Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The girl on the London Underground

Blackwhite

Not to be nit-picky or anything, but a few people have said something about the scissors not being able to hold the body up. Just thought I'd comment on that.

It says : "He had watched them drag her onto the train with a pair of scissors stuck in the back of her skull."

I doubt that it meant that the two drug her in by the scissors. Just that they drug her in and she happened to have scissors in her skull. It doesn't say that they put the scissors in the skull either. It seems more to me that they were already there and the other man noticed when they sat down. Maybe they walked passed him or something and he saw it then. o.O

Either way, it's a very freaky story. There's so many horror stories floating around about subways and things like that. I hope I don't ever have to get on one.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear's Quest

• TillyNatz

• Jeenuh

• Primeval

i think in one of the versions its a man and he has a bullet wound, and everyone thinks he is drunk because he is swaying between the other two passengers, who then get off and leave the body there.

That's the one I've read also. Although the scissors one is even more creepy than that one though only because in the second version it's the thought of being left alone with them in the train.

I agree with the above posts - they probably pulled her in by her shoulders or arms. The scissors were obviously what killed her, not what was holding her up. Plus, the guy would have known that she was dead because:

1. She's got a pair of scissors in her head. Enough said.

2. They'd have to prop her up on the seat.

3. Since she's dead, she'd have glazed over look in her eyes, or her eyes would be closed.

Actually one of the most believable urban 'legends' that I've heard.

hmmm my question is how they wouldnt notice she was dead in first place. I mean it would be obvious with all the blood, but you never eh? :P

hahahaha that was a good one :D

• 1 month later...

I live in Sydney, I heard this story happened here... except this apprantly happened to someone who is close to my old best friend. The girl got onto the train which was full minus a carriage which only had a few people in it amounst the people were 3 girls, similar in age to her own. The girl sat a few seats in front of the 3 girls and the girl in the middle was constently staring at her... so the girl tried to seem preoccupied by staring out the window. Eventully the other people got off, as her stop was Campbelltown (where I live) which was the last stop. A train patrol man, began "inspecting tickets" and asked the girl by herself to show hers first... she showed him the ticket but he insisted he come with her based on the fact the ticket had expired... She was later informed the girl in the middle had been strangled by the two girls on each side of her, and had been captured on video. The police were waiting to make arrests at campbelltown and had informed the transit officers.

This story creeped me out ALOT. I only heard it recently.. and the fact it happened to someone close to my best friend.... but hearing a similar story on this.. in London makes me doubt it. :unsure2:

I live in Sydney, I heard this story happened here... except this apprantly happened to someone who is close to my old best friend. The girl got onto the train which was full minus a carriage which only had a few people in it amounst the people were 3 girls, similar in age to her own. The girl sat a few seats in front of the 3 girls and the girl in the middle was constently staring at her... so the girl tried to seem preoccupied by staring out the window. Eventully the other people got off, as her stop was Campbelltown (where I live) which was the last stop. A train patrol man, began "inspecting tickets" and asked the girl by herself to show hers first... she showed him the ticket but he insisted he come with her based on the fact the ticket had expired... She was later informed the girl in the middle had been strangled by the two girls on each side of her, and had been captured on video. The police were waiting to make arrests at campbelltown and had informed the transit officers.

This story creeped me out ALOT. I only heard it recently.. and the fact it happened to someone close to my best friend.... but hearing a similar story on this.. in London makes me doubt it. :unsure2:

The thing with urban legends is it's always a friend of a friend. I think I'd be more inclined to believe it if you'd seen it on the news and, lets face it, a story like this would be in the news.

Edited by Regency

They probably wouldnt have noticed. Most people who ride on the London Underground look worse than that anyway. Deathly pallor, hint of blood, pair of scissors in the back of your skull, sounds like a normal night on the tube. Especially on the district line :lol:

Id never heard about this one. It probably started off as na actually freaky story made to sound even more freaky.

I belive all Urban Legends come from a real story, but the stories over time are changed to scare the pants off ya.

You know, you should actually read the story carefully before making comments.

As the story goes, the man saw the guys drag the lady in with the scissors ALREADY in the back of her head.

If a person was stabbed in the back of the head, then, if the weapon such as a nife was still inserted, not much if any blood would come out. Some murders dont get mentioned to the media especially if its a story and there is no 'body' of the victim. some people, refugees and tramps, have no one to report them missing....

• 11 months later...

OK

I live in london and this story is about my sister's friend who went to the university of queen marys, london. It IS a true story, and the first post about it is accurate. Happened years ago, and it isn't a myth. It still haunts her today and its pretty rude that its been turned into some urban legend.

I'm sadden for the loss of your sister's friend and for you as this brings back horrible memories, it must be hard to get past this and we do wish the best for you and your sister.

Please pardon us cause this is a 'Urban Legends' board and I'm sure most of us never knew it to be true. :(

Yup, one post from a hit and run poster saying that it happen to a friend of their sister, exactly like the first post.

Must be true.

:)

Yup, one post from a hit and run poster saying that it happen to a friend of their sister, exactly like the first post.

Must be true.

:)

I am not so sure, I live not far from London and I never heard about this. I have also tried searching through local papers and online and cannot find anything. Me thinks that it is an urban legend after all. If it were true there would have been a huge thing about it here and it would be searchable and traceable now.

Is a pair of scissors enough to support the weight of a corpse??? I don't think so!

Are you serious? If its lodged in there it is absolutely possible!

I am not so sure, I live not far from London and I never heard about this. I have also tried searching through local papers and online and cannot find anything. Me thinks that it is an urban legend after all. If it were true there would have been a huge thing about it here and it would be searchable and traceable now.

Er, I was being sarcastic....

Lowest form of wit, I know!

Edited by JamieSymptom

Not to be nit-picky or anything, but a few people have said something about the scissors not being able to hold the body up. Just thought I'd comment on that.

It says : "He had watched them drag her onto the train with a pair of scissors stuck in the back of her skull."

I doubt that it meant that the two drug her in by the scissors. Just that they drug her in and she happened to have scissors in her skull. It doesn't say that they put the scissors in the skull either. It seems more to me that they were already there and the other man noticed when they sat down. Maybe they walked passed him or something and he saw it then. o.O

Either way, it's a very freaky story. There's so many horror stories floating around about subways and things like that. I hope I don't ever have to get on one.

'Drug' as in the past tense of drag is not a word! It's dragged.

Yeah, why can people not read that just because she had scissors stuck in the back of her head does not mean they actually dragged her onto the train by it. Though if the scissors were stuck deep enough, they would of been able to drag her by them.

Cool story, not sure about the true-ness of it though.

Edited by Bat_fish

OK

I live in london and this story is about my sister's friend who went to the university of queen marys, london. It IS a true story, and the first post about it is accurate. Happened years ago, and it isn't a myth. It still haunts her today and its pretty rude that its been turned into some urban legend.

If you say so. :rolleyes:

okay, they were not dragging her BY the scissors but rather the man noticed that she was sporting some scissors in her skull (quite fashionable, might i add) when she was dragged in.