Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

NME_locus

Great NME.

I wish I knew of a very haunted place near where I live. The closest thing that happened to me was when I investigated at the manor with my diguital cam. I had 18 minutes of battery left when I arrived and no more than 5 minutes later it was dead. Not as strong as your thing but you get the point.

The manor is the only place where I feel nervous just like you. Even if I'm with several people, the place deeply affects me. At first when I went there it was ok but the more I went, the more uncomfortable I'd get. Today, I just have that feeling I shouldn't go inside again but for Christ sake, I'll do it.

That overpass looks purely freaking. I'd never go there alone.

Salut JayMark! Connaitrais-tu un endroit intéressant à investiguer pas trop loin de Montréal???

Merci!!!

It looks from that list of haunted places on Shadowlands.net that almost every school in the US is haunted.

hmmm

• 6 months later...

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this discussion, but I've lived in Humble all of my life. I can almost tell you Humble's complete History starting from Pleasant Humble's ferry across the San Jacinto river. I live in the neighborhood behind what everyone is calling the old dollar theater. My grandfather was the principal at Humble Elementary School for over 30 years. (just accross the tracks from the theater on Charles street) I live two houses down from the house I grew up on in on 2nd street, in which (since I've been reading these posts on "The Evil Bypass") I saw described to a t in another post and reported to be haunted supposedly by someone who once lived there that "pictured an old white couple living there." (not true, my parents moved out of it about 13 years ago and we still own it and rent it out)(oh they are white lol)

Guys, the cemetery wasn't moved, the railroad tracks pre-date it, and my brother and I used to roll our tonka trucks, and ride our bigwheels down "The Evil Bypass" while it was still under construction. The cemetery is where its always been, they ran the bypass beside it in the mid to late 70's. I can still remember when they opened Golf n Games, (aka, the demonic church) it was the most awesome thing in my life at the time and I wish I had all the money back I spent there. For those of you who have trecked to the now famous spot I'm sure you noticed the small dirt road that runs beside it, (it goes to charles street, aka my hood) my uncle and his family lived in a trailer right across from the g n g parking lot. Not only did I stay in that trailer with my cousin (and never heard any screams) sometimes, me and my brother camped in the graveyard, sometimes together and sometimes alone and were never bothered by apparitions. I've slept in the concrete structure and had some of the best bb gun wars of my life in there. Went on my first snipe hunting expedition as well.

Back in the day, "The Old Dollar Theater" was THE theater in Humble. Before there was only the Jewel theater on mainstreet which burned down and now, only the sign remains as our own little historical marker. (theres a park where the theater was) The dollar theater was the amc 6, and the cruising spot for every sixteen to 20 y/o within miles. The Pancho's was Web's Liqour (where I got Earl Campbel's autograph, luv ya blue lol) and on down the sidewalk across the alley, we had a well beaten path through the weeds on both sides of the tracks to Golf n Games. They were the only hang out spots for kids, so we went back and forth like ants. No ghosts, no demons, no nothing. (I am a believer) but You're barking up the wrong tree. The reason I can tell you this (and this is funny) is because the stories I'm reading about are all variations of stories my older brother and his friends made up to scare me, then I embelished on and told to my younger brother to scare him and his friends. I don't know when people started throwing in the movie theater and golf n games, I still know people that worked there, and it's laughable. What's really laughable is that people are blaming the demise of the strip center on ghosts and demons, sorry guy's, it was development, it all started going down hill when Deerbrook mall hit the scene, at the same time, business went corporate rather than local, Highway 59 widened and the new investors went up and down it and the new 1960 bypass surrounding the mall, ie....Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Discount Tire, Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, Chili's, the list goes on and on. I know this is boring, but sometimes I guess the truth is. As I said before, I am a believer, but the stories aren't true.

If anyone is interested, I can tell you about the "little girl" that someone in an earlier post said was killed there. She wasn't killed there she was dumped there and is the only true horrific story I know of about the cemetery, and I will only talk about it with respect as she was a friend of mine. I'm not trying to say anyone is not telling the truth about their experiences, but the mind can play tricks on people that are ready to believe, especially people walking in a wooded cemetery at night.

I'm willing to answer any questions anyone might have about the cemetery or any other place in Humble, I'm not trying to upset anyone, I think it's cool that its turned into this.

Hey, Stalker my home is near 4th street and I been near that dirt road going over the train tracks in order to walk to ponchos when I was little and not old enough to drive. I remember one time when I went that way I herd a tin can being kicked when I turned around nothing was their so I thought it was my imagination because I had just read the story's on Shadowland about the Overpass being haunted and me being a ten year old kid I thought it was just me letting my imagination running wild.

However,I also got a strange felling; when I went to the old Dollar theater in town it give me the creeps. Also, I remember going near bender high school it shame that the city doesn't keep that place nice looking it always gives me the creeps when I go pass it because of how scary it looks. I gave my sister my ghost hunting equipment to go their one evening and supposedly she got some interesting stuff but she didn't do her proper deduction silks thought.

I thought the jewel theater was the first theater in Humble, since I have someone who use to live in Humble who new John Lambert and was raised their she is like in her 80's know but it interesting to get to known the history of my town from her.

Oh and about the school things I would imagination every school has a few tells about the unexplained because Kids like to make up stuff to make their school look cooler.

I used to live on Herman street, directly across from the dogrun that goes between the old gym and the main building, it does look creepy but that place for sure isn't haunted. My old house was on the corner but is torn down now. How old are you now, or I guess how long have you been in the neighborhood? Are you related to anyone that's been here for a while. My sister got married at Lambert's house in his yard back in the 80's. I think it's funny that people are driving from all over to check out the theater, the Jewel was first, but as far as modern off mainstreet theaters go, there was the one that was in the skating rink parking lot then the amc (or haunted dollar theater) then "The Commons" by olive garden (now is movie tavern) then deerbrook. The only thing I can say is nothing has ever happened to me out at the cemetery, or any of the other places spoken of and I spent a lot of time at each. I should start a ghost tour, lol. I can see where people might find it exciting to come to a place that they heard is haunted, (not knowing) that it's all pumped up and over inflated b.s.!! Did you ever go in the Cemetery yourself?

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this discussion, but I've lived in Humble all of my life. I can almost tell you Humble's complete History starting from Pleasant Humble's ferry across the San Jacinto river. I live in the neighborhood behind what everyone is calling the old dollar theater. My grandfather was the principal at Humble Elementary School for over 30 years. (just accross the tracks from the theater on Charles street) I live two houses down from the house I grew up on in on 2nd street, in which (since I've been reading these posts on "The Evil Bypass") I saw described to a t in another post and reported to be haunted supposedly by someone who once lived there that "pictured an old white couple living there." (not true, my parents moved out of it about 13 years ago and we still own it and rent it out)(oh they are white lol)

Guys, the cemetery wasn't moved, the railroad tracks pre-date it, and my brother and I used to roll our tonka trucks, and ride our bigwheels down "The Evil Bypass" while it was still under construction. The cemetery is where its always been, they ran the bypass beside it in the mid to late 70's. I can still remember when they opened Golf n Games, (aka, the demonic church) it was the most awesome thing in my life at the time and I wish I had all the money back I spent there. For those of you who have trecked to the now famous spot I'm sure you noticed the small dirt road that runs beside it, (it goes to charles street, aka my hood) my uncle and his family lived in a trailer right across from the g n g parking lot. Not only did I stay in that trailer with my cousin (and never heard any screams) sometimes, me and my brother camped in the graveyard, sometimes together and sometimes alone and were never bothered by apparitions. I've slept in the concrete structure and had some of the best bb gun wars of my life in there. Went on my first snipe hunting expedition as well.

Back in the day, "The Old Dollar Theater" was THE theater in Humble. Before there was only the Jewel theater on mainstreet which burned down and now, only the sign remains as our own little historical marker. (theres a park where the theater was) The dollar theater was the amc 6, and the cruising spot for every sixteen to 20 y/o within miles. The Pancho's was Web's Liqour (where I got Earl Campbel's autograph, luv ya blue lol) and on down the sidewalk across the alley, we had a well beaten path through the weeds on both sides of the tracks to Golf n Games. They were the only hang out spots for kids, so we went back and forth like ants. No ghosts, no demons, no nothing. (I am a believer) but You're barking up the wrong tree. The reason I can tell you this (and this is funny) is because the stories I'm reading about are all variations of stories my older brother and his friends made up to scare me, then I embelished on and told to my younger brother to scare him and his friends. I don't know when people started throwing in the movie theater and golf n games, I still know people that worked there, and it's laughable. What's really laughable is that people are blaming the demise of the strip center on ghosts and demons, sorry guy's, it was development, it all started going down hill when Deerbrook mall hit the scene, at the same time, business went corporate rather than local, Highway 59 widened and the new investors went up and down it and the new 1960 bypass surrounding the mall, ie....Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Discount Tire, Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, Chili's, the list goes on and on. I know this is boring, but sometimes I guess the truth is. As I said before, I am a believer, but the stories aren't true.

If anyone is interested, I can tell you about the "little girl" that someone in an earlier post said was killed there. She wasn't killed there she was dumped there and is the only true horrific story I know of about the cemetery, and I will only talk about it with respect as she was a friend of mine. I'm not trying to say anyone is not telling the truth about their experiences, but the mind can play tricks on people that are ready to believe, especially people walking in a wooded cemetery at night.

I'm willing to answer any questions anyone might have about the cemetery or any other place in Humble, I'm not trying to upset anyone, I think it's cool that its turned into this.

Hey, Stalker my home is near 4th street and I been near that dirt road going over the train tracks in order to walk to ponchos when I was little and not old enough to drive. I remember one time when I went that way I herd a tin can being kicked when I turned around nothing was their so I thought it was my imagination because I had just read the story's on Shadowland about the Overpass being haunted and me being a ten year old kid I thought it was just me letting my imagination running wild.

However,I also got a strange felling; when I went to the old Dollar theater in town it give me the creeps. Also, I remember going near bender high school it shame that the city doesn't keep that place nice looking it always gives me the creeps when I go pass it because of how scary it looks. I gave my sister my ghost hunting equipment to go their one evening and supposedly she got some interesting stuff but she didn't do her proper deduction silks thought.

I thought the jewel theater was the first theater in Humble, since I have someone who use to live in Humble who new John Lambert and was raised their she is like in her 80's know but it interesting to get to known the history of my town from her.

Oh and about the school things I would imagination every school has a few tells about the unexplained because Kids like to make up stuff to make their school look cooler.

Sorry Ryinrea, I replied but I think I hit the reply on my own comment, It's up anyway lmao. Hit me back, It's interesting that we live so close, just wondering if we know each other.

Hey stalker, I did reply too you Via Pm since I was going to give personal information away. And that is against the rules of the forum.

• 1 month later...

i am honestly suprised to see this on the internet. i grew up on north houston avenue in an old farm house apprx. 200 yards from the remains of the old negro cemetery. if you google the road you will see that the road continues after the intersection after 1960, you can see for yourself if you are in the area, it is the red light with a cheveron, texaco, car shop and pawn shop, head north and you will see the small neighborhood im speaking of.

in saying all of this, my entire childhood was filled with frightening, "encounters" this home was built in the early 1900's and was purchased by my grandfather for my grandmother and moved to this location in the 50's. since that time my grandmother, aunt, mother, and cousins have backed up my encounters with similar stories.

encounters such as, very significant footsteps down a small hallway leading to the homes only bathroom.

hearing old music 20's-30's era in the early and late 90's. no one in the house had a radio on at the time

a woman playing a piano throughout the house.

leading up the stairs an extreme cold spot, next to a shelf on the stairway "later finding out through county and city records that a supposed hanging occured in that very spot"

on the property "close to 4 acres" in several sheds, horse stables etc you could hear tools clang, sounding like they were being used. when inspected no one was even in the vecenity of the sheds.

at night on several occasions seeing what seemed to be people walking in and out of the sheds, again when inspected, no foot prints nor any evidence of a theif.

there are many more occurences, too many to sit and type on here, but i thought i would say my 2 cents especially living so close to the area, until my early teens i wasnt even aware of the cemetary being so close, until then i was just a typical child "monster under the bed" like anyone else. however now a grown man i cant help but wonder what if these were spirits somehow attached to the cemetery? please do not make light of this area, i personally do not believe it is an evil area, i made it through almost 2 decades without anything "jumping out and getting me" but there odd things that occur there.

now to you folks that will make rude and disrespectful comments, i will ask politely to keep any vulger opinions to yourself. i have served in our military, currently am a c/o for a prison in another state "thus meaning i have passed a phsyc exam on more than one occasion" so i feel in my heart im just your normal average joe. that just so happens to believe that i have come in contact with spirits that are lost and still not at peace, "research the way the deceased were treated during burial, or find an old humblite to tell you. this person must be 60 or older, just trust me."

and for you researchers, i respect what you do, i dont wish to critisize your methods, but if you want to truely experience something my peace of advice would be. go in the still of the night, leave your ipads blackberrys and recorders at home, walk into the woods with your flashlight, you might not see physical evidence like you want to prove "ghosts and goblns exist" but if you believe in a good, and an evil, you can feel the heaviness of the area, poverty stricten, sick, and exausted people treated like animals, and maybe you will FEEL what i have explained, if all else fails. "tell little will your there to play and you are a nice person, take a pocket full of gum" maybe you will feel it then.

thank you for allowing me to share

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hey me and my friend and my dad went down on the train tracks this night and we heard if you use cigarettes and connect them lightly together at the tips and if it moves inward outward up or down then that means there is paranormal activity near. And we tried it and it did happen. i got pushed back several times. we took pictures and got several red dots out of no where there were cops there and we asked them if we could talk to them on camera saying what had happened but he said nobody likes talking about this and that he would not talk about it which made me very suspicious the cops said two kids dug up bodies and used the skulls for a bong around last year and they said more paranormal activity has happened and he advised us not to go in that deep we also talked to the manger of pancho's but he did not want to talk about that with us he was very mad when we bought that up to him. if anybody has any stories i would love to hear them please.......

I'm not sure if they ever found the skull. It was a Kingwood kid, real burnout, who did it. You can find a news report on YouTube.

Humble cops have really toughened up over the last few years, and that's a high traffic overpass, so I wouldn't screw around out there.

Edit: Wouldn't surprise me if someone from HPD is monitoring this thread. Crime isn't too bad here and the cops all seem pretty bored. One guy I see at Chic-fil-et all the time, eating and surfing on his laptop during his lunch break.

Edited by OriginalGuest

As an aside, I used to go to that dollar theater all the time. I watched Face/Off there seven times just because I could. If it was haunted, I never noticed, and I must have spent countless hours alone in darkened theaters.

The same goes for Golf 'n Games. The only creepy thing there was the Old West hangman's platform on the outside putt-putt course.

(I actually rediscovered this thread looking for pictures of the old place for nostalgia's sake.)

Yeah, this place is no joke, a friend of mine told me about it and i decided to go and investigate it myself. I went with my friend and a family member last week around 11:00PM. I did not experience any paranomial activity or see any ghost, but I will say this place gave me the creeps. I am somewhat skeptical when it comes to stuff like this, but this place does not seem right. I did notice alot of broken beer bottles and trash within the cemetary, which is sad, there is no respect for the dead. The fact is that this is a resting place for the dead and that is how it should be. I do warn if you go, please have some respect for the dead burried out there. Also there are alot of homeless people around that area, none of them said or messed with us, but if you do go, please do not go by yourself. This cemetary is VERY strange, so just be careful if you go. I did notice alot of businesses that were closed up in the shopping center near the cemetary. Petco and Panchos Mexican Resturant are about the only businesses that are open. This is strange, because this is located in a busy area of Humble. If the post above are true about the business closing due to hauntings, then it sure does look like they are right. Why are so many shops in that shopping strip vacant? I also counted about three cop cars patrolling the area. This may be due to the heavy traffic of people who are checking out this cemetary. Please note that this cemetary has a gate with a sign that says NO TRESPASSING, if you are caught you will be in some trouble. I am also hearing a rumor from a good source about a haunting that is occuring in Humble along Smith Rode. I do not know all the details, but I will investigate these claims and see if it is worth mentioning on this form.

I'd like to hear more about that last one.

The AMC theater moved to the mall; the Kmart left to expand, as did the Michaels. That place was okay for the '80s and early '90s, but times change. The commercial focus of Humble is now elsewhere, and there just isn't enough business coming in to that tiny shopping center to justify the high overhead. And besides, Panchos and Petsmart have been there for years, as have several businesses along the tracks elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

Who was the little girl found dead there? Just curious. I grew up a few miles down the railroad tracks from there starting in 1966. Forest Cove. We used to jump on the train at hamblin road and jump back off in Humble, right about where the cemetery is. My brother and I stumbled on the cemetery some 35+ years ago. You couldn't even see it because it was all grown over with weeds and foilage. Completely forgotten and neglected for who knows how many decades. At least 35+ years. A few years back I decide to go look for the old forgotten cemetery after all these years. I found it in the same exact condition it was in 35+ years earlier. You wouldn't even know it was there, it was so grown over. But what I also found there was a make shift dwelling where some low life transient or transients were living, made out of trash like old plywood, cardboard and what ever they could find, hundreds of empty food cans, beer cans and garbage all around it. Just off of the railroad track far enough to where you couldn't see it. Probably been there for years. Pretty scary stuff for these type individuals to be living in the Humble community and no one even know anything about it. I reported it to the Humble police dept and fire dept and also complained to the Humble Observer about the condition of the old cemetery and the transients living in it. Within a week they ran a story in the Humble Observer about the cemetery and then I think channel 11 also ran a story on it. Eventually it was all cleaned up by a local church group and I think a road put it that leads to it. But anyway, you seem to know so much about the Humble history, I was wondering if there has ever been a tombstone identified for Pleasant Smith Humble? I know he went to live with his sister Elizabeth Humble Chance sometime between 1910 and 1915. Hardin Co, Silsbee Texas, died there 1915. What do you know about that? Appreciate you sharing what you know of the Old Negro Cemetery!

• 3 weeks later...

SCARYYYYYYYY I LIVE IN HOUSTON

First of all, I just wanted to fill you guys in on a place I went to. I'm not asking for opinions nor am I trying to prove anything...this is just what I know happend. If you want to jump into the topic..<b>Here's the link about the area : but read below to find exactly where story is located.</b>

Scroll past all the cities til you see <b>Houston</b>, after that, scroll a few lines past that and the city is called <b>Humble, Texas : 1960 Overpass</b>...you will realized the next few stories following it are different buildings, but at the same location.

<a href="http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm" target="_blank">http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm</a>

Ok, after I left work (where I mostly post from) I went home to gather a few things to go on an investigation. I don't have much equipment exept the general requirements such as Digital Camera, Digital Voice Recorder, and LED Flashlite with Red lense (which I preferred just brite light because I was spooked out.) I figured white light is purest for this occassion because Red look too eeirefor my current mood. HAha What a wus I am. The other members I usually asked to go with me were tied up do to family and wife reasons. (wife did not let him go play)

Anyways, I drove around 45 minutes to a supposedly extremely haunted place. This area is outside Houston, Texas. From what I have heard, everything around the area is active. All the buildings are said to be closed down due to this activity. So, as I drove there, I exited the off ramp and it does a u-turn underneath where there are railroad tracks. So when I spotted the Tracks, I looked around and i drove dead smack into it and didn't even realize this. The freakiest thing I saw was a church, because it has been abondoned from what I saw because the chains on the front door and from what i have read about it. They did not mentioned that there would be a giant white cross in front of the church doors. It looked more like it was there to deter evil spirits instead of a cross that symbolizes a church. Also, the Movie theater, miniture golf and wharhouse are all shut down due to enexplained events. Now to see a church scared enough to shut down is spooky.

Interesting part is, I had a sense of chest pains, like a stress or anxiety attack. Might be a vibe frim all the negative energy, might not. Who knows. N-E ways, it was a overwhelming feeling, you know that feeling when your nervous, and as much as i tried to hold my composure, evry hair on my body stood straight up. The area was built over a confederate cemetery and some of the bodies were unearth during the cinstuction prcess and no took the extra effert in cautiosly and consideratly bury the bodies back carefully. instead, they wrecklessly relocated in to the woods surrounding area. It is said that walking Corpses can be seen walikng around. I tried to snap some photo of the area for you guys, but my batteries in my Digital Camera went dead. This is strange because I spent all day charging them. Everyone knows if you use regular batteris in a digital does not last long, so i am always prepared. I use High Powered Energizer Rechargable Nickel-metal Hydride. Those give me at least 70 pictures on my memory card or about 8 three minute video clips. anyways, i powered the camera on, and it died. Tried it again, battery died, so I switched batteries to the other ones i charged also just hours earlier. They died also. Maybe this is dure to some Electro manetic field. i would not know what else to explain...don't say I didn't charge them correctly, because I have the Indicater light that tells me they're charged. That's not the case because I'm home now, and checking to see if moisture or humidty made it doe this....it turns on...no problem now. Batteries are find.........

I will try to go back, but I'm taking a few friends...anyone else from Houston Area interested in going next time I go....regardless I'll post update.

<b>Here's the link about the area : but read below to find exactly where story is located.</b>

Scroll past all the cities til you see <b>Houston</b>, after that, scroll e few lines past that and the city is called <b>Humble, Texas : 1960 Overpass</b>...you will realized the next few stories following it are different builings, but at the same location.

<a href="http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm" target="_blank">http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm</a>

ActuallyI'll just copy and paste the info, but the link is to at least varify it does exist since I failed to provide photos, Which I will try to do again...

<b>Humble - 1960 Over Pass Area/Train Track </b> - The East 1960 overpass is now built over what was once a cemetery. The overpass was built to cross a set of train tracks. Workers dug up the cemetery and moved it to the woods beside it. Now It is a extremely evil area. Several business?s along the tracks have reported violent disturbances. There was a Putt Putt course along the tracks in the area that became a church, when the church would be closed in the night demonic screams could be heard from inside. The woods are very active as well, There are images seen floating through the woods as well as red lights, which are believed to be a gateway into pure evil.

<b>Humble - Old Golf and Games </b> - This area is now a church but was abandon for years only a haven to cults and ghosts. The ghosts here are the result of being disturbed by man moving their graves. About 97 percent of every sighting in this area the ghost appear as a rotting corpse. There?s a bench just outside the building where every night there a white figure that sits on the far side of the bench. The figure is that of a human. The corpse like ghosts can also be seen in the woods across from the building wandering through the turned over gravestones and fallen church. IF YOU ATEMPT TO GO TO THIS AREA PLEASE USE EXTREAME CAUTION, THERE HAVE BEEN MURDERS AND BODIES UNCOVERED IN THE WOODS.

<b>Humble - Old Dollar Theater </b> - This Theater is located along a area believed to be haunted by demons and demonic forces. It is part of the 1960 overpass haunting. The workers of the theater would be attacked by the evil entity. It would throw things at them and corner them with shadows. The theater was once blessed with holy water and a cross was put in the projection booth, but everyday the cross was moved from on booth to another unexplained. Some mornings the person who was opening would hear voices from the projection rooms, and footsteps outside the hall. There was one morning when the projectionist went in and found the word "SATIN" carved in the wall of projection booth 2, this booth was where most of the bang and violent attacks occurred.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the site and was wondering if the movie theater is still there and how people have gotten inside it. I'm going to the Continental Plaza anyways (Use to go there all the time cause I went to the school right next to it.) and thought it would be a nice side trip if it was still there. I don't think I'll be going to the cemetery though. I don't like the idea of anything following me home or making anything upset.

Anyone know of anywhere else around the area that is kinda creepy?

• 2 weeks later...

It's still there. I think they get in by climbing through the ticket booth. After Ike and some renovation in the area though, I'm not sure if you can still do that.

Spooky? The old high school near main street, I guess, but you can't go in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt highly that the place is haunted because graves were moved. Thats a very old superstition regarding cemeteries, if that were the case, we'd hear stores of judges being haunted by spirits of those they signed orders of exhumation for re examination in old cases etc.

Its a fun ghost story though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, my name is James, I actually come from this area of Humble and thought I would share some pretty interesting information I acquired while researching / Investigating the Overpass, Cemetary, Church, and Dollar theatre. I haven't gotten to read too many new posts since i'm in a bit of a rush right now however, so sorry if I seem to just butt in.

About 3 Years ago, maybe 4, Me and my friend Abraham decided to research the area before going, and we did so by talking to some friendly folks at the old humble museum, figuring that they would have at least a little information on the hauntings or whatever. We even brought a video camera to film us talking to the woman who had the info. She did confirm that the cemetary was haunted and gave us a story a woman told her who went, we believe she was speaking of herself. She said the woman drove behind the home depot (DIRECTLY in front of the cemetary) to check out the woods, didnt walk in. She heard a little girl calling for her Mommy over and over...and the voice seemed to get closer each time. She looked in her car thinking her little girl may have snuck in, but no girl was there. She then decided to leave.

Upon asking her about the church in or near the woods, she QUICKLY shot it down saying "what church? There was never a church, and you should never go in those woods." VERY sternly. Then she refused to talk any more about the subject.

We decided to check out the cemetary mid day so we could get a basic layout. So we followed the tracks into the woods, about 100 yards in. Then we decided to enter (with video camera in hand). We had to climb through this VERY old barbed wire fence, kept walking, wondering if we should not go much further with the indication of it being someones property. But we continued. We came across what seemed to be a small shanty villiage (Which happens to be about 100-200 yards from the edge of the graveyard to the north. We stopped to check if anyone was there. Nothing. As we continued towards the shanty, I saw what appeared to be a dead body on top of a very old and worn down mattress. We both stopped dead in our tracks, and abe zoomed in on it to try and see it. No movement. So I went on towards it, not listening to his warning about not doing so. He stayed put. I got close enough to see the body when i stepped on a twig and woke him up. He was NOT dead. (but it does get weird). When he heard the snapping of the twig the man almost zombie like, raised up and looked in my direction VERY QUICKLY. Not human-like. Most people will look around, or slowly get up while asking "whos there". Not him. He shot up, looked at us. And began SPRINTING towards us. So we ran straight the hell out of those woods, onto the tracks, and back towards the theatre. (We also noticed a large amount of animal bones on the tracks, and not native animals. ??? )

That was our first time.

We went to the cemetary SEVERAL more times with more people and equipment on many other occasions. Some things I have to share and will go into later...

Paranormal Sightings by Me, Abraham, and others...

- Flying orb in and around the trees, usually spotted while you are standing outside the woods looking towards the gates of the cemetary. We can never spot it when we try to find it, however. Its the size of a basketball or bigger, kind of light blue/ white, and very bright.

-Shadow man under the overpass. We see his shadow EVERY time jump from pillar to pillar, sometimes even on the trains that may stop there. And on one occasion, we saw a dark character on top of a moving train running quickly. Just sit under the overpass, he'll come.

-Corpse girl. Verified. Not on a bench or near this broken down church. There is a new church right outside the gates to the right a few meters down where we always park our car. One night after getting scared and running out and back to the car, as I sat in the back seat behind passenger i looked out the window only to see this pale, white, very dead looking woman with dark hair and eyes staring seemingly into my soul. I didn't speak for the rest of the night I was so shocked. (And this was after one of our flashlights fell to pieces in our buddy's hand after hearing a noise in a bush, which is why we ran. and it was a good flashlight).

-Footsteps behind and around you. With all those leaves and sticks on the ground, its hard not to hear people walking around the woods. Each time (almost) we visit these woods we hear them. Thats what does it for some people we have brought. Some can't take it. Its just plain menacing.

-Little girl playing in woods, or calling for mommy. We've heard her ourselves. She is a huge reason why we get freaked out so often when we are there. We could not find a tombstone with any little girl on it, but those woods are said to just take people (Uncovered bodies, or murders). We even found a pair of childrens shoes near this collapsed building right on the edge of the cemetary.

-The feeling your being watched, and touched while you are there. Even under the overpass, or anywhere in the general area. This will happen. So many times have one of us felt someone touch us on our shoulder or the feeling of fingers through our hair, sometimes as if someone grabs you by your shirt. We've never been physically attacked though.

-COLD. The cemetary is several degrees colder than the temperature outside of it, a very common thing for any haunted area. And it's still. very still. You can even almost smell the bodies. The smell inside the cemetary is its own. I cannot explain this phenomenon.

-TECHNOLOGY GLITCHES. I've come here several times with my digi camera, with full batteries...and within minutes of being inside the cemetary, they're out. The flashlight that fell apart in one of our friends hands. And the creepiest thing to ever happen was during mid-day. Me and 2 others were wondering the woods searching for the church or anything of interest. We were deep in these woods. Our friend Julian had no signal on his cell phone, yet at one point his phone rang, and the id said "unknown." This is 100% true, although i lack the evidence, i'll go on to tell you. When he answered all he heard was static. very loud, and very scary. He dropped his phone, and I picked it up. I heard the same noise. So i hung it up, and gave it back to him. It rang again with same results. Over and over, about 5-6 times. Julian never went with us again.

These are some of my experiences in the Woods and tracks. I have more for the dollar theatre, but I lack time right now to explain.

I'm currently in New York, however im returning to Houston very soon and would like to put together a team to re-investigate these grounds, If you're interested email me. Please respond if you have had any similar experiences. I did not believe in ghosts or spirits before I went to this cemetary.

One last note, I hear sometimes a ghost/spirit can follow someone?

If anyone knows anything on this subject i'd like to hear it, because following me going to this place, my room at my parents had some pretty strange things happen in it, until we repainted and fixed it up. Sometimes, I feel like i'm being followed by something from the overpass.

I even woke up once paralyzed, with a dark figure standing over me, felt like someone was holding me down by my throat. I know this is sleep paralysis. But its seemed to be a bit more for me...

• Like 1

Hey there, my name is James, I actually come from this area of Humble and thought I would share some pretty interesting information I acquired while researching / Investigating the Overpass, Cemetary, Church, and Dollar theatre. I haven't gotten to read too many new posts since i'm in a bit of a rush right now however, so sorry if I seem to just butt in.

About 3 Years ago, maybe 4, Me and my friend Abraham decided to research the area before going, and we did so by talking to some friendly folks at the old humble museum, figuring that they would have at least a little information on the hauntings or whatever. We even brought a video camera to film us talking to the woman who had the info. She did confirm that the cemetary was haunted and gave us a story a woman told her who went, we believe she was speaking of herself. She said the woman drove behind the home depot (DIRECTLY in front of the cemetary) to check out the woods, didnt walk in. She heard a little girl calling for her Mommy over and over...and the voice seemed to get closer each time. She looked in her car thinking her little girl may have snuck in, but no girl was there. She then decided to leave.

Upon asking her about the church in or near the woods, she QUICKLY shot it down saying "what church? There was never a church, and you should never go in those woods." VERY sternly. Then she refused to talk any more about the subject.

We decided to check out the cemetary mid day so we could get a basic layout. So we followed the tracks into the woods, about 100 yards in. Then we decided to enter (with video camera in hand). We had to climb through this VERY old barbed wire fence, kept walking, wondering if we should not go much further with the indication of it being someones property. But we continued. We came across what seemed to be a small shanty villiage (Which happens to be about 100-200 yards from the edge of the graveyard to the north. We stopped to check if anyone was there. Nothing. As we continued towards the shanty, I saw what appeared to be a dead body on top of a very old and worn down mattress. We both stopped dead in our tracks, and abe zoomed in on it to try and see it. No movement. So I went on towards it, not listening to his warning about not doing so. He stayed put. I got close enough to see the body when i stepped on a twig and woke him up. He was NOT dead. (but it does get weird). When he heard the snapping of the twig the man almost zombie like, raised up and looked in my direction VERY QUICKLY. Not human-like. Most people will look around, or slowly get up while asking "whos there". Not him. He shot up, looked at us. And began SPRINTING towards us. So we ran straight the hell out of those woods, onto the tracks, and back towards the theatre. (We also noticed a large amount of animal bones on the tracks, and not native animals. ??? )

That was our first time.

We went to the cemetary SEVERAL more times with more people and equipment on many other occasions. Some things I have to share and will go into later...

Paranormal Sightings by Me, Abraham, and others...

- Flying orb in and around the trees, usually spotted while you are standing outside the woods looking towards the gates of the cemetary. We can never spot it when we try to find it, however. Its the size of a basketball or bigger, kind of light blue/ white, and very bright.

-Shadow man under the overpass. We see his shadow EVERY time jump from pillar to pillar, sometimes even on the trains that may stop there. And on one occasion, we saw a dark character on top of a moving train running quickly. Just sit under the overpass, he'll come.

-Corpse girl. Verified. Not on a bench or near this broken down church. There is a new church right outside the gates to the right a few meters down where we always park our car. One night after getting scared and running out and back to the car, as I sat in the back seat behind passenger i looked out the window only to see this pale, white, very dead looking woman with dark hair and eyes staring seemingly into my soul. I didn't speak for the rest of the night I was so shocked. (And this was after one of our flashlights fell to pieces in our buddy's hand after hearing a noise in a bush, which is why we ran. and it was a good flashlight).

-Footsteps behind and around you. With all those leaves and sticks on the ground, its hard not to hear people walking around the woods. Each time (almost) we visit these woods we hear them. Thats what does it for some people we have brought. Some can't take it. Its just plain menacing.

-Little girl playing in woods, or calling for mommy. We've heard her ourselves. She is a huge reason why we get freaked out so often when we are there. We could not find a tombstone with any little girl on it, but those woods are said to just take people (Uncovered bodies, or murders). We even found a pair of childrens shoes near this collapsed building right on the edge of the cemetary.

-The feeling your being watched, and touched while you are there. Even under the overpass, or anywhere in the general area. This will happen. So many times have one of us felt someone touch us on our shoulder or the feeling of fingers through our hair, sometimes as if someone grabs you by your shirt. We've never been physically attacked though.

-COLD. The cemetary is several degrees colder than the temperature outside of it, a very common thing for any haunted area. And it's still. very still. You can even almost smell the bodies. The smell inside the cemetary is its own. I cannot explain this phenomenon.

-TECHNOLOGY GLITCHES. I've come here several times with my digi camera, with full batteries...and within minutes of being inside the cemetary, they're out. The flashlight that fell apart in one of our friends hands. And the creepiest thing to ever happen was during mid-day. Me and 2 others were wondering the woods searching for the church or anything of interest. We were deep in these woods. Our friend Julian had no signal on his cell phone, yet at one point his phone rang, and the id said "unknown." This is 100% true, although i lack the evidence, i'll go on to tell you. When he answered all he heard was static. very loud, and very scary. He dropped his phone, and I picked it up. I heard the same noise. So i hung it up, and gave it back to him. It rang again with same results. Over and over, about 5-6 times. Julian never went with us again.

These are some of my experiences in the Woods and tracks. I have more for the dollar theatre, but I lack time right now to explain.

I'm currently in New York, however im returning to Houston very soon and would like to put together a team to re-investigate these grounds, If you're interested email me. Please respond if you have had any similar experiences. I did not believe in ghosts or spirits before I went to this cemetary.

One last note, I hear sometimes a ghost/spirit can follow someone?

If anyone knows anything on this subject i'd like to hear it, because following me going to this place, my room at my parents had some pretty strange things happen in it, until we repainted and fixed it up. Sometimes, I feel like i'm being followed by something from the overpass.

I even woke up once paralyzed, with a dark figure standing over me, felt like someone was holding me down by my throat. I know this is sleep paralysis. But its seemed to be a bit more for me...

I went to the cemetery in 2009. My batteries died in my camera which does not ever happen, this was early in the morning. There are many homeless living in the woods around the cemetery so be careful, it is dangerest for just that reason. Never have been at night, bad idea. Historical Paranormal

Thanks, George E. Wolf Jr.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry to be a bit off the subject here but I live in the Kingwood/Atascocita area by Upper Lake and W. Lake Houston. I haven't lived here very long, only about a year. I'm curious to know about the woods (pre subdivision) in this area and if they have local reputation of being haunted. What are the urban legends, if any, about the area. I haven't noticed or seen anything strange personally but have gotten uneasy feelings walking around my neighborhood or even my yard at night. Maybe I'm psyching myself out or is there something more?

• 4 months later...

I live down the street from there, and have investigated many times and the claims are nothing but old fairy tales the end.

I live down the street from there, and have investigated many times and the claims are nothing but old fairy tales the end.

Thank you. All the people perpetuating these myths need to calm down and show some respect. The cemetary is barely there as it is; the last thing it needs are even more teenagers and "ghost hunters" tramping through.

God, this thread right here is an example of why we can't have nice things.

• 2 months later...

Whats up guys, first time poster here...

So we went out to the church tonight. We didnt experience anything but a heavy vibe when we pulled up next to the church. We didnt get out the car at this time cause cops where all over 1960 tonight. What we found that was strange is the cameras and "No Trespassing" signs on the church.. Funny cause aren't churches suppose to be inviting?? We ended up parking in a strip center and walked the train tracks a bit.. at one point my group got a little ways away from me and my nerves shot up fast, like something was watching me.. once i got with my group I was fine, so im just gunna chalk that up to me getting freaked out that I was by myself lol.