of 1 time posters who post wild stories about the location? Do they want to write new internet urban legend or what? Everyone goes one step further with more imaginary story claiming more things, and I see a pattern where next one time poster takes elements from the previous stories building them up, and then next comes to take previous elements to build it up and badam! You got growing stupid internet forum urban legend.

I am sick of these topics. It would help a lot if these stories were written well.

• 7 months later...

Ok I'm gonna go ahead and call bull on this one guys i've been to Galster Park many times after dark i've stayed an entire night in the park and have heard nothing the little footsteps you hear are rabbits. Don't get me wrong the park is spooky and whatnot but not haunted i've been in the park sober, and high, and have seen heard and felt nothing the park has cameras and mics scattered around the park to keep a look out for people trying to vandalize the park, and the West Covina Police monitor them i've come out while a cop was sitting outside the bottom entrance asking us who's the one afraid of spiders, when we were at the top of the hill a female friend of mine said she was scared to be bit by a spider don't worry its still a great story :D

• 2 years later...

i went there back in 2012 it was a friday night me and some friends went to a party and after when it was shut down we decided to go to galster park at this time it was around 1:30-2 am

so we get there idk what entrance it was where we were but it there was a veery high gate 4 of my friends jumped over and i stayed with a guy friend outside in the truck.. well while my friend and i were talking and checking out the outside of the park and looking at the view which was really awesome..! we noticed that our friends where gone for an hour already so we tried calling them and they answered but the service was bad it sounded like when ur talking to someone on a walkie talkie and then someone else interrupts ur signal well we hanged up and called again all we herd was "turn on the head lights" !!!! so we did we parked right in front of the gate and turned the lights on and honked hoping our friends heard us.. next thing we know we see them running towards us but we seen there ware more running behind them.. so we got freaked out we got out the car and helped them jump the gate over and we asked them that what took so long they said they had gotten lost but ended up finding more kids on the was back the others were stoned out they said they have been stuck there for couple of hours they heard things and didnt find they're way back so they just sat there and blazed it till they saw my friends... when we got in the truck to go home we seen the other people they found walking away but then when we looked back we didnt see them any more.... creepy..! and till this day we don't know if they were real or they just ran somewhere or what but its just creepy..! :o

even more when it 2-3 AM

• 1 year later...

These stories are all too funny! None of them are true! I live right next to the park, I hike every morning before work by myself with head phones on, or after work before they close the park gates. Yes, you hear, and see lizards go in between the trees, and dried up leaves. There is no Shack up there, I have taken my dog up there, and he loves it too. My roommates and I have gone up there late in the evening, and I have caught some awesome pictures up there overlooking the city. The graffiti made my pictures a great picture. I have driven up and down that hill next to the park because it takes me straight to Mt. Sac. I ALWAYS HIKE ALONE! And there is no way to get lost up there either. As far as the phone receptions goes, there is bad reception up there no matter what company you have! These stories make no sense, and are not even believable. "A" FOR EFFORT GUYS! LOL! :tu::tsu:

• Like 1

These stories are all too funny! None of them are true! I live right next to the park, I hike every morning before work by myself with head phones on, or after work before they close the park gates. Yes, you hear, and see lizards go in between the trees, and dried up leaves. There is no Shack up there, I have taken my dog up there, and he loves it too. My roommates and I have gone up there late in the evening, and I have caught some awesome pictures up there overlooking the city. The graffiti made my pictures a great picture. I have driven up and down that hill next to the park because it takes me straight to Mt. Sac. I ALWAYS HIKE ALONE! And there is no way to get lost up there either. As far as the phone receptions goes, there is bad reception up there no matter what company you have! These stories make no sense, and are not even believable. "A" FOR EFFORT GUYS! LOL! :tu::tsu:

So is the part of it being a crime filled area also wrong? You made it sound like a really nice place lol

• 2 years later...

it is now 2018 and i barely seen this but me and my cousin did explore and yes there is paranormal activity there but the shack got burned down