Monday, September 27, 2021
  Bizarre

Police called over man's battle with a spider

Posted on Friday, 27 November, 2015 | Comment icon 15 comments

Australia is not the best place for arachnophobes. Image Credit: Javier Zubiri / FreeImages.com
Police officers in Sydney, Australia were called to the scene of a possible domestic violence incident.
The bizarre case started when concerned neighbors reported hearing a woman's screams coming from a nearby house along with a man yelling "I'm going to kill you, you're dead. Die! Die!"

When officers arrived and knocked on the door however they were greeted by a flush-faced man who seemed to be out of breath and was very confused about why they were there.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I live alone," he said.

When the policemen pushed for him to explain what all the commotion was about however he eventually came clean about the entire incident.
"It was a spider," he confessed. "It was a spider, a really big one!!"

"What about the woman screaming ?" the officer asked him.

"Yeah sorry that was me, I really, really hate spiders," he replied.

"After a very long pause, some laughter and a quick look in the unit to make sure there was no injured party (apart from the spider) we left," the officers wrote on their Facebook page.

Source: Sky News | Comments (15)

Tags: Spider, Australia, Police

Comment icon #6 Posted by Sundew on 27 November, 2015, 14:28
A poem: Spider, spider on the wall, Ain't you got no sense at all? That wall's just been freshly plastered Get off there you little...spider.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot on 27 November, 2015, 15:06
Comment icon #8 Posted by Bildr on 27 November, 2015, 18:50
Only thing that came in mind while reading this was:
Comment icon #9 Posted by Totah Dine on 27 November, 2015, 20:34
Knowing the kind of spiders they have in Australia I would have been the one channeling my inner five year old. I would have been screaming and bawling for hours after the encounter. God bless that poor man. He should feel no shame.
Comment icon #10 Posted by pallidin on 27 November, 2015, 21:04
Officers in Sydney went to the address after numerous calls were made claiming a woman could be heard screaming hysterically and a man yelling "I'm going to kill you, you're dead. Die! Die!" Yeah, I could see where that might cause some concern...
Comment icon #11 Posted by tcgram on 28 November, 2015, 6:47
I don't like them spiders but when i see one i use piece of paper to get it out and find it good warm spot in my garden where spider can continue to live and catch as many bugs as it likes. Why should i kill it? Just to complain how the number of bugs has increased to alarming level I scoop them up in a dustpan and set them outside. Spiders don't bother me, a friend of mine had a tarantula when I was younger and she was rather interesting.
Comment icon #12 Posted by alibongo on 28 November, 2015, 10:31
I had a terrible battle with a spider once. We were fighting for ownership of the hallway outside my flat. In the end we had a tacit agreement to avoid each other as far as possible, we ended on barely speaking terms. Thankfully there were no injuries.
Comment icon #13 Posted by ExpandMyMind on 28 November, 2015, 13:22
I don't like them spiders but when i see one i use piece of paper to get it out and find it good warm spot in my garden where spider can continue to live and catch as many bugs as it likes. Why should i kill it? Just to complain how the number of bugs has increased to alarming level I hate to break it to you but most house spiders can't live outside.
Comment icon #14 Posted by alibongo on 28 November, 2015, 15:10
I hate to break it to you but most house spiders can't live outside. yeah, I heard this, but my theory is, once you take them outside to placate the arachnophobes inside, they will make their way back inside and be a bit more careful about showing themselves in the future. As most of us know, spiders are mainly harmless and rid us of more annoying pests.Like arachnaphobes.
Comment icon #15 Posted by pallidin on 29 November, 2015, 18:55
I know and appreciate that some people are exceptionally apprehensive around spiders. Most people seem to have their own set of fears regarding creatures, myself included. Spiders are not a big fear for me. But other things are that might seem silly to other's. "Daddy long-legs": I will actually go out-of-my way to avoid harming them in any way (I know that some we call daddy long-legs are not spiders at all) I have no fear of them, and will try to assist their travel if they are "in my way" so that I do not harm them. After all, they can co-exist quite peacefully with us humans, and they eat ... [More]

192465

Reliable way to induce lucid dreams discovered
9-27-2021
Researchers have found that a common Alzheimer's drug can help to induce lucid dreaming more reliably.
Oldest human footprints in North America found
9-26-2021
Archaeologists have identified what are now thought to be the oldest footprints ever found on the continent.
Ghost with a bowler hat said to haunt Heathrow
9-26-2021
There have been many sightings of a ghostly figure in and around Heathrow airport over the years.
LIDAR reveals hidden secrets of Teotihuacan
9-25-2021
Traces of the ancient South American city can still be found in the roads and structures of modern Mexico.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball