Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Attack on Glasgow Airport

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

True. But my point was not everyone knows. Sometimes I can forget that they're two different countries.

You can ridicule Talon's mama...you can say he is the worst chess player in the history of the game...you can say mean things about his sister..........

.......but don't EVER.......EVER...........say that Scotland is in England..................... :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• louie

• wunarmdscissor

• Princess Serenity

You can ridicule Talon's mama...you can say he is the worst chess player in the history of the game...you can say mean things about his sister..........

.......but don't EVER.......EVER...........say that Scotland is in England..................... :D

Ok.

I'll try to remember that, Joc.

...but I do err...don't EVER say anything about Talon's sister.. :no:

Back to the topic:

Isn't this just an attempt to further the isolation of America in Iraq by getting the UK to pull out...but, wait, I thought they already were pulling out... :huh: I don't really watch the news much anymore...

The British Military are planning to bring home most if not all of the personnel in Iraq. Coincidentally most of the British Military personnel serving in Iraq are actually from Afghanistan, who knew?

Some are suggesting the Glasgow attack was designed as an extra slap the UKs Scottish PM (terrorists for some reason think western politicians give a flying **** about their people) of course so was Blair despite how well he tried to hide it.

If three car bombs that failed to kill anyone except the attackers are the best this group can do then its clear to me that they in fact rode the short bus to terrorist school (heres hoping this is actually the best they can do).

Was anyone comforted when Brown came out and delivered his "statement" in a monotone voice and looking like he really can't cope with the demands of the job?

I'm listening/watching from a few live broadcast services - the latest seems to be - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Blackpool and allegedly Luton airports all closed.

Also Liverpool, Lime Street Railway Station has been closed off due to potential car bomb...

Also 2 more arrests made on the M6 Cheshire which relate to the troubles in Glasgow and London..

Edited by Anvil

John Lennon Airport was shut down I havent heard anything yet about Lime Street Station.

...but I do err...don't EVER say anything about Talon's sister.. :no:

I would avoid that too.

I hope I can say this without getting flamed but I'm really surprised there's been no blame thrown towards George Bush or the US yet....

I'm glad that no one was hurt too badly and hope all our friends are and remain safe.

Edited by girty1600

The map should be emailed to Fox news. I was watching a bit of that and they showed a map with scotland, ireland and wales pointed out. The arrow pointing to england said Great Britain... This sort of thing doesn't really help things..:huh:

We;ve said it before. PLEASE don't watch Faux News. They cannot get a news story right. It's sad when an entire media segment are complete blithering idiots.

We;ve said it before. PLEASE don't watch Faux News. They cannot get a news story right. It's sad when an entire media segment are complete blithering idiots.

Well who should we watch?

CNN told me Eire was Scotland on three occasions during the whole liquid explosive episode.

MSNBC is too busy selling electronic gadgets too actually cover news.

ABC does furry cat and feel good news rather than anything that might offend or frighten anyone.

Just a reminder that in the UK, Asian means basicly people from the Indian Sub-Continent. In other words, people from India and Pakistan and the surrounding areas. It is not used widely to discribe people from Indonisia, Thailand, China, Korea and Japan. As it is used in America.

So when people in the UK say 'let's eat Asian tonight' they really mean 'let's have a curry'?

What is the UK's collective noun for Indonesians, Thai's, Chinese, Koreans and Japanese, if not Asian?

So when people in the UK say 'let's eat Asian tonight' they really mean 'let's have a curry'?

What is the UK's collective noun for Indonesians, Thai's, Chinese, Koreans and Japanese, if not Asian?

Asian means Chinese, Japanese ect. 'Least it does in my area of England. Arab is M.E and Indian is well, India.

Edited by Chokmah

Asian means Chinese, Japanese ect. 'Least it does in my area of England. Arab is M.E and Indian is well, India.

In the NW of England Asian refers to anyone who has slanty eyes (there I said it).

Anyone who wears a turban or has a red dot on their head is Indian and anyone who looks like an Indian and doesnt wear a turban or have a red dot on their head is Pakistani.

Anyone woman who covers everything up but her eyes is refered to as Muslim as is anyone who isnt white walking in or out of a Mosque or anyone with signs that say burn the infidels etc.

Anyone who has skin darker than can be achieved through a sun bed is black.

Anyone who is skinny, spotty and wears a tracksuit is a druggie.

I refer to the only muslim person from England I can say i'm friends with as Brian. I refer to the only asian family I can say I am friends with as the Wongs.

It's a very scientific process.

Cue the over sensitive responses from people who know the nationality, religion, culture etc of everyone just by looking at them.

As well as those who not only have the above ability but know more about them the actual person they look at.

Edited by <bleeding_heart>

That's what I thought, though aren't India and Pakistan still described as part of the Far East?

Im not really understanding this.

If allah wants them to blow up people, who do none of these goofs plots ever really work. If I thought I was doing a something for a divine cause yet kept seeing that everything that those sharing my ideology is failing, wouldnt they question thier faith, or at least what they are doing?

Or perhaps I use common sense, something that pretty much no religious person does, let alone super crazy moslems. I kind of want to laugh at these people, but at the same time it's morbid seeing that they have in the past actually managed to shed blood.

As for someone asking about why the SUV would keep burning so intensly, it's probably because it was meant as a VBIED, but the propellants burned instead of detonating. Must have been allah's will

Should have just been left to burn to death.

I must say I find it weird that the BBC news tonight claimed to speak to the MP of the Constituency Glasgow Airport is located in…. but instead they interviewed our only Muslim MP Mohammad Sarwar. But he is MP of Glasgow Central.

Glasgow Airport however, despite its name is actually located in Paisley, the town I live, and is in the constituency of Paisley and Renfrewshire North, whose MP is Jim Sheridan. I wonder if the BBC made this error deliberately simply so it could have a Muslim on TV condemning the attacks?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=nav...sa=N&tab=wl

Very good point ,Talon.

We dont say,"lets eat Asian tonight". If we fancy Chinese food we say ,"lets have a Chinese". If its curry we want, it would be ,"lets have a curry", or "lets have an Indian".

I feel sorry for the Indian people in the uk. They are good,peaceful people (Hindus & Seikhs), but sometimes get racially abused because of their similar colour to Pakistanis (muslim) & the terrorist stuff & all that entails.

We dont say,"lets eat Asian tonight". If we fancy Chinese food we say ,"lets have a Chinese". If its curry we want, it would be ,"lets have a curry", or "lets have an Indian".

I feel sorry for the Indian people in the uk. They are good,peaceful people (Hindus & Seikhs), but sometimes get racially abused because of their similar colour to Pakistanis (muslim) & the terrorist stuff & all that entails.

Very good point Rocket....

In my part of the UK, Asian refers to Pakistani's, Bangladesh and basically anyone from the Indian continent, we have no significant populations of Vietnamese or koreans so Chines stand out on there own and are referred to as "Chines" When going to an Asian restaurant most people say i'm "going for an Indian" or I'm off to the curry house.

.......but don't EVER.......EVER...........say that Scotland is in England.....................

See, Joc understands

Was anyone comforted when Brown came out and delivered his "statement" in a monotone voice and looking like he really can't cope with the demands of the job?

Not really, but I wouldn’t have been comforted had Blair of Cameron or any of them said it. The only thing that would have made me happy if our leaders had the balls to come out and say – “cr*w the Human Rights laws, we’re going kill all these terrorist scum!”

I hope I can say this without getting flamed but I'm really surprised there's been no blame thrown towards George Bush or the US yet....

These bombings have to do with the UKs bleeding heart attitude towards criminals and its lack of interest in defending its own people, not Bush.

Well who should we watch?

CNN told me Eire was Scotland on three occasions during the whole liquid explosive episode.

Years ago CNN did a report on tourists destinations, and when they did the one in Scotland they claimed we were in Scandinavia :rolleyes:

Yeah, that’s what I say too.

I feel sorry for the Indian people in the uk. They are good,peaceful people (Hindus & Seikhs), but sometimes get racially abused because of their similar colour to Pakistanis (muslim) & the terrorist stuff & all that entails

Yeah, I think with all the terrorist out there and the Muslim protesting that we should all convert, a lot of southern-Asian peoples are being labelled a Muslims because they look like Arabs.

The Working-class here also refer to Pakistani’s as ‘Paki’, which the middle-classes and above say is racist. I personally would not use the term because it offends people, but I know people who do use it (including one guy who is Pakistani) as simply an abbreviation, the same as Scottish becomes Scot, with no malice whatsoever.

Edited by Anvil

Five people have been arrested. They don't know if they're British Muslims.

I hope nothing more comes out of Britian. >.< I mean no more attacks.

The two terrorists are not scottish, but have lived in scotland for a period of time. They don't say where they are from exactly...

I'm not sure were your getting your info from Louie? The Protestants in northern Ireland are of Scottish decent, many parts of Scotland supported the Irish loyalists

and many are loyalists themselves, (come on the Gers ) a large % of the British army is made up of scots and recently there as been trouble with muslims kidnaping and torturing a young Scottish lad, before setting him on fire. O yes the British prime minister is Scottish.

shove yer gers up yer a*** ;-)

shove yer gers up yer a*** ;-)

LOL.