Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To all Ouija board users...

_OuijaBoy_

Reading your transcripts is the only time I have felt compelled to want to know more about anything to do with the board ( bad experience when young) I hope you have time to post more soon...Aanica

Iron Ghost

You're very nice -- thank you. I'll have at least one more Guardian Angel session coming here pretty quick, when I get some time to copy of the transcript and post it here.

As I have said in this thread, I'm working on an Ouija book, which is way behind schedule now -- so I'm trying to get that done, among other things! Puff, puff, puff .... so many things to do so little time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been reading this entire thread over the past few days and Iron, I too, as well as most of the people who have replied on this thread so far, am captivated by your Ouija experiences.

Something I've noticed with many accounts of Ouija conversations is that there are often times a mythological reference, and sometimes even words being spelled out that would indicate an Egyptian theme.

For example, in Iron's chat with the being that kept repeating "I abide"... it spelled out "A WIND BLOWS ACROSS ELYSIUM"... I don't know much about Greek Mythology, but I Googled Elysium and according to Wikipedia: Elysium is an obscure and mysterious name that evolved from a designation of a place or person struck by lightning, enelysion, enelysios.[1] This could be a reference to Zeus, the god of lightning, so "lightning-struck" could be saying that the person was blessed (struck) by Zeus (lightning). Scholars have also suggested that Greek Elysion may instead derive from the Egyptian term ialu (older iaru), meaning "reeds," with specific reference to the "Reed fields" (Egyptian: sekhet iaru / ialu), a paradisaical land of plenty where the dead hoped to spend eternity.

Creepy.

Anyway, maybe Elysium is common knowledge, but like I said, I had never heard of it and reading the description made me wonder...

Things that make you go Hmmmmm....

So, I recalled some of my own Ouija experiences from high school, and I remembered that my "Spirit Guides" spelled out their names as Ness and Aya.

Curious, I just Wikipedia'd those names... and I got this:

Ness (Irish mythology)

Ness is an Ulster princess and the mother of Conchobar mac Nessa in the Ulster Cycle of Irish mythology.

Aya (goddess)

Aya (or Aja) in Akkadian mythology was a mother goddess, consort of the sun god Shamash. She developed from the Sumerian goddess Sherida, consort of Utu.

WOW!

My Ouija Board disappeared a while back.. I really have no idea where it is, but my friend was talking about buying one and seeing for himself that it really "works". He's 100% skeptic, and I used to use it quite often with another friend of mine for a couple of years.

It's just so interesting to me and I find myself very curious about them.

ironghost, the answers you got were intresting, i would have had the ouiji elaborate its points, it seems to act like things cant be explained, for example the last question, i would ask to elaborate on its version of "dimensions" that i would like to see for myself if i could understand its version.

Okay, I have an Quija board that is about 45 years old, which I have messed around with off and on for years. I discovered that with some people, I can't make the thing do anything, but whenever my buddy Brain and I give it a go, the thing really gets us in contact with a lot of weird stuff on "the other side."

Neither Brian nor I believe we are moving the oracle, even subconsciously. We take turns being blindfolded while we ask questions and get answers. So I called up Brian last night, he came over, we had a couple of drinks, watched the Minnesota Twins kick the s**t out of the Detroit Tigers, then got out the Quija Board to see if we could get some answers for OuijaBoy.

So here are the result fo our session. I'll put the answers of the Entity we contacted in ALL CAPS for everyone's convenience.

First Question to the Board: "We are seeking the guidance and wisdom of an advanced, intelligent entity -- does anyone care to make contact with us?

Answer: SPEAK.

Question: Hello! This is Ken and Brian. We are human beings on the planet earth. We are physical beings. Who are you?

Answer: WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'WHO ARE YOU?'

Question: We mean, what is your name? How do you identify yourself?

Answer: YOUR QUESTION MAKES VERY LITTLE SENSE. EXISTENCE IS EXISTENCE.

Question: Don't you have an individual identity? We mean, are you one of many?

Answer: YES, ONE OF MANY.

Question: So how do you identify yourself as opposed to others? That would be your specific name?

Answer: IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED PRIMITIVE AND VULGAR TO EVEN CONSIDER AN INDIVIDUAL IDENTITY HERE.

Question: So you are a being who is one of many, but you have sort of a group mind?

Answer: NO. YOU APPARENTLY ARE OPERATING ON A LOWER TIER OF CONSCIOUSNESS WHICH MAKES FALSE DISTINCTIONS BASED ON THE PRIMACY OF INDIVIDUALITY.

Question: Yes, that's probably true. Here on earth, we all have individual egos, but also consider ourselves members of a group or species of creatures, which we call human beings. But we are okay with it -- does this bother you?

Answer: YOU ARE BIZARRE BUT NOT UNKNOWN.

Question: Well, be that as it may, and since you are apparently on a higher plane of development than our species, will you please answer some important questions for a friend of ours?

Answer: YES.

Question: Do you have a physical existence, or are you a creature composed of pure energy?

Answer: AGAIN, YOU MAKE FALSE ASSUMPTIONS. PHYSICAL MATTER IS ENERGY. ENERGY IS PHYSICAL MATTER. DISTINCTIONS ARE ILLUSIONS OF THE LOWER ORDERS.

Question: Great! We think we know what you mean! What planet to you live on? Are you connected to our planet earth in some way?

Answer: THIS IS YET ANOTHER VERY INANE QUESTIONS FOR WHICH THERE CAN BE NO ANSWER SINCE YOU DON'T SEEM TO BE CONCEIVING OF YOUR REALITY IN THE PROPER WAY.

Question: Sorry. Okay, now here are the questions posed by our friend. First of all, Does God Exist?

Answer: DEFINE GOD.

Question: Well, over here there is much debate about what God is or is not, but let's just say that most people think God is the supreme entity that created the universe, all life, all reality, and ourselves.

Answer: THIS A CONCEPT OF PURE NONSENSE -- A COMMON PERSISTENT ILLUSION OF LOWER ORDER BEINGS -- THE ILLUSION IN GENERATED BY THE FALLACY OF SEPARATION AND INDIVIDUALITY.

Question: Okay, well take that as an answer. Thank you. Now, is there a soul?

Answer: DEFINE SOUL.

Question: Well, here on the planet earth, people make a distinction between what is physical and what is spiritual. A lot of people think that they have a kind of energy form that rides along inside their physical body, and will survive after the physical body dies. So, is there a soul?

Answer: HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING AT ALL? THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT IS PHYSICAL AND WHAT IS ENERGY. TO SAY THAT A PHYSICAL BODY HAS A SECONDARY ENERGY BODY WITHIN IT IS LIKE SAYING THAT AN ICE CUBE HAS WATER IN IT.

Question: How do you know about ice and water?

Answer: BECAUSE OF YOUR LOWER LEVEL OF DIMENSIONAL EXISTENCE, THERE IS MUCH YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND.

Question: Well, it seems like you are pulling our legs here then, because you needed to ask for definitions of concepts like God and the soul, yet you seem perfectly aware of ice and water.

Answer: YOU HAVE NO LEGS TO PULL.

Question: Whatever, we have a couple of more questions. Is time travel possible?

Answer: DEFINE TIME TRAVEL.

Question: This is the ability to go backwards or foreward in time. Time is a dimension in our existence which is inextricably connected to space. It would be more correct to call it spacetime. We measure time at an arbitrary rate, which we admit is artificial -- it's based on the movements of our planet as it rotates and thus causes separations between periods of light and dark. We use this to make a distinction between one period of time and another period of time -- although the rate of time has actually been shown not to be constant -- for example, the rate of time flow slows down as one speeds up through space and vica versa. Also, time is relative, and also, our scientists are unsure if time has an objective existence in fact - -that is -- independent of its conceptualization by the human mind. So, is there time travel?

ANSWER: YOUR NOT EVEN SURE IF TIME EXISTS, AND YOU WANT TO KNOW IF YOU CAN TRAVEL THROUGH IT? IF YOU WOULD ONLY LISTEN TO YOURSELVES, YOU WOULD SOUND INSANE.

Question: Perhaps. Okay, here is the last question from our friend. Are there other dimensions? And in this case, we are assuming our friend is talking about different realms of existence, each of which contain their own worlds, and are separate from each other, discrete from each other, and yet, communication between them may be possible. For example, we assume that you are in another dimension and that we are speaking to you through a special tool we call an Ouija Board -- this device along with out human minds acts as a conduit between your dimension and ours. Thus, since you are there and we are here, there must be other dimensions, right?

Answer: WRONG, STUPIDLY WRONG. ONCE AGAIN, YOUR OBSESSION WITH EGO-BASED REALITY FRAMING, A REDUCTIONIST VIEW OF EXISTENCE AND MANY OTHER ILLUSIONS THAT CAN'T BE EXPLAIN TO YOU MAKE JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU THINK, KNOW AND BELIEVE TO BE NOTHING MORE THAN PURE NONSENSE.

Question: Okay, thank you for that answer, and thank you for communicating with us. Sending love and greetings from our dimension to yours, good-bye.

Answer: GOOD-BYE.

________

This is a typical type os session we get -- you never know what kind of strange being you are going to get on the other side, and their answers tend to leave one wanting -- although it is interesting.

Oh my God! That being you contacted sounded so rude! I mean, if it wasn't in some sort of a bad mood or something along those lines, it was flat out rude sounding! I'm sorry, but it appears that you and your friend went through great lengths and efforts to communicate and you went into great detail and all that "entity" (for lack of a better term) could do was respond in the manner in which you've posted! I'd be p***ed!

Oh my God! That being you contacted sounded so rude! I mean, if it wasn't in some sort of a bad mood or something along those lines, it was flat out rude sounding! I'm sorry, but it appears that you and your friend went through great lengths and efforts to communicate and you went into great detail and all that "entity" (for lack of a better term) could do was respond in the manner in which you've posted! I'd be p***ed!

Ha! Ha! This one was defintely arrogant and condescending, but for some reason, I enjoy talking to beings like this. They think they are so brilliant and you are so stupid -- it's hilarious, in my view. It's fun to kind of ask beings like this an extra-lame question once and a while to get them going. In general, though, I try to stay open-minded and -- who knows, maybe this being has perfect reason to be an irritable twit. At any rate, it speaks fairly intelligently, whether one agrees with it or not.

In ways its very comforting, the words it uses. I guess it was the advanced nature that was intimidating to me, you could call it being scared I guess, I am wondering do you think we all have one like the Angel that loves us as it loves you?

Yes, and sorry to take so long to answer your question. I really have no doubt that we all have angels or whatever types of beings they are that seem to love us so much is hurts. I would say about 75% of the beings I talk to pretty much fall over themselves with their attempts to communicate how delighted they are with us, and want to have this sort of super-loving relationship with us -- I've always found this a neeto aspect of Ouija contacts.

There are some beings -- such as the ancient being who claims to be my "noninvasive companion" -- do not seem to admit or even understand to feelings of love, yet they insist on compansionship, and that they want companionship for the sake of companionship itself.

The entity that identifies herself as MOMMY claims that curiosity and love are equal types of "energy" and are only difference "colors" of the same aspect of whatever this energy is.

Then there are entities like the Guardian Angel and the Love Beings who seem to be focused entirely around the value of love.

It's actualy all very complex when you look at the big picture and as I look across 40 years of transcripts.

But I see no reason why this phenomenon should be exclusive to my contacts -- so I think all of us have loving beings that want to associate with us, or even have very deep relationships with us, such as MOMMY, the Guardian Angel and the Love Beings.

Again, perhaps the majority of people go into the Ouija experience with "demons" and "evil spirits" on their minds, and perhaps block some of these other more pleasant aspects of Ouija communication.

Just some thoughts.

... I think all of us have loving beings that want to associate with us, or even have very deep relationships with us, such as MOMMY, the Guardian Angel and the Love Beings.

I love what you've said here. :)

I was wondering about Guardian Angels the other day, but not in association with Ouija.

Great thoughts you have, Mr. IronGhost... very comforting words...

:)

Interesting that the majority of ouija board experiences deal with ghosts and what not, yet seems like most of IronGhost's involve other planes of existance.

They think they are so brilliant and you are so stupid

So, they post as debunkers on UM!!!!

Perhaps the following Quija board session report will give you an idea about the kind of advice you can get from Quija board "beings"

http://ironghost.wordpress.com/2006/08/18/...e-a-true-story/

I found this so interesting but I don't undersatnd why Bosh is on death row. Do you know what he did to get there? I posted a message on the site asking the writer. Will I get a reply? Did you make any comments or ask any questions?

I found this so interesting but I don't undersatnd why Bosh is on death row. Do you know what he did to get there? I posted a message on the site asking the writer. Will I get a reply? Did you make any comments or ask any questions?

If you are P.B., then I believe I replied to you.

My policy on answering blog messages is to answer all within 24 hours. If I don't answer within 24 hours, you should assume that I am dead.

Don't die, I'm still waiting on the next part of your Angel session!

=]

OOops, sorry for a second there I thought your name was E Coli, I was just going to ask you about that. :D Nevermind.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Sereana, and I've been reading all these pages very slowly since three in the morning last night.

I took a quick break for sleeping, and woke up to IronGhost's stories on page twenty-something with my coffee.

I finally got my Ouija board and I waited all eighteen years of my life for it. Seriously, I'd been trying to get my hands on one forever, but I'd been casual about it. Finally I forced some store to order one for me and it came in.

I have a massive family and I nagged everyone for days to sit down with me. I rallied the troops, I had two little girls and my best friend and foster mother, Pat, sit down with me. We started getting activity and I wanted to be wary. I want so badly to believe in things, but at the same time I don't want to trust people to easily, and have them years later tell me that they were moving the oracle. I guess that's pride. Anyway, we contacted lots of people, mostly only good things because the little girls got scared. The most interesting was someone whose name was pronounced "Gift" (Gifd?)and these were the details:

He said he died in 1348, which I contradicted. He said he was 71, I contradicted again.

"People didn't live that long back then."

Yet, he told me that "herbs" had kept him alive, but the type that helped him "live long" didn't exist any more. He said he was from a tribe, and that he had fallen off a cliff when hunting buffalo. He was very clear and made writing down his messages easy. He told me he had many children with six women. I asked him if he had questions for us. He said yes and asked us if we liked to "sew". I explained that we were lazy and did nothing, that we barely even cooked for ourselves in this day and age. He was confused by this and asked if we had slaves. We said no, we have machines. He furthered to ask us if we lived free, and I told him that mostly, we did. He asked what culture we were from and what it was like, and we explained that as well.

He was friendly and open, I asked him how we could know that he was real, and he said "Feel me". I liked that answer. We asked him a few simple tasks and he said he would "try".

It was a postive and interesting experience, until we got interrupted by someone who went back and forth from "elelele".

There's more to the night but this is my quick post. I was hoping maybe this would be of interest.

Edited by Zamzummim

Hi,

I'm Sereana, and I've been reading all these pages very slowly since three in the morning last night.

I took a quick break for sleeping, and woke up to IronGhost's stories on page twenty-something with my coffee.

I finally got my Ouija board and I waited all eighteen years of my life for it. Seriously, I'd been trying to get my hands on one forever, but I'd been casual about it. Finally I forced some store to order one for me and it came it.

I have a massive family and I nagged everyone for days to sit down with me. I rallied the troops, I had two little girls and my best friend and foster mother, Pat, sit down with me. We started getting activity and I wanted to be wary. I want so badly to believe in things, but at the same time I don't want to trust people to easily, and have them years later tell me that they were moving the oracle. I guess that's pride. Anyway, we contacted lots of people, mostly only good things because the little girls got scared. The most interesting was someone whose name was pronounced "Gift" (Gifd?)and these were the details:

He said he died in 1348, which I contradicted. He said he was 71, I contradicted again.

"People didn't live that long back then."

Yet, he told me that "herbs" had kept him alive, but the type that helped him "live long" didn't exist any more. He said he was from a tribe, and that he had fallen off a cliff when hunting buffalo. He was very clear and made writing down his messages easy. He told me he had many children with six women. I asked him if he had questions for us. He said yes and asked us if we liked to "sew". I explained that we were lazy and did nothing, that we barely even cooked for ourselves in this day and age. He was confused by this and asked if we had slaves. We said no, we have machines. He furthered to ask us if we lived free, and I told him that mostly, we did. He asked what culture we were from and what it was like, and we explained that as well.

He was friendly and open, I asked him how we could know that he was real, and he said "Feel me". I liked that answer. We asked him a few simple tasks and he said he would "try".

It was a postive and interesting experience, until we got interrupted by someone who went back and forth from "elelele".

There's more to the night but this is my quick post. I was hoping maybe this would be of interest.

I found this extremely interesting -- one of the better Ouija posts I have seen in a while. I would keep at it -- I love to talk to characters like this person you contacted. I could get a lot out of a guy like this.

As for his living to be 71 in year 1348 -- that's entirely possible. Lots of people beat the odds and lived that long, and even longer. Some people might have even lived to be a 100 in the Middle Ages. The majority of people had shorter life spans back then -- but still, many lived to old age.

I try to be careful when, as you say "contradicting" Ouija characters -- I don't like to cut them off by questioning their basic reality, no matter how outrageous it may seem. I just accept what they say and go from there -- this does not mean I have to believe what they say, or not. If they want to tell me a pack of lies, that's fine with me, as long as it is creative and interesting.

I found this extremely interesting -- one of the better Ouija posts I have seen in a while. I would keep at it -- I love to talk to characters like this person you contacted. I could get a lot out of a guy like this.

As for his living to be 71 in year 1348 -- that's entirely possible. Lots of people beat the odds and lived that long, and even longer. Some people might have even lived to be a 100 in the Middle Ages. The majority of people had shorter life spans back then -- but still, many lived to old age.

I try to be careful when, as you say "contradicting" Ouija characters -- I don't like to cut them off by questioning their basic reality, no matter how outrageous it may seem. I just accept what they say and go from there -- this does not mean I have to believe what they say, or not. If they want to tell me a pack of lies, that's fine with me, as long as it is creative and interesting.

I think why I was so short and aggressive was because it got me more interesting answers, and it also helped me determine who I was talking to.

Originally, he had said his name was Walter, but the later explained his name was Ghifd and that Walter had been someone else.

Actually, some really interesting things happened that night but I want to be logically skeptical. I mean, I've read all the posts about it being part of the subconscious, which is why I always admired your questioning of if you were talking to higher self in one of your previous posts, so I was constantly trying to find either error or conformation in who and what I was walking to. I feel really defensive about how much I want this to be real, but with that I didn't entirely trust the people I was playing with and sought to get something that could give me justification in getting completely into it. Anyway, enough about my psychology, but I'll try and be more patient with spirits in the future.

There were a lot of more interesting details of the night. I talked to someone who said his name was "Stuart Iverson" and that at the age of 83 he died from "Hurt stomach and --" in 1958. I got SOME confirmation online that he might have actually existed. The first person we talked to last night wanted to talk to my foster mother and said his name was Dick or Richard (I loll'd because I'm immature). He said he knew her when she was four, and knew her mother before she was adopted. She didn't know who he was but the next morning she told me that she did remember a man that used to drink with her mother and father who they all called "Dickie Bird" (I loll'd again). We talked to a girl who said she had committed suicide -- Someone told me I'd marry a man named Dexter. I was often interrupted by someone who wrote "elelele" over and over. We had another who cut Ghifd off with a "Hello" which I thought was really cool. I guess the most important thing about the night was that it hadn't been what I expected.

I have a few questions for you:

So, sometimes the board would work, other times it was very lethargic, depending on who was around. My foster sister Sarah who is eleven has a very calm energy most of the time, and when her hand was on the board, the spirits were usually very clear, however they never seemed interested in communicating with her. Why would her being on the board make it work better, like I'm assuming it's an energy thing, but then you'd think people would want to talk to her as well. Was she some kind of energy source?

Also, do you find that you can ask certain spirits back? Or, there's the cliche of people like summoning Jack the Ripper, important historical figures, do you believe this can actually happen on command, or do you find that you get what you get and that the spirits come at random? And when did you start talking to more enlightened entities, as last night all I got seemed to be human spirits, is it my mentality and seriousness about the sessions that dictates how far I call call, and what will respond?

I spoke to a girl before I got my board who said she constantly talked to an entity called "Z" and that he appeared to many different people who used the board. Have you ever heard of him?

Someone mentioned blindfolding all the people who are at the board and having only the person who's taking note to the side able to see. Are they any results of this experiment being successful?

Lastly, I can't often get everyone together to play with me, is there a way that I can be more successful if I'm just with one other person, or am I dependent on the crowd I'm with?

• 4 weeks later...

Iron Horse.....

I was wondering in your opinion what is the best way to get started in the Ouija board? I usually go to taro card readers and I get my incite that way, but I had a session one day about my sprite guards and I would like to know what you think would be the best way for me to maybe contact them. I'm thinking the Ouija board would be the best, but I don't know were to start.

Iron Horse.....

I was wondering in your opinion what is the best way to get started in the Ouija board? I usually go to taro card readers and I get my incite that way, but I had a session one day about my sprite guards and I would like to know what you think would be the best way for me to maybe contact them. I'm thinking the Ouija board would be the best, but I don't know were to start.

Hi Pinkfox:

I'll get back to you in a bit on this question ... just want to say to everyone here at UM that I've been off the threads for a bit because I am very busy moving to a new location (still in Minnesota) and working on some very time-consuming media projects ... but Ill be back here more frequently soon!

Thanks all!

Hi Pinkfox:

I'll get back to you in a bit on this question ... just want to say to everyone here at UM that I've been off the threads for a bit because I am very busy moving to a new location (still in Minnesota) and working on some very time-consuming media projects ... but Ill be back here more frequently soon!

Thanks all!

OMG Iron Ghost, is that really you. Ive missed you, so get back here for a MOMMY story lol..JN

ugh :no:

ouijas dont work.

Actually they do, however its all to do with intent. Its simply a tool to open a gateway to the so called other side. Its not what it writes out, its what it can bring into people's lives, even years down the line IMO..JN :yes:

Actually they do, however its all to do with intent. Its simply a tool to open a gateway to the so called other side. Its not what it writes out, its what it can bring into people's lives, even years down the line IMO..JN :yes:

no they dont.

and no its not a tool really, because it makes NO sense. imo

its no different than a pencil and paper. how come people dont use those to let them talk? same thing.

neither one works.

OMG Iron Ghost, is that really you. Ive missed you, so get back here for a MOMMY story lol..JN

I have missed you as well, Iron ghost! I love reading your accounts. Mommy and the helix master were truly awesome. I believe I may find Mommy so entertaining because I, too, love cats. :D

You actually encouraged me to start trying ouija boards. I never had any luck with them growing up, but after reading some of your posts I decided to try again. I'm working on making my own right now, but its rather scrappy looking at the moment. The magnetic board sounds really fascinating. You really should get a patent for it. I'd try to make one myself, but as I'm rather hopeless in making a regular one, I feel attempting to make one like that could only end in disaster. :P

I personally don't care if the words come from myself or an outside entity, if it makes me think about things, then its worth it. Even if you are doing it yourself, whatever comes out on the board can tell you alot about yourself, including the parts that are "hidden". :tu:

Edit: Plus I've known people that have done experiments where those actually using the board were blindfolded, and there was someone to record what was being spelled out. I think such experiments are really interesting. I hope to do one myself once I get better at using the board. I think I'd record it using a video recorder as well as someone writing it down . .that way no one can say the person "recording" was just making things up.

Edited by Sweetsalem82103

no they dont.

and no its not a tool really, because it makes NO sense. imo

its no different than a pencil and paper. how come people dont use those to let them talk? same thing.

neither one works.

U can use paper

it does work

U can use paper

it does work

no, im sorry. it doesnt.

the whole concept/idea of it just doesnt seem to make any sense.