Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To all Ouija board users...

_OuijaBoy_

There's nothing wrong with Ouija Boards, I think they're kinda cool.

And I with Barek on this one, I have personal experience too. I tried to throw a home made Ouija Board away like 4 times, and after I threw it in the garbag, it was back in the same spot I used to keep it. I finally got rid of it by tearning it up into 7 pieces and throwing it away ... damn thing was hard to lose. But I do believe in it and just because it's contents are normally easy to burn, ie paper and glue ... doesn't mean that CAN be. Personal experiences are proof for thoes who it happens to thats for sure.

I'm gonan see if I can play this weekend, and then Iron Ghost I'll try and get some answers for ya.

Cheers all,

Gene

Gene -- I will very much look forward to hearing about your weekend session. I hereby focus positive energy and send it in your direction, wishing you good results.

As for all this talk of dangeous spirits and demons that come through Quija Boards -- I will have something to say about this when I get some time.

There was a time when my college buddy Arlo and I held an extraordinary session in which we decided to confront some demons whom Alro had reason to believe were associated with the dead rock star Jim Morrison.

As it happened, Arlo's dorm room number was "Room 666," so we decided to hold the session there. Before we started the session, we bathed the Ouija Board with some Holy Water that came directly from the sacred grotto sping at Lourdes in France, a super sacred site where the Virgin Mary was said to have appeared frequently. Arlo's parents had brought the Holy Water home after visiting France -- and the water was also blessed by a very spiritual Irish Catholic monk by the name of Father Montgomery. We also wiped down the oracle with the Holy Water, and we both drank some before we started the session ------- but I get way ahead of myself. Sorry, I have to get back to work right now -- but I'll give a full report on this session, and I think it will provide insight on demons and how to deal with them --if you even have to deal with them at all.

More later ......

Last night I made a ouija board by printing out one of Jpatt's templates and gluing it onto a shoebox. I will bet anyone $100 that it would burn like crazy if I set fire to it. And if it screams in the process, I'll hail Jesus right on the spot.

I'm not saying that using the ouija can't result in harm for anyone anywhere. I just doubt that its physical composition is other than it appears to be.

Arrgh! Cliff hanger!

Can't wait to read it Iron Ghost! I've enjoyed all the reports that you have been kind enough to share with the board!

Warm regards,

Mabon.

Last night I made a ouija board by printing out one of Jpatt's templates and gluing it onto a shoebox. I will bet anyone $100 that it would burn like crazy if I set fire to it. And if it screams in the process, I'll hail Jesus right on the spot.

I'm not saying that using the ouija can't result in harm for anyone anywhere. I just doubt that its physical composition is other than it appears to be.

Lol ... what does hailing Jesus have to do with it? I'm Catholic and a Christian, but I fail to see how Jesus would have any ties with a Ouija board. We're not saying it wouldn't burn, maybe sometimes there are forces at work in which we can't control. I have a Ouija board here, and if I set that sucker on fire, there's no doubt it would burn ... but the problem lies when you go to your closet and there it is again. I'm not doubting it'll burn lol.

Cheers Boorite,

Gene

videotape the burning please.

Lol ... what does hailing Jesus have to do with it? I'm Catholic and a Christian, but I fail to see how Jesus would have any ties with a Ouija board.

I'm saying if my ouija board screams when I burn it, I'll convert to Christianity right on the spot. What does Jesus have to do with the evil in ouija boards? I don't know. It just seems to be a great topic of Christian interest.

We're not saying it wouldn't burn,

Oh yes, some people have said that for sure.

Also, I have no doubt that I'll try throwing this one away at some point, either because it's shoddy or because it frightens me, and I'll be sure to report whether or not it stays throwed away.

Not that I don't believe that there's something to your story. Lots of people say it has happened to them, and not just to a friend of a friend as in urban legends. People report it firsthand. What I am doubting is that it's much to do with the object itself.

I will tell you how to get rid of one.

Loan it to your sister.

<_<

You'll never see the dang thing again.

videotape the burning please.

Can do. My cam comes with a USB port and software for dumping to disk, but it is complete junk, and it results in HUGE files no matter the settings. So I don't know how to dump it down to a file.

I do have a hardware video interface that I haven't tried yet.

I may have to ask for tips on this.

Can do. My cam comes with a USB port and software for dumping to disk, but it is complete junk, and it results in HUGE files no matter the settings. So I don't know how to dump it down to a file.

Okay and do it neeekkiiid.

OH and maybe do an evp just in case.

And with funky music dubbed in!

Now we're getting somewhere!

And I'm guessing it's on the mod's radar.

I'm saying if my ouija board screams when I burn it, I'll convert to Christianity right on the spot. What does Jesus have to do with the evil in ouija boards? I don't know. It just seems to be a great topic of Christian interest.

Oh yes, some people have said that for sure.

Also, I have no doubt that I'll try throwing this one away at some point, either because it's shoddy or because it frightens me, and I'll be sure to report whether or not it stays throwed away.

Not that I don't believe that there's something to your story. Lots of people say it has happened to them, and not just to a friend of a friend as in urban legends. People report it firsthand. What I am doubting is that it's much to do with the object itself.

I guess yer right about it being christian interest.

Well I dont think it wont stay away or stay burned because it's a Ouija Board, I'm sure if you burned a Monopoly board it would stay gone .... maybe it's just the use and history of the board that makes it linger on ?????? I have no idea ... all I know is that it is retarted, especially as a first hand experience.

I'll be looking foward to your video ... I hope I hear screams and all kinds of craziness goin on ... oh yeah! :devil:

Cheers,

Gene

I'll be looking foward to your video ... I hope I hear screams and all kinds of craziness goin on ... oh yeah! :devil:

Me too. :devil:

like I said before useing them can be very dangourous. You need to know what you are doing before you go useing one.

I look forward to anything productive where people are taking a little proactive incentive to learn more, but I'm sorry to say I'm still disappointed by most Ouija (there IS NO Q!) threads that just proliferate ignorance and silly urban legends and people's paranoia from when they were 13. I've used store-bought and home-made Ouija Boards dozens, no, I can probably say nearly a hundred times and I've yet to have any of these experiences though we certainly had our share of "entities", from trees to angels to aliens to a claim of being another living Ouija Board user - interesting but hardly conclusive of anything. And I still absolutely put NO stock in these stories of boards showing back up, screaming, not burning, etc.

And I still absolutely put NO stock in these stories of boards showing back up, screaming, not burning, etc.

Ok ... but what about us? Thoes who have a first hand experience ... We should pass it off cause you don't believe us ?

We're not making money off these stories lol, so I, and I know Barek, have no reason to lie ... I'm not here to make fans ... I'm here to share experiences and if it happened to me I'll tell it, regardless of how others feel. So I know you don't believe it because it never happened to you... but I feel I, as well as Barek are reliable resources ... so that don't give you the littlest bit of belief that it is possible?

Hopefully one of these days it will happen to you, and when it does ... I'll be glad to read your post and reply a little "I told you so", but in a very nice manner --- as I choose not to be an a** to most people unless they deserve it ... and of yet ... you don't. Anyways ... Someday try gettin rid of one of thoes boards ... hopefully you'll experience what I have.

Cheers,

Gene

Edit: Typo

Edited by GeneBrowne

Ok ... but what about us? Thoes who have a first hand experience ... We should pass it off cause you don't believe us ?

We're not making money off these stories lol, so I, and I know Barek, have no reason to lie ... I'm not here to make fans ... I'm here to share experiences and if it happened to me I'll tell it, regardless of how others feel. So I know you don't believe it because it never happened to you... but I feel I, as well as Barek are reliable resources ... so that don't give you the littlest bit of belief that it is possible?

Hopefully one of these days it will happen to you, and when it does ... I'll be glad to read your post and reply a little "I told you so", but in a very nice manner --- as I choose not to be an a** to most people unless they deserve it ... and of yet ... you don't. Anyways ... Someday try gettin rid of one of thoes boards ... hopefully you'll experience what I have.

I do love to turn it up a notch for jpat though (he gets SO annoyed) :D ...I think it has even spilled over into the chatroom a few times as I recall ...

thanks for the vote of confidence on the integrity thing ...I feel there is a good balance of honest and objective participants on both sides of the table now in this forum, that will prove to be the chemistry for good paranormal discussions in addition to a laugh or two ...but I'll take money and fans if it comes my way (not)...B

halfhandshuffle:arch enemy-nemesis

Edited by Barek Halfhand

ok so this is my first post,

im kinda skeptical about the whole

ghost,spirits,beings. talking to u through a board game

which seems to me was made for a bunch of 12 year old

girls to play at a saturday night sleep over,

but then againe i can be wrong

The universe is a very mysterious place. DON'T have doubt in anything, BELIEVE anything is possible. explore and test for yourself. go to haunted homes, and explore :D (sorry is pro ghosts and spiritualness)

Thats ok ... everyone is entitled to be. But as you will see from a lot of personal experiences here, you might be think differently later on. As long as you don't just post the normal B.S that goes on here like, "No, you're wrong" ... you should be fine. And believe me .... a Ouija Board is not made for a bunch of 12 year old girls for a saturday night ... some of my experiences would put thoes girls in therapy for the rest of thier childhood.

Welcome to U-M ... hope you're stay is full of meaningfull posts.

Cheers,

Gene

im not sayin i dont believe in ghost

cause i do :yes:

im just a little skeptical

about the whole board though

I do love to turn it up a notch for jpat though (he gets SO annoyed) :D ...I think it has even spilled over into the chatroom a few timesas I recall ...

thanks for the vote of confidence on the integrity thing ...I feel there is a good balance of honest and objective participants on both sides of the table now in this forum, that will prove to be the chemistry for good paranormal discussions in addition to a laugh or two ...but I'll take money and fans if it comes my way (not)...B

halfhandshuffle:

We should turn it up.

Anyone who has meaningful posts and is capable of defending themselves with anything other than no you're wrong, deserves a vote ... it just so happens you are more on my side than the rest lol so it's easier.

Well if Barek won't take the money, I will. Maybe I can buy some ghost hunting equip and prove to the "norms" that it's not a fake as they believe.

Show me the Money !!!!

Cheers all,

Gene

We should turn it up.

Anyone who has meaningful posts and is capable of defending themselves with anything other than no you're wrong, deserves a vote ... it just so happens you are more on my side than the rest lol so it's easier.

Well if Barek won't take the money, I will. Maybe I can buy some ghost hunting equip and prove to the "norms" that it's not a fake as they believe.

Show me the Money !!!!

Cheers all,

Gene

ooh can we share profit? i have a site bookmarked, and i will recommend the equipment to use! :D

im not sayin i dont believe in ghost

cause i do :yes:

im just a little skeptical

about the whole board though

Well at least you're on your way, you believe. Anyone who has had experiences, believe. It's a major part in the whole thing ... but there's a different in believing and just being naive. Don't let every little movement of the board make you believe it ... when it starts giving you weird info about something or someone that you can't possibly know, I think that's where it gets possibly real, that's what convinced me anyways. If you haven't done it, you should at least give it a shot ... but some advice ...

1) Read up on the whole process of doing a proper Ouija Session

2) Do it friends who aren't going to fool around ... it makes it pointless.

3) Read up on it !!!

You should know what you're at ... because sitting there talking to something claiming to be in your house, is not the place to figure out what to do next. Good Luck.

Cheers,

Gene