Monday, September 21, 2020

Police helicopter films UFO on thermal camera

Posted on Tuesday, 27 September, 2016 | Comment icon 100 comments

Even the police don't seem to know what this is. Image Credit: Twitter / NPAS St Athan
Thermal footage of a strange object flying over the Bristol Channel in the UK has been uploaded online.
Recorded on Saturday by a police helicopter flying over the channel at around 9:30pm, the object was reportedly invisible to the naked eye and could only be seen through an infrared camera.

Circular in shape, the object appeared to be flying against the wind despite possessing no apparent means of propulsion and local air traffic control reported that it hadn't picked anything up.

South Wales Police were in fact so perplexed by the sighting that they posted the video on Twitter (see above) to ask the general public for suggestions as to what it might have been.

"It's difficult to judge the size but we filmed it for just over seven minutes," they wrote.

Source: Somerset Live | Comments (100)

Tags: UFO, Bristol

Comment icon #91 Posted by ChrLzs on 30 September, 2016, 1:55
If the Lat/Lon co-ordinates are working (they weren't on a short section where I took notice), yes, we could define a range, but with so little distance info, it would be rather large and 'fan shaped'..  And I'm not sure what that would lead to..  I like to have an aim in mind before doing lotsa work...   I just don't think there's enough here to work with, in terms of getting to some data that could help pin anything down.  I'd get a bit more interested if we had access to the full 7 minutes or whatever it was, plus some footage of *known* stuff so we can compare - I'm still not even sure if ... [More]
Comment icon #92 Posted by lost_shaman on 30 September, 2016, 2:03
Well the Police did confirm on the Twitter acct. that black was hot.
Comment icon #93 Posted by lost_shaman on 30 September, 2016, 2:43
So the very last co-ordinates place the helo just above the Airports Northern most runway. The pilot will turn into the wind just before landing. This is why the camera pans to the left during the video (which is on approach).  That means the ufo is just Southeast of Cardiff Airport and roughly South of St. Athans. Approximately 2 miles or so away from the camera... roughly what Diechecker has estimated.
Comment icon #94 Posted by lost_shaman on 30 September, 2016, 2:52
Chrlzs, There are two lat/lon values on the video. The top is idle (possibly a reference to note direction of target when first acquired?). The second (below that), is the location of the helo.
Comment icon #95 Posted by ChrLzs on 30 September, 2016, 3:27
Thanks for the additional information - at the time I watched the Lat/Lon, the bottom figures were being cropped off.. For the sake of completeness, can you show the method you used to get the ~2 mile distance figure?
Comment icon #96 Posted by lost_shaman on 30 September, 2016, 5:06
ChrLzs,  Im judging based on what I've seen. What the data in the video is telling us.
Comment icon #97 Posted by ChrLzs on 30 September, 2016, 6:31
Thanks for clarifying.  I thought maybe you'd found some new/more info I had missed.
Comment icon #98 Posted by 1963 on 30 September, 2016, 15:49
Interesting enough video. But not really the clear cut indisputable 'Flying Saucer' type UFO that I crave to find! ... in fact it's just one of those anomalous films that just leave me a bit nonplussed ?? [surely this cant be ET/ID ? .. a probe maybe?.. nah!.. surely not! ? .. it has to be something natural/mundane. ] ..Puzzling alright this one, but not really unique. There's a couple that come to mind, but mostly It reminds me of 'The Homeland Security Video' from not so long ago... ... and then the subsequent 'balloon/cgi/bird/hoax/cameffect/etc' theories that habitually follow such /videos... [More]
Comment icon #99 Posted by ChrLzs on 30 September, 2016, 20:51
1963, I'm interested to see that a group claiming to be scientific, has done an extensive analysis.  However, I am reminded of some of the stuff by Maccabee and Haines... (cough)... Just curious - before I spend much time looking at it - is it published or peer-reviewed?  I suspect I know the answer to that, but one can hope...  If not, do you think that is because they couldn't find a suitable 'venue', or that there was pressure from the MIB, or ... any of the other usual excuses..  And yes, I will indeed be happy to put my expertise where my mouth is, and go over the report to see if it is g... [More]
Comment icon #100 Posted by Bathtub on 1 October, 2016, 3:27
I always believe that there's a rational explanation waiting to be found, and I don't instinctively trust the police or 'scientific' analysis: things are rarely as they seem. However, the Bristol Channel and Puerto Rico footage remind me of an experience I had in 1994. I offer no theory as to what I saw, and I can't objectively prove that it happened. But for what it's worth, here's an account I wrote some years ago of my sighting: On the evening of July 15, 1994, I was returning from a day at the Open golf championship at Turnbery in Scotland. I was one of a group of around 30 people aboard a... [More]

282018

117-year-old becomes third-oldest person ever
9-21-2020
Kane Tanaka - the oldest person in Japan - has reached a grand old age despite a penchant for fizzy drinks.
Pentagon has a zombie outbreak defense plan
9-21-2020
It turns out that there is a genuine plan in place to defend the United States in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
'Venus is a Russian planet' claims space chief
9-20-2020
Dmitry Rogozin made the rather bizarre claim while speaking to reporters at an exhibition last week.
32-year-old man looks like a 14-year-old boy
9-20-2020
Denis Vashurin is something of an online celebrity in Russia thanks to his bafflingly youthful appearance.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball