Thursday, January 23, 2020

Man finds mystery sea creature on his driveway

Posted on Sunday, 3 June, 2018 | Comment icon 6 comments

Was the mystery creature a shark ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Tony Hisgett
81-year-old David Harding was 'mortified' to discover what looked like a dead shark in a large test tube.
Harding, who had been on a trip to Blackpool, returned home at 4pm on Friday and was getting out of his car when he noticed that someone had left the unusual object on the wall next to his driveway.

"I had been dancing in Blackpool with my lady friend Delia and I dropped her off at her place in Heswall and returned home [to Liverpool] at around 4pm yesterday (Friday)," he said.

"I got out of the car and I saw that confronting me. I was angry at first, I didn't like it - but I phoned Delia and she was laughing. It is funny."
The mysterious item is comprised of a transparent plastic water-filled tube with what looks like some sort of dead shark inside it. A yellow sticker on the outside reads "Lanzarote souvenir".

The Spanish island of Lanzarote does happen to have an aquarium, however it seems unlikely that it is in the business of selling dead specimens in test tubes as souvenirs.

Exactly how it ended up on Mr Harding's driveway continues to remain a total mystery.

Source: Liverpool Echo | Comments (6)

Tags: Sea Creature, Shark

Comment icon #1 Posted by ouija ouija on 3 June, 2018, 10:57
What on Earth?!!
Comment icon #2 Posted by Kaikou on 3 June, 2018, 11:24
Well, It would be rude to turn down a free gift.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Stiff on 3 June, 2018, 11:58
Probably a loan shark.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Still Waters on 3 June, 2018, 12:54
That's a strange souvenir. (if that's what it is) Perhaps it belonged to one of his neighbours who knew he was out at the time and wanted rid of it.
Comment icon #5 Posted by pallidin on 3 June, 2018, 23:22
It's a gift. The neighbor heard that he likes the T.V. program "Shark Tank"
Comment icon #6 Posted by Hawkin on 4 June, 2018, 5:29
Another sequel to the movie...Mini Jaws.

Strange black smoke ring filmed over Pakistan
1-23-2020
This giant ring, which was spotted drifting up into the sky, has been the topic of some heated debate this week.
New facility to produce oxygen from Moon dust
1-22-2020
A new technique could help make it possible for humans to live on the lunar surface in the not-too-distant future.
Elusive thief lives in grocery store ceiling
1-22-2020
Cops in Auburn have been struggling to catch a thief who lives in the rafters of the very store he keeps robbing.
Video shows 'ghost' watching man sleeping
1-22-2020
A peculiar video, which shows an eerie figure staring at a man through a window, has recently gone viral online.
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA