Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zebra/Horse Hybrid Goes on Display

Pandora7321

Oh man, this animal is soooo beautiful!! I want one!! It's very neat how it's not a full blend like when a white cat and a black cat produce a grey kitten.

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070628/481/bcc...af4a26cd3a944c6

A photo provided by the Zoo Safari and Hollywoodpark Stukenbrock shows the zebra and horse crossbreed 'Eclyse' during its presentation to the public in Schloss Holte, Germany, on Wednesday, June 27, 2007. The father of 'Eclyse' is a horse from Italy, where the crossbreed filly was born in 2006, her mother is a zebra from the Safari park. (AP Photo/uripress.de, Udo Richter)

linked-image

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesspy

• Pandora7321

• coldethyl

• Princess Serenity

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool. I never knew that could be done.

It looks like a patchwork quilt.

It looks like a patchwork quilt.

Haha! I was thinking a calico horse!

Looks like a backwards Quagga. pretty cool.

Edited by Juupy froot

I think the tale on our little hybrid is gorgeous!

Oh man, this animal is soooo beautiful!! I want one!! It's very neat how it's not a full blend like when a white cat and a black cat produce a grey kitten.

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070628/481/bcc...af4a26cd3a944c6

A photo provided by the Zoo Safari and Hollywoodpark Stukenbrock shows the zebra and horse crossbreed 'Eclyse' during its presentation to the public in Schloss Holte, Germany, on Wednesday, June 27, 2007. The father of 'Eclyse' is a horse from Italy, where the crossbreed filly was born in 2006, her mother is a zebra from the Safari park. (AP Photo/uripress.de, Udo Richter)

linked-image

i want a black one like that.Thats my magical steed. :D

That's very strage almost to strange the pic looks almost fake hah to see animal like that mixed. Really cool I must say! :D

That's very strage almost to strange the pic looks almost fake hah to see animal like that mixed. Really cool I must say! :D

i was thinking the exace same thing lol, it does look awsome though, werid but awsome, good to be individual.

Cool! I didn't know they were breeding zebras with horses. I knew they were doing it with donkeys. The guy at the end of my road runs a exotic animal preserve and he always has a couple of Zedonks running around out there. They look pretty much the same as a regular donkey except the head is narrower and most everything from the front legs back is striped and some of them have a floppy mohawk for a mane. They're goofy looking animals.

But that guy, just majestic looking!

its a freak

lol

It will never be able to breed cross breeds like that are usally sterile and if they do get preganant 995 they are miscarried or deformed

I didnt know you could get that coat color by breeding a horse with a zebra. Ive only seen coat colors that have stripes on the legs, and on the mane. That is truly unique.

The coat color is unique. Some sporthorse breeder was breeding these things as jumpers and endurance horses and promoting them in 'Equus' magazine and the 'Pennsylvania Horse Trader' but the zebra's "wild horse" personality came out and they were beating up their owners. He got sued into the poor house.

Lapiche

The coat color is unique. Some sporthorse breeder was breeding these things as jumpers and endurance horses and promoting them in 'Equus' magazine and the 'Pennsylvania Horse Trader' but the zebra's "wild horse" personality came out and they were beating up their owners. He got sued into the poor house.

Lapiche

yeah they get bred as show pony horse things aswell but as you said the personality bites