Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

NME_locus

I dont think it is evil, but rather a bunch of really angry spirits. I mean when a body is put to rest, it should stay there and not be moved! Not to mention the energy is still there.

• 3 months later...

I live by 1960 and veterans memorial. I wanted to go this place to investigate and see for my self if these stories are true. If any1 is willing to go with me then msg me. I kinda wanted to go with a group of people. Email me at adnank038@gmail.com

Whats up guys, first time poster here...

So we went out to the church tonight. We didnt experience anything but a heavy vibe when we pulled up next to the church. We didnt get out the car at this time cause cops where all over 1960 tonight. What we found that was strange is the cameras and "No Trespassing" signs on the church.. Funny cause aren't churches suppose to be inviting?? We ended up parking in a strip center and walked the train tracks a bit.. at one point my group got a little ways away from me and my nerves shot up fast, like something was watching me.. once i got with my group I was fine, so im just gunna chalk that up to me getting freaked out that I was by myself lol.

You mean the storage facility where Golf 'N Games used to be?

Anyway, there's some douche tagging all the poles and bridges in the area, so if you see him bust out a drop-kick or something. He has it coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone gone out there recently?

For what I can tell by just passing by, the golf place- which became a church - and now a storage facility has been cleaned up and repainted which has decreased the "scary looking" factor it once had. It's gated but after passing by several times yesterday, there is very little human activity.

The old Dollar theatre is in a shopping strip that you would least expect to have paranormal activity. The buildings are not as old as you would expect and they been upkeeping with the maintenance and groundwork. There is a Chuck cheese on one side , office Depot on one side but invent other side all building except for Petco are abandoned.

There are other stores further down the strip but that whiole parking lot , about half the size of a highschool stadium, is indeed deserted looking. Still when u think of haunted you think of old buildings, broken windows etc. The Dollar theatre looks well kept.

I only saw the rail road tracks by driving bye. The sharp U turn at it's point can let you see how people are going in .trees are getting enormous and diffinately will need you to carry something to protect u against snakes or wild dogs by woods. Out of the 3 places , just by driving and observing, the woods is the one that let out the most chills. Going in, I was much more concentrated on the building thatbwas once the golf course/ church but I didn't get any psychic feeling there. The tracks however gave off very emotional readings. Not as evil as one presumes once reading everyones comments. The readings I felt were those of deep deep sorrow and regret. I would like to look further into this. Any takers?

• 7 months later...

Anyone gone out there recently?

For what I can tell by just passing by, the golf place- which became a church - and now a storage facility has been cleaned up and repainted which has decreased the "scary looking" factor it once had. It's gated but after passing by several times yesterday, there is very little human activity.

The old Dollar theatre is in a shopping strip that you would least expect to have paranormal activity. The buildings are not as old as you would expect and they been upkeeping with the maintenance and groundwork. There is a Chuck cheese on one side , office Depot on one side but invent other side all building except for Petco are abandoned.

There are other stores further down the strip but that whiole parking lot , about half the size of a highschool stadium, is indeed deserted looking. Still when u think of haunted you think of old buildings, broken windows etc. The Dollar theatre looks well kept.

I only saw the rail road tracks by driving bye. The sharp U turn at it's point can let you see how people are going in .trees are getting enormous and diffinately will need you to carry something to protect u against snakes or wild dogs by woods. Out of the 3 places , just by driving and observing, the woods is the one that let out the most chills. Going in, I was much more concentrated on the building thatbwas once the golf course/ church but I didn't get any psychic feeling there. The tracks however gave off very emotional readings. Not as evil as one presumes once reading everyones comments. The readings I felt were those of deep deep sorrow and regret. I would like to look further into this. Any takers?

im down. anytime. i live very close by and actually im going in a couple of hours to see it. Please use the site's PM function. Don't publically post your private e-mail.

Edited by Lilly
private info removed

im down. anytime. i live very close by and actually im going in a couple of hours to see it. email me anytime at did not quote email addy

The poster you're replying to hasn't posted in this thread since oct 2012.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I think I'm confused... Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Old Dollar Theatre, new cemetary location, and old church location were all in the same area? I have never checked it out for myself, but I was guessing that they are near the 1960 overpass that also goes over the hardy toll road, or am I thinking of the wrong area?

• 1 month later...

Dollar theatre is on the opposite side of the freeway. At one point they were in walking distance. When a over pass was constructed the cemetery was undug and the bodies were then re buried about 3 miles away. The dollar theatre is said to be right on top of the "Original " Cemetary .

If you're familiar with Humble, the dollar theatre building is next to a " dress for less" clothing store, Driving class, and Burkes outlet.

1960 Runs parallel to that strip and across is Home depot, Old Navy, Best buy, Marshalls and so on. The cemetery ends up being right behind Homedepot. But that's not where the bodies were originally put to rest. When the 1960/59 overpass was built, they had to remove the coffins. Some remained in the strip where the theatre/chuck e cheese strip is at.

• 4 weeks later...

Some dead were moved back in the '30s, but I'm pretty sure the shopping center is not built on a cemetery, nor is it haunted.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

i often go to the bar thats next to the old church/storage facility (and also behind the dollar theater) and i have never really noticed anything unusual. the only creepy thing was when i was walking to there from the dominos at night. coulda been some strange vibe, coulda been just being a woman walking alone at night

I was wondering where this thread went just the other day. Admittedly, if I'd wondered enough, I could have searched for it but why in the world would somebody have placed it under the category of "Spiritualism & etc."? I mean, it's pretty much a straight up Ghost thread IIRC and I've read all 45 pages at one time or another. If it belongs here, then there is really no need for the "Ghosts and Hauntings" forum, because those threads are all very similar other than this previously having been one of the most popular and well-read threads on the whole site. I'm not trying to dog anybody about this, and I'm sure somebody's had a seance or took a Ouija board to the area, but in 45 pages of active hunting, that could be said for most locations. Again, it's not my site but it seems like this should go in a different forum. Even Urban Legends would be more appropriate than here. No offense intended to anybody...just sayin'.

Edited by kiddglock

I was wondering where this thread went just the other day. Admittedly, if I'd wondered enough, I could have searched for it but why in the world would somebody have placed it under the category of "Spiritualism & etc."? I mean, it's pretty much a straight up Ghost thread IIRC and I've read all 45 pages at one time or another. If it belongs here, then there is really no need for the "Ghosts and Hauntings" forum, because those threads are all very similar other than this previously having been one of the most popular and well-read threads on the whole site. I'm not trying to dog anybody about this, and I'm sure somebody's had a seance or took a Ouija board to the area, but in 45 pages of active hunting, that could be said for most locations. Again, it's not my site but it seems like this should go in a different forum. Even Urban Legends would be more appropriate than here. No offense intended to anybody...just sayin'.

oujia boards don't work, there is a thread that is 39 pages about a guy claiming he could time travel, it doesn't mean that he can. Just sayin'

• Like 2

but if any of you wanna check it out just go to that bar. im sure some patrons would know somethin about it. and you can get some liquid courage before you start exploring lol

• 6 months later...

all the pics on this topic ive posted cause ive been out there many times so far, heres some pics of it regularly during the day

Hey man I live I'm humble, exactly how do inget to this area? I seen soneone post that its nxt to home depot?? The one by best buy and all the other shops??

OK I live near this site. In the course of my career I have been there well over one hundred times. Just drove through only stop there was at a red light or to buy gas. Nothing unusual to me, but then not looking for any thing. I have an open mind and always wanted to see a parnormal event. I will report to you all what I find going to try vidio tape. Feel free to send me tips and advice on what to look for as I am a amature.

Thanks for taking the time and writeing all of that.this place sounds really cool lets hope u get some soldiers Evps or even get a pic next time.

I live about 20 miles from the site. I was going to investigate it with a open mind. Doing my home work I read the 45 pages that came before. Then I came across the post that said how these stories are exactly the same as the ones that he made up to scare his little brother. I took this as proof of how urban legends get started. Big brother scares little brother, who scares his class mates. When big brother hears them again he speculates that there must have been some truth to the stories. BULL SH!! Save your gas. This case is solved/

Kind of weird that so many UM members live so close to this area. I'm just a few miles away from it myself.

Kind of weird that so many UM members live so close to this area. I'm just a few miles away from it myself.

Therein lies the mystery!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was a bartender at Flashback for a long time. Al was definitely around after he died outside the back door.. Lots of unexplained stuff happened and I never closed alone!