Monday, September 27, 2021

Was British policeman abducted by aliens ?

Posted on Thursday, 26 November, 2015 | Comment icon 32 comments

What did Godfry encounter that night over 35 years ago ? Image Credit: PD / Photovision / Pixabay
Former police officer Alan Godfry had a close encounter with a UFO while on patrol back in November 1980.
The incident took place along Burnley Road in the town of Todmorden where Godfry had been investigating reports of missing animals in the early hours of the morning.

Just as he was about to give up for the night he witnessed what he initially believed to be a bus heading towards him on the other side of the road. When it got closer however he realized that it was actually something far more unusual - an object that he later described as a 'large mass'.

"It was a fuzzy oval that rotated at such speed and hovered so low over the road that it was causing the bushes by the side to shake," he said.

His next recollection was of driving along further up the same road but with the mysterious object nowhere in sight. Confused, he returned to the spot where he had encountered the phenomenon and discovered "a circular patch where the road had been dried in a swirled pattern."
He also noted that his boots were scuffed as though he had been dragged along the ground and when he returned to the station he realized that he had somehow lost around 15 minutes.

He later learned that police officers in Halifax had also reported witnessing a "brilliant blue-white glow" in the sky on the same night while "a brilliant white object" was reported by a lorry driver around three miles from the location of his sighting.

After undergoing hypnotic regression in an effort to find out what happened during the missing period of time, Godfry recalled being moved in to a strange room where he met a bearded man called Yosef who, along with two robots, interrogated him through telepathic communication.

His story made headline news and became one of the UK's best known abduction cases.

No conclusive explanation for what he encountered that night has ever been found.

Comments (32)

Tags: Alan Godfry, UFO, Abduction

Comment icon #23 Posted by JamieSymptom on 14 December, 2015, 14:41
Comment icon #24 Posted by moon tide on 15 December, 2015, 13:07
Comment icon #25 Posted by ChrLzs on 22 December, 2015, 6:25
Having looked into the case I believe Alan Godfrey is telling the truth and encountered something not of this world on that day in 1980. Not a doubt in my mind. So, can you explain exactly what you found most compelling in terms of evidence? I'd like a little more than an assurance of your lack of doubt. I'm funny that way..
Comment icon #26 Posted by moon tide on 22 December, 2015, 6:33
So, can you explain exactly what you found most compelling in terms of evidence? I'd like a little more than an assurance of your lack of doubt. I'm funny that way.. Oh, you're funny that way are you. Well, I'm not here to assure you, I'm just posting my views like everyone else. If you want to know what happened in the Alan Godfrey case, go and look into it yourself. Make up your own mind.
Comment icon #27 Posted by ChrLzs on 22 December, 2015, 6:47
Oh, you're funny that way are you. Well, I'm not here to assure you, I'm just posting my views like everyone else. If you want to know what happened in the Alan Godfrey case, go and look into it yourself. Make up your own mind. Thanks for that. At least we've now clarified exactly how deeply you looked into it, and that you have considered all the aspects with great care, as per your effusive explanations... oh wait.. And as for my opinion, well, this is a big, unsupported, sloppy pile of bull excrement with NO evidence other than anecdotes.. Might as well be in the 20c pile of books at your n... [More]
Comment icon #28 Posted by DingoLingo on 27 December, 2015, 9:56
Thanks for that. At least we've now clarified exactly how deeply you looked into it, and that you have considered all the aspects with great care, as per your effusive explanations... oh wait.. And as for my opinion, well, this is a big, unsupported, sloppy pile of bull excrement with NO evidence other than anecdotes.. Might as well be in the 20c pile of books at your nearest disposals store. BTW, can someone point to the actual coroner's report from that second link above? Hint, that will be answered with No... ChrLzs we serioiusly need to get together for a beer one day
Comment icon #29 Posted by Dyna on 9 January, 2016, 22:53
I live in Halifax (up t'road from Todmorden) and this guy has been a local laughing stock since he first tried to peddle this tosh. The area around Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd (I guess you'd generally call it the Calder Valley) spawns a few 'UFO' tales every year, reported in a knowing, mocking tone by the local rag - dismissed by residents of the more down-to-earth wards as the imaginative fancies of the hippies, witches, smack-heads and p***-heads who live "Down t'Valley". So, er, answer to the OP is "No, he wasn't". The very reason I doubt the majority report what happens to them ... [More]
Comment icon #30 Posted by ChrLzs on 10 January, 2016, 1:59
The very reason I doubt the majority report what happens to them at all. Could you try that sentence again, but in English? I would like each person to stop and think, if something happened to you what would you say? Anything? If, like everyone to date who has claimed to 'experience' this silliness, I was, just like them, completely unable to gather/offer a shred of evidence of any kind whatsoever, I would accept that it was simply a stupid, but lucid dream and maybe report it at a dream-analysis forum. I've had a few of those lucid dreams over the years, and they were REAL. To me. At the time... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by Black Monk on 10 January, 2016, 18:54
I've been reading about this case ever since I was about eight or nine years old (I'm 34 now). It's in a book I have had since around that age called "Death By Supernatural Causes?", which was published in 1988. Bizarrely, PC Godfrey, six months before his alien abduction, had been investigating the mysterious and strange death of 56-year-old Zigmund Adamski, whose body was found lying on top of a pile of coal in Tomlin's coal yard in Todmorden on 11th June 1980. Adamski had been missing for five days after merely setting out from home to buy some potatoes, and when his body was found investig... [More]
Comment icon #32 Posted by Leo Krupe on 10 January, 2016, 19:33
I've had a few of those lucid dreams over the years, and they were REAL. To me. At the time. Not to anyone else. They were dreams. Duh. Here's something that happens to me almost every night. My bed falls to the floor. You know that sensation on an elevator or a roller coaster when your stomach goes into your throat? That happens to me, and it's unsettlingly real. So real that I've actually put my foot on the floor to make sure the bed didn't fall. It shouldn't be a surprise that not once has the bed fallen. It's all due to hypnogogic sleep. But it feels so real.

192465

Oldest human footprints in North America found
9-26-2021
Archaeologists have identified what are now thought to be the oldest footprints ever found on the continent.
Ghost with a bowler hat said to haunt Heathrow
9-26-2021
There have been many sightings of a ghostly figure in and around Heathrow airport over the years.
LIDAR reveals hidden secrets of Teotihuacan
9-25-2021
Traces of the ancient South American city can still be found in the roads and structures of modern Mexico.
William Shatner is going to space, aged 90
9-25-2021
The legendary Star Trek actor is set to become the oldest person ever to venture into space next month.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball