Thursday, August 18, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

South Korea man blames octopus for murder

September 10, 2012 | Comment icon 26 comments

Image Credit: Albert Kok
In a bizarre murder trial, a man accused of killing his girlfriend is claiming that an octopus did it.
The unnamed defendant is facing the death penalty if he is found guilty of murdering his 22-year-old girlfriend, also unnamed. In his defense the man is claiming that his girlfriend choked to death on Sannakji, a type of edible octopus that is consumed while it is still moving.

Suspiciously, his girlfriend took out a large life insurance policy just one month before her death, guaranteeing her boyfriend quite a large sum in the event of her untimely demise.
The medical evidence is thin since no official autopsy was performed to verify these claims and the body no longer exists. And although itís damning, the evidence pointing towards Mr. Kís conviction is circumstantial, so itís unlikely a judgment of death will be handed down.

Source: Rocket News | Comments (26)

Comment icon #17 Posted by csspwns 10 years ago
he should have came up with a cooler lie like "my girlfriend ate some sushi that was poisoned by radiation and dieeed" then he should bawl out a sad love story about his precious times with his girlfriend and all that lol
Comment icon #18 Posted by Lava_Lady 10 years ago
Excuse me? Please point to the part of my sentence that refers to "an entire culture". I am perfectly entitled to consider something grosse and unfeeling in other human beings if that is how I see it. I mentioned him and his girlfriend and THAT IS ALL. How interesting that you would jump to so many conclusions based on how I feel about folk who eat live animals, I don't care what part of the world they come from if that is what is being done I am going to be grossed out. I stand corrected, you did not make that statement about an entire culture... however, even judging the two people in questi... [More]
Comment icon #19 Posted by libstaK 10 years ago
I stand corrected, you did not make that statement about an entire culture... however, even judging the two people in question as "barbaric" its pretty elitist. Especially when stating you don't care what happens to either of them simply because one of them ate a still squirming octopus appendage. If its gross to you simply saying that would have been more effective than calling people uncivilized, which is what barbaric means. I find it interesting that you found what one of them ate the deciding factor in your reaction than the fact a woman was possibly murdered by someone she trusted. Oh, a... [More]
Comment icon #20 Posted by Harlequin Dreamer 10 years ago
NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH ! This is how that woman got the weird sperm all embedded in her mouth btw. They eat them alive . Fitting the animals gets them back . Its bad enough he's eating it but she had her hands all over it then fed him. she might of been to the tiolet and not washed those hands and now if he complained he's sick "duh" I wonder why. :no: :td:
Comment icon #21 Posted by Idano 10 years ago
Karma...would you like to be eaten alive? Keep it clean....
Comment icon #22 Posted by Bavarian Raven 10 years ago
Comment icon #23 Posted by Junior Chubb 10 years ago
Anyone else find it very convenient that the body was quickly burned without a proper autopsy, basically condemning the case against the men? Who gets said money if this man is locked up/executed??? I would guess nobody does if he is found guilty.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Lava_Lady 10 years ago
I see Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Foods eat live animals all the time. He travels the world and explores ask different kinds of food. And although I don't condone eating something alive it happens in numerous cultures, not just Asian cultures. It is normal for a lot of people. Who are we to judge them as uncivilized? It happens everywhere, every day! Crustaceans get thrown into boiling water ALIVE!! The steak you enjoyed the other day... well, that cow was slaughtered in the most horrific way, factory line style, while it was alive! What the difference? Point is, don't judge people based on how ... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by Bavarian Raven 10 years ago
I would guess nobody does if he is found guilty. or the insurance company does. maybe the insurance company has friends/owns part of the funeral/morgue or are in some way related to it? condemn the man and they save themselves a bunch of cash
Comment icon #26 Posted by jbefumo 10 years ago
Amazing how indifferent some cultures to displaying their inhumanity and utter indifference to life.

Total Posts: 7,314,946    Topics: 300,978    Members: 198,025