Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Metaphysics & Psychology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Metaphysics & Psychology

Hearing heartbeat improves self-awareness

February 8, 2013 | Comment icon 9 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
New research suggests that hearing your own heartbeat can make you feel comfortable in your own skin.
The results of the study indicate that a person able to hear their own heart beating is less likely to objectify themselves than someone who can't. The concept lies within the idea that awareness of one's heartbeat tends to provide greater awareness of being inside of one's own body.

"If people are able to stand inside their bodies and feel their body, they have a good sense of what's happening inside themselves, and they're less likely to objectify themselves," said study co-author Vivien Ainley.
How well people are able to hear their heartbeat is a good measure of their awareness of being inside their own body. Past research, for instance, showed that people who can accurately count their heartbeats are better than others at sensing their own nervousness and arousal, Ainley told LiveScience.

Source: Live Science | Comments (9)

Comment icon #1 Posted by stevemagegod 10 years ago
interesting
Comment icon #2 Posted by gnostic-deity 10 years ago
Comment icon #3 Posted by Eldorado 10 years ago
whatever, ot: i dont like hearing my heartbeat, it kinda freaks me out. reminds me how one day it will stop, and im not ready to ponder that thought fully, yet. I'm with you on that. If I heard it skipping a beat or two I reckon it would be panic-attack time.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Lady Annabella 10 years ago
Comment icon #5 Posted by KainFall 10 years ago
I am a little confused . I thought we all heard our own heart beat all the time . I know I do . Its rather annoying at times . I thought it was just something we got used to hearing so we did not really pay to much attention to it . I have always gotten a lot of ear infections in the past , I always hear my heart beating , Fast to slow . When I was a kid I used to hold my breath because my heart beat would change ... Again maybe I am just someone that can't stop hearing it 24/7 your conscious an aware. =P its natural when someone has a common sense for the health of there bodys.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Lady Annabella 10 years ago
It is an interesting topic , because I thought it was common among us all . Well now I know . lol . I am health oriented , I try to use herbs and other methods of healing myself and children other then pills . Definitely a good read !
Comment icon #7 Posted by GirlfromOz 10 years ago
When you hear your own heartbeat,you know.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Capt Amerika 10 years ago
I could probably hear my heartbeat if i could just get the voices in my head to shut up for 5 minutes!
Comment icon #9 Posted by wolfknight 10 years ago
I hear and feeling my heartbeat. It is a wonder thing .

Total Posts: 7,314,047    Topics: 300,926    Members: 198,010