Sunday, January 22, 2017

Mother films 'ghost' in her baby's cot

Posted on Thursday, 4 February, 2016 | Comment icon 56 comments

Was someone watching over the baby ? Image Credit: Jade Yates / Facebook / YouTube
Jade Yates got the shock of her life when she saw something unusual sharing her daughter Ruby's cot.
The footage, which was later uploaded online, shows what appears to be a human-like shape next to the sleeping child which dissipates and reforms several times throughout the video. According to Yates, the door to the room had been closed and nobody else had been there at the time.

She also believes that the footage shows two spirits - one a small child and the other an adult.

"Ruby was not unsettled at all," she said. "But she does wake every hour or so at night maybe this is why, someone wanting to play. I don't think they are nasty as the adult looks to be so attentive."

The footage, which can be viewed below, has so far wracked up over one million hits online.

Source: 9news.com.au | Comments (56)

Tags: Ghost, Baby, Cot

Comment icon #47 Posted by regeneratia on 11 February, 2016, 22:31
Comment icon #48 Posted by cenobite on 13 February, 2016, 12:44
Mmm calling bs on this if I thought something was with my child I would be straight in there, not videoing for 20 mins
Comment icon #49 Posted by Merc14 on 14 February, 2016, 19:43
I am not even going to address whether it is real or not. What I want to address is why she thinks that it is ghosts and not the spirit of her daughter coming and going from the body. Also there are companion spirits that aid the soul while it is an infant. Do'nt know what it is, but I do not think that it can be named just one thing. Yeah because it is a lot more common to have your kid's spirit leaving its body than a ghost sitting on the crib rail.
Comment icon #50 Posted by Brian Topp on 2 April, 2016, 4:03
Of course a camera recording of a monitor doesn't have the decent quality to see what it is but I believe it is a hair particle on the lens and air current is making it move which explains why the same movement pattern. When an object is too close to the lens of the camera and the lens is focused on objects further away the image close blurs and becomes transparent and even the color changes based on lighting around it.
Comment icon #51 Posted by Kasha on 6 April, 2016, 21:48
I'm with freetoroam on this one, but for a different reason... A mother sees something "disturbing" on the baby monitor and her first impulse is to film it for 3 minutes?... My first impulse would be to go in the room and see if the kid is alright... But then again, I'm not a "mum"... This was my exact first thought, and I am a mum of 3. I would have been running full tilt to my child's room. It's a creepy image for sure, but one that can probably be explained as something mundane. Regardless, I think the first gut reaction would be to check on your child first. Sorry if this has already been ... [More]
Comment icon #52 Posted by ChrLzs on 6 April, 2016, 23:03
.. Kasha, can you please get your dog to stop staring at me!!!
Comment icon #53 Posted by Brian Topp on 8 April, 2016, 21:00
Probably just her baby's guardian angel.
Comment icon #54 Posted by regeneratia on 8 April, 2016, 21:13
Yeah because it is a lot more common to have your kid's spirit leaving its body than a ghost sitting on the crib rail. Yes, far more common. The soul doesn't attach to the body for an individual amount of time. Heck, even at our age, the soul is NOT exactly attached to the body. I have had OBEs. Have you?
Comment icon #55 Posted by Kasha on 24 April, 2016, 5:35
.. Kasha, can you please get your dog to stop staring at me!!! LOL! It's the lazer beam eyes, isn't it? I'll see what I can do...she's a sneaky little devil 😁
Comment icon #56 Posted by Merc14 on 24 April, 2016, 5:48
Yes, far more common. The soul doesn't attach to the body for an individual amount of time. Heck, even at our age, the soul is NOT exactly attached to the body. I have had OBEs. Have you? No, and I dare say that I have had my close calls in life. What OBEs have you had and what was the cause if an may ask.

New clue emerges in DB Cooper hijacking case
1-22-2017
An independent investigation in to the long-running mystery has managed to dig up an important new clue.
Did humans wipe out Australia's megafauna ?
1-22-2017
A new study has cast doubt on the idea that climate change wiped out most of Australia's huge beasts.
Some of us are able to 'hear' flashes of light
1-21-2017
Scientists have identified a form of synaesthesia that may affect more than one fifth of the population.
Fresh doubts cast on Tunguska impact theory
1-21-2017
Russian scientists have found evidence to suggest that the impact crater may predate the event itself.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
Coconut octopus vs crab
Posted 1-22-2017 | 0 comments
A coconut octopus lies in wait for an unsuspecting meal in this Smithsonian Channel clip.

What would happen if you fell 365 meters ?
Posted 1-21-2017 | 2 comments
A look at what would happen if you were unfortunate enough to fall from a great height.

A colorful 'landing' on Pluto
Posted 1-20-2017 | 0 comments
This NASA movie explores would it might be like to land on the dwarf planet Pluto.

The future of warfare
Posted 1-19-2017 | 2 comments
Drone armies and laser cannons may become increasingly common in the near future.

Kowloon Walled City
Posted 1-18-2017 | 1 comment
A look at what was once the most densely populated area on the surface of the planet.

Phantom vehicle
1-6-2017 | Ramer, United States

True ghost stories
1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.

A 15-year-old predicted my future!
12-21-2016 | Katherine, Australia

The haunted pond
12-21-2016 | Essex, Ontario, Canada

The haunted hospital
12-28-2016 | New Plymouth, New Zealand

Loud crash in the night
12-17-2016 | Pennsylvania

Mysterious woman in a blue dress
12-17-2016 | Northern Ireland