Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Man finds mystery sea creature on his driveway

Posted on Sunday, 3 June, 2018 | Comment icon 6 comments

Was the mystery creature a shark ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Tony Hisgett
81-year-old David Harding was 'mortified' to discover what looked like a dead shark in a large test tube.
Harding, who had been on a trip to Blackpool, returned home at 4pm on Friday and was getting out of his car when he noticed that someone had left the unusual object on the wall next to his driveway.

"I had been dancing in Blackpool with my lady friend Delia and I dropped her off at her place in Heswall and returned home [to Liverpool] at around 4pm yesterday (Friday)," he said.

"I got out of the car and I saw that confronting me. I was angry at first, I didn't like it - but I phoned Delia and she was laughing. It is funny."
The mysterious item is comprised of a transparent plastic water-filled tube with what looks like some sort of dead shark inside it. A yellow sticker on the outside reads "Lanzarote souvenir".

The Spanish island of Lanzarote does happen to have an aquarium, however it seems unlikely that it is in the business of selling dead specimens in test tubes as souvenirs.

Exactly how it ended up on Mr Harding's driveway continues to remain a total mystery.

Source: Liverpool Echo | Comments (6)

Tags: Sea Creature, Shark

Comment icon #1 Posted by ouija ouija on 3 June, 2018, 10:57
What on Earth?!!
Comment icon #2 Posted by Kaikou on 3 June, 2018, 11:24
Well, It would be rude to turn down a free gift.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Stiff on 3 June, 2018, 11:58
Probably a loan shark.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Still Waters on 3 June, 2018, 12:54
That's a strange souvenir. (if that's what it is) Perhaps it belonged to one of his neighbours who knew he was out at the time and wanted rid of it.
Comment icon #5 Posted by pallidin on 3 June, 2018, 23:22
It's a gift. The neighbor heard that he likes the T.V. program "Shark Tank"
Comment icon #6 Posted by Hawkin on 4 June, 2018, 5:29
Another sequel to the movie...Mini Jaws.

US Army signs deal to exploit 'UFO technology'
10-22-2019
The military has teamed up with Tom DeLonge's 'To The Stars' group to study alleged UFO 'metamaterials'.
Mystery surrounds London's 'Havering Hoard'
10-21-2019
An 'extraordinary' cache of Bronze Age weapons found in London has left experts scratching their heads.
45% of Americans believe in paranormal entities
10-21-2019
A new YouGov poll has revealed how many Americans believe in the existence of supernatural beings.
Britain's twelve most haunted roads revealed
10-21-2019
Motoring experts have compiled a list of twelve sinister roadways with a penchant for paranormal activity.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ