Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To all Ouija board users...

_OuijaBoy_

ooh can we share profit? i have a site bookmarked, and i will recommend the equipment to use! :D

Sure thing ... I wouldn't hold my breath though on getting the funds from here lol. :D

Would you mind sending me the site all the same though?

Thanks,

Gene

Well at least you're on your way, you believe. Anyone who has had experiences, believe. It's a major part in the whole thing ... but there's a different in believing and just being naive. Don't let every little movement of the board make you believe it ... when it starts giving you weird info about something or someone that you can't possibly know, I think that's where it gets possibly real, that's what convinced me anyways. If you haven't done it, you should at least give it a shot ... but some advice ...

1) Read up on the whole process of doing a proper Ouija Session

2) Do it friends who aren't going to fool around ... it makes it pointless.

3) Read up on it !!!

You should know what you're at ... because sitting there talking to something claiming to be in your house, is not the place to figure out what to do next. Good Luck.

Cheers,

Gene

ive had experiences with ghost before and it isnt fun :(

but i will try having a ouija session

once i get money to buy one :hmm:

and yeah i dont tihnk i will do that in my house

once i get money to buy one :hmm:

and yeah i dont tihnk i will do that in my house

Lol, they're not expensive, like 10 bucks or something ... but the homemade one I made out of an old Pizza box and a good old marker and an egg cup as the planchett, was the best one I've ever done ... mind you the house was haunted like crazy. But I've gotten the best results out of a homemade one. So you can try that ... a great site for everything you might need is www.graveaddiction.com . I found it to be awesome ... it had stories and techniques and even how to build them. Good Luck !

Cheers,

Gene

Lol, they're not expensive, like 10 bucks or something ... but the homemade one I made out of an old Pizza box and a good old marker and an egg cup as the planchett, was the best one I've ever done ... mind you the house was haunted like crazy. But I've gotten the best results out of a homemade one. So you can try that ... a great site for everything you might need is www.graveaddiction.com . I found it to be awesome ... it had stories and techniques and even how to build them. Good Luck !

Cheers,

Gene

thank you :D

and yeah, i dont think i will do that in my house

There you have it...... do it somewhere you don't mind contaminating.....I say an American Idol dressing room would be cool :tu: .....B

halfhandshuffle:Static X--Shadow Zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3UN5RAmLM

Edited by Barek Halfhand

thank you :D

You're more than welcome.

There you have it...... do it somewhere you don't mind contaminating.....I say an American Idol dressing room would be cool :tu: .....B

halfhandshuffle:Static X--Shadow Zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3UN5RAmLM

I could think of a few other places ... do it with Dr. Phil ... see if it will shut him up somehow. Maybe he'll get posessed by a deaf mute... one can dream.

Anyways Akatsuki .... go build yourself a ghost talker board and grab an egg cup and 2 of your weirdest friends and give 'er lol.

Cheers,

Gene

You're more than welcome.

I could think of a few other places ... do it with Dr. Phil ... see if it will shut him up somehow. Maybe he'll get posessed by a deaf mute... one can dream.

Anyways Akatsuki .... go build yourself a ghost talker board and grab an egg cup and 2 of your weirdest friends and give 'er lol.

Cheers,

Gene

i oo 2 people pop right into mind =]

btw, what is a deaf mute?

i oo 2 people pop right into mind =]

btw, what is a deaf mute?

Lol, someone who can't speak or hear ... Dr. Phil is annoying to most.

Good get hold of them and pitch the idea.

Gene

A duh moment. :huh:

A friend of mine, locally is into the Paranormal far more seriously than I am. We were talking about the O-Boards today while I was going to and from the doctor's. He went a long for the company.

He had investigate the O-Boards for some time and made this note.

Jj - the 'newer' boards, as in just bought, are easier to get rid of and/or burn then ones that have been opened and used. The reason for this is that spirits attached them are fed, made stronger each time it's used. It doesn't take a lot of use either.

He also stated that he was invited to an O-board party. seems some teens today actually have parties w/these things. He did EVP and thermal recordings. Nothing really EVP wise, but the weather temp was in the upper 70's/low 80's. Around certain areas of the table where the board was being used he had temp spots of 17-30 degrees. There was NO air conditioning in the house and doors and windows were open, but the temp did not allow for 17-30 degrees. The thermal camera recorded small circular areas of extreme blue balls random around the O-Table during the 'play time'.

it says not to use in a graveyard

why? :unsure:

I know Ouija Boards "work", its just HOW they work is where I disagree with most people.

Now firstly, while I think MOST Ouija experiences ARE due to "motor automatism" (the users are unconsciously moving the traveller), I think there may be some few cases that involve minor psychic functioning, usually ESP which still uses automatism, or more rarely, some actual psychokinesis. This also supports my view that the "entities" encountered on the board are just figments of imagination or, in the extreme, "thoughtforms" created, accidentally, by the sitters, or events and responses generated made to imitate actual entities. I don't believe anyone talks to "ghosts" or demons or anything else via Ouija boards or any other means.

This is with all due respect to the people who say they do; I don't doubt their sincerity and in most cases I don't doubt their ability to distinguish their experiences from things a lot of people would misidentify, but that doesn't mean I accept the spirit hypothesis - I simply don't believe people die and their souls stay here or get trapped or what-have-you. I think hauntings and "ghosts" exist, but again, I disagree with the idea of these things being sentient, thinking beings in their own right.

I do however think Ouija boards can definitely be "dangerous" in the wrong hands, those hands being people who are highly emotional or unstable or extremely gullible or easily panicked, etc. I believe actual psychological trauma can result from extremely rare but documented "bad" Ouija sessions. But caused by anything other than the users of the board? No. Can boards that are "not closed properly" be dangerous? No. All you have to do is have a level head and think critically. I found Ouija sessions quite interesting, even entertaining, and I've done automatic writing myself, but I don't put much if any stock in anything I get from it, unless I find it has a real-world basis as well.

I sympathize with you people that sincerely report boards reappearing in closets, or not burning, etc. and I wish there were some way for us to witness that or for people like you to contact people like me when it happens so we could ALL add something to our personal stores of information about the subject. As it stands, I have zero hard "proof" of this type of thing happening so while I'm not saying its all hoaxes, lies or confusion or misunderstandings, for me, these claims simply remain in the Related-But-Rare-And-Possibly-Mistaken pile until such a time as that is able to be resolved.

About not using them in a graveyard, my guess is because "you can never tell what you're going to get" or you could get "overwhelmed" etc. In the years my group used one, we were in a house not thirty feet from the town graveyard. *shrug*

Edited by jpatt

A duh moment. :huh:

A friend of mine, locally is into the Paranormal far more seriously than I am. We were talking about the O-Boards today while I was going to and from the doctor's. He went a long for the company.

He had investigate the O-Boards for some time and made this note.

Jj - the 'newer' boards, as in just bought, are easier to get rid of and/or burn then ones that have been opened and used. The reason for this is that spirits attached them are fed, made stronger each time it's used. It doesn't take a lot of use either.

He also stated that he was invited to an O-board party. seems some teens today actually have parties w/these things. He did EVP and thermal recordings. Nothing really EVP wise, but the weather temp was in the upper 70's/low 80's. Around certain areas of the table where the board was being used he had temp spots of 17-30 degrees. There was NO air conditioning in the house and doors and windows were open, but the temp did not allow for 17-30 degrees. The thermal camera recorded small circular areas of extreme blue balls random around the O-Table during the 'play time'.

Wow Jj, I wish I had to be able to take thermals that night I done it with the homemade one. Betcha it'd be the same or worse.

As for the duh feeling ... everyday me and my best friend have this ... we'll talk about something and no word of a lie it'll end up on tv somehow in someway, shape or form. Weird how that happens to us at least 300 days out of the year. Really Really weird for us. I know your feeling.

Also, I believe the story of the older boards having stronger history I guess.... that's my belief for it too.

it says not to use in a graveyard

why? :unsure:

Well ... apparently in graveyards there are lots and lots of spirits, as that's where they're physical bodies are buried and lots of people are still attached to them. I would assume thats the reason for it ... but I think you would get good results ... I don't know if I'd do it there ... just the whole atmosphere would freak me out lol. If you're breave enough though ... go for it ... it'll more than likely work well andddd it won't contaminate your house .................... unless something follows you home :ph34r: j/k. Be careful.

Cheers,

Gene

unless something follows you home :ph34r: j/k. Be careful.

Cheers,

Gene

o that sounds like a barrel of monkeys fun :mellow:

o that sounds like a barrel of monkeys fun :mellow:

Lol ... relax and have fun. :tu: Be in controll .

Gene

There's a lesson to learn on weeja boards.

It is showing proof on the existence of "HELL".

Where skeptics will be burned for eternity.

Ahhhh!!!!help me!!!! the board is burning !

The spirits of the dead are attracted to graveyards because often they are a place of intense emotional outpouring and unintentional channeling following the passing of one interred (imho)....why the graveyard advisory on the board box?....more lore?.....B

halfhandshuffle:Helmet - Unsung

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8pyBZevUFQ

Edited by Barek Halfhand

O-TALA-O-BUNTU....please don't edit your session sir.

There is no minus sign on the board unless you have custom made board.

And I thought the Ouija Board was hard to understand!

To paraphrase what we used to say when we got gibberish: "Can you be more clear?"

A fair comment, and a fair issue, to be sure.

But there are dgrees of judgments to be made in all communications, whether it be with other people, or entities on the othe side.

If I would have left the dashes out, it would have looked like this:

OTALAOBUNTU

Instead, I recorded it like this:

O-TALA-O-BUNTO

Is there a significant difference, or even an unintentional effort to change the message or mislead?

In this case, there really can be no significant difference -- since we don't know what the word means anyway.

But, as I said, this is the case in all communications between all beings. The great Swiss psychologist Carl Jung once said that no person ever truly understands another person completely.

Jung made the case that, when someone speaks to you or tells you something, before that communications becomes your own, it necessarily filters through the framework of your own consciousness. Before we take messages into ourselves, those messages are filtered through our own personal world view, our framework of realilty, complete with all of our prejudices, and especially beliefs.

Jung goes on to say that even married people are actually married to an ideal of the person they think they want -- not totally the person him or herself. Jung said we tend to project our personal ideals onto others, and interact with that "self-created image" as much as we do with the real person.

In the case of the Ouija board, the problem is magnified. Messages coming to us from an unknown source are like raw data being poured into the mold of the receiver. That mold is shaped by our beliefs and prejudices. No matter how hard we try, we are not going to be able to filter out our own spin on the meaning and nature of the message.

Some would say this makes all the information coming from the "other side" suspect because it is always heavily contaminated by the mind-set of the receiver.

But we can't single out only Ouija board communication for this problem -- since we all have this problem with our fellow human being every day.

A further issue is the inadequcy of language itself. Many philosopher, such as Wittgenstein, have suggested that "all reality is suspended in language." I won't go into it here, but the bottom line is, one of the biggest problems of the human condition today is that we have mistaken the mere verbal symbols of reality for reality itself. The words we speak are not the objects we speak of -- only symbolic representations of the our concepts of those objects -- and thus, there is always tremendous room for misinterpretation - -and a lot of persistent and trickly illusions that creep into our lives, making our entire exitence foggy, and open to question.

If I would have left the dashes out, it would have looked like this:

OTALAOBUNTU

Thank you sir...you'll never know if there is a secret message in that word.

This is for you Iron Ghost!

post-49982-1185465445_thumb.jpg

This is one of my favorites!!!

Hope that your having a great day!

Mabon.

This is for you Iron Ghost!

post-49982-1185465445_thumb.jpg

This is one of my favorites!!!

Hope that your having a great day!

Mabon.

Ha! Ha! Yes! Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe!!

And .. sometimes a hyperspatial entity speaking to us via an interdimensional consciousness communication matrix is just a hyperspatial entity speaking to us via an interdimensional consciousness communication matrix.

Thank you, Mabon, and here's wishing you an intense day of brilliant self actualization!

Smiles! Yup! This is NOT a pipe! This is only a painting of a pipe! Teehee! Loved hearing arguments about that one in art class!

Our art instructor who had a wicked sense of humor loved showing that to the freshmen.

When he would translate the 'this is not a pipe' part the students would go bonkers....

student/ss- this isn't a pipe?

Instructor- no it's not a pipe.

dumbfounded student/s- well.... yes it is.

Instructor- Eh, no! (chuckles evilly)

dumbfounded student/s- well it's not a cow or bowl of fruit.

Instructor- No it's not that either.

DS/s- Well then what is it?

Instructor- It's a painting of a pipe.

DS/s- So it's a pipe.

Instructor- No it's not a pipe. (more evil laughing)

Repeat until student is dizzy, angry or finally gets joke.

I meant this to go with symbolism and language comment that you posted earlier. I am a Jung-one not a Freudian if I were then a cigar would JUST be a cigar! LOL!

And .. sometimes a hyperspatial entity speaking to us via an interdimensional consciousness communication matrix is just a hyperspatial entity speaking to us via an interdimensional consciousness communication matrix.
IG.

I could almost imagine Freud saying something like this, were he into the paranormal. LOL!

I am just full of bad jokes today!

:D

Mabon.