Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Village of the Little People

Mighty Arcturus

This is not a paranormal mystery just an oddity and my personal story about it.

Back in about 1983 an aquaintance was telling my freind and I about a strange

village full of little people he found with his buddy while looking for a place to party.

He said there were strange miniature houses occupied by tiny people and told us

how to get there, he also warned us they did not like visitors on the private road

and were semi-hostile. Without giving the exact location it is just below the late

Bob Hope's house on the hill between Cathedral City and Palm Springs, CA.

So one night we decide to see for ourselves and headed up the dirt road which

finally ended in a culdesac where there were about 6 tiny houses that looked like

they were out of a fairy tale, sticks and cobblestone and such. I actually recognized

these houses from an episode of Night Gallery. A couple little people came out of

the houses and appeared very irritated so we sped off but came back a while later.

This time they were waiting for us and had set a trap at the bottleneck by staging a

hay wagon next to it in the road. When we arrived the little people came swarming

out and running towards the hay wagon when a giant over 7 feet tall crawled out of

one of the doors on his hands and knees and also ran to the wagon and they were

all grabbing it and pushing and pulling it to try and block us in but we were a little

too quick and slipped by just in time. These people were dressed like characters in

Lord of the Rings, the houses were very similar, it was just so surreal, I will never

forget "The Village of the Little People."

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mighty Arcturus

• DarlingNikki

• Teej

• Veliska

What are you on and why aren't you sharing? :huh:

Wow.. :mellow:

to be honest, i think i would be scared :lol:

quote name='Mighty Arcturus' date='Jun 28 2007, 04:00 AM' post='1747802']

This is not a paranormal mystery just an oddity and my personal story about it.

Back in about 1983 an aquaintance was telling my freind and I about a strange

village full of little people he found with his buddy while looking for a place to party.

He said there were strange miniature houses occupied by tiny people and told us

how to get there, he also warned us they did not like visitors on the private road

and were semi-hostile. Without giving the exact location it is just below the late

Bob Hope's house on the hill between Cathedral City and Palm Springs, CA.

So one night we decide to see for ourselves and headed up the dirt road which

finally ended in a culdesac where there were about 6 tiny houses that looked like

they were out of a fairy tale, sticks and cobblestone and such. I actually recognized

these houses from an episode of Night Gallery. A couple little people came out of

the houses and appeared very irritated so we sped off but came back a while later.

This time they were waiting for us and had set a trap at the bottleneck by staging a

hay wagon next to it in the road. When we arrived the little people came swarming

out and running towards the hay wagon when a giant over 7 feet tall crawled out of

one of the doors on his hands and knees and also ran to the wagon and they were

all grabbing it and pushing and pulling it to try and block us in but we were a little

too quick and slipped by just in time. These people were dressed like characters in

Lord of the Rings, the houses were very similar, it was just so surreal, I will never

forget "The Village of the Little People."

2 questions:

About how many feet are they? and Did you take pictures?

LMAO! That was my first thoughts, too. Must be good stuff.

LMAO! That was my first thoughts, too. Must be good stuff.

Ya know... This DID all start off with someone trying to find a place to party. Can you say "Acid Trip"? :lol:

Ya know... This DID all start off with someone trying to find a place to party. Can you say "Acid Trip"? :lol:

:lol: ..aawww! but i think he's telling the truth! i wouldn't be surprised if a group of 'little people' went off to build their own little village somewhere to be alone and secluded from everyone else, they usually are quite hostile because they think they'd be disrespected and stared at by everyone else. i personally had a bad experience with a 'little person' when i was younger...some can just be a little unwarrantly aggressive :unsure:

if not acid, it was some kind of trip, that's for sure. Maybe some of those magic mushrooms, LOL

:lol: ..aawww! but i think he's telling the truth! i wouldn't be surprised if a group of 'little people' went off to build their own little village somewhere to be alone and secluded from everyone else, they usually are quite hostile because they think they'd be disrespected and stared at by everyone else. i personally had a bad experience with a 'little person' when i was younger...some can just be a little unwarrantly aggressive :unsure:

No, see, I actually believe in these sort of things. As a matter of fact, he had me going for awhile. The 7 foot giant coming out of the miniature house, however, threw me off, and made it to where it no longer had ANY credibility. And a story like that can't afford to lose any credibility. :lol:

I've heard these stories before. It's a secret little community of midgets, somewhere in the woods, usually near a bridge or a dead end. The midgets are always hostile to normal people, and often shoot at them with shotguns(Don't ask me how a midget shoots a shotgun.).

And it's a load of bull.

idk...i mean, true or not, i don't actually find the story that 'off-the-wall'! :P

lol. its prob just me :lol:

no i agree vamp its not entirely nuts... the idea of a village of little people creep me out... those hands *shudders* so small

Sorry Mighty,

It's just not the same without pix. Next time you go to visit them, take pix!

I want to see the little people.

The ending made me laugh. I expected something afterwards, like "And we all learned a valuable lesson" or "And I was never the same". If you're ever going to relate a personal experience that people may find questionable in the first place, this was not the way to do it.

I looked pretty hard online, I couldn't find any other stories or legends even similar to this except some crazy guy building a house for the voices in his head, which I felt was worth linking.

Little People Town

If I were 3' tall, and I and all my 3' friends moved into a block of tiny houses, the first thing I would do is throw a costume party and invite Shaquille O'Neill. And I would make sure he brought the hay wagon.

one more reason bob hope is cool!!

that or like everyone else is saying..

must be some very powerful stuff ;D

Dude, were they orange? Did they sing? Maybe you ran into a village of laid-off Oompa Loompas! That would explain why they were so hostile.

Perfect opportunity to kick a little person like a football.

ROFL!!!

I looked pretty hard online, I couldn't find any other stories or legends even similar to this except some crazy guy building a house for the voices in his head, which I felt was worth linking.

Little People Town

I searched and found this.

Village of the little people.

I swear to God my posts are invisible.

Because that is some high quality, expensive ****.

Man, that sounds like one hell of a trip you went on. And I don't mean roadtrip, I mean acid trip.