Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

NME_locus

This thread is 90 percent bs. someone should post pics.THis was described as an abondond town then when you se the pics the only thing abandond is a theater.and someone needs to show the inside!

I live very near Humble Tx, i live in Houston. My mothere visits her friend in humble almost every week. She has never told me about any of this weird stufff

I have pictures and Video of everything haunted in humble. Nothing really crossed our path except one time at 3 AM when me my brother, a friend matt and 2 girls came and we did a ouija board Inside booth #2 at the theather. Well believe or not Everytime we asked a question we would ask to creek the walls for example we asked. "Is there more than 2 spirits present, creek the wall once for yes and 2 for no" We would get 1 creek, Then we would ask for the ages and sh**.

At the end when I got on the ouija with a girl we asked it if it wanted us to leave and the wall creeked about 6 times right after another. It was pretty scary, Came back the next night, No creeking at all occured when we didthe ouija.

Just a lil sign that we actually had contact. One thing is that every time we asked questions it would never creek more than 2. execpt the last question i asked.

Pretty crazy, We also recorded but it was less inactivity, then matt said I got an idea lets stop recording and right after that all the inactivity came up somehow.

Crazy but I dont know.

The woods I would call dead.

Nothing ever happens at the woods not even at midnight.

Hey there,

I cant believe I came across a thread on this site, but i wanted to share my experiences. First I was the founder of my old group East Texas Paranormal (site linked to earlier in thread), and have investigated this area alot the last couple of years having lived here in humble for awhile.

Humble Negro Cemetery/ 1960 graveyard.

This is where i have spent alot of time, and its very haunted. The first time I found the site in mid day (sometime in 04')I distinctly heard a 7-9 yr old African American girl yell for her "mommy!"about 5 feet behind me. Very real and very sad. On real investigations i have seen a lantern being held, flip up opposite of gravity while reading a headstone. I have seen shadows. I have had whispers in my ear a whole night one time, and a fellow investigator had the same phenomena. We didn't share the experience until leaving. I have seen footsteps go through grass in front of me during the day. I have caught a mist on film, and about 3 evps. Ive heard footsteps, and well... alot of other experiences. I have never gotten an "evil" feeling or seen a horrible apparition, always pretty comfortable feeling, but whats out there is REAL.

Golf & Games / Church.

Never got to do an investigation at this property however I was able to interview a few of the builders who worked on the site while remodeling it into a storage building. They were not aware of the haunting at the time (were aware of the "haunted woods" across the street), but they told me about weird feelings inside and that a few times the lights they were using would go off and on by themselves.

Theater.

Never able to investigate this because i don't break into places... but did have a few friends who went in there one time looking to be scared and well... they didnt go back. My friend told me they heard a woman yell, and a door slam.... I have no reason not to believe this friend.

I was able to interview a woman who owned a small shop (ice cream i think) that was no more than 20 feet from the theater doors. Upon asking her if anything out of the ordinary ever happened she immediately took me outside away from her kids and proceed to tell me that her place was cursed by "something bad", and that all places of business around the area were struggling. Besides that she told me that her oven came on and off by itself, cold chills in this Houston heat during the summer, and that she couldn't wait for her lease to be up so she could get the hell away from whatever was around. The store in no longer open. Plus many other have since gone empty.

If anyone is still interested i can post up pictures or the evps i have caught over time...

If you got out to this site please be respectful!

Hey there,

I cant believe I came across a thread on this site, but i wanted to share my experiences. First I was the founder of my old group East Texas Paranormal (site linked to earlier in thread), and have investigated this area alot the last couple of years having lived here in humble for awhile.

Humble Negro Cemetery/ 1960 graveyard.

This is where i have spent alot of time, and its very haunted. The first time I found the site in mid day (sometime in 04')I distinctly heard a 7-9 yr old African American girl yell for her "mommy!"about 5 feet behind me. Very real and very sad. On real investigations i have seen a lantern being held, flip up opposite of gravity while reading a headstone. I have seen shadows. I have had whispers in my ear a whole night one time, and a fellow investigator had the same phenomena. We didn't share the experience until leaving. I have seen footsteps go through grass in front of me during the day. I have caught a mist on film, and about 3 evps. Ive heard footsteps, and well... alot of other experiences. I have never gotten an "evil" feeling or seen a horrible apparition, always pretty comfortable feeling, but whats out there is REAL.

Golf & Games / Church.

Never got to do an investigation at this property however I was able to interview a few of the builders who worked on the site while remodeling it into a storage building. They were not aware of the haunting at the time (were aware of the "haunted woods" across the street), but they told me about weird feelings inside and that a few times the lights they were using would go off and on by themselves.

Theater.

Never able to investigate this because i don't break into places... but did have a few friends who went in there one time looking to be scared and well... they didnt go back. My friend told me they heard a woman yell, and a door slam.... I have no reason not to believe this friend.

I was able to interview a woman who owned a small shop (ice cream i think) that was no more than 20 feet from the theater doors. Upon asking her if anything out of the ordinary ever happened she immediately took me outside away from her kids and proceed to tell me that her place was cursed by "something bad", and that all places of business around the area were struggling. Besides that she told me that her oven came on and off by itself, cold chills in this Houston heat during the summer, and that she couldn't wait for her lease to be up so she could get the hell away from whatever was around. The store in no longer open. Plus many other have since gone empty.

If anyone is still interested i can post up pictures or the evps i have caught over time...

If you got out to this site please be respectful!

Hi Ghostopogo,

That would be very interesting to see and listen. I also had one experience not to long ago near the cemetary one night. I think I actually chased one of these beings. I heard noises in the woods near the cemetary and being an experienced hunter knew these were not animals. I was alone and decided to approach the source of the noises. It ran from me and I could not even catch a glimpse of it. I knew that it was not a man or animal as I would catch a good glimpse of it even in the dark. I did learn that you must venture in the area alone for the entities to reveal themselves to you. What do you think.

I have pictures and Video of everything haunted in humble. Nothing really crossed our path except one time at 3 AM when me my brother, a friend matt and 2 girls came and we did a ouija board Inside booth #2 at the theather. Well believe or not Everytime we asked a question we would ask to creek the walls for example we asked. "Is there more than 2 spirits present, creek the wall once for yes and 2 for no" We would get 1 creek, Then we would ask for the ages and sh**.

At the end when I got on the ouija with a girl we asked it if it wanted us to leave and the wall creeked about 6 times right after another. It was pretty scary, Came back the next night, No creeking at all occured when we didthe ouija.

Just a lil sign that we actually had contact. One thing is that every time we asked questions it would never creek more than 2. execpt the last question i asked.

Pretty crazy, We also recorded but it was less inactivity, then matt said I got an idea lets stop recording and right after that all the inactivity came up somehow.

Crazy but I dont know.

The woods I would call dead.

Nothing ever happens at the woods not even at midnight.

You need to venture alone at night for something to reveal. I suspect that the spirits are shy or still afraid.

I live very near Humble Tx, i live in Houston. My mothere visits her friend in humble almost every week. She has never told me about any of this weird stufff

I felt the same way when I moved here five years ago.

Edited by tonecop45

I have gone about 30 times to the Theater inside and the woods all over at night, even midnight i never get anything paranormal. well maybe sometuff but not as big like chasing down things or hearing a woman yell, or doors shutting.

lot of things, i am positive they are shy with a group larger than 2, 100% positive becasue i have not gone with only one person but i will sometime soon

I have gone about 30 times to the Theater inside and the woods all over at night, even midnight i never get anything paranormal. well maybe sometuff but not as big like chasing down things or hearing a woman yell, or doors shutting.

lot of things, i am positive they are shy with a group larger than 2, 100% positive becasue i have not gone with only one person but i will sometime soon

Give it a shot at going alone. I did two times one in the day time and one at night. I had more experiences in the nightime.

• 3 weeks later...

The cemetery is called the Humble Negro Cemetery. Ca. around 1900. WWI and WWII soldiers buried there.

Black cemetery. Not sure if the railroad was built over any graves but might be. Be careful, there are homeless living in the woods around the cemetery. They have camps there and jump on the train when they can.

Thanks, George E. Wolf Jr.

History Cemetery Research

Cemeteries of Harris Co.,Texas by George E. Wolf Jr.

Hey guys,

I record alot of cemeteries in the Harris Co. area and this is the first time I heard about the cemetery being haunted.

I recorded the Humble Negro Cemetery on Feb. 16.2008. Nothing strange. The cemetery is either being restored or moved. The pvc pipe is to mark all the unmarked graves. Hopefully it is being restored. I walked the back way through the fence, across the tracks to the cemetery. You could smell the camp fires from the homeless camps.

Added this cemetery to my site. CEMETERIES OF HARRIS CO.,TEXAS

Humble Negro Cemetery Photos

The cemetery is called the Humble Negro Cemetery. Ca. around 1900. WWI and WWII soldiers buried there.

Black cemetery. Not sure if the railroad was built over any graves but might be. Be careful, there are homeless living in the woods around the cemetery. They have camps there and jump on the train when they can.

Thanks, George E. Wolf Jr.

History Cemetery Research

Hey Boneyardwolf,

That make sense what you are saying. My group thought it was a slave cemetary. One my my group members got a EVP of the word Washington after she was asking if their is anyone in the area. I heard the word Washington after she asked this question. My guess was that it was a negro slave named Washington but that could change if it was a veteran cemetary. the person who recorded this EVP is name JulesNTX in this forum. I have never had any issues with the homeless guys in the area. Thanks for the information as this could definately be helpful. I can now instruct some EVP persons to ask military questions to confirm if they are soldiers.

this site (the texas one not um) is BS. Notice all these people say "i'v been there a dozen times" yet why are there no pics of the inside of the theater(the only scary thing).also the op said a haunted and abandond town.that is also a big fat load of BS.the only thing not in use is the theaterand also notice alot of people who live there say they have seen nothing strange. .someone plz post pics of inside the theater,so all of us who live a few k miles away get the picture,of what this place is like..

Edited by silverracerkh2005

this site (the texas one not um) is BS. Notice all these people say "i'v been there a dozen times" yet why are there no pics of the inside of the theater(the only scary thing).also the op said a haunted and abandond town.that is also a big fat load of BS.the only thing not in use is the theaterand also notice alot of people who live there say they have seen nothing strange. .someone plz post pics of inside the theater,so all of us who live a few k miles away get the picture,of what this place is like..

First off Mr. Silver,

the theater is still private property and entering it would be considered tresspassing. The theater is also condemed and will not be accessible without the permission from the owner and City Engineers. If you want I have pics of the outside back area of the theater when I checked the area during my investigation. Let me know if you want to see them or just check out my earlier post as they are available. trying to encourage someone to commit a crime is not a good idea for your benefit. If you feel that this site is BS then just go to the next and stop wasting the time of people who are trying to obtain evidence.

Edited by tonecop45

I am going with some friends tonight to try and find this place. I am excited, i dont know if I want to experience half of what some of you have. Sounds like a crazy place.

First off Mr. Silver,

the theater is still private property and entering it would be considered tresspassing. The theater is also condemed and will not be accessible without the permission from the owner and City Engineers.

uhhh huhhh. well a bunch of people came on here and said they went in,all i'm saying isi,if you are already in,take som *****ing pics.to prove your stupid claims.

trying to encourage someone to commit a crime is not a good idea for your benefit.
don't threatn me mr. cop. I never said to break any laws.I never broke any laws.If others have been in those places and are going in there anyway y no pics?I have done nothing wrong.

If you feel that this site is BS then just go to the next and stop wasting the time of people who are trying to obtain evidence.

Umm no.for one reason the op and alot of the stuff said is complete lies.most the haunted buildings don't even exist.and it is not an abandond town.I want the people who say its haunted and that they hae seen things to post some proof tht the area even exists.If you are "investigating" you shoud at least take and post some pics of the area.many people have no problem saying,they broke in all those areas.but don't even bother to post pics.and as old as this thread is,there should be pics.thes people that go there and don't even bother to take pics,are NOT trying to "obtain evidence".

uhhh huhhh. well a bunch of people came on here and said they went in,all i'm saying isi,if you are already in,take som *****ing pics.to prove your stupid claims.

don't threatn me mr. cop. I never said to break any laws.I never broke any laws.If others have been in those places and are going in there anyway y no pics?I have done nothing wrong.

Umm no.for one reason the op and alot of the stuff said is complete lies.most the haunted buildings don't even exist.and it is not an abandond town.I want the people who say its haunted and that they hae seen things to post some proof tht the area even exists.If you are "investigating" you shoud at least take and post some pics of the area.many people have no problem saying,they broke in all those areas.but don't even bother to post pics.and as old as this thread is,there should be pics.thes people that go there and don't even bother to take pics,are NOT trying to "obtain evidence".

Again, if you think this thread is a complete lie, then move on. Nobody is asking you to stay and believe the people that are trying to obtain what you are requesting. Also when writing, please use correct grammar and spelling.

Again, if you think this thread is a complete lie, then move on. Nobody is asking you to stay and believe the people that are trying to obtain what you are requesting. Also when writing, please use correct grammar and spelling.

lmao,everyone uses chat words,so you can just get over that.and why do you have an issue with me asking for pics of the area?I'ts not like i'm asking for ap pics or anything,just some normal pics of the area.If you live there and know so much about the area why is that so bad for me to ask of them?

lmao,everyone uses chat words,so you can just get over that.and why do you have an issue with me asking for pics of the area?I'ts not like i'm asking for ap pics or anything,just some normal pics of the area.If you live there and know so much about the area why is that so bad for me to ask of them?

You are asking for pics of an area that is unreachable and could be supplied at the right time. You are also coming to this site which you have no bearing with but to ridicule the people who are trying to obtain an evidence. Like other things, it takes time. I just don't like the fact that you are coming here and calling us liars in this particular forum. If you feel so strong about then again move on and quit ridiculing us.

Are you on drugs or just drunk? This is UM, not the "Texas site". Specifically, this is a thread on the UM site. The thread pre-dates the "Texas site". If you have issues with the Texas site you should go there and air them, not here.

Like any place of great interest, this one also has great controversies surrounding it. The only other thread that I know of which approaches this size is the one about the DuPont mansion. There are also controversies surrounding it. I've been professionally trained to detect lies as best as a human being can and I don't see any here. People may believe things which will ultimately be proven untrue, but I don't see any liars. Tonecop, for one, is a highly respected poster here. Show some.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I record alot of cemeteries in the Harris Co. area and this is the first time I heard about the cemetery being haunted.

I recorded the Humble Negro Cemetery on Feb. 16.2008. Nothing strange. The cemetery is either being restored or moved. The pvc pipe is to mark all the unmarked graves. Hopefully it is being restored. I walked the back way through the fence, across the tracks to the cemetery. You could smell the camp fires from the homeless camps.

Added this cemetery to my site. CEMETERIES OF HARRIS CO.,TEXAS

Humble Negro Cemetery Photos

A local church starting restoring it two years ago, but being volunteers I believe what you mentioned is the extent of their restoration. And since it's not open to the public the city isn't going to do anything about it.

Are you on drugs or just drunk? This is UM, not the "Texas site". Specifically, this is a thread on the UM site. The thread pre-dates the "Texas site". If you have issues with the Texas site you should go there and air them, not here.

this thread is about the texas site is it or is it not? are you drunk or high? i'm talking about the area in texas not a web site.

it was said all this haunted town is there but in reality it is gone,all but the theater and forest that is.are you telling me i'm wrong? because it's been said and shown in here that the town is gone,or restored.

Edited by silverracerkh2005

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad to see this topic is still strong. its been a while since me and my group have been there. the theory about the spirits being shy is correct. my group and ollie12 went to the theather and tested it. we got more of a responce when its just 2 people exploring. we do have a few new EVP's since i last posted. PM me if you wish to hear them. Also ollie12 has a bunch of pics i need to get and post up. since we have heard more info on what the cemetary is and it truely is, we would like to conduct another night time investigation. we will have our normal equipment and possibly a ouija board. we are planning for this week so if anyone wants to go, please PM me and let me know so i know whos coming. srry for being away from the topic for a while.