Saturday, February 4, 2023
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Spirituality > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Spirituality

Virgin Mary 'appears in tree stump'

By T.K. Randall
July 10, 2009 · Comment icon 33 comments

Image Credit: Nasugbu batangas
A tree stump in Ireland has attracted thousands of people to a rural churchyard when workmen cutting down trees came across the stump that some believe to show the image of the Virgin Mary.
A tree stump which some believe shows an image of the Virgin Mary has attracted thousands of people to a rural churchyard in County Limerick.Workmen came across the stump at the Holy Mary Parish Church in Rathkeale while cutting down trees on Monday."

Source: BBC News | Comments (33)

Comment icon #24 Posted by J Gab 14 years ago
Now if in Ireland they had an occurance like in Zeoutin,Eygpt, where the Virgin Mary appeared walking around the dome of St.Mary's Coptic Church,that would be different.This happend back in the 1960s or 70s.It's been in Fate Magazine and other places. She was seen by muslims, christians, and others. She never addressed the crowd, never spoke like at Lourdes or Fatima,just was seen walking and praying.Even President Nassar saw her. I know there are several sites about on the web. I had never heard of this, but I definitely am going to go check it out now. As for this tree stump...anyone could h... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by 80's Baby 14 years ago
Oh please....I assure you nonbelievers, not all religious people are crazy! It's no wonder it seems that way, though. (Sigh)
Comment icon #26 Posted by The Silver Thong 14 years ago
She certainly gets around! I wonder if I might have a chance at her hmmm now that would be cool LOL
Comment icon #27 Posted by Jonah Hex 14 years ago
OMG i just made some toast and ate it and when i looked down i had bitten it into the shape of the Virgin Mary, Whooaa better go and lock my doors before the worshippers get here. :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: No! Unlock your doors and charge them $10 to see the Holy Toast.
Comment icon #28 Posted by schizoidwoman 14 years ago
I wonder if I might have a chance at her hmmm now that would be cool LOL I don't know, she strikes me as a bit wooden...
Comment icon #29 Posted by The Silver Thong 14 years ago
I don't know, she strikes me as a bit wooden... I'v been known to be a little wooden myself LOL
Comment icon #30 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: 14 years ago
if only 7% of the world had common sense, then it wouldn't be very 'common' now, would it? Touché! I like to think it's as common as an Argyle pink diamond
Comment icon #31 Posted by ValkyrieVoice 14 years ago
Why is it always Mary and not like Jesus? Or even Joseph? Not saying it's not true. I just wonder why it's only her?
Comment icon #32 Posted by Xenojjin 14 years ago
Why do people go to worship a stupid tree stump When no evidence exists for a belief some will move on, but others stay behind and become desperate. When they get desperate enough, anything will do. Even a tree stump. They can't really be blamed. This religion helps them get through life.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Samuronin 14 years ago
So having an object shape liked a virgin Mary deserves to be worshiped??

Our new book is out now!

The Unexplained Mysteries
Book of Weird News

AVAILABLE NOW

Take a walk on the weird side with this compilation of some of the weirdest stories ever to grace the pages of a newspaper.

Click here to learn more

We need your help!

Support us on Patreon

BONUS CONTENT

For less than the cost of a cup of coffee, you can gain access to a wide range of exclusive perks including our popular 'Lost Ghost Stories' series.

Click here to learn more