Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tasmanian Tiger may not be extinct

UM-Bot

user posted image rAustralian wildlife scientists have re-opened the cryptic case of the Tasmanian tiger, a marsupial carnivore that resembled a striped coyote and which was last seen alive more than 70 years ago. Scientists think chances are slim that Thylacinus still roams remote areas of Tasmania, the large island just south of Australia, but they can't help but turn over every possible leaf for evidence.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Fox News

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear's Quest

• UM-Bot

• DieChecker

• Aaron Whisman

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a chance there is still some tazzy tigers left. The population density of Tasmania is 7.1, which is much less then the density of Oregon, where I am, at 35.6. Oregon has a lot of forest land and only a couple big cities, 7.1 seems to be a low population to me. The population density is comparable to Russia, with all of Siberia included at a 8.3 population density.

Would seem there are lots of places to hide.

linked-image

Edited by DieChecker

I've heard a lot about these in the past year, sounds like some cool stuff. Let's hope we find some!

That Farmer! If only he knew he might of wiped out Tas' tiger. It could of been mommy Tas searching for food for her dying cubs.

Life goes on and lets hope if they are alive hiding down in a cave somewhere?

Chances are mommy Tas was wiping out "that farmer's" flock, ergo his livelihood and taking food out of HIS kids mouth.

I look forward to any more news pertaining to the Tasmanian Tiger always wanted one when i was younger in school lol such an odd creature

Chances are mommy Tas was wiping out "that farmer's" flock, ergo his livelihood and taking food out of HIS kids mouth.

well, let me rephrase what I should of said after the fact.

"If the farmer only knew that he was wiping out maybe the last Taz Tiger, he would of captured it and saving mommy Taz and maybe her cubs.

I lived in rural Tasmania working a property for about 18 months,and still return there once a year and when you see how wild the place still is in most areas first hand its easy to believe that there could be all sorts of things living out there. most of the locals around there were adamant that they were still running around.

Very cool place to visit...$3.80 (ozy dollar)for a Jim beam and coke!!!!! haha Bargain.

But yeah i have the strong belief that they are still around.....as for your comment Mule,true that these things attacked flocks they are wild animals...but alot of the farmers around that period used them to get there 15 minutes of fame, and went on hunting trips to track and kill the Tazy tigers...hunting in Tasmania was always a huge deal. he would have gotten a lot more money for a Dead Tazy tiger than the dollar value of the live stock that he may have lost.

as most people have stated the chanch of tazmanian tirgers still being live and around is quite possible and if they are they can be protected and not go extinct again