Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Criss Angel Mindfreak

Yugure

Criss Angel, I have seen many episodes of his show, and so much of it is so obviously "spur of the moment" "on the spot" that you wouldn't be able to computer-generate such things... no "random audience" can act that shocked.

Have you seen when he puts his arm through a man's chest?

Have you seen him go through a glass window without damaging the glass?

Have you seen him climb down the side of a stucco building without any climbing equipment... what-so-ever?

Have you seen him levitate a girl he rendured unconcious and then run a hulla hoop over her (aka showing no strings)

Have you seen when he stole that woman's legs and they had to catch her legs?! That was too wierd.

Have you seen him impale himself on a rod iron fence in a local neighborhood (three large spikes penetrated his chest-area all the way through) and then someone had to help pull him off? His shirt was torn, but no injurries.

Seriously, I wonder... Is he real or just a cable-tv fabricated illusion all by himself?

Did he really do those things without Computer-generated assistance?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BRAT2

• l31ade

• pinOi32

• Black_Spade

How can you seriously believe that criss angel is real? What do you think he is Jesus or something?

I hate to break it to you, but Criss Angel is an illusionist who also taps into the power of "Mind over matter". You see, Criss Angel is on television, therefore it is related to money, the better and bigger the illusion the more money. As well as he wants to impress people, he has worked hard to gain status as an illusionist, topping other illusionists such as Harry Houdini. However there is nothing too special about Criss Angel, all of his tricks have secrets and explanations behind them, he is skilled in making you question if what you saw was real. But it is not, it is nothing more than illusion. And the other stunts he pulls, such as balancing the weight of a hummer on a bed of nails, is "Mind over matter". He trains very substantially, weight training, etc etc, to do what he does. There is a switch in all of our minds that controls pain, he's tapped into the ability of a deep meditative state in which it is actually possible to dull or even ignore pain entirely. It is not an easy thing and I'm sure he has had substantial training there too.

mDarkPoet is completely correct he is a great illusionist nothing more

Exactly!!Smoke and mirrors...

as far as i know he doesn't use any form of editing (cgi or otherwise) he's a great magician and a master illusionist easily one of the best i really enjoy what he does, but no theres no real magic here at all just the ability to screw with your mind

Edited by DДrk_Lotu§

It's a mindfreak *winks* ah but at least one thing he's got going for him, he's good looking, women tune in just to get an eyeful of him shirtless

He does do some cool stuff....fun to watch, and 'mind freaking' as said above....but nothing more.

I actually don't even WANT to know how he does it...knowing ruins it for me.

Whenever I see Chriss, I see a little kid begging for attention. David Blaine's more my style.

Hey, this is my first post here on UM. I've been browsing around here for a couple of months, reading posts, etc.

I am also an amateur magician and am a member on several magic forums.

Criss Angel has been known to use camera tricks and stooges in many of his effects on T.V.

For this reason he has lost a lot of respect in the magic community.

Anyway, thought I might be able to provide a little more information on the subject.

It's a mindfreak *winks* ah but at least one thing he's got going for him, he's good looking, women tune in just to get an eyeful of him shirtless

got that right!! oh and of coarse his tricks are awsome and stuff.. lol

I think what the original poster is asking is Do you think he actually tricks the mind of the audience? Do you think he successfully pulls of the illussion, flat. Or is he simply manipulating with special effects.

I mean obviously he's using illusion and its not really happening. But there's a difference for example in him "stopping the camera" so he has enough time to run over to another area, or using a body double, and actually pulling off a live trick.

Hey btw, He's Greek did anyone know that?

i don't understand what you're asking... are you wondering if he can actually do these things?! if so, c'mon, just think about it. anyway, if there was someone out there that could actually do things like this, do you think they'd be some common street performer? this guy might as well have a monkey with him in matching clothes.

Criss Angel has never claimed to be anything more than a great illusionist. Having said that, he is the best at what he does, and he's fooled us all time after time. But I don't want to act too impressed until I see him live. It is certainly a lot easier to fool me on the TV than in person.

This guy is unreal he does really great Trick's, But thats just it he's doing a TRICK it's not real he's juts gifted thats all and can make you think your seeing stuff when really your not....I must admitt i do love to watch him.....

as far as i know he doesn't use any form of editing (cgi or otherwise) he's a great magician and a master illusionist easily one of the best i really enjoy what he does, but no theres no real magic here at all just the ability to screw with your mind

He edits every scene. There isnt a scene of him doing a trick in one take, its always edited.

May be good but he doesn't have a shade on Derren Brown :)

Derren Brown is simply amazing...

Some of his true street magic is good but all his big things are completely fake. I mean if you look at the water you can clearly see the sheets of glass or perspex he is walking on. And lets face it all magic tricks are a their heart exactly that tricks an illusions.

there was this one episode where he pushed his arm through a glass window without the glass breaking, and people were watching...can u actually do that? no.

Edited by pinOi32

Chriss is a great illusionist, he dosn't know real magic!

My reason for beliving this is because if he really knew REAL magic, he'd probebly take the JREF challenge!

I agree with the majority. A trick is a trick. Criss Angel is not a god or gifted with extraordinary powers. His tricks are good but his show is horrible. No one wants to hear about his emo life and how much it hurt to put on a helmet.

:( Guys! You are totally bursting my bubble! I love chris and I would love to think that some one could really impale themselves and be uninjured. I know its all in my head but some one please explain how he tore this woman in half?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r0BukAy_dko

Some valid points here are that she was very freaked out, its a great single take shot, and Chris him self seemed a little disturbed and unsure what to do in the after math. Please I'm totally serious. I'm blonde here, explain. Help me to understand. . .

Everything else I have seen him do is totaslly illusionary, I know, but I have trouble with this one.

That person is planted in the audience and is, in fact, 2 people stacked on top of each other.

The one on top that you see is, sadly, only half of a woman. The 'fear' is staged and 'walks' away very well on her arms which she might not have been able to do if she had just lost her legs!