Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

NME_locus

i'm friends with Yawtza, and i think we should take a roadtrip to houston to investigate, i'll even bring a ouji board and some beer. maybe sometime in the next three weeks before school starts, when we can both get off work? send me a message so we can try to work it out. i'm serious

780440[/snapback]

Dude, I'm game, talk to Yawtza then. We should concentrate about go into the woods at night. We need to organize something. I'll try to get my hands on a few EMF meter's and laser temp sensors. I will have to bring some large pieces of serveilence equipment that I have to record in all night vision with sensitive microphone and can be set up to run all alone for days without us. All weather proof camera, even in the rain. Let me know so I can buy a few more. Money's not really an issue so let me know so I'll get it.

Stewey.... I'll be glad to maybe sometime get together. I would also like to see how everyone has their own process during investigations. Also, Eva Evermore submitted some photos for me to check out. Maybe you might have more experience than I do i that field. Would you be interested. There appears to be somehting inthe window of one of the pictures. But I can't tell. I am confident that I am the first to load it into photo shop so it is untouched. Only rthing I did was lighten up the image because it's dark. Neat thing is, there's a figure in the window. I thought itwas curtains, but once photo was lighten, there were two specs where there might be the eyes. Tell me what you guys think. The photo is in no way fake so don't question it's authenticity. It's just that I just wanted your opinion on what you see. Is it curtains? The other photos have strangesourcesof light. I'll send those later I have ask Eva if it is ok. Thanks

781287[/snapback]

Wow, I didn't know those were going to be posted, but I guess it is okay. To everybody who is looking at them, I appolgize for the grainy look, bad camera. The pictures can not be seen as well on the computer, but if anybody questions them, I don't even know how to work photoshop (i have only had a computer for 5 months) and I also have the negetives.

Wow, I didn't know those were going to be posted, but I guess it is okay. To everybody who is looking at them, I appolgize for the grainy look, bad camera. The pictures can not be seen as well on the computer, but if anybody questions them, I don't even know how to work photoshop (i have only had a computer for 5 months) and I also have the negetives.

782282[/snapback]

Grainy is ok as long as it's pixells are consistent.. What I mean is some has to be good in order to blend in soft lines into a grainy photo. thoughthere are guys out there that would go that far just to laugh at us go " holy crap! that's creepy!" haha....LOL

• 2 weeks later...

782282[/snapback]

Grainy is ok as long as it's pixells are consistent.. What I mean is some has to be good in order to blend in soft lines into a grainy photo. thoughthere are guys out there that would go that far just to laugh at us go " holy crap! that's creepy!" haha....LOL

782287[/snapback]

Hello everyone. I just found this website yesterday and am very interested in going over there sometime. I grew up in Humble, but now live in Galveston County. My family still lives there so I am usually up visiting once a week. I have heard about this area before and have always wanted to go check it out, but just been too chicken. My sister and I and possibly my husband are interested so next time you guys plan a visit, let me know so I can tag along grin2.gif

Hello all,

I went by the old church tonight and it was not a church anymore. It is now a storage company building. There is still a few wood behind the building but not alot. I also saw that a halloween store is going in beside where the dollar movie was. I live about 3 min. away from the overpass, and go by it on a daily basis. Just thought all should know what I found out today.

Bye,

shannon

Hello everyone.  I just found this website yesterday and am very interested in going over there sometime.  I grew up in Humble, but now live in Galveston County.  My family still lives there so I am usually up visiting once a week.  I have heard about this area before and have always wanted to go check it out, but just been too chicken.  My sister and I and possibly my husband are interested so next time you guys plan a visit, let me know so I can tag along grin2.gif

802299[/snapback]

Hello all,

I went by the old church tonight and it was not a church anymore.  It is now a storage company building.  There is still a few wood behind the building but not alot.  I also saw that a halloween store is going in beside where the dollar movie was.  I live about 3 min. away from the overpass, and go by it on a daily basis.  Just thought all should know what I found out today.

Bye,

shannon

808015[/snapback]

Welcome to UM guys. We should all arrange a day where a few of us could get together and hit the spots after dark, like say midnite. We need a group of skeptics. we ned to experiment with a group with out their knowledge that this place is supposedly haunted and see if they experience anything. But that wouldn't be a nice thing to do eh?

I am writing this to everybody who has been to the 1960 overpass/train track area to the church, theatre, and putt putt place. My girl friend and I are interested in going and plan to go next week sometime, but we were wondering if any of you could answer me back asap and let me know directions to this place. If you could, tell me how to get there if I am coming up on 1960 going 59 north. I would appreciate it. We are going to be taking pictures and I will post them when I get back. Thanks!

Hi All. New here. Was reading this thread & sounds fascinating. I am slightly familiar with the negative aspects of energy. When I was 18, my neighbor was a VERY spiritual person & introduced me to this. At the time I was indifferent & thought to make a choice, as it were, sorta like challenging whatevers there to guide me. That very night I had a huge black as night wing/cape shaped entity confront me. It was like pulling me or drawing me & I being very scared made my choice & refused it. No angels for me that night.

From what I have gathered & from personal experience I will say that there is no such thing as evil. There is only positive & negative energies. That is a fact. Also I have been told that spirits stay here because they simply cannot forget (& I am sure some are very angry -or have an agenda- & do not let go of that energy when they die). I have also been told that some spirits are dangerous in that they can drain your energy -like wear you down. These entities feed on emotional nergy-fear, love, hate, anger etc. And can lead one to disaster by simply allowing them to influence you. I would suggest to all to not seek the negative energies but to be positive & seek only the positive spirits. The very purpose of ones attention is to make things happen. Repeat that as it is ever so true. Logically speaking therefore, to think evil & corpses & what not is to invite it. Besides positive energy is better for you & is really your best & simplest protection.

Also I would like to challenge these "scary" things, battle them if you will. Am I like crazy or what? I'm predicting the proper term is ignorance. After reading all the posts I thought, why not bring the largest electrical source of energy you can carry-preferably something that has to be flown in-a towable $100,000 generator would do just fine, & let the sparks fly!! (suck on this) Don't forget to bring a camera that uses no electricity. Speaking of which I would like to physically (with my own hands) grab one. This is maybe the worst idea yet but I know that I have already made my choice so no matter what type of energy confronts me I would not be permanently I hope harmed.

No, I may not be the smartest of people but I at least know the dif between positive & negative.

Anyways best of luck to all whoever shall venture (I am in CA atm). Just remember, like it says in the good book; ask & ye shall receive. there's that attention thing again

ALOHAS

Edited by anomoly

Hey you guys! I have been writing everybody who knows anything about the humble thing, and I finally heard that it was right down the street from 59 and 1960. Well, incase you are all wondering, there will definitely be pictures from my trip. There are going to be several people going already and supposedly several cameras. We are for sure going to have a dvd digital video camera and a digital camera. Nothing special, because we aren't dedicated ghost hunters... well, I'm not, yet. I am becoming more and more interested in this ghost stuff and hopefully something comes up.

i think outta this posting ive gotten alot of pics for all of you to clearly notice whats up out there. there are wierd vibes out there and we get wierder and weirder pics each time we go. ive been out there quite abit with mike and we both experiance creppy vibes, not just cause your in the woods,but cold chill and being watched. these are from the 22nd of aug.

post-21395-1125895373_thumb.jpg

post-21395-1125895402_thumb.jpg

post-21395-1125895539_thumb.jpg

I just went to that area tonight to check it out. I found the old church... not a church anymore. It is now a big blue storage building. I used landmarks such as the two shopping strips and Pancho's mexican restaurant. I saw that storage/church building, the train tracks, but I did not see the old dollar theatre. I was wondering if any of you know exactly where it is? I really need to know because I am taking several people with me investigating this weekend. I am also wondering exactly where the cemetery is at. I walked the train tracks. It was a spur of the moment idea to go tonight, so I wasn't prepared. I didn't have anything but myself.... not even a flashlight. But I really want to know where the theatre is. Can somebody help me out? If so, would you please email me at claytonstanford@yahoo.com. Thanks

I just found this site today. I live in Humble and actually work at the halloween store there. I have heard about some scary things and have noticed that many of the businesses in this area have failed. I'm creeped out all of the time now. A coworker and I have even heard a little girl calling for her mama on our walkie - talkie but that can just be an interference of some sort. I also Am not sure where the church is and I have lived here for about 5 years. If anybody knows let me know.

Sorry, but I don't find these pictures very convincing, I mean, I think your going there and everything, but I just can't really see anything in any of them.. except for some so called orbs. If there is said to be some much activity in this area, I would expect more than this. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good evidence. Although the place does look creepy as hell, anyways good luck w/ everything.

Sorry, but I don't find these pictures very convincing, I mean, I think your going there and everything, but I just can't really see anything in any of them.. except for some so called orbs.  If there is said to be some much activity in this area, I would expect more than this.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good evidence.  Although the place does look creepy as hell, anyways good luck w/ everything.

830840[/snapback]

then what are you expecting to find then?

then what are you expecting to find then?

After reading the story behind the place, and one of the 1st posts about the creepy feelings, cameras not working, so called noises, writing on walls, etc... I'd like to see the writings, and maybe get some audio. This area just got me too excited I guess, the title of the post made it sound like it was gonna be more exciting then it had been.

Hello, I am new here. I just discovered this community and I find it to be quite fascinating. Now the reason I joined is because of the website the original poster mentioned: http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm

I take some issue with this page and I will tell you why. First it is important to understand that I attempted to contact whoever runs the site but they would not listen to me. I was born and raised in one of the towns they mention, Big Spring, on their site. Some of their information is horribly wrong. One of the biggest mistakes they made is when it comes to a town right outside of Big Spring. The name of the town is Gail. The haunted site is called Old Gail School. They have it listed as Old Gay Hill School. They also have it listed as being in Luther. It is not.

Another thing they have is that the cafeteria roof collapsed on the children. That is 100% false. I know some people who were going there when it closed. The school was actually closed due to the fact that there was no funding for it and it was just cheaper and easier to bus the kids to Big Spring. The roof in the school has collapsed but it was from the building falling into disrepair. Now, I have heard that the principal did indeed hang himself, but he did it in the school. Also, a couple of people have died out there. One women died from a cocaine overdose and was left out there by the people she was with. Another guy died when a portion of a wall fell on top of him. I can not say for sure if it is haunted, but I know for a fact that it is a creepy place. Of course what could be scarier than an old abandoned school that is falling apart?

I have information on some of their haunted sites in Big Spring as well. If anyone would like to hear about it just let me know. I feel this is getting a little long so I am just going to leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, we're going to Humble this weekend. We're coming from Harker Heights (Near Fort Hood) TX and we're looking to check this whole place out. Im not a newbie at this game, Im an avid ghost hunted (a veteran of sorts). I've got three full on ghost hunts, where a break in was required and the entire house/hotel/school was searched and video taped. I've debunked one of America's most haunted places: The Walker House (in Mineral Point, WI). I'd really like to go to these woods and check out the cemetary. We'll be entering the area around midnight tomorrow (thursday night - friday morning) and we intend to hang out there and drink and video tape our exploits. Anyone who's down hit me back.

Millerdeath@yahoo.com

The name is Tom.

ok, I live in Victoria just south of Houston. If ya'll are going one weekend I would really like to go.

Seems like a very interesting (scary) place. I think everybody who is going outhere should be careful. I would like to go there myself but is too far away..... :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

(warning all of this may seem far fetched but believe what you want that place is messed up!!!)

Ok look, I've lived here in atascocita for the entire 18(well 19 this oct. 31st) years of my life. That place is one ****ed up place, when I was a kid my dad used to take me to the putt-putt course out there. They had batting cages and what not there, this one time me and my dad were playing putt putt golf and my older brother was in the batting cages, well about 5 to 10min into our "game" my brother comes running to my dad crying saying that someone kept switching the machines on and off...and so on....so my dad talked to the owners and they assured him that no1 was messing w/ the machines....so they gave him a free game and we went back to watch him play .... this time every one of the machines stopped working. We figured "i guess they place is just old and cheap" later that night my brother told me that before he came to my dad telling him what happened that he saw someone tampering w/ the machine but he thought it was just some one that worked there, but he said he was looking right at them, then when he went to whipe the swet off his face, the "person" vanished.??

Now about these ZOMBIZEZ!!! WoW! I was with my friend theodis one day last summer, we were in his camaro going to Panchos Mexican Rest., well anywho to get there coming from atascocita you have to go under the overpass, and pass by the rail road tracks.....(never thought anything of this untill about a month ago when someone else said they saw the same thing as me) well as we began to approach the tracks (mind you this is broad daylight ...reason being i didnt think anything of this at the time) we saw a young woman walking with her back turned to us in sum skimpy out of date clothing, kinda torn, but anyways from behind she looked kinda cute....and we both said something about her and were prepared to look at the face...so we drove up to her somewhat slowly and we glanced at her face and it was the worst thing i had ever seen in my entire life, her face was sunken in beyond any i had ever seen! you could see ever bone structure in the face, her hair seemed to be patched all over w/ bald spots and some spots of gray hair. her entire body was sooooo skinny she looked dead...and we started laughing not thinking anything at all of it...and just kept on going around the corner, well b4 we reached the parkinglot of ponchos we looked back and the b**** was GONE! but at the time i didnt think anything of this, but we thought she had just hopped the fence and was walking the railroad tracks or something.

But never the less, now that i look back a that, it was a most def. horrific sight!

Another thing, the theater, my cousin isaac worked there when it was a full theater, it used to be the Big AMC theater before they opened the AMC 24 theater in the local mall. But they closed it down about 5 months b4 they opened the one in the mall due to violent actions supposively preformed by the workers there, my cousin got fired for supposedly harrassing a coustomer, which I know he didnt do, i mean with in the next 2 weeks 3 other employee's got fired for the same reason, seems a little ridiculous ??? But someone complained that my cousin locked then in a restroom with the lights off, not to be found untill about 45min later when a staff member was dutied to clean the restroom.

Humble/Atascocita area hasn't always been as overlypopulated as it is now, but it does have many odd places to it.....id like some ppl to do a search of another road off of 1960 its further past the overpass, heading twords atascocita, theres continental plaza (which strangely enough has not been built apon, even though it is a large road with lots of land (perfect for all of the tree killing builders)and is a great passage between atascocita road and 1960 (the 2 larger roads in the atascocita/humble area)my mom works for a huge title company, and she once told me that there has been a huge fude between a family that inhareted the land from a family memeber, and they could not agree on who would get what part of the land, so it has stayed undecided for a very long time...there are also signs that state "no thru traffic" at this road), when u find that road search that area, and then search all the really small roads before it, one contains a house that was seized by the police in 1987. It is pretty old and broken down so i dont advise sticking around too long...but just enough to get scared ****less frome the sounds of things running straight at you, but they never seem to reach you.

Some one reply, i would like to head back to the overpass with somepeople and show them around the place from the inside out....it does have an evil vibe, the first thing that seems to comet to mind when there is an evil vibe soo....FYI be prepared :devil:

Hey, i just found this site today and just recently found out about the 1960 overpass. i just moved down to houston/humble about 3 weeks ago...im here to go to UTI and im located in the inverness forest apartments...well i am really wanting to go to see what its like....this will be my first supernatural experience and im looking for some experienced people to go with...it sounded like a month ago everyone was wanting to go then it seemed like it just died...what happened?...did you guys go already?...Is anyone going anytime soon...NME locus you seemed pretty dedicated to going...if there is anyone interested in going my roommate and i would like to go...my email is subarudriver9303@yahoo.com or you can just reply on this thread

Hey, i just found this site today and just recently found out about the 1960 overpass. i just moved down to houston/humble about 3 weeks ago...im here to go to UTI and im located in the inverness forest apartments...well i am really wanting to go to see what its like....this will be my first supernatural experience and im looking for some experienced people to go with...it sounded like a month ago everyone was wanting to go then it seemed like it just died...what happened?...did you guys go already?...Is anyone going anytime soon...NME locus you seemed pretty dedicated to going...if there is anyone interested in going my roommate and i would like to go...my email is subarudriver9303@yahoo.com or you can just reply on this thread

a group of friends and i went out to a cem in houston and met up with tony(nme locus) and checkd out the cem, not much downtown. i live bout 10 min from that 1960 site(ive taken all the pics that have been of this area on this posting). we go just about ,say every other week and get quite a bit of orbs. Now we did go out there one night and really didnt get much out there ,clayton brought alot of friends with him(then they invited like friend of a friend, that hole deal) like little of over 20 people there(IM NOT SAYING YOU DID ANYTHING WRONG CLAYTON,JUST SHOCKED FROM THE TURN OUT,IM NOT MAD AT YOU, JUST TELLING WHAT WENT ON THAT NIGHT,if your reading)but if you meet up somewhere we can check it out if you want,we also got 2 other places to take you if youd like to check it out as well.

Hi guys, I'm the original poster....nice to see this thread still flowing...haven't had much time to do much anything lately, but plan to get back to it soon.

hey yea i read that story NME posted awhile back and thought it to be pretty intresting considering i live like 20-25 min. from the area (cypress area) and i have friends who go ghost hunting out in the kingwood, atascastia, humble area.

let me know next time yall go out there.