Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

NME_locus

Hey there... how has everyone been? My name is NME_Locus.. the original poster on the last topic regarding the 1960 underpass. If you guys would like to go investigate... try contacting PSICOP or JULESNTX.

acctually we have been out there quite a few times. we know numerous ways to get in to the areas and have been over quite a bit of the area with satalitte pictures as well as on foot. The mill is about a mile south of the overpass on the otherside of old humble. just follow the tracks till you see the big clearing on the left. very hard to miss.

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit of a thread bump, I too found this on a Google search after googling onto that one webpage linked in the OP. And I've also lived in Humble area for most of my life. Fellow Humblites (what?), Humbleans, Humberbuns, whatever, should perhaps consult the Russian Orthodox church off main street (near Humble City Cafe). As I understand it they once came close to buying that cemetery but never sealed the deal because of too much red tape or some other vague excuse. At any rate, those seeking to investigate this place further (I believe tonecop had already figured out the church/storage 'mystery' already) should check with that church.

Who the heck is NME locus?.....B

linked-image

Seems like it been so long you forgot who I am BH or short term memory loss? I talked to you many times before. Maybe this will remind you?

linked-image

Edited by NME_locus

Was this hobo in good shape to run from someone? I remember chasing a noise and they were fast. No it was not an animal as I can tell the footsteps of a human and animal.

When was this TOneCop? I found another cool place... I call you guys soon.

When was this TOneCop? I found another cool place... I call you guys soon.

This happened about a month and a half ago. I went alone at night to check on this area and I heard running noises everywhere but they were not animals. You know that I am an avid hunter as well as a former soldier and now cop. I can tell the difference between a person running and an animal. I chased these noises and they were fast. Call me and I will tell you everything. I did tell JulesNTX about it.

Seems like it been so long you forgot who I am BH or short term memory loss? I talked to you many times before. Maybe this will remind you?

linked-image

Hey NME,

I think he will remember your girlfriend's photo. LOL.

A little bit of a thread bump, I too found this on a Google search after googling onto that one webpage linked in the OP. And I've also lived in Humble area for most of my life. Fellow Humblites (what?), Humbleans, Humberbuns, whatever, should perhaps consult the Russian Orthodox church off main street (near Humble City Cafe). As I understand it they once came close to buying that cemetery but never sealed the deal because of too much red tape or some other vague excuse. At any rate, those seeking to investigate this place further (I believe tonecop had already figured out the church/storage 'mystery' already) should check with that church.

I went to my storage today which is where the church used to be. I asked some of the movers if they had anything weird happen at this site. The only thing they mentioned is sometimes a tenant would complain about some of their things being moved in their storages. I will get more info later.

I have mereged both threads discussing this overpass, only one is required to discuss this topic especially when a large and popular one already exists. :tu:

linked-image

yeah, yeah (wazzup :tu: ) ....B

yeah, yeah (wazzup :tu: ) ....B

Wassup..... good win the other night on the game.

There is this place when I live near the ocean front down town called the hanger. any way, I have never been here, only heard stories about it, but alot of school kids go down there everyday after school.

It's suspose to be like the devils house. and some1 does live there cause there is food in the fridge. but like alot of ppl have been raped and killed there. but when the police look into it, no one is there. I wanted to go there on Halloween, but my friends chickened out, and my mom yelled "NO!!!!!!!" at me like a hundred times soooooooooo.....

no go.

• 1 month later...

"The 1960 Overpass Haunting" Update. October 19, 2007

Greetings, PLEASE READ IF U ARE INTERESTED IN FURTHER INVESTIGATING THIS SPECIFIC LOCATION

I am new to this forum, but due to the recent events that ive been up to, in my findings of the graves, the concrete water pits(which up to yesterday there was green water with slime) and my daytime close up photos of the graves, I am furthering my investigation. I was informed of this by a couple of my little brothers friends that just wandered into those woods, and since then i became sort of curious, and so i ran into this forum, other websites, and i was AMAZED at all the stuff that i have seen and backing of my findings in this forum and the history of the grave yard which was past located on 1960 overpass.

Anyways, I want to bring this thread back to life, and I want to further investigate this phenomenon,since ive been living in Humble for over 8 years and never have I heard of such things. Actually, not just in Humble, but the cementary, church and dollar theater are of walking distance from where i reside. I want to investigate all of the 4 hauntings in this supposed Overpass hauntings, which include the church, grave yard, and the putt putt golf locations.

My story is, i live right in front of the train tracks and i hear them every time i sleep. I live in Township, which is a condo community right in front of the train tracks. In fact, when i was a little younger, we did go into the woods by where i live but didnt find anything but old concrete blocks by where the train station used to be(from what i heard it was a train station in the past) Now im 18 and i found out that there was a cementary and that an area where i live and now im all over this phenomenon.

So as soon as we found out we did a night time visit. The first time, we failed in locating the entrance to the cementary so we walked back to the railroads and went home. The next day, we went in the daytime, this time successfully finding the graveyards, graves, and even the concrete water pits(huge water pits with green slime and shoes and other trash in it, invaded by frogs turtles and a possible aligator, not sure). But when we went we were clueless that it was famous for its evil hauntings and sorts. Now 2 days later i found all this and this forum and now im creeped out even more, but it makes me want to go just to prove to myself that ghosts and phenomenon like that is real.

We want to go back again, since we havent succesfully located the church. If someone is interested in going with us, I have an apartment we can all meet at, mine of course, we have flash lights, some cameras. I am very geographically familiar with this are, I know where the dollar theater is at and everything. I saw the supposed church but now, its some sort of storage thing covered in NO TRESPASSING signs and a black gate.

So, in conclusion I want to get a group of people. Ghost hunters, friends, and/ or people that just want to experience it. We have starter equipment, flashlights digital cams but no Efm readers or any of that high tech stuff. I want to really further investigate this site, and possibly document our findings during the daylight and night time. I will go just to look around but not document like i want to yet until i get the serious group of people that are interested in coming with me. If anyone is interested, please reach me out somehow. heres my contact info and i hope to hear from some of yall soon. Thank you.

Amed Mejia

Humble, Tx 77338

(832) 208-3431

www.myspace.com/bad2bone2212

Yahoo: bad2bone2212

MSn: bad2bone2212@hotmail.com

AIM: bad2bone2212

yeah that is really creepy all this stuff about it, I also reside here really near and i have only gone into those woods at night and daytime. in the daytime all we could here is just steps but nothing else and such, also a really big deer that scared the crap out of me in the beginining. but in the night time DO NOT TAKE GIRLS TO GO, (even if they said they wont be scared) LIEEEEESSS . lately there is just tall grass and only a couple stones can be found unless you search the whoole yard.

the church is just a storage but im wondering if ghost still reside there?

I still wished the church was there, it would be so great to visit it with a group of people,

So guys today(daylight) we are gonna document a little bit, walk around scout the area

i will post pictures of the different locations, for example the entrance, walkway grave area

concrete pits etc

I will try to reach the mill but i dont know where its located so it might take a little more time

i will take pics of where the church used to be and the overpass itself.for yalls future reference in case yall want to visit.

ill let yall know what happens after we come bak

although id like to mentionm the last time we went by daylight, we heard footsteps almost like if they were following us

but didnt think much of it since we werent aware of the histoory of this place yet. but now it all matches the storyes by some of yall described here

so afterwards we were a little creeped out.

were gonna go see wuts up there today

be back in a little while with the info

• 2 weeks later...

so after last nights exploration, we got some interesting info on the area and the abandoned, haunted theater plus an awsome EVP to prove its haunting. going back for more.

Sorry, I have not posted for a while. I have not had the chance to post or go back to the area because I've been busy at work. Good job investigating guys. Did anyone get any pictures of inside the theater? The church is located close to the underpass. It's not a typical style church, it's more like a modern store, it's all white. The last time I remebered passing underneath the uncerpass, there was a huge cross standing in the front of it.

Hm... Well as you all know yesterday was halloween, Friday night me and three other people, ryan*, Zach*, and Mattie* went out to the location yall are talkin about, no uneasy feelings to really mention, the scariest thing that happened was running into another group of kids out lookin for a thrill. I think the Put Put golf they are talking about is now a storage place, and i think it used to be the church also. they had just that day been in the cemetary cleaning it up and marking all the headstones other that that it was quiet. I have lived in Humble since 92, i know this area damn well. maybe we just got lucky and missed out i dunno but it seemed lame to me, anyone wanna go back out there with me shoot me a email at chvyguy1994@hotmail.com or hit up my myspace www.myspace.com/chvyguy1998

Sorry, I have not posted for a while. I have not had the chance to post or go back to the area because I've been busy at work. Good job investigating guys. Did anyone get any pictures of inside the theater? The church is located close to the underpass. It's not a typical style church, it's more like a modern store, it's all white. The last time I remebered passing underneath the uncerpass, there was a huge cross standing in the front of it.

Yeah we were up there last night, Bad2bone2212 which is my brother and didnt really met up with stefano but we saw them there and also met up with nemonic-hunter and checked it out but there was just full drunkies and weed smoking and people looking to see something halfway passing out.

Anyways about the Theater, Apparently it is haunted, our expireience there last night was astonishing and its crazy.

The way the lights were on, There was light still not being shut off, which really I don't think the city will pay thelight bill for an abandoned place. Nemonic hunter gathered an evp signal of what some sort of voice was heard and bangings.

And cops...

anyways we should get a view of what the places looks like as in a map of where everything is, theres actually alot of rooms in that building also pairs of stairs leading up to the projection booth.

Trying to bring this thread back to life cause apperantly the woods might have been died out but for some reason i didnt feel like the theater wasnt either, there is still something in there.

Crazy eh?

well we went back tonight and we have realized that we get more activity when we are in small groups of 2 or 3 in a certain area. i will post the EVP as soon as i filter through the voice recording we got tonight and pics and all. i will update with the lastest EVP and info on it when i can.

well we went back tonight and we have realized that we get more activity when we are in small groups of 2 or 3 in a certain area. i will post the EVP as soon as i filter through the voice recording we got tonight and pics and all. i will update with the lastest EVP and info on it when i can.

I wanted to go with several people but we had so much activity that I had to work. I am planning to go during the day time next week as i have it off. Let me know if interested.

I wanted to go with several people but we had so much activity that I had to work. I am planning to go during the day time next week as i have it off. Let me know if interested.

I'm interested to go anytime of the week in the daytime next week. I live about 2 minutes from there. You got something like yahoo or aim?

I'm interested to go anytime of the week in the daytime next week. I live about 2 minutes from there. You got something like yahoo or aim?

PM me and let's figure out a day to go out.