Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teaching Your Child Tolerance

GoddessWhispers

I wonder wether the disquiet here is that children are not being allowed to make their own minds up about the people around them ?

I studied all sorts of subjects at school.... physics, biology, chemistry, music, german... but I was never compelled to sit in a class being tought why I should 'like or value' one of my classmates who had a different skin colour, or a different religion. We left that up to the playground.

Meow Purr.

realize it or not hate and prejudice are taught , they are not come by naturally. Put a black child of 3 and a white child of 3 together to play and that's what they do. race hasn't become an issue that can comprehend. the same goes for gender and ethnicity.

so waiting until a child can make up their own minds means waiting until they learn to hate from parents , TV and the outside world. even if it isn't intentional.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Rocket88

• GoddessWhispers

• itsnotoutthere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 14yr old son was recently ganged up on by 5 muslims at school.He had gone to the aid of a friend who was being beaten up by this gang. He came home terrified after being told he was going to be ,"slashed up".

Shall i ask him & his friend to be tolerant ?

did you take this up with the school? the police ? why were they beating up his friend?

How many times I've seen someone 'ganged' up on to find out the one being ganged up on had a big mouth usually saying something deserving to get in trouble for. ( although it is cowards that gang up on a person instead of a one on one encounter)

rarely is anyone innocent .

Edited by Lt_Ripley

You have the most mind twisting logic.

There nothing twisted about it; simply put, people who over compensate are trying to hide something.

Say for example; If a white person, dreads theirs hair, only listens to black music only dates black people, only wears black clothes. I don’t think they’re ‘opened minded’ I think they’re mentally deranged with serious race issues who are desperately trying to hide them.

Thats the problem, people think 'understanding' means 'liking', so when you try to understand the mind of an enemy you're on their side. Now, this ethnic culture you seem to be so hostile towards doesn't intrude into my personal life, but I do see it all around me, so I just live with it.

I'm not hostile towards them but I do understand humans- I'm not hostile to any 'one group'.

So how can I learn tolerance? Oh yes, I see by not living anywhere near them.(see quote below)

Now, this ethnic culture you seem to be so hostile towards doesn't intrude into my personal life

I’ve met so many tolerance people like yourself; it’s easy when you live in an all white area I guess.

You know, you're no better than these racist ethnic minorities, because you don't make the easy step to be tolerant of them.

What? Now that's twisted logic...so do you 'reach out' to white/black supremacists? NO..so that makes you as bad as them then? :blink:

Most of them will learn tolerance, so will most white people, if they allow themselves to learn it, and all that will be left is a few maverick racists on either side we'll just have to deal with.

Sounds like a declaration of war.. you shall be tolerance! Intolerance shall not be tolerated! :lol:

Unfortunately, as has been proven by history- the stronger culture will assimilate the weaker culture. I’m talking stronger/weaker as in a sense of identity.

This is quite apparent in London..where the new generation black/white/ asian all talk in Jamaica/black American gang culture language..

Why is this happening? Because as I’ve stated many times before; the ‘black culture’ is taught from an early age “you can do no wrong it’s other cultures have wronged you”

This leads to arrogances and a big ego. On the other side, white kids are taught to feel ashamed of their heritage and colour- Now that's twisted logic. Seems like 'tolerance' has different levels of 'tolerance' assigned to each race. Twisted logic.

Edited by billyhill

realize it or not hate and prejudice are taught , they are not come by naturally. Put a black child of 3 and a white child of 3 together to play and that's what they do. race hasn't become an issue that can comprehend. the same goes for gender and ethnicity.

so waiting until a child can make up their own minds means waiting until they learn to hate from parents , TV and the outside world. even if it isn't intentional.

That's supposedly the 'theory' People pick it up from their parents..personally I think it's a load of b******s but some people believe it.

Especially the liberals...which is why they want to 'get to the kids' and re-educate them- like I said; Like pedos, the liberals prey on children.

Good point... and this applies to all cultures..

The best way to teach a child tolerance is to live it. If your child sees you treating people as equals, they will learn to do the same. If you go through forced motions, sitting down little Johnny and saying, "You've got to be tolerant, blah, blah, blah..." not only are you going to bore the child, but they're going to see right through you.

Of course, there is also something to be said about teaching them a bit of "intolerance."

The best way to teach a child tolerance is to live it. If your child sees you treating people as equals, they will learn to do the same. If you go through forced motions, sitting down little Johnny and saying, "You've got to be tolerant, blah, blah, blah..." not only are you going to bore the child, but they're going to see right through you.

Of course, there is also something to be said about teaching them a bit of "intolerance."

Very true.

Tolerance can mean taking a permissive attitude to something one does not approve of.

Perhaps it is "Respect" we should be teaching instead of "tolerance."

Tolerance can mean taking a permissive attitude to something one does not approve of.

Perhaps it is "Respect" we should be teaching instead of "tolerance."

I don't think respect and tolerance are mutually exclusive.

Or alternatively they become like this because of the hate and prejudice shown to them. If you get continually s**t on from a great height, sooner or later you throw some s**t back.

Or alternatively they become like this because of the hate and prejudice shown to them. If you get continually s**t on from a great height, sooner or later you throw some s**t back.

I hate to agree with this but I do. I'm sorry. But two of my children are developing an aversion to certain races of kids because they have beaten them up over and over again and are mean to them in school.

I love when people say PARENTS teach kids to hate. No sometimes people teach them to hate as well.

did you take this up with the school? the police ? why were they beating up his friend?

How many times I've seen someone 'ganged' up on to find out the one being ganged up on had a big mouth usually saying something deserving to get in trouble for. ( although it is cowards that gang up on a person instead of a one on one encounter)

Spoken like a true bleeding heart liberal.

My children don't have big mouths and don't cause trouble. My one son was beaten up for not sharing his M&Ms at lunch the kid kicked him backwards in the chest off the bench.

And I spoke to my son to be sure that he didn't leave out "just that kid" and make him feel excluded. The school was so impressed with the way I handled it because I didn't get upset with the other boy.

Later another kid shoved him so that he hit his head on the asphalt on the school yard. Then I got mad. Both these kids came from bad homes with uninvolved parent.

My children don't have big mouths and don't cause trouble. My one son was beaten up for not sharing his M&Ms at lunch the kid kicked him backwards in the chest off the bench.

And I spoke to my son to be sure that he didn't leave out "just that kid" and make him feel excluded. The school was so impressed with the way I handled it because I didn't get upset with the other boy.

Later another kid shoved him so that he hit his head on the asphalt on the school yard. Then I got mad. Both these kids came from bad homes with uninvolved parent.

Yep, i had something similar with my youngest daughter, but thankfully her school was hot on it & sorted it. But so many schools try to pretend it doesn't happen & lets be truthful it,s only ethnic minorities who are allowed to play the race card & taken seriously.

But two of my children are developing an aversion to certain races of kids because they have beaten them up over and over again and are mean to them in school.

As a completely non-racist non-prejudiced person, I've having difficulty working out which race it could be.

Is it the Chinese kids who are going round beating up the other kids?

sniff...

I've had my troubles, similar to the one you mentioned, in that age as well. By other Finns and minorities alike. I came out fine. I don't hold any particular grudges toward those people anymore. I didn't become racist. In fact, it's a lot easier around here to get in trouble with some local nationalists in a small town...even though I detest those people, at the same time they probably didn't have the best upbringing/childhood, have virtually nothing to do, are being left out of the society in general...so I kind of understand those idiots. Plus, I'm a lot better off than them to begin with.

As to what you should ask them to do/think...I'd ask him and his friend to keep their eyes open and avoid trouble. Run even, if possible. Or stand up for themselves, maybe take some muay thai lessons. That's what I did. Same as you'd tell them if the ones who mugged them were of your own religion/color/whatever. Do you think it would be better for them to start hating all muslims because of an incident like that?

The point is, the ones bullying them ARE NOT my own religion/colour/whatever. They are of a race/religion that is completely intolerant of anyone else.

I hate to agree with this but I do. I'm sorry. But two of my children are developing an aversion to certain races of kids because they have beaten them up over and over again and are mean to them in school.

I love when people say PARENTS teach kids to hate. No sometimes people teach them to hate as well.

Well said.

Don't worry about it Rocket88, they're trying the old liberal tactic of blaming the victim. This way they can still wear those rose tinted glasses and pat themselves on the back..

There nothing twisted about it; simply put, people who over compensate are trying to hide something.

Say for example; If a white person, dreads theirs hair, only listens to black music only dates black people, only wears black clothes. I don’t think they’re ‘opened minded’ I think they’re mentally deranged with serious race issues who are desperately trying to hide them.

No one in this thread has come across as that to me. What exactly is dressing 'black'? People can dress however they want, doesn't mean they want to be black, just because there are some out there who do. And all modern music is 'black' music to a degree. Chuck Berry was black and he invented rock.

Blues, Jazz, Rock, Pop and Soul all have heavy black influences, if you listen to any music these days you're listening to 'black' music, but you're also listening to 'white' music because white people had alot of later influence on the genres. Is rap 'black' music to you? I listen to a bit of rap, not because I wish I were black, but because I enjoy it.

I’ve met so many tolerance people like yourself; it’s easy when you live in an all white area I guess.

I dont live in an all white area, I have no idea where you got that from. Adelaide is a mixing pot of all different races and nationalities and everyone seems to get along well enough.

What? Now that's twisted logic...so do you 'reach out' to white/black supremacists? NO..so that makes you as bad as them then? :blink:

Why would I reach out to fundamentalists? That seems like an exercise in futility to me.

This is quite apparent in London..where the new generation black/white/ asian all talk in Jamaica/black American gang culture language..

You can blame that on MTV. Did they burn down all your old english pubs and replace them with dance halls? The new generation will grow up one day, they'll learn that trying to be Lil Jon wont land them a job so they'll straighten out.

The point is, the ones bullying them ARE NOT my own religion/colour/whatever. They are of a race/religion that is completely intolerant of anyone else.

Hate the bullies, not the race.

Don't worry about it Rocket88, they're trying the old liberal tactic of blaming the victim. This way they can still wear those rose tinted glasses and pat themselves on the back..

We're talking about bullying here, usually the victim hasn't done anything, unless he tries to stand up to them, which means he'll get it worse than usual.

A racist statement if ever there was one :rolleyes:

A racist statement if ever there was one :rolleyes:

how so? :hmm:

how so? :hmm:

Well, to me it essentially seemed like the situation was about bullies, not about race. Those people were likely bullying Rocket88's son's friend, which makes them bullies. Bullies should be dealt with, no matter what color they are. So why bring up the color aspect? Seems like racism to me really.

Furthermore it's quite a racist generalization to claim people are of a "race/religion that is completely intolerant of anyone else". The generalization purports that a certain race is completely intolerant of anyone else (or a certain religion). Generalizations on that level cannot be made: each race and religion is made of individuals with highly variable levels of tolerance. I do realize, that the atmosphere on this board is that "muslims are intolerant". Well, some are and some aren't.

Teaching your child tollerence and racial awareness... The only problems we seem to get in our village is by visiting gangs of Asians, the only problems we seem to get at my health club are by gangs of Asians, intimidating staff and members. The only major problems we get within the city are Asian Riots.

My tollerence levels are burnt out and I personally don't care if it is looked upon as racist. The Asian community here don't want to integrate, they have had enough opportunities to.. they just want our free benefit system.

These kids in the photo are being taught racial tollerence.. "Hey Don't forget, kids: wear your Islamic Jihad headbands, wave your Islamic Jihad flags and shout those slogans real loud and you never know.. If you're lucky and work really really hard you might even get to blow yourself up in a crowded restaurant some day."

post-12734-1183538473_thumb.jpg

Furthermore it's quite a racist generalization to claim people are of a "race/religion that is completely intolerant of anyone else". The generalization purports that a certain race is completely intolerant of anyone else (or a certain religion). Generalizations on that level cannot be made: each race and religion is made of individuals with highly variable levels of tolerance. I do realize, that the atmosphere on this board is that "muslims are intolerant". Well, some are and some aren't.

Well lets just say they haven't got a very good track record.