Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

NME_locus

Welcome to UM howlingwolf / panic!atthedisco !! Been awhile since I have been back there. So the church is now a storage facility?

Man, that night I went by myself, it just felt wierd, and I usually have no problems going alone anywhere.

I don't live far from Humble so I drove by that area a couple of days ago after work and didn't see a church. I have lived in this area for a while and can't place where a church may have been but they are developing that area fast.

'NME_locus' if you ever decide to explore the area again let me know. Since I am a noobie, I could use the pointers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've lived in Humble all my life and have to say that some of the information floating around is bogus.

First of all, the cemetery was never moved. It has always been in its current location. Sometime between the fifties--when the last person was buried--and now, it was abandoned and the roads and paths to it eventually became overgrown, then lost. Curious that an entire church and graveyard could just dissappear, I tried to find out who owns, or last owned, the property, but could come up with nothing. I have to assume that no one owns it, seeing as how the surrounding property is easy to verify, but not that piece.

Second: a little girl was murdered in the woods some time back; not several people.

I can't disprove the haunting theory, but I do have several visits to both Golf & Games and AMC under my belt and can say that I have never seen anything out of the ordinary during my time there. Of course I've never been there after closing.

Anyway, happy hunting.

Hi. I've lived in Humble all my life and have to say that some of the information floating around is bogus.

First of all, the cemetery was never moved. It has always been in its current location. Sometime between the fifties--when the last person was buried--and now, it was abandoned and the roads and paths to it eventually became overgrown, then lost. Curious that an entire church and graveyard could just dissappear, I tried to find out who owns, or last owned, the property, but could come up with nothing. I have to assume that no one owns it, seeing as how the surrounding property is easy to verify, but not that piece.

Second: a little girl was murdered in the woods some time back; not several people.

I can't disprove the haunting theory, but I do have several visits to both Golf & Games and AMC under my belt and can say that I have never seen anything out of the ordinary during my time there. Of course I've never been there after closing.

Anyway, happy hunting.

Hey OG,

Thanks for the info.The church does not look like a church, but more of a office building or old warehouse of some sort. I was just spooked from the giant cross out front, but possible that it looked like a church because of the cross out front of some building.

Rgarding the info that I have gotten, there is more than just one cemetery. I have heard that there are quite a few undiscovered graves, and that many are under the Golf & Games and AMC theater. IN Shadowlands, it says something pretty similar though the rest sounds too far fetched:

Humble - 1960 Over Pass Area/Train Track - The East 1960 overpass is now built over what was once a cemetery. The overpass was built to cross a set of train tracks. Workers dug up the cemetery and moved it to the woods beside it. Now It is a extremely evil area. Several business's along the tracks have reported violent disturbances. There was a Putt Putt course along the tracks in the area that became a church, when the church would be closed in the night demonic screams could be heard from inside. The woods are very active as well, There are images seen floating through the woods as well as red lights, which are believed to be a gateway into pure evil.

Humble - Old Golf and Games - This area is now a church but was abandon for years only a haven to cults and ghosts. The ghosts here are the result of being disturbed by man moving their graves. About 97 percent of every sighting in this area the ghost appear as a rotting corpse. There's a bench just outside the building where every night there a white figure that sits on the far side of the bench. The figure is that of a human. The corpse like ghosts can also be seen in the woods across from the building wandering through the turned over gravestones and fallen church. IF YOU ATEMPT TO GO TO THIS AREA PLEASE USE EXTREAME CAUTION, THERE HAVE BEEN MURDERS AND BODIES UNCOVERED IN THE WOODS.

Humble - Old Dollar Theater - This Theater is located along a area believed to be haunted by demons and demonic forces. It is part of the 1960 overpass haunting. The workers of the theater would be attacked by the evil entity. It would throw things at them and corner them with shadows. The theater was once blessed with holy water and a cross was put in the projection booth, but everyday the cross was moved from on booth to another unexplained. Some mornings the person who was opening would hear voices from the projection rooms, and footsteps outside the hall. There was one morning when the projectionist went in and found the word "SATIN" carved in the wall of projection booth 2, this booth was where most of the bang and violent attacks occurred.

Was it supposed to be "SATAN"? That's what I'm assuming. It reminds me of something that happened at the high school where my father-in-law teaches. There used to be a rifle club (yeah, yeah, I know we're bumpkins) but in the eighties there was an "accident" and a student was shot, no charges filed, rifle club was eliminated from the curriculum. There started to be incidents in the school's auditorium where words (murderer, killer, etc.) were found painted on the walls after school hours with no evidence of a break-in. A few years later the guy who had shot the kid was found guilty of a rifle related murder. After that, everyone thought that he probably killed the kid at school on purpose.

724052[/snapback]

Or maybe the ghost was just stating it's taste in bedding. :P

Yeh, satin=evil

silk=good ;)

some more pics

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...e=post&id=17466

See that stone, next time your out there if you do return could you take a spirit level (NO PUN INTENDED B4 U START) and see if that stone has slid the way gravity is pulling it. I'm just curious as if its perfectly level or moved against gravity (moving up the slope) then what caused the stone to sit like it does and why.

Edited by DeadRobot

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...e=post&id=18379

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...e=post&id=17261

The orb photos taken from the visits by lordnikon446 you'll see in both these links to his photos that there is a strange orb that stands out from the rest, an almost eye shaped one, brighter on average to the rest.

I don't live far from Humble so I drove by that area a couple of days ago after work and didn't see a church. I have lived in this area for a while and can't place where a church may have been but they are developing that area fast.

'NME_locus' if you ever decide to explore the area again let me know. Since I am a noobie, I could use the pointers.

Will do. Planning to give PSIcop a ring on the phone to see if he can make it too.

thats a good post. it's freaky. i would never go there alone

Will do. Planning to give PSIcop a ring on the phone to see if he can make it too.

You guys should hit me up too, I talk to PSIcop, so he can let me know something. Umm..PSIcop, let me know something if you are going out there again. lol.

I was going to rotate that marker stone that has slid so its easier to see, but i was unable to get my grafix program to open, i need to finish my backups so i can restore my lappy. I will get that done eventually.

You guys should hit me up too, I talk to PSIcop, so he can let me know something. Umm..PSIcop, let me know something if you are going out there again. lol.

I was going to rotate that marker stone that has slid so its easier to see, but i was unable to get my grafix program to open, i need to finish my backups so i can restore my lappy. I will get that done eventually.

I'll notify you guys.

"Thanks for the info.The church does not look like a church, but more of a office building or old warehouse of some sort. I was just spooked from the giant cross out front, but possible that it looked like a church because of the cross out front of some building."

"Rgarding the info that I have gotten, there is more than just one cemetery. I have heard that there are quite a few undiscovered graves, and that many are under the Golf & Games and AMC theater. IN Shadowlands, it says something pretty similar though the rest sounds too far fetched:"

It's not in your head or anything; the G&G was turned into a church, but it looks like they tore it down and put up that storage facility. It's completely harmless now; but I remember that old building and surrounding area to be mighty creepy at times, especially when they had that fake hangman's gallow thing out front.

And some undiscovered graves are most definitely possible, so don't give up the hunt merely on my word.

Edited by OriginalGuest

"Thanks for the info.The church does not look like a church, but more of a office building or old warehouse of some sort. I was just spooked from the giant cross out front, but possible that it looked like a church because of the cross out front of some building."

"Rgarding the info that I have gotten, there is more than just one cemetery. I have heard that there are quite a few undiscovered graves, and that many are under the Golf & Games and AMC theater. IN Shadowlands, it says something pretty similar though the rest sounds too far fetched:"

It's not in your head or anything; the G&G was turned into a church, but it looks like they tore it down and put up that storage facility. It's completely harmless now; but I remember that old building and surrounding area to be mighty creepy at times, especially when they had that fake hangman's gallow thing out front.

And some undiscovered graves are most definitely possible, so don't give up the hunt merely on my word.

Welcome to UM OG :tu:

Hey, I just went up there last night. I found two things:

1: A single grave from the 1920s that was separate from any large cemetary.

2: A hobo. He actually was really nice. He indeed lives out in those woods where the graveyard is. We talked to him for maybe 15 minutes, asking him about the area. He was a well-kept and tall black man who's named Arthur. He told us about another hobo from the area named Crazy Charlie. He said Charlie wasn't really dangerous, but just kind-of a nutcase. Also, there used to be a lot of homeless people living there about two years ago, but not anymore. Their stuff is still there. We got footage of guys' moldy books and journals, but they were in too bad of shape to bring back with us. He also told us that the reason those woods could be dangerous is because criminals run through there all the time, trying to hide from cops when they're being chased. He's heard nothing about a haunting. He said he'd be glad to help out anyone who goes out there during the day or morning, but he wouldn't advise anyone being up there at night. He lives in a tent out there.

One more thing of notice. The "I" shaped building in that aerial photo is the Humble Administration building. It's fenced, so you have to park at the Motel 8 and walk behind it to get to about where the cemetary is.

We also checked out the Old Dollar Theatre. It's in a shopping center right next to Poncho's (Same shopping center). It's at the 59 and 1960 intersection. There's no feasable way to get inside, although a friend of my partner supposedly got in by climbing through the ceiling tile. The ceiling is pretty high though, maybe 10 feet. I think it'd work, but you'd have to stand on somebody or something to get up there.

I just thought I'd add my experience to this ever-growing thread about the phenomenon. Glad I found this thread and forum. Also, if anyone wants to go out there again, send me an email at mr_polite_@hotmail.com . I'll give you my number and we can talk about taking a little expedition. I live in Humble.

It seems a little strange that there was lots of hobos and then very little with all the hobo populations belongings still left behind.

An explanation of the undead/zombie sightings might have been that what was seen was the hobos wandering about as they are malnutritioned and may appear to be 'dead looking' and thier clothes would have been torn and tattered due to lack of cleaning and living rough.

Another possiblity is that the sightings were of the ghost of the hobos themselves since there was so many that suddenly dissapeared and no evidence shows why or how they did.

A 3rd possiblity is that some sick individual(s) started hunting hobos and is why thier stuff is still there, ties in with the second possibility.

Anyway, happy hunting.

ok hey everyone im new too this forums me and my friends are also new to this whole haunting ordeal but. As of last nite we went to this graveyard and overpass we searched for this church but all we founds was a church parking sign with a arrow pointing down a dead end narrow road but no church aroung????? but were the church is suposed to be thier is a large blue storage building. When we went last nite we couldnt find much at all im form the 1960 and 45 area so not to familier over their but my wise self lol went and talked to the locals not usualy a good thing wen its coming to scary death sh**. but i talkd to this crazy old guy that wuz teln that the tore the church down and moved the graveyard down about 200yard into the woods and he said that recently going down their they found a little girl dead in a cement water pond shot in the face (rip the little girl) well he told us the easiest way to find this place wuz to park at the hotel 8 just on the other side off the over pass on 59 and walk down the hill and wlak into the wood and cross the tracks and u will find it so us as dumnbasss listen to him and doit well we went and strange enuff the old man wuz rite about everything and i want to know why they have the spot u go in marked with a metal poll well we went out their and i took my camera and got some pretty good pictures (i will post them next time im on ) some had red orbs some had white some have blue well we couldnt make it to the graves last nite cause as soon as u step the tracks the wind pics up realy heavily and it gets hard to see but u can see the red orbs coming tword u but as soon as we got on the tracks the flashlites stoped working (they were LED paramedics lites) so they were good for a long while well after a while a couple of us left the woods it started to get to cold and the cops came to the hotel and questiond us and told us that Crazie Charlie had a shot gun out theire the other day so be carfeful if u go...

Well me and my buddies are going out their this evening while we have daylight to scope the place out and get some day footage for yall.

plz anyone wanna go post asap im not shure wut time we are going but if u wanna meet lets go i also got paper work from this place.

Plz someone tell me wut the diff. colored orbs me (red,blue and white)

as we got on the tracks the flashlites stoped working (they were LED paramedics lites) so they were good for a long while

Similar thing happend to me ( post#1 )

LED lights should not drain down that fast because it is not have a light bulb and does not get hot. My LED Flashlight runs off of 3 AAA's which I can use for 72 hours non stop.

All my equipment was using Energizer Rechargable Nickel Metal Hydrade, which will outlast most batteries by 4x. I usually get 100 pictures off of it from my DigiCam. That night, I couldn't even get the camera to stay on.... until I left.

LED lights should not drain down that fast because it is not have a light bulb and does not get hot. My LED Flashlight runs off of 3 AAA's which I can use for 72 hours non stop.

All my equipment was using Energizer Rechargable Nickel Metal Hydrade, which will outlast most batteries by 4x. I usually get 100 pictures off of it from my DigiCam. That night, I couldn't even get the camera to stay on.... until I left.

This might sound really silly but heres a suggestion, next time your out there wrap a camera or whatever uses batteries in tin foil poking holes in the wrapping for lense/focus sensor/buttons/led's etc. This might reduce battery drainage as if theres interfearance thats stopping the batteries from conducting to the equipment in question or draining the batteries the foil might* shield from the interfearance.

* a very BIG might!

Edited by DeadRobot

This might sound really silly but heres a suggestion, next time your out there wrap a camera or whatever uses batteries in tin foil poking holes in the wrapping for lense/focus sensor/buttons/led's etc. This might reduce battery drainage as if theres interfearance thats stopping the batteries from conducting to the equipment in question or draining the batteries the foil might* shield from the interfearance.

* a very BIG might!

Good advice. I already have the static free sheets that I wrap around it, which has the same purpose.

1st photo: Malfunction

Problem is, that was the only place I experienced it, other then the Salem lutheran cemetery while taking a picture standing around the area of Mike's tree. You can see the camera malfunctions and the red area on the pic.

Link to info on Mike's tree: http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/spe...host/video.html

2nd Photo: Same Camera, no malfunction

The same camera, but taken at The Saratoga Ghost Road, with my American Pittbull Terrier going ghost hunting with me looking for the spook lights like Scooby Doo would.

BTW- He's a 7th generation Sorrells/ Yarborouogh Bloodline, ABDA registered, costed $1k when puppy.

I believe that mist in 2nd pic is swamp gas. LOL

Bert Sorrells came from a family of pioneers. His grandfather moved west in a covered wagon with four pitbulls attached to the corners......

http://www.sorrellspitbulls.com/sorrells_history.html

post-15805-1147368733.jpg

post-15805-1147369165.jpg

Edited by NME_locus

well we just got back from the graveyard it wuz empty at the time no crazy bums lol but we did find the tomb they live in that says on the side NWO and they have a big blue tarp as their roof we allso found a bunch of little kids shoes and wut looked to be like kids clothing will post the pics asap.

well we just got back from the graveyard it wuz empty at the time no crazy bums lol but we did find the tomb they live in that says on the side NWO and they have a big blue tarp as their roof we allso found a bunch of little kids shoes and wut looked to be like kids clothing will post the pics asap.

Looks like a ***** hobo estate residing over a beautiful american forrest landscape with interesting atmosphere, no parking (unless vehicle is off-road) and is quite eco-friendly. Visitors welcome tho not-so-welcome by night due to 'edgey atmosphere'. Fees for booking such an establishment are:

a: Guts.

b: Petrol (or gas) money for vehicle traveled there (more if out of country).

c: Lots of batteries.

d: Willing to put up with bum rubbish scattered all over the place.

Hobo mansion welcomes all (execpt for people with heart conditions or of a nervous disposition!) and hopes you enjoy your stay!

PS my apologies to all, was in a silly mood in the time of posting.

pics

Definately nothing spooky there, unless you consider hobos to be scary :P

Edited by Mookie

Definately nothing spooky there, unless you consider hobos to be scary :P

i no those have nothing their but i havnt had time to put the pics from my camera in those were from my buddies camera he couldnt take the pictures at nite with me cause his camera went dead as soon as we got in the woods just like the flashlight i guess thats wut u get when u buy EveryDay batteries from galveston lol but i am hoping to get my pics on asap i got some good one with red orbs chasing us and blue and white ones also...

Harris Co., TX - Cemeteries - Humble Negro Cemetery

This file was contributed for use in the USGenWeb

Archives by: "Angela May" <ladyhawthorne@ev1.net>

Copyright. All rights reserved.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/copyright.htm

http://www.usgenwebarchives.org

Humble Negro Cemetery

Humble, Harris County, Texas

Location: North of F.M. 1960 Bypass, East of the railroad tracks.

Site is overgrown, almost impossible to make out and nearly inaccessible.

Many graves no longer marked, many headstones now missing or broken.

Surveyed by Angela May, April 2003

ladyhawthorne@ev1.net

22811 Ford Rd. #65

Porter, TX 77365

Blunt, Thelma, Oct. 1, 1909 - May 13, 1919 age 9 yrs. "Asleep in Jesus"

D(a or e)cker, born Sept. 10 (?) - died June 16 1923

Hall, Julia, died Jan. 8, 1908 age 45 "At Rest"

Holland, Adline, Mar. 11, 1923 age 67, "Gone But Not Forgotten"

Holland, Mr. Carl, Oct. 26, 1940 age 52 yrs. 2 days

Holland, Fath(?), died 7/30/44

Hopkins, Mary, died July 27, 1919 age 60

Johnson, P. L., Nov. 27, 1871 (possibly date of birth because stone has