Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hostage Takers Threaten British Girl

GoddessWhispers

Associated Press

Hostage Takers Threaten British Girl

By NIYI BABADE July 6, 2007

The sobbing mother of a British girl kidnapped in Nigeria said Friday her 3-year old is under threat of death and living on bread and water, as police promised to free her without resorting to force.

Hostages in Nigeria's southern oil region have died only when security forces battled kidnappers, and the regional police commissioner said security forces would not use violence to free Margaret Hill.

"The use of force to free the British girl is ruled out, but we are doing our best to get her freed unharmed," said the commissioner, Felix Ogbaudu.

The mother of the girl, snatched by gunmen Thursday as the car carrying her to school was stuck in traffic, said the captors had called the family.

The kidnappers were feeding her daughter only bread and water, Oluchi Hill said, weeping during a brief interview with The Associated Press through the concertina-wire topped gate of the family home.

Oluchi Hill said the captors were threatening to kill the girl and then come after her and the girl's father, Mike Hill, who has lived in the country for years and runs a bar popular with expatriates in Port Harcourt, the country's main oil center. (Story Continues)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyWeather

• GoddessWhispers

• ships-cat

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a geography for schools programme at 2:30 a couple nights ago (I messed up my sleeping pattern again >.< ) and it was on about the unstability of Nigeria (At least I think it was Nigeria... it was 2:30am after all :lol: ) where the gangs are on the increase making their own laws.

Hopefully the kid'll get out okay, anyone who uses civilians as bargaining chips should be hanged without the trap door. So they suffer longer.

I was watching a geography for schools programme at 2:30 a couple nights ago (I messed up my sleeping pattern again >.< ) and it was on about the unstability of Nigeria (At least I think it was Nigeria... it was 2:30am after all :lol: ) where the gangs are on the increase making their own laws.

Hopefully the kid'll get out okay, anyone who uses civilians as bargaining chips should be hanged without the trap door. So they suffer longer.

Errr... if you hang them without the trapdoor, they just kinda stand on the gallows with a limp rope looking embarressed. Thats the whole point of the trapdoor. (or rather, the opening of the trapdoor).

Sorry Chokmah, I'm being silly... I know what you mean. (hang them in the sense of strangulation, rather than breaking their necks)

The answer to this problem is to invest in research for energy that does not require Oil. (Fusion would be a good bet). At that point, we could withdraw from Nigeria/Saudi/Iran/Iraq/(fill in the blanks) and leave them to take each other hostage, and happily continue their medieval existance without troubling the civilised world.

This is the View from the Catbasket.

Meow Purr.

Errr... if you hang them without the trapdoor, they just kinda stand on the gallows with a limp rope looking embarressed. Thats the whole point of the trapdoor. (or rather, the opening of the trapdoor).

:lol: hahahaha well... I heard people die from embarresment... My plan could work...