Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

NME_locus

that's neat! i live in houston too! i think i'll check this place out with my older sister. me and her have been wanting to go ghost hunting for the longest

Hey guys, when I originally posted this thread, I didn't think about something. I forget to think about the protecting the area. So, please, all I ask in return is to be respectful, and with a straight head. Though I'm a skeptic about most of the things I see, I still believe that there are real haunted places, which in turn attract people. Please be considerate of the people living around the, use narrow beamed LEDs and colored lenses so you don't attract authorities. EMF meters are great, but anything can make them spike. log in data for yourself and draw out maps.

If this place is truly haunted, we should try to keep as much respect as possible so that we are not the ones to manifest negative energy. There are places that are haunted that don't have this negative energy until poeple start invading, littering, etc.

Im pretty sure you guys already know most of this stuff, but just a memo, as you should always have a briefing before investigating.

Hey guys, when I originally posted this thread, I didn't think about something. I forget to think about the protecting the area. So, please, all I ask in return is to be respectful, and with a straight head. Though I'm a skeptic about most of the things I see, I still believe that there are real haunted places, which in turn attract people. Please be considerate of the people living around the, use narrow beamed LEDs and colored lenses so you don't attract authorities. EMF meters are great, but anything can make them spike. log in data for yourself and draw out maps.

If this place is truly haunted, we should try to keep as much respect as possible so that we are not the ones to manifest negative energy. There are places that are haunted that don't have this negative energy until poeple start invading, littering, etc.

Im pretty sure you guys already know most of this stuff, but just a memo, as you should always have a briefing before investigating.

noted. I have already eliminated quite a few ppl from my list of candidates for this very reason. also, i noted that earier in the thread peple mentioned drinking on site, which is a bad idea. after the investigation adn away from the site is the best idea, since you dont want people contributing anyhting that happens to a drunken stupor.

it will be a few weeks before i have the people that i need to go, as i intend on documenting everything properly and will have to find the people that i can trust to do so. my scientific background helps in this aspect. my team will recieve several briefings and i plan on makeing two trips, one during the day, the other at night. the day so we can plot out the area to find any potential hazards and so we know where to look in the dark.

noted. I have already eliminated quite a few ppl from my list of candidates for this very reason. also, i noted that earier in the thread peple mentioned drinking on site, which is a bad idea. after the investigation adn away from the site is the best idea, since you dont want people contributing anyhting that happens to a drunken stupor.

it will be a few weeks before i have the people that i need to go, as i intend on documenting everything properly and will have to find the people that i can trust to do so. my scientific background helps in this aspect. my team will recieve several briefings and i plan on makeing two trips, one during the day, the other at night. the day so we can plot out the area to find any potential hazards and so we know where to look in the dark.

Tussaud......well said. You sound like a person, that I would respect when listening to your case. You approach with logics, I like that... :tu:

Tussaud......well said. You sound like a person, that I would respect when listening to your case. You approach with logics, I like that... :tu:

Logic is the fundamental of science. In order to be accurate in proveing or disproveing anything, one must be objective, and take the whole picture in. I for one, do not want anything that we might find to be runied by someone that is with me that acts like an idiot or something. as that will only weaken the case.

I intend on giveing everyone all the details that they will need to be as accurate as possible on the investigation. I intend on instructing everyone on how to record the data gathered, as well as the proper procedures for anything that might happen.

I think the post a couple of pages ago about the positive and negative energies will be important to this case.

I do not recall if you ever went back to complete your investigation. Did you ever get a chance to, and if so, what were your conclusions?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this site but i've gone there a couple times in the last 2 days, didnt find the cemetary, but we found the old old church that is back in the woods, crazy thing is... something pushed my friend off one of the stone blocks that was once a church... we found the water tanks and a little walk in moseleum type thing, we also got a picture of pitch black darkness but in the top right corner if your in the right lighting you can see the right side of someones face, i plan on getting a group together and going back out there during the day and possibly at night... and also does anyone know how bad the hobo population is out there? a friend of mine found a hobo mansion pretty much ( just a big ass tent) out there but no hobos. also i would like to know where the other church used to be and if anyone knows the name of it and such so i can research it, but i'll be heading out there within the next week while school is out if anyone is interested in going email me at burnitdown1102@gmail.com or AIM me at burnitdown1102 and here are the pics:

1st: Ghostly Face in top right corner

2nd: moseleum type thing

These were taken witha camera phone cause the dig cam went dead with brand new batteries.

But everyone let me know soon i plan on going either sat or sun and maybe once again during the week, i know its thanksgiving but if nobody has much to do then come with us, and we possibly might consider camping out there one night, depending on the conditions of the other explorations

post-26762-1132287735_thumb.jpg

post-26762-1132287815_thumb.jpg

I took the libery of enhanceing this photo. The 'nose' of it looks a bit too blocky, like its artificial, and there appears to be a long shadow. but you can see 'hair' and a well defined 'eye'. My conclusion, inconclusive.

post-25631-1132438574_thumb.jpg

that map goes good for you a bit ,but that square marking on it does show true to where it is. if you look on that second pic posted of top view , look towards top where you see a building looking like an i ,now trace that back corner at the bottom of that property and go straight back cross the tracks and you are write at the entrence of the start of the cemetrery.

that map goes good for you a bit ,but that square marking on it does show true to where it is. if you look on that second pic posted of top view , look towards top where you see a building looking like an i ,now trace that back corner at the bottom of that property and go straight back cross the tracks and you are write at the entrence of the start of the cemetrery.

oops i meant that that map is slightly wrong,

I took the libery of enhanceing this photo. The 'nose' of it looks a bit too blocky, like its artificial, and there appears to be a long shadow. but you can see 'hair' and a well defined 'eye'. My conclusion, inconclusive.

after further looking at this, i believe it to be some sort of stone structure. if you look at it, it has a shadow and a base. it appears to be in the form of a T, though, i dont know what direction it is oriented it. It might be attached to a wall, or the foto might be strait down. the edges are far too precise, and the angles are exactly 90 degrees. I will not discount it entirely, but I do not think it is an apparition of sorts. I believe the eye is just an artifact of the photo, and the hair is also shadowing of some sort.

any other opinions?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I just went up there last night. I found two things:

1: A single grave from the 1920s that was separate from any large cemetary.

2: A hobo. He actually was really nice. He indeed lives out in those woods where the graveyard is. We talked to him for maybe 15 minutes, asking him about the area. He was a well-kept and tall black man who's named Arthur. He told us about another hobo from the area named Crazy Charlie. He said Charlie wasn't really dangerous, but just kind-of a nutcase. Also, there used to be a lot of homeless people living there about two years ago, but not anymore. Their stuff is still there. We got footage of guys' moldy books and journals, but they were in too bad of shape to bring back with us. He also told us that the reason those woods could be dangerous is because criminals run through there all the time, trying to hide from cops when they're being chased. He's heard nothing about a haunting. He said he'd be glad to help out anyone who goes out there during the day or morning, but he wouldn't advise anyone being up there at night. He lives in a tent out there.

One more thing of notice. The "I" shaped building in that aerial photo is the Humble Administration building. It's fenced, so you have to park at the Motel 8 and walk behind it to get to about where the cemetary is.

We also checked out the Old Dollar Theatre. It's in a shopping center right next to Poncho's (Same shopping center). It's at the 59 and 1960 intersection. There's no feasable way to get inside, although a friend of my partner supposedly got in by climbing through the ceiling tile. The ceiling is pretty high though, maybe 10 feet. I think it'd work, but you'd have to stand on somebody or something to get up there.

I just thought I'd add my experience to this ever-growing thread about the phenomenon. Glad I found this thread and forum. Also, if anyone wants to go out there again, send me an email at mr_polite_@hotmail.com . I'll give you my number and we can talk about taking a little expedition. I live in Humble.

Edited by PsiCop

Thanks for correcting me, I had used the Google Maps GPS number to find the location(Correct me if I'm wrong again please! :rolleyes:)!

post-25181-1134891393_thumb.jpg

Edited by KAOSInc

I live on 1960 maybe i could check it out i always past through the rail roads.

maybe i could check it out for some cheap thrills.^_^

Haha, it's not that bad, really. I went back today during the day and we found the graveyard no problem. Actually, that single gravestone I talked about in my original post WAS the graveyard. The graves are scattered about. There was one like 10 feet away from it sticking up right there, and we didn't see it at night. That's how bad our vision was.

If you go at night, take a GOOD flashlight. Little household ones won't do you much good.

BTW, the hobo's name isn't Arthur, it's Austin.

PsiCop, I've been inside the Dollar Theater. I went with a friend and we climbed in through the roof and then into the little ticket selling area that sticks out (you have to climb through there because there's a solid wall that extends above the doors). We just used an empty shopping cart and wooden crate that someone left there (one person held the cart while the other climbed). We also unlocked the doors, but I guess someone locked them back up. It is indeed possible to get in there, but I'm not sure how legal it is, so be careful.

Dang, I feel so left out.... where the heck have I been.

Yadrisil, I tape everything man. How cool would it be to get video footage of the abandoned theatre? It'd be like a real life version of Resident Evil. You know, moving a box so you can climb into the ceiling to get into your destination.

Yeah, you can see where the tiles have been pushed up. Also, I'm sure it's trespassing. One thing I'm afraid of is what if you climbed up there, and then crawled through the ceiling and hopped into the theatre... What if, after that, you couldn't get back out. Say the doors were locked better and you couldn't find a way to get back up through the ceiling. You'd be screwed.

Just something to think about. Then again, the daring nature of it is what makes that sort of thing exciting. Adds a little excitement into your life, hehe.

Edited by PsiCop

• 3 months later...

i signed up just to talk about this, because i live here, and i pass over this area nearly daily to get to work. It is a very very scary area at night. Even passing the traintracks under the overpass is scary. Their is definatly something up with the dollar theatre. My friend went their about a year ago to see the graves at around 2am and he said he a man (who said nothing, and had NO flashlight) wearing some sort of teal coat chased him off the area. No lie. scary stuff. im intrested if anyone else finds anything.

• 2 weeks later...

omg i know this is such an old post but whatever, lol. i so live in humble!!! and i so want to see a haunted church. (okay not really) but i want to, but then i dont wanna get all scared and pee on myself or whatever. lol.

does anyone know the name of the church now?

post-33416-1145677586.jpg

From what I have read previously, it is a storage building now.

Welcome to UM howlingwolf / panic!atthedisco !! Been awhile since I have been back there. So the church is now a storage facility?

Man, that night I went by myself, it just felt wierd, and I usually have no problems going alone anywhere.

Edited by NME_locus