Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Britain heading towards Civil War ?

Rocket88

If you burn them it costs one life.... Leave them to strap bombs to themselves, and..... well. You get get the picture

I don't know why I even bother...

First off, I don't know what that heartstring plucking poetry about the families of terrorist strike victims has to do with the absurdity of a planned muslim invasion.

Secondly: Who are you going to burn?

Edited by Dusty Digital

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocket88

• Luka the Rentboy

• Bill Hill

• Commander CMG

I don't know why I even bother...

Don't then :)

First off, I don't know what that heartstring plucking poetry about the families of terrorist strike victims has to do with the absurdity of a planned muslim invasion.

Probably very little, but the more they feel victimised in other the countries, the more they understand the actions of the extremists. Take unhappy Muslims feeling victimised in a country say USA, and then vulnerable to boot... creates tension.

Secondly: Who are you going to burn?

Nobody..... Why would I do that?

All I said was costing one life would save many in some situations. The burning only came about with them burning ol' Saint George.

All this is a bit like saying if the Jesuits starting campaigning for a strict Jesuit State, we'd all go out and burn all the Christians ......

There are more people in Britain who hate all muslims than there are muslims who hate all christians or the British way of life. Which is a sad and worrying indictment on the intelligence of people born in this country :(

All this is a bit like saying if the Jesuits starting campaigning for a strict Jesuit State, we'd all go out and burn all the Christians ......

There are more people in Britain who hate all muslims than there are muslims who hate all christians or the British way of life. Which is a sad and worrying indictment on the intelligence of people born in this country :(

I believe so, Essan. But my fellow muslims brought this on them self by not standing up against fanatism in their midst. It took us too long to act against the radicals.

What happened in Pakistan was a necesity.

In Bosnia the main Imam, reis ul ulema Ceric is fighting hard against the radicals. He is treathening to shut down, close, every mosque where hatred is preached but he can not inprison the radicals.

This has to be done by the government.

England needs to act but avoid generelizing all muslims like the newspapers are doing.

My thoughts exactly, Essan. I don't really understand all this talk about an approaching civil war, I'd say the present situation is a far cry from one -> I don't really see one coming in the near future either.

My thoughts exactly, Essan. I don't really understand all this talk about an approaching civil war, I'd say the present situation is a far cry from one -> I don't really see one coming in the near future either.

True but if the terriosts keep attacking the general public especially in public places of when they are socilasing at the weekends, eventually people will get tired of being told what to do or being forced to change thier lifestyles and will start acting back.

True but if the terriosts keep attacking the general public especially in public places of when they are socilasing at the weekends, eventually people will get tired of being told what to do or being forced to change thier lifestyles and will start acting back.

Agreed, that's why I said in the near future ;)

The truth is, both the indigenous and the immigrant population will be the victims, and the unintending victims, of forces created by the circumstances which we have allowed and continue to allow to develop and which we show no intention of ever attempting to reverse.

I believe so, Essan. But my fellow muslims brought this on them self by not standing up against fanatism in their midst. It took us too long to act against the radicals.

What happened in Pakistan was a necesity.

In Bosnia the main Imam, reis ul ulema Ceric is fighting hard against the radicals. He is treathening to shut down, close, every mosque where hatred is preached but he can not inprison the radicals.

This has to be done by the government.

True, the muslims need to take care of their own, otherwise it'll be seen as if they support such actions taken by the radicals.

The drive will never be taken by the Government because it can always be misconstrued to be racist which the moderate muslims/liberals are sympathetic to and will oppose. Let's not beat around the bush, most muslims in the UK are immigrants.

I fear the moderate muslims are not powerful enough or lack the desire to take on the radical muslims.

England needs to act but avoid generelizing all muslims like the newspapers are doing.

There's only so much you can keep blaming the media-if anything- the media is by in large suppressing the more..er damaging stories.

There is the primitive but widespread superstition that if danger is not mentioned, it will go away, or even that it is created by being identified and can therefore be destroyed again by being left in silence.

It's a ridiculous idea. You're talking about an extreme minority of people. In 2001, only 2.7% of the British community identified them selves as being Muslim, and of those, only an minority behave in the way that you state.

No, the average Briton is not. Are you seriously trying to say that no Muslim can be considered British?

If the situation continues to escalate, you're perhaps going to see action taken against specific Muslim clerics or other key figures who try to lead radical Muslim groups.

But war? Of course it's not going to happen.

I agree Raptor, I've also wondered if the lastest failed attacks on Britain has released some of the PC tension. I can't help but notice a slight change in attitude with humor appearing to be the way to deal with the reality of it. Humor can be great to breakdown barriers. I don't think it's a sign of a civil war ahead. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel something different has come out of this.

I want to burn a muslim flag in the street and have my guard pigs round me so they dare not come near me.

What does a muslim flag look like?

On the bright side no Muslims have moved into my street so it is still a peaceful, valuable area..... ;)

That is a bigoted 1950's america statement if I've ever heard one.

It's one thing to not want unruly 'protest everything and cause political uproar' muslims on your street, but it is a whole other statement to say no muslims on your street period makes it a valuable, peaceful area.

But what else do I expect from someone who says "maybe we should just burn them"

Guest Lottie
I want to burn a muslim flag in the street and have my guard pigs round me so they dare not come near me.

On the bright side no Muslims have moved into my street so it is still a peaceful, valuable area..... ;)

These comments have been construed as discrimination against a specific religion. This is unacceptable on this site and will not be tolerated. Before this turns into another thread, which as it happens, has just been closed due to flaming and racist comments, you may want to read the Terms and Conditions of this site one more time.

3. Behaviour

Any of the following constitutes unacceptable behaviour:

3a. Racism or hatred: Do not post racist or hate-driven material or views which express hatred towards or discriminate against any specific race, religion, country, gender, individual or group.

Taken from Terms and conditions here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/rules.php

Edited by Lottie

if they dont like the way things are in Britain they should get kicked out and go back to their war torn countries where they constantly have to worry about being raped killed and robbed constantly

I've just taken the dog for a walk.. man, where I live it feels like you could get killed anytime.. the threat ain't coming from the muslims..this time.

so anytime someone has a complaint about immigration or the erosion of their culture and heritage they are somehow supporters of the bnp, public hangings,murderous torture and violent racism? sounds like a muslim nation under sharia law dont it :tu: and as i remember those peaceful flag burning hippy muslims at that ever so peaceful and respectable demonstration were also calling for sharia law in the u.k? or am i wrong? :no:

i rest my case.

and maybe those that dont see how serious the problem in the u.k is becoming should read this .http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/29/nsharia29.xml

its old but still relevent.

Edited by conspiracysrus

and this is sharia on freedom of speech among other things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Freedom_of_speechif the uk had the same laws protecting its religion those protesters would now be dead.

so why is it so terrible to show a serious dislike and or furious hatred toward such people? the bottom line is that islamic law has no place in the u.k or anywhere else in europe.

in my opinion neither does any other ridiculas religious cults laws including christianity.

Edited by conspiracysrus

Lets get back on track ?

"is Britain heading towards civil war"?

if they dont like the way things are in Britain they should get kicked out and go back to their war torn countries where they constantly have to worry about being raped killed and robbed constantly

But thousands have been born in Britain.They are counted as British, but have the morals (lack off) of their parents countries.

I think rocket88 has asked a valid question, and I am concerned that we ARE heading for a civil war.

Well, lets analyse this. A civil war occurs when two (or more) large power blocks within a country posses such diverse phillosophies or aims that they can no longer co-exist. So do these conditions exist ?

Well, as several posters have pointed out, the Muslim population of the country is very small - less than 5%, so on the face of it the conditions for civil war do not exist. However, the demographics are not so simple. Firstly, the Muslim population is growing FAR faster than the non-Muslim one. Secondly, Muslims tend to coalesce geographicly, rather than spreading out amongst the general populstion. (this feature is not unique to Muslims)

To illustrate this, Muslims count for about 8% of the population of London as measued by the Mayor of London's cencus. This is already higher than the national average. However, the corresponding figure for under-16's rises to 13% across the capital, and 20% for Inner London. Hence there is a time-bomb effect whereby the adult Muslim population - as a proportion - will escalate dramaticly over the next few years. Additionaly, Muslims tend to congregate in specific area's, leaving some borough's with an adult Muslim population approaching 50%.

( source (pdf file)

This pattern is reflected in a number of other major UK Cities, though not to such a great extend. So we can see that - in specific locales - Muslims DO represent the proverbial 'large power block', and one condition for civil war is met.

As for possessing incompatable phillosophies, then the issue of Sharia Law is a good crie de cour. This has already been introduced in some area's

( source ), and in poll 40% of Muslims who expressed an opinion approved of the general introduction of Sharia. source )

Few things could be more divisive than to unilaterly introduce a parallel judicial system, and this - to me - displays a staggering contempt of the indiginous culture of the UK. We now have to ask what happens when Sharia comes into conflict with UK laws ?

At that point we have the second requirement for civil war.

Meow Purr.

[so anytime someone has a complaint about immigration or the erosion of their culture and heritage they are somehow supporters of the bnp, public hangings,murderous torture and violent racism?

I think these kind of over the top responses generally come from armchair jihadists...

and are not genuine feelings....more along the lines of political propaganda. (albeit rather lame

and transparent)

................................................................................

Are we heading for civil war? It may come to that somewhere down the line.

No-one wants it.....except perhaps al Qaeda (which is where it gets confusing....)

Civil war can destroy the social fabric of a country....leave power vacuums all over the

place....it would be so much better if this problem could be solved some other way....and this

is why people feel let down by polititians.....do they see and feel what the general population

see and feel....we need peaceful, but resolute and honest solutions...and quick!!

I think rocket88 has asked a valid question, and I am concerned that we ARE heading for a civil war.

At that point we have the second requirement for civil war.

Meow Purr.

I wish i"d put that at the start! But i"m not that good with words. Thats my thoughts in a nutshell. Meowwwwwwwwwwww :tu:

Edited by Tiggs
Shortened Quote

I just saw the title of the thread. So I haven't read the first post. And I really hope not. I have two friends over there, that I'm worried about now. I don't need anything new to worry about.

I've only had coversations with three Middle Easterners in my life and they were Pakistani's. One femlale on the internet, and two gents that work at an Exxon gas station close to where I live that I've become friends with. The common thread is, all three have mentioned the British occupation of Pakistan without me ever bringing it up. So my conclusion is, it's a strong possibility there is some residual animosity toward GB by countries of the M.E. that were occupied by them in the past, therefore civil unrest may be possiblity.

Edited by Stardrive

I found that rather amusing!

In britain.

2.7% is not a significant population compared to the other 97.3%.

Edited by Nena