Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three years and still no answers

Conspiracy

REGINA (CP) - Three years and 1,500 tips later, the mystery of what happened to a five-year-old child who disappeared from her Regina home remains unsolved.

Tamra Keepness went to bed at about 11 p.m. on July 5, 2004, but it wasn't until noon the next day that someone noticed she was missing.

Her disappearance sparked one of the largest searches in Regina's history.

"It's really sad," said Erica Beaudin, one of the hundreds of people who searched for Tamra for months.

"I'm a mother of two daughters and two sons and I think about how I'd feel if I was Tamra's mom and dad. It's still really hard and it still chokes me up."

Regina police say her case is still active, with one officer assigned to the case.

"We fear that Tamra Keepness met with foul play but still we have to hold out hope," said police spokeswoman Elizabeth Popowich.

Lorena Keepness said she believes her daughter, who would be eight this year, is alive.

"I am still holding out hope she is out there because nothing that's happened tells me otherwise. I appreciate everyone's prayers and I thank them from the bottom of my heart."

Keepness has always maintained that Tamra was snatched by some random deviant, but police have not found any evidence so far to support that.

Don Simpson, who has operated a barbershop in the neighbourhood where the Keepnesses lived, said on that day three years ago, everyone in the area was upset about Tamra being missing.

A poster with Tamra's faded photo still sits in Simpson's shop window.

"Everybody wants to know what really happened so we can say goodbye," Simpson said.

"Maybe she's a thousand miles away, playing right now, or maybe she's buried someplace near here."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/07...4316863-cp.html

Sounds Pretty Fishy... The whole not caring or seeing her till noon then figuring it out

Edited by Conspiracy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrucePrime

• Conspiracy

• Purplos

• Lt_Ripley

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No one noticed she was missing until 12 the next day? That's really fishy.

Chances are her parents know where she is.

No one noticed she was missing until 12 the next day? That's really fishy.

Chances are her parents know where she is.

I agree.

I also agree. Who doesn't check on their five year old daughter until noon?

I also agree. Who doesn't check on their five year old daughter until noon?

My son is five. I know what time he wakes up. If he isn't in my face demanding my attention at that time, I get worried.

linked-image

mmmh I'd be looking closely at her step father...