Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

perfect circle=crazy?

telirium

i once heard that if you drew an absolutely perfect round circle without any mistakes that you would go insane. i know its physically impossible to do this but has anyone else heard of it?

i once heard that if you drew an absolutely perfect round circle without any mistakes that you would go insane. i know its physically impossible to do this but has anyone else heard of it?

Actually, there is an asian culture that do draw perfect circles for meditative purposes. I forget the name of this technique, but once I figure it out, i'll give it to you.

Actually, there is an asian culture that do draw perfect circles for meditative purposes. I forget the name of this technique, but once I figure it out, i'll give it to you.

Please do sounds insteresting a perfect circle.

You would go insane trying to do it. Mathematically perfect circles are almost impossible without the use of a computer.

A circle with an infinite radius would look like a straight line; so draw a line with a ruler and you have (part of) a perfect circle. :D

• Like 1

A circle with an infinite radius would look like a straight line; so draw a line with a ruler and you have (part of) a perfect circle. :D

:lol: oi! that's cheating!

I've known some old school drafters that can draw near perfect circles, actually, my father can do it (or they look pretty perfect to me). I love watching him do this, he holds the pencil lightly in his fingers, then without touching the paper, starts to make a circular motion with his hand, then quickly lowers the pencil to the paper and voila! A perfect or near perfect circle appears. It's pretty cool to watch him do... some people doodle hearts and squares when they're bored, my dad does circles. haha.

Didn't Michaelangelo get the job in the Sistine by showing his skills by drawing a perfect circle freehand ? Or is that just another urban legend ?

I've never heard of drwing a perfect circle will drive you crazy. Probably a simple UL because, no one can do it to find out! The Vice Pincipal at the school I went to for fifth grade, (big time long time ago), once told my class that the only person who could draw a perfect circle was DiVinci.

A circle with an infinite radius would look like a straight line; so draw a line with a ruler and you have (part of) a perfect circle.
And when I tried that in a bar bet, I got shot, your honor. Actually, that just sounds like the beginning of a long list of events in which I prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am, in fact, a wiseass!

I have a micrometer.... I'll have Dad do his circle trick then I can get some measurements to see if they're as close to perfect as I think they are. From eyeballing them, they look like they're consistantly about 8mm in diameter. Now I'm really interested to see how close he is. Oh fun! I get to go hassle dad! I love it when that happens! :rofl:

I've never heard of drwing a perfect circle will drive you crazy. Probably a simple UL because, no one can do it to find out! The Vice Pincipal at the school I went to for fifth grade, (big time long time ago), once told my class that the only person who could draw a perfect circle was DiVinci.

I might have got my earlier post wrong and it was Da Vinci who drew a perfect circle freehand when he was being commissioned for a portrait (Mona Lisa?) to show what a great artist he was

And when I tried that in a bar bet, I got shot, your honor. Actually, that just sounds like the beginning of a long list of events in which I prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am, in fact, a wiseass!

:P

I might have got my earlier post wrong and it was Da Vinci who drew a perfect circle freehand when he was being commissioned for a portrait (Mona Lisa?) to show what a great artist he was

You were right the first time, but Da Vinci is supposedly the first person to have been able to draw a perfect circle.

Get this, peeps.

The world free hand champion draws a 'perfect' circle 1 meter in diameter in... LESS THAN A SECOND!!!

Cool, huh?

I think that people that can draw circles and lines near perfect, are naturally good at drawing. This is how I know I suck at drawing and should stick to photography.

I'm suddenly seeing lots of new meaning behind the name of one of my favorite bands, A Perfect Circle. Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

I think that people that can draw circles and lines near perfect, are naturally good at drawing. This is how I know I suck at drawing and should stick to photography.

prove it! :P

Damn did wrong quote, i mean to the youtube link!

Ye ive seen that a long time ago. That guy is pro lol.

Edited by Sonny9921

I'm suddenly seeing lots of new meaning behind the name of one of my favorite bands, A Perfect Circle. Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Billy Howerdel was insane long before circles came into play here... :tu:

Billy Howerdel was insane long before circles came into play here... :tu:

Maynard's got him beat. There is a fine line between genius and insanity........

Maynard's got him beat. There is a fine line between genius and insanity........

Sorry to go off the main topic here...

Tool is a class all its own, I definately agree with you there, but then again... what does Tool, let alone Maynard have to do with perfect circles? :tu:

Get this, peeps.

The world free hand champion draws a 'perfect' circle 1 meter in diameter in... LESS THAN A SECOND!!!

Cool, huh?

That guy needs a new hobby ASAP.

I used to be able to draw a perfect circle and I'm BPD and MD so maybe it's true :lol:

Actually, Friday I went to my folks house and took my micrometer with me. Yes, my dad can draw a perfect circle! His are small ranging in size from 8mm's to 10mm's. when I measured them, they were perfect as far as I could tell.

He used a .05 technical pen, and I measured the inside line in about 20 places, I didn't have to move the slide once.

Dad is far from crazy or insane. He's just a quiet sweet guy who was trained in drafting and draws circles when he's on the phone or when my mother is yapping at him non-stop. :lol:

Edited by MissMelsWell